Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside:
    [QUOTE]2 points: 1) Enough Politics Please! This is a board for sports, if the only way you can get your rub off is to come on here and "poorly" argue your political point of view then please find another board. 2) Too many variables in the game of football to control the outcome. Yes you can make a bad call and effect a game, but I would not wager a great deal of money on it as a sure thing, look at the Patriots/Giants SB and the catch. Rich people can get rich on plenty of sure things in the world. They like the gamble of sports just like you do.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Politics are absolutely fair play AS LONG AS IT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR ARGUMENT ABOUT SPORTS.

Don't tell me why you're a fanboi of your political party unless it has something to do with sports being rigged, and even then I pity anyone who guarantees their vote to a party without holding politicians from all parties accountable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatPats. Show PhatPats's posts

No facts.  No statistic.  No actual citations.  A bunch of opinion.  Yeah, I hate that it always seems like "my team" or "my guy" gets a crappy foul.  Perhaps the "make up" calls are sometimes blatently wrong.

But your Illuminati banking conspiracy and "owners with ties to" the mob... seriously? Name 5?  How about 10?  A "majority" in pro sports would be what, 60 or more?

We all get dissapointed and we can all point to a call or two that "cost us" the game.  But what about the other games (in a series) or quarters (in Football)?

Get a life, and peddle your Snake Oil on a less intilligent fan base.

Try the Jets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I think why this goes back to politics is that it is another conspiracy theory situation.  The deepest divide in this country isn't red/blue (that's pretty deep though),  it's anti-government/pro government.  Well, not exactly pro government, but you get the point.  I thought Rush Limbaugh was bad, but at least he had a viewpoint and a stance, and participated in the system.  Even since Glenn Beck descended from the space ship and unleashed the Tea Party on us, it has been a series of relentless attacks on government itself and has created a culture that allowed pointless anti government hate mongering and conspiracy theory to run wild.  I believe anarchy and apolitical government distrust haven't run this deep since the 60's.  I don't get it either.  If you don't like Obama, vote him out of office, that's how we do it.  Look, I voted for Bush twice.  First time I got what I expected, the second time I didn't.  O.K. that's the way it works here.  I read an article that said GM posted a large 2nd quarter profit and was lauching and IPO.  This is the first step in getting back our money from them.  All the comments were negative, unwilling to believe it, blasting the bailout money, not one single person said "good, lets get our dang money back".  They would rather be negative than relieved.  Same thing here.  Easier to have a negative opinion than be happy and accept the outcomes.  I swear the refs gave the Giants that game, but I am willing to accept that they are people and have personal bias and failures.  No conspiracy for me.  Just people in a game where alot happens.  Let's give them a chance by making reviews possible on all downs, and having 2 "camera refs" continually monitor for egregious errors and correcting them, we take out that human failing.  That is the biggest conspiracy I know of, that the NFL is so time oriented they won't let modern technology allow them to fix some of the human failures.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Warning...Can This Be True?...Pro Sports Rigged....Article Inside:
    [QUOTE]Well someone could point to the tuck rule and say, after 9/11 the NFL wanted the red white and blue Patriots to win it all and made the tuck rule happen...it would be a re tarded point to make but im sure someone is dumb enough to make it lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Point was simply that sports are a distraction from real issues.  I think that there's enough evidence to back this claim up.  I'd rather not document them all here.

And do you REALLY think it's a coincidence that the pass interference call in the divisional playoffs against Denver (on Asante Samuel, thrown by the BACK judge, with the side judge knowing that Samuel was 5 yards away from Brandon Marshall) or the pass interference call against Ellis Hobbs for FACE GUARDING Reggie Wayne (which the league knew was so bad that they actually apologized for the call) came AFTER EVERYONE STARTED HATING ON THE PATS??!?!!

So: calls go our way when we're the beloved underdog and the team that gets announced as a team, but the calls start going against us when everyone is sick of us.  At the very least, they're playing to their audience.

That's not opinion.  That's a correlation = /> fact.  But yea, fling insults.  I'm sure at some point you'll b*tch to someone at some point about what's wrong with politics and America, then fail to realize that avoiding open discussion of the issues is why we got here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Here is what you have:

The fans of the WINNING teams call the fans of the losing team whiners when they point out discrepancies in calls and untimely game changing events.  These fans have a tendancy to not see those calls as having favored their team. 

The fans of LOSING teams wind up hating the consistenly winning teams (insert "jealousy" here) and pound their fans as whiners when their teams lose, also to untimely calls and events.  They view the very same calls as the reason for the loss.

Fans who hate certain teams will never give in.. everything about that team is either they are "favored" by the gods or cheat.

Fans of sport with no ax to grind, see the overall picture and wonder about why certain calls are made at certain times so regularly and against a perceived superior team at the wrong time.

In the end, somone loses and everyone hates it and tries to rationalize.