Warnings Were Out

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Warnings Were Out

It was great to see what transpired yesterday. IMO Brady is a better quarterback in this scheme plus he doesn't  take so many hits. That kind of game will win a super bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Look at like this:

You have a great artist or musician.  They go into a studio and have some good songs, but they could be better and they don't allow anyone to produce the record or add advice (pro or con) to guide them through the recording process.

That's Brady. Tom Brady is the guy that needs a seasoned producer to sort of guide him through a season and games. It's not 2007 anymore.

He tried to chase it down in 2009, the personnel was weak for him, BB drafted two stud TEs and dealt MOss in 2010 to fix it, then Brady got caught in the playoff debacle to the Jets.

We lost a SB because Brady threw 40+ times. It's that simple, in a nutshell. Every time Woodhead is subbed in and out, Brady throws 40+ times, our D looks worse than it really is and we lose.  People simply ignored the connection due to the media here at Boston.com and ESPN, leading an anti-BB agenda for ratings. It's so true.  Note what Mazz says when he writes his drama queen comments. This is the person some of our fans follow. lmao

I get it. Brady wants to throw and lead the team. He sees him throwing more as leading. It's up to the OC to not let that get out of hand. Yesterday was an absolute prime situation for that to happen again and McDaniels took over. That was huge because McDaniels showed he would maintain the gameplan and not panic.

Letting Brady loose to throw out of the problem was what O'Brien's flaw was.

but you still haven't show one actual fact that that is the case. Brady has never been quoted as saying any of these things. He has had games where he's thrown alot and lost, but nothing was reported that he was being greedy about what he wanted to do...or somehow overrode the OC. Nothing has been reported about his relationship with McDaniels being contentious either.

Brady was on WEEI in 2010 and said "I don't like being under center". Yes. He said it.  That's a fact.

Vic Carucci wrote a piece in 2009, based on his own research and fact from primary sources that Manning and Brady (at that time) were the only QBs in the NFL that had multiple play calls to choose from on any given down.

FACT

Obviously, since 2009, gusy like Brees, Eli Manning, Rodgers, etc, also likely have this kind of power an autonomy withint their offenses to varying degrees.

Why is this kind of info so offensive to you? I don't get it. Why are our own fans so sensivite when it comes to this stuff?

nothing offensive to me.......but none of that supports your assertion that McDaniels somehow has to restrain Brady..........don't tell me what you think......show me actual quotes that support that...from McDaniel or from Brady...even from BB. There isn't any actual quotes there because they don't exist. YOU want people to imagine contention there...where it doesn't exist. Why? Is it because YOU imagine that? and somehow want to draw a following towards it? I've been reading alot of your posts and you somehow want to show that a percieved failure on the Patriots part, somehow constantly goes back to Brady and some sort of "imagined" selfish attitude he may have.

Do you think Brady was staring down Moss and Welker in 2010 before MOss was dealt? Why did O'Brien blow up at Moss in Miami in Week 4 at halftime?  I know the answer. Why was Moss dealt after that game? Again, I know the answer.

Why did O'Brien blow up at Brady like that on the sidelines in Washington? Was it simply just because Brady threw an INT from the 1 yard line or was it because Brady is choosing the wrong plays based on the coverages and made a bad choice he shouldn't have made?

You can't have it both ways. He gets multiple plays into his headset for plays to choose from.  At least 2. If you don't believe Vic Carucci's article on that topic, then I can't help you.

I just gave you  quote, dude. HE said what I told you said on WEEI in 2010. Tom Brady said it.  If his preference is play almost exclusively in the shotgun and wee see that MOSTLY in 2011, just what do you think that means? It means that'w his preference.  It also means when we use Woodehead as a lead back so he can the shotgun/spread, he passes 40+ times and we lose to good Ds. 

Who called the timeout in the 1st qtr in Oakland last year? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Brady and it wasn't O'Brien. It was BB. After that timeout Brady wasn't in the shotgun much for the rest of the game (by comparison to other games in 2011) and BHGE and RIdley ran amuck on Seymour, Kelly and McClain.

How much more proof do we need, that for whatever the reasoning, the O'Brien/Brady relationship was frayed. 

O'Brien didn't even get the title of OC until, what was it, last year?

Brady was on WEEI in 2010 and said "I don't like being under center". Yes. He said it.  That's a fact.

Vic Carucci wrote a piece in 2009, based on his own research and fact from primary sources that Manning and Brady (at that time) were the only QBs in the NFL that had multiple play calls to choose from on any given down.

Your first fact..........just means Brady prefers not playing under center....that all

Brady and Manning get extra calls because they are that good...they can recognize the D and change if they have to......it doesn't mean Brady is out of control and does what he wants.

Brady and O'brien's history wasn't the question........you said McDaniels........you haven't produced one quote from Brady, McDaniels, or BB that somehow McDaniels has to stop Brady from doing his own thing.

Can you produce one actual quote?    (Let's just say...I know the answer...and you won't answer this one single question.........why?.........because it doesn't exist)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's all take some time to realize what is happening here:

1. Ridley and a little (actually a  lot) of Bolden has completely transformed this offense into what SOME of us have wanted. 

It seems like the case of McD featuring the run more, but in yesterday's game it was simply that they took what the Bills' D gave them.  Regardless, they have two guys in Bolden and Ridley who are upgrades to BJGE. 

2. Great game by McDaniels and Brady. They simplified the game down into the basics. This is what I've wanted since 2010.

