Want a good laugh?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Want a good laugh?

Don´t agree...  what about Gronk, Hernandez, DMC, Spikes ??? players that are starters, playmakers.

Rebuilding is not what you think it is... a team like NE with a HOF QB still at his prime does not REBUILD...

In Response to Want a good laugh?:

[QUOTE]Some fans have gone to great lengths to break down for us the brilliant rebuilding job super genius has done on our D. Sensational finds with high draft picks like Brace, Butler, Chung, Cunningham, Spikes, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather have been painstakingly assembled by the mastermind and those in the know have told us this shiny new trap was about to be sprung upon an unsuspecting NFL this very season. Now here's the funny part. Instead of this master rebuilding plan finally reaching fruition, Hoodie goes out and finds a bevy of veteran defenders long in the tooth from all over the league, changes the basic premise of the D, and in doing so completely blows the hell out of that nonsense about rebuilding. He didn't rebuild. The people he drafted sucked and you can't rebuild with inferior parts. So now he's trying to throw something together at the last minute that might actually work. Are you laughing yet? You should be, because you just can't make stuff like this up.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

you are totally right !!!

In Response to Re: Want a good laugh?:

[QUOTE]I rarely post as I often choose to read all of your insightfull threads/posts. With that being said anyone calling BB a failed coach is clearly looking for attention. Babe Parilli = fail
    Posted by HOTBLITZ[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Sorry Babe. Some of what you say has substance, but a "failed coach without Brady"?  That's not fact, as you suggest, that's opinion. Was Lombardi a failed coach without Starr?  I guess so under your standards.  Why didn't he win immediately when he went to the Redskins. You can go throughout sports history with numerous examples like this.  I suppose Magic Johnson was a failure too.  What did he ever win without Jabbar.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

All the "great" coaches had their career success track the years they had the great players. If you think not give me examples of those who didn't.

I imagine BB would have been less of a failure in Cleveland if he had a HOF QB there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : actually though your point is wrong...  he is doing what he ALWAYS DOES... he brings in fa's that arent looking to break the bank...just to play for a winner...he hasnt gone away from rebuilding at all...in fact he has inhanced it.... with the draft this year and the additional of fa's in needed area's on D just dont be on here later in the year saying i told you so...
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

This is what he always does? He always acquires 3 starters from other teams for the D line, and cuts his starting S who has made 2 pro-bowls? Give me an example of him EVER doing such a wholesale change.

Same old kool-aide guzzling spin from Hoodie's Zombies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : HE WON TWO CHAMPIONS SHIPS WITH GIANTS... hello...get a grip patsfan76
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

Hey McFly, who won 3 SBs for the Pats, Crennell?

Hey, Bledsoe won a  championship and Marino didn't.

What the hell is your point about BB winning 2 SBs as a defensice coordinator?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : Last week Brady said himself that; "Without BB/Kraft, that he would be a third string QB somewhere or even out of the league." Let's see, horses mouth or horses azz.  You choose! You are all about attention.  You bring up BB if something remotely indicts him. If you can't find something, you make it up. What is the purpose of all your ranting? Do you really think you are going to change someone's opinion? Now, that's laughable!  Fail....Fail....Fail.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Brady says a lot of things. Nice guy. Very humble. Do you take everything he says as gospel, or might he just be saying the right thing?

He also says Manning is the best QB in the game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : What? If he just completed the final stages of the rebuilding "attempt" which started the second he dealt Cassel/Vrabel and then Seymour in 2009, why are you so quick to pretend it failed on the heels of THE BEST draft BAR NONE since the 1989 Cowboys draft? NE is at 5-1 odds in Vegas to win the SB, has a great group of young players, is incredibly well financed across the roster, stability/continuity with coaches, most of the players, and 2 1st rd picks yet again to work with moving forward. What part of dealing Seymour and scaling back heading into a lockout is a "failure"? Top 5 best GMs in the NFL right now and generally the past 5-10 years in no order: BB Roseman/Reid (Philly) Ozzie Newsome (Balt) Rooneys/Colbert (Pitt) AJ Smith (SD) Polian is in the mix as well. As is Mickey Loomis for his work in New Orleans heading out of Katrina.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I thought you said the rebuilding was complete. Then BB cuts Meriweather and gets 3 guys for the D lins and goes to a 4-3.

