Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside

There are many who believe it's impossible,many who believe it could be and some that will swear to it. Here is just one more article that opens possibilities to what very well could be true. I have said all along, a group of Billionaire's getting together will not just throw their money away on a chance, and by being an owner in the NFL, it's difficult to lose! How many people thought Pro Wrestling was real until Hulk Hogan sold out? Jai-Alai players in the 1980's in Florida stepping forward about the games being rigged. The list goes on but before anyone stands up and shouts there's no way it's possible take a good read here........
    http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/pro_sports_rigged_232.html

And try to remember, Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, its all Sports Entertainment aimed at one thing and one thing only......for you the fan spending your money for them, to them and on them!  But its all in the name of fun...Oh and if you are one of the Strong supporters of saying there is no way pro sports can be fixed, please take a close look at the NBA and the Refs.....Nuff said, Post your opinions folks.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside

I would like not to believe it, but quietly I think it's true.

I knew before the NFC Championship Game that the Saints were a team of destiny.  New Orleans needed champions (apparently only 60% of their population has returned since Katrina... STILL) and the league needed a stopgap elite QB for when Brady and Manning start heading into the twilights of their careers.

Naturally, when Dave Thomas tripped two yards from the nearest defender on the left sideline when the Saints were driving for a game-winning field goal in overtime of the NFC Championship Game, a flag appeared for pass interference.

And the 4th quarter of the 2010 NBA Finals was a disgrace.  Yes, I know the Celtics were outrebounded, but the Lakers shot 27% in the first half.  Both teams played poorly.  Both teams had to scrap.  Then the refs stepped in and decided after three quarters of a free-for-all that they were going to call a tight game.

Clearly the league knows that people are cheating.  Goodell acknowledges that stealing signals is common in this Sports Illustrated article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sports/football/17nfl.html

But do they stop the Patriots back in 2001, 2003, and 2004 when they were winning Super Bowls as the unlikely "announced as a team" team?  No.  Especially after September 11th when a team with a name like "Patriots" was good for a White House that was staging the Halliburton War in Iraq.

They only out the Pats when everyone hates them.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Zeitgeist has a good theory that sports, theater, movies, pop culture, and video games are just distractions to keep people from contemplating the real problems with society or the crooks that run it.  I tend to agree.  If people didn't have The Hills and Girls Gone Wild to soften their brains to mush, they might realize that the National Debt is because the PRIVATE banks of the Federal Reserve actually own our country's money supply, among other things (those same banks that we bailed out, two of which coincidentally largely belong to a family named Rockefeller).

If you wanted to rig a game, you'd need a good understanding of how a team wins games, then use the refs to create that environment as much as possible.  Do they need the extra 50 yards from a big pass interference penalty in the first half to remain competitive?  Can a key holding penalty take a running back out of his rhythm by wiping out a big run AND handcuffing his offensive line?  Will we allow bumps 10-15 yards downfield?  Or will we decide to call illegal contact? 

Given a relatively even competitive environment, teams can only afford to be good at certain things, with a few well-managed teams being multifaceted.  This means that you can negate a passing team's advantage by allowing physical play against their receivers.  Or screw up a physical defense by calling penalties for downfield contact.  These things do affect the way a game is played.  A couple calls in the first quarter can set the tone of the game, and no, not every team has the personnel to adjust, nor should they have to.

