Warnings Have Been Out

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Warnings Have Been Out

BBReigns, Cr--py PI calls have been made all year. I agree with what you say though. The Saints problem is that they will have to go through Lambeau to get to the Super Bowl.

How much better is Stafford than Sanchise ? The gulf between them is more than just four spots on the draft board. Sanchez got by because of a very good defense. Once that defense started to play mediocre (eg: he had come from behind) he was done. Knowing Tananboob, he'll keep him around to sell some more jersies and try to justify the pick, but to me this looks alot like O'Brien over Marino. Just another bad personel move by the Jets.

The PAts D is situational-based and turnover based. If the D is like that in the playoffs (shuting teams down in the 4th) there is no reason the Pats can't make the Super Bowl. Can't let teams like Steelers and Ravens get an early lead; just a bad thing to happen in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I agree with those bad calls, I hope we get better playoff officiating.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's getting so that any stiff can chuck a dying quail 20+ yards and a PI will be called this is why I believe that, aside from QB, CB is hardest position to play in the NFL. Rules are already stacked against you and you face a WR who is bigger and faster.

O can't lay an egg in the 1st and D can't give 21 points in less than a half in the playoffs.

Aside from San Fran, no other team looks like they have a defense that can hold good offensive team to FGs for more than a quarter (includes Steelers and Ravens).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Warnings Have Been Out:
    [QUOTE]1. GB D poor, with a bad run D. 2. Jets nothing but a mirage .500 team for 3 years and poorly built with Sanchez a bust.  Expect a complete downturn for that busted franchise. 3. Pats O and D go hand in hand.  Sluggish starts cannot happen in first halves. The offense must start quicker.   THe D wasn't any better, but I also felt the Molden PI call was a bagjob deluxe and not the correct call. 4. NOs run D is a major red flag. 5. Playoffs are wide open, it's only how NE wants to play that will determine how they do in the next 2 games.  We've seen really good play and some bad play mixed in. FInally, officiating agains the Pats every week is clearly disturbing.  The MOlden and McCourty calls were outrageous.   Molden with textbook underneath coverage, looks for the ball, and is flagged for a free 7 points because a ball us underthrown? When will this be addressed by the NFL?  Later, McCourty is called for a made up "defenseless receiver" as he does his job to break the ball up? Really?  What planet am I on where a DB doesn't have a right to break up a ball with no helmet to helmet contact? Overall, pretty satisfying regular season with points of absolute bewilderement with how schizo this team is.  Great STs play as well today. Maybe we can get some calls in the postseason for the first time in years and play a clean 4 qtrs.  I can't imagine BB is too thrilled with how this team starts, both on offense and defense.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

And McCourty hit him after the ball was deflected in the air, IIRC.

Both calls were mind-bottling.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Unfortunately refs don't want to just react on he field thet give a lot of calls based on reputation.

This defense has terrible statistics and has been labled 'the worst' by many talking heads.

Too bad, I think this is a defense that goes quite well with our offense. They are opportunistic and feed off the fact the offense puts pressure on the the other team to score. I felt the Bills were already on the defensive after the first NE touchdown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Warnings Have Been Out:
    [QUOTE]Or mindboggling. hehe Yeah. In every game this year, we've seen two sets of rules for PI used against us. The opponent gets one, we get the other.  Unacceptable.  We never would see BB complaining, but he has a lot this year and for good reason. Our D LIne never gets a holding call unless they are about to sack the QB, too. Sad and disturbing.

Haha - I've been using "mind-bottling" after seeing it written that way so many times. It cracks me up.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

King...great point on the DMC defenseless receiver hit.  That was bogus.  He's a DB...he's there to make sure the opposing WR doesn't catch the ball.  It was tipped and he was still going to break up the pass.  If I'm BB, I tell him to play the same exact way next time.  I had no problem with DMC's play on that one.

As for the Molden call...i think that was somewhat legit.  He was looking for the ball which is good, but you gotta know where you are and and not run over the guy, push him to the ground...even if you're falling.  Know where you are and where your guy is...sloppy play, but I don't think he was doing any mugging on that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I agree 100% the O has to come out fast in the playoffs...a good team with bury NE if you give them free possessions early in the game.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

That's why I'm glad we don't have to go to Pittsburgh you know all the calls they get

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I don't like the spot PI calls... they need to make them 15 yards.  They have to fix that, but Bill Polian will never allow it.

King, you're not entirely wrong on Molden's call...I just wish he would have had a little bit better awareness, which is easier said than done.  When I saw it full speed, I saw Molden run up the guy's back...even though he was looking for the ball...then saw Molden push the WR to the ground.  It looked sloppy and probably why it was called.  They probably just got tripped up, but perception is reality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In Response to Re: Warnings Have Been Out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Warnings Have Been Out : We haven't even gotten calls this year at home. I can't think of one call where it appeared we got away with one.
    Our defense isn't earning any calls due to their overall poor play.  I'm sure there are certain liberties given to guys or teams that can actually play.  Revis gets away with murder sometimes...Pittsburgh doesn't get any calls against them, etc.  It's not anything new in the world of sports.