Spin much wonderboy?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Fan stuff.  What is it that is important?  Winning or attempting to show you're right and smarter than the future HOF coach of your team?.  The PATS win year in and year out with BB as coach and yet some say he can't draft and others say he cheats and others have other issues but everyday we are still here, posting our fan stuff while the team does what it has done since 2001, which is win.  Once upon a time simply winning was more than acceptable, good football was something new.  Now its not, its the norm and we want better than the norm, because we've become spoiled by..... yep, winning.  This thread was started by  fan who's moniker is Babe Parilli, suggesting he's been a fan forever, going back to the sixities.  Well Babe would you rather go back to the days of futility and 1 & 15 or would you rather win?  My guess is you would rather pretend you are an expert.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I like the Brady years much more than anything that preceded it Vlad. That doesb;e mean I won't comment on why we have not won a SB for 6 years despite having the best QB of all-time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Hmm lets look at teh defense for a moment and see who was drafted by BB and who starts...and who is a pro-bowler for that matter. Wilfork-deny he is a stud and you lose what little credibility you may have had Mayo- See above Mcourty- See above Spikes- Jury is still out, but he is a run stuffing MLB..not sure about pass coverage yet Chung- Again the jury is still out but he looks good to me Mike Wright- Not a stud, but certainly a valuable DL and was missed last year when hurt Guyton- great in pass coverage...too small against the run Ninkovich-See above for run package So now lets look at the vaunted jets D and see who was drafted by the Jets Calvin Pace- Drafted by Arizona Cromartie-Drafted by San Diego Bart Scott- Drafted by the Ravens Jim LeonHard-Drafted by the Bills Hmmm 7 starters drafted by the patriots.......7 by the jets....Rex Ryan is brilliant though. The draft is hit or miss and everyone knows it....besides, most of the players released were drafted by Pioli as well.....funny how no one mentions that anymore.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

I find little to disagree with here in your statements about the Pats. . I don't concern myself with the jets much so I have no comment on your statements regarding them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : That's what is awkward about someone like Babe.  He thinks he is better than BB or more qualified? Everyone enjoys playing GM for fun, etc, but to pretend you know better or more than Belichick? Just laughable. The guy is the envy of every head coach in this league, because he handles everything as an incredible coach and a really, really good GM.  He is admired by most (90%) organizations who don't let their jealousy get in the way. Even evil Polian has admitted BB has been brilliant staying ahead of the curve and not losing the edge.

It's about results wonderboy. Results = 0 for the last 6 - a no show and two one and outs in the last 3.

The rest is just spin.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Proof that he can do it without Brady? he designed this defense in New York a while back....you  know, the one that won two superbowls??  The one that had arguably the best sack producer in the history of football?? Because that Giants D was so great before he got there. in 1981 BB was the linebacker coach.....who did they draft that year?  Lawrence Taylor? yeah he wasnt very good....you dont think BB put his stamp on that dominating D?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

I think BB was a top nitch DC, and is a top notch HC. He is not nearly that formidable as a GM.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]It's hard to pinpoint success on any one person. We all know, most great coaches have had great QB's, and QB's great coaches. There are also 52 other people on the roster that contribute. To say Brady made BB, or BB Brady?..it's probably a bit of both. To call BB a "failed coach from Cleveland" is not fair. You are what your record is for sure, but there was a lot of issues with that franchise at the time, and I believe BB didn't have the personnel to pull it off. You can have the greatest game plan and scheme in teh world, but if you don't have the players to execute it, then it's probably going to fail. Fast forward to NE....BB came in with his philosophy, scheme, etc. and it finally married up with a HOF QB, good D and supporting cast. It worked and produced results. Imagine of Pete Carroll was the coach in 2000/01...do you think we would have brought in those FA's that seemed to fit well? Do you think we get to the SB, or win it all?...I highly doubt it.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