I'll continue to watch sports because I'm attached.  I played for too long to give them up.  Nonetheless, I'm skeptical.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside:
    I would like not to believe it, but quietly I think it's true. I knew before the NFC Championship Game that the Saints were a team of destiny.  New Orleans needed champions (apparently only 60% of their population has returned since Katrina... STILL) and the league needed a stopgap elite QB for when Brady and Manning start heading into the twilights of their careers. Naturally, when Dave Thomas tripped two yards from the nearest defender on the left sideline when the Saints were driving for a game-winning field goal in overtime of the NFC Championship Game, a flag appeared for pass interference. And the 4th quarter of the 2010 NBA Finals was a disgrace.  Yes, I know the Celtics were outrebounded, but the Lakers shot 27% in the first half.  Both teams played poorly.  Both teams had to scrap.  Then the refs stepped in and decided after three quarters of a free-for-all that they were going to call a tight game. Clearly the league knows that people are cheating.  Goodell acknowledges that stealing signals is common in this Sports Illustrated article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/sports/football/17nfl.html But do they stop the Patriots back in 2001, 2003, and 2004 when they were winning Super Bowls as the unlikely "announced as a team" team?  No.  Especially after September 11th when a team with a name like "Patriots" was good for a White House that was staging the Halliburton War in Iraq. They only out the Pats when everyone hates them.  Coincidence?  I think not. Zeitgeist has a good theory that sports, theater, movies, pop culture, and video games are just distractions to keep people from contemplating the real problems with society or the crooks that run it.  I tend to agree.  If people didn't have The Hills and Girls Gone Wild to soften their brains to mush, they might realize that the National Debt is because the PRIVATE banks of the Federal Reserve actually own our country's money supply, among other things (those same banks that we bailed out, two of which coincidentally largely belong to a family named Rockefeller). If you wanted to rig a game, you'd need a good understanding of how a team wins games, then use the refs to create that environment as much as possible.  Do they need the extra 50 yards from a big pass interference penalty in the first half to remain competitive?  Can a key holding penalty take a running back out of his rhythm by wiping out a big run AND handcuffing his offensive line?  Will we allow bumps 10-15 yards downfield?  Or will we decide to call illegal contact? I'll continue to watch sports because I'm attached.  I played for too long to give them up.  Nonetheless, I'm skeptical.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Absolutely great response by you! Finally, someone that shows his love for the game and sports, but yet recognizes that many things man made involving money will be tainted! My dad loved Pro Wrestling, he knew it was fake but still loved the moves, the fun and the characters involved.  How sad to know the truth that most things are rigged as for the outcome, but with some events maybe its not that bad. We all need to feel good about soemthings and ourselves, we all cant be pro athletes or superstars, I guess the next best thing is a good pay check, a good beer, a good woman and a great weekend, and cheat codes on X-Box!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All Sports entertainment entities are regulated by rule enforcers,this being said there is no doubt that the outcome of all championship series and or single game Championships at the Professional level are manipulated and shaped too engulf the viewing audience. Money talks and when Billionaires play they aren't looking for level playing fields. The WWE and Vince McMahon are the only true Sports entertainment entity that has acknowledged that the results of any and all matches are pre determined,this information only increased the viewing audience because you as a fan of Artificial Wrestling love the entertainment value being presented.. They will go down in the annuls as the greatest made for TV show ever. Too bad we won't look upon the folks who run Baseball,Football,Basketball or Hockey in the same light upon their addmission that they also were a prescripted event,the reason why we won't accept their revealing the truth is because they intentionally hid it from their viewing audience! Nobody likes a Liar and a Thief....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

When the Pats lost to the Giants in the SB, on the miracle pass play, videos show the defensive lineman being held all around Manning. It was pretty clear, and the ref was right there.  No call....a real easy way to influence a game.  Make one of those holding calls, and the outcome of the game changes.  Pats hold on and win, rather than go on to lose by 3.  It could be possible.  Look what this did for football in NY. Lot of revenue for the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I recommend "Personal Foul", an insider expose of NBA game-rigging. 

The League itself rigged early-round playoff games in order to approach a full seven games per round, which in turn increased their airtime and advertising revenue.

The refs as a group rigged the calls to get revenge as needed.  Latrell Sprewell was hated by the refs, so they destroyed his game by always calling tickytack fouls on him and never on his opponents.  Sprewell's game naturally suffered and he left the NBA.

The book's author rigged games and had a relative bet on the games.  The Mob got to the relative, got to him and then he rigged games for a mobster.  The mobster was busted on some unrelated rap and finked the ref out.

The financial potential for rigging football games is enormous.  You gamblers should always watch how the betting line is skewed, to see which way the fix is in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

after watching the celtics/orlando and then celtics lakers how can anyone doubt it... seriously

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

As they say: No offense, but you're an idiot.

Owners make money from this League NO MATTER WHAT. Even if a team does horribly for a decade (see the Raiders for instance), the owners are STILL making money and moreover they know it. There is simply no basis for saying that this is a reason for an owner to try and manipulate the game.

The refs sometimes make bad calls because they get swept up in the game too. Sometimes those calls happen at the worst of times, but it's not a perfect sport. Maybe there is very occasionally a bribe here or there, but remember - CONGRESS keeps an eye out for any inconsistencies with the sport (partly because it is basically an exempt monopoly that they could break up at any time, and partly because they have constituents that they need to satisfy)

Conspiracy theories are soemtimes fun to think about, but this is just bs - if you have that much time on your hands spend it on solving real problems like what to do about North Korea, rather than inventing fake ones...