As I have said; BB is a terrific coach. I referred to him as "the failed coach from Cleveland" only to emphacize that his success has tracked having Brady. His great success came when he had a very excerllent core of players he inherited from past vintages of the team and found Brady. Since those core inherited players have moved on and he has populated the team's entire supporting cast the success has diminished greatly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

wasnt scott piolli the so called gm during the bad drafts of 06-08? and to think at one point piolli was considered the genius...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, you really lose all credibility when you throw out the words "failed coach" to describe Belichick. Certain criticisms of his moves as GM are warranted, but to call him a "failed coach" who's just been "riding Brady" all this time is beyond idiotic. Sorry, it just is. Remember, he was not failing in Cleveland: from the start of his 4th year there through the first four weeks of the 1995 season, the Browns were 14-6 in the regular season; then Modell announced the move to Baltimore and suddenly the players had a lot more on their minds than just football for the rest of the year. Here, he's had 1 losing season. One. He even went 11-5 the year Brady missed the entire season. Yes, I know, I know, I know the mantra: the schedule was easy in 2008. And you know what? It was an easy schedule, but that still doesn't explain how a coach can keep his team focused and playing hard for 16 games when the players know full well that their only hope of winning a Super Bowl hobbled off the field for the season just 7 minutes into the first game. Ask any NFL coach (not pundits, not fans, but coaches) if going 11-5 with the backup QB--easy schedule or not--is a simple task to perform. Sorry man. I've been amused with your incessant carping at BB for awhile now, but the "failed coach" line indicates to me that you're simply not rational when it comes to BB. Are you really Ron Borges?
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Most of this is fairly stated. And I have repeatedly stated BB is a good coach.

The use of the term "failed coach from Cleveland" is a title rather than an assessment of his coaching prowess. It is used for emphasis rather than as a literal term. This is obvious because I have said he is a good coach a hundred times.

It is used simply to highlight the reality that the success that defines BB as great came at a moment in time that he inherited a core of very good players, got lucky with Brady and added a few key pieces himself.  It was not his excellence as a GM that made him great. It was being in the right place at the right time with the right skills and a good portion of luck that made him great.

I appreciate your sober and thoughtful post. I am not Borges.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is so dumb. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 Aikman's rookie year and a year before Emmitt Smith. Chuck Noll went 1-13 the year before Bradshaw. Before Montana became Montana Bill Walsh was 8-24. George Seifert did pretty well in Carolina right? Look at the dip in Bud Grant's record after Tarkenton retired. Go look at any of the top coaches, all have seasons like BB had in Cleveland. Shula even had those kinds of seasons with Marino. Stop hating Babe, be grateful for a coach like Bill, just ask Vikings fans about those gems they had in Tice and Childress.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Great players make great coaches. We just need more great players if we want to win SBs again.

Who is it that's picking the players for us?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want a good laugh? : All the "great" coaches had their career success track the years they had the great players. If you think not give me examples of those who didn't. I imagine BB would have been less of a failure in Cleveland if he had a HOF QB there.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You are in your own trap.  Lombardi had HOF QB Jurgensen in Washington.  BB had no HOF QB's in Cleveland.
    Geesh, why the he!! did they name a trophy after that stiff Lombardi?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Or, his intelligence with the new cap system was actually the first GM to ever really grasp the concept and how to allocate finances to each position. Mike Lombardi on NFLN mentions this all the time.  Art Modell admitted later he wasn't patient enough and didn't understand what BB was doing, inappropriately scapegoating the guy who actually had a clue how to clean house and adjust to the new cap. A year after Cleveland moved to Baltimore, BB's choice at QB, Vinny Testaverde, went to a Pro Bowl. So, yes, I imagine if BB had less friction around his 1st gig as head coach and more support, he would have fared better. Aren't we pretty much over the myth that BB failed in Cleveland?   I could have sworn Modell admitting he blew it would have done this.

BB has strengths and weaknesses as a GM. He does well with trades and he does well with money. His drafting and FA signings are much more of a mixed bag.

As a coach, he is as good as they come.

I think it's rather humorous that this thread was not about BB, it was about fan's assessment of what he was doing being wrong and everybody turned it into a BB thread. So be it.

Sections
Shortcuts