And, btw - wrestling was known to be fake a looooooonnnnnggggg time before Hulk Hogan. Since at LEAST the early 60's dude. Wrestling has reveled in the fact that it is fake, and that has led to its increase in popularity - if football was fake they'd probably do the same. It's easy to create storylines and drama that's more captivating to people (especially the NON X's and O's people) than just game strategies...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Remember the time Troy Palamoulo (sp?) intercepted the ball in the playoffs against the Colts.  The refs came out, "no interception."  It was so blatant, it was ridiculous.  It was late in the game, and the Colts were given a clear advantage to advance to the Super Bowl.  BUT, they blew it.  The Steelers won anyway.  That was one of the best games ever.
    Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  The game where The Bus thought he was going to be the goat for a fumble late on the goalline.  Nothing the refs or the Steelers or anything anyone could do could help the Colts win.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I find it very hard to believe that the actual game is rigged. If this were so there would be alot of owners screaming, HEY it's my turn you fellas have had your share. Now refs being bought off, that I wont argue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The first line of Great Gadsby is ''Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me.''

NFL owners are all very rich and live very different lives than you and me. I suspect many of them could care less about the sport of football. Even Bob Kraft refers to the Patriots team as "product", as if the 53 players were shaving cream. I also suspect that, no matter how rich they are, they wouldn't be above "manipulating" games when large sums of money are at stake. How much would it be worth to know the 2011 SB winner?

I'm generally not a conspiracy theory guy, but I have to say that there's a lot of strange, inexplicable stuff going on in the wonderful world of sports. The 4th quarter of the NBA game 7 for one. The 2006 payton-ference call that send the jugheads to the SB. The infamous SI cover that showed seymour held in a  headlock by chris snee, as he was reaching out for jughead, Jr. on the infamous pass to of SB 2008. Ben Dreith.

I expect fans of other teams have their own stories affecting their own teams.

I'm just sayin' that it wouldn't surprise me at all if these rumors were true. In a country gullible enough to elect obama, anything can happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

^
    right on high and tight and I'll add in a country gullible enough to elect W twice anything can happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Since the subject involves conspiracies anyway, I have to point out that it's debatable that we elected W. twice.

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside:
    ^ ^  right on high and tight and I'll add in a country gullible enough to elect W twice anything can happen.
    Posted by HRK103

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

timesedge-Naturally there are no cheats, crooks or conspirators in the halls of Congress...

HRK and unclealfie- Sure, let's keep believeing that Democrats and Republicans aren't just two sides of the same bad penny...

Forget it. I don't want to go ranting down that road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I find it very hard to believe that the actual game is rigged. If this were so there would be alot of owners screaming, HEY it's my turn you fellas have had your share. Now refs being bought off, that I wont argue.
    Posted by southnpatsfan

Food for thought:  Aren't some owners screaming that?  What about someone like Mark Cuban?  Just being an owner requires approval from the leagues.  They won't let just anyone be a winner owner or a losing one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

OK everybody, come on, "I pledge allegiance, to the flag . . ."

Seriously, does anyone remember the regular season game in Denver, the one where the Pats intensionally committed a safety?  At one point that game was like 11 penalties to 0 in faver of the Broncos.  I've talked to Chargers and Raiders fans who think visiting Denver is an unfair setup.  Whatever, maybe it was the refs being caught up in the action like one respondent suggested.  The point is, the Patriots won the game.  It was so awesome!  Assuming we agree that the players aren't involved in fixing games, then we can agree that fix or not, everything can't be controlled in a football game.  When a team has calls go against them, or when they have a huge untimely call go against them, and they win anyway . . . that's must see gridiron action!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

There is only one sport I can say for certain is rigged, and that's the NBA!  No doubt about it.  I remember the 80's basketball, especially the celtics!  Teams' like the lakers and Celtics would rout weaker teams every year in the 1st rd of the playoffs.  But now almost every series in the playoffs goes seven games.  That means it's rigged!  Basketball can easily mask these fouls and the money for teams going seven games in tremendous in the NBA.  I don't think the NBA being rigged is even a debatable issue.  Especially after the incident with that ref who was betting on games.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

shut up, this is bs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside : Or especially anyone stupid enough to think Obama was a fiscal moderate that would bring hope and change

Posted by Encinitas

when did he ever I'm going to be a "fiscal moderate, that brings hope and change by cutting programs" he did the opposite u don't have to like him but calling him a liar when he is doing the things he said he would makes you look desperate and out of touch. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

As they say: No offense, but you're an idiot. Owners make money from this League NO MATTER WHAT. Even if a team does horribly for a decade (see the Raiders for instance), the owners are STILL making money and moreover they know it. There is simply no basis for saying that this is a reason for an owner to try and manipulate the game. The refs sometimes make bad calls because they get swept up in the game too. Sometimes those calls happen at the worst of times, but it's not a perfect sport. Maybe there is very occasionally a bribe here or there, but remember - CONGRESS keeps an eye out for any inconsistencies with the sport (partly because it is basically an exempt monopoly that they could break up at any time, and partly because they have constituents that they need to satisfy) Conspiracy theories are soemtimes fun to think about, but this is just bs - if you have that much time on your hands spend it on solving real problems like what to do about North Korea, rather than inventing fake ones... And, btw - wrestling was known to be fake a looooooonnnnnggggg time before Hulk Hogan. Since at LEAST the early 60's dude. Wrestling has reveled in the fact that it is fake, and that has led to its increase in popularity - if football was fake they'd probably do the same. It's easy to create storylines and drama that's more captivating to people (especially the NON X's and O's people) than just game strategies...
    Posted by timesedge

No No, your absolutely right, there is no such thing as a conspiracy, espically in Sports. Problem is genius, in the 1930's up until late 1970's there were people actually killed for trying to come out and say wrestling was fake, its documented.  Oh and about North Korea, try reading about the news that Lyndon Johnson as President of the United States fabricated the entire story of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident in 1964 to go to full blown war. Guys like you are the reason why this country is full of fools. I guess your going to say next that Richard Nixon and Henry Kissenger were innocent and all stories related to them were false as well, yes Daniel Ellsberg was fake and never existed either he just did it for attention.  Im curious though, without name calling or resorting to anger,  please tell us your facts of knowledge that support your theory that Pro Football as well as all Pro Sports in general is totally legitimate. You are claiming that its not possible but yet to all the fans out here that see the obvious and the truth, you have actual facts that will dispell and crush any rumor to the other thats sports in nothing but entertainment and therefore cannot be rigged. Go ahead we will wait for your Factual response............Last but not least you say there is no reason for an owner to try and manipulate the game? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Did you just read what you wrote? Hmm let's see, Jerry Jones, Robert Craft,  Steinbrenner in Baseball, yeah I guess these guys dont exist either huh? You seriously need to go back to school and learn about life, Im sure everything in your little world is all roses but this is the real world now, please someone give this man back his pills and point him to his room!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Far be it from me to comdemn the officials of all professional sports officials as being corrupt and rigging games,but(you had to know a but was coming)if they aren't,many of them are thoroughly inconsistent at best and incompetent at worst.I persanlly believe they just aren't very good at their jobs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside : Or especially anyone stupid enough to think Obama was a fiscal moderate that would bring hope and change
    Posted by Encinitas

Encintas, I dont usually talk about Politics but let me run this by you and see what you think. The 2 Party system will never be absolved because it makes money for them and keeps unwanted people out. Once elected either Dem or Rep, or whatever name they give themself they now step up to who and where the rules are all made. The Bankers (FED) and Large Corp Business, run and make policy that either the politicians follow ro they are gone. Case in point, 4 US Presidents Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon...all 4 carried on and continued war with Vietnam and Korea, lied about the who how and why's to the American people and as woudl seem had no choice. Now you have George Sr., Clinton, George Jr. and Obama, all war in the Middle East, who makes the money? First the Weapons manufacturers, will make in excess of 50 billion dollars next year, and the Fed Bank System (World Banks) for loans to structer the war and to rebuild afterwards. Could it be that no matter your stance as a politician that when you get into office you either play ball with the companies that got you there or you are out? We are all fooled into thinking the American Dream is buy your home (pay 10 times what its worth through loans) create debt and live in a bubble. We have been and continue to be brain washed my friend, and those are just the begining facts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

2 points:

1) Enough Politics Please! This is a board for sports, if the only way you can get your rub off is to come on here and "poorly" argue your political point of view then please find another board.

2) Too many variables in the game of football to control the outcome. Yes you can make a bad call and effect a game, but I would not wager a great deal of money on it as a sure thing, look at the Patriots/Giants SB and the catch.

Rich people can get rich on plenty of sure things in the world. They like the gamble of sports just like you do.

Sections
Shortcuts