Agreed, and they stuck to the plan despite being down 14. 

3. Logan Mankins is overrated.

Maybe so, but they are better with him than without.  They can get away with backups and guys playing out of position for only so long. 

4. The D, while not perfect, cannot be run on and you have to like the big play ability.  McCourty was outstanding. I've been on his side this whole time. I don't buy the media crap like some do.  You're embarassing yourselves.

The run defense looks solid.  McCourty has been better without a doubt, the bogus call in the Baltimore game gave everyone not really paying attention a chance to gripe that he was still struggling.  But I've seen some good run support and solid coverage more times than not.  I think the safties and CB depth has been more worrisome. 

5. Thank god the real refs are back.

Ditto me.  I am not one to complain about the officials, but this team needed to overcome the officials and the Ravens last week, and they almost did. 

6. It's very clear the NFL tells the refs to not call holding. Chandler Jones and Nink were held literally on every other play. Lots of jersey being tossed around.

7. Donald Thomas is not as bad as many have stated.  Yep.

I'd still like Mankins in there any day. 

8. Buffalo is not really a playoff time and the 4 INT game last in Buffalo is still mindboggling, as we saw today. They cannot stop the run after spending all that money and switching to a 4-3.

So much for being better on paper.  Anderson was good money after bad, and Williams was overpaid.  Their supposed strength was exposed, or maybe Wannsteadt overthougt his scheme to stop the Pats' passing game.  They countered by stomping a mud hole in that Bills' D. 

9. I cannot blame our defense for 14 points when it was tied directly to quick turnovers, back to back.

That team had a lot going against it until Spikes ended that goal line drive to close out the 1st half.  They still gave up some deep balls. 

10. Great win. Huge win.  A season changing kind of win which will reset the team and bring it up a notch into the 2nd part of the 16 game season.  The Jets are horrendous and were embarrassed as predicted.  Phat Rex/Mangione remains a moron of epic proportions.

Thank you.

That game is the kind of game they needed to get back on track.  They had every excuse to play flat after some turnovers abnd missed field goals, but Spikes' big hit and the O sticking to the run game won it for them.  No one panicked. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Babe, you lie and/or simply mislead, far more often than otherwise.  1st- Just offer up a link to your stats/tall-tales, so we can see IF this is the 1 in 10 exceptions to the babe "honesty" rule.  2nd- Just show us, whether or not, and how the total passes-total runs breaks down IN total, and in particular as it relates to the 4 games played thus far in this season, to the games where NE's Offence performed well (and won), or the one's where they've underperformed and/or lost- this way, we can check-off the lesser "complete agenda-driven guise at misleading others" AND the outright "lying" factors, All in 1 single swoop. 

I'm still waiting for you to produce a shred, an iota of evidence,  that I have offered inaccurate information at any time whatsoever.

2012 - 154 atts in 4 games. 2011 - 612 atts in 16 games. Do the math.

Again, your scurrilous accusations are rendered inept.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Take note, we heard the same thing after Week 4 last year.  This team ran roughshod over Oakland, everyone said "we can't play Oakland every week" as a way to downplay what is happening, but the difference this year?

McDaniels.

McDaniels will not cave into what Brady lobbies for in meeting rooms, etc.  I know many don't want to hear this, but this is a good thing for Tom Brady, his season and his future.

This is a good thing.  Last year, I thought we had it, but Brady clearly didn't respect O'Brien.  McDaniels won't stand for Brady trying to dictate the offensive gameplans, etc.

Provide links to prove your statements.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Look at like this:

You have a great artist or musician.  They go into a studio and have some good songs, but they could be better and they don't allow anyone to produce the record or add advice (pro or con) to guide them through the recording process.

That's Brady. Tom Brady is the guy that needs a seasoned producer to sort of guide him through a season and games. It's not 2007 anymore.

He tried to chase it down in 2009, the personnel was weak for him, BB drafted two stud TEs and dealt MOss in 2010 to fix it, then Brady got caught in the playoff debacle to the Jets.

We lost a SB because Brady threw 40+ times. It's that simple, in a nutshell. Every time Woodhead is subbed in and out, Brady throws 40+ times, our D looks worse than it really is and we lose.  People simply ignored the connection due to the media here at Boston.com and ESPN, leading an anti-BB agenda for ratings. It's so true.  Note what Mazz says when he writes his drama queen comments. This is the person some of our fans follow. lmao

I get it. Brady wants to throw and lead the team. He sees him throwing more as leading. It's up to the OC to not let that get out of hand. Yesterday was an absolute prime situation for that to happen again and McDaniels took over. That was huge because McDaniels showed he would maintain the gameplan and not panic.

Letting Brady loose to throw out of the problem was what O'Brien's flaw was.

but you still haven't show one actual fact that that is the case. Brady has never been quoted as saying any of these things. He has had games where he's thrown alot and lost, but nothing was reported that he was being greedy about what he wanted to do...or somehow overrode the OC. Nothing has been reported about his relationship with McDaniels being contentious either.

FACT

Obviously, since 2009, gusy like Brees, Eli Manning, Rodgers, etc, also likely have this kind of power an autonomy withint their offenses to varying degrees.

Why is this kind of info so offensive to you? I don't get it. Why are our own fans so sensivite when it comes to this stuff?

nothing offensive to me.......but none of that supports your assertion that McDaniels somehow has to restrain Brady..........don't tell me what you think......show me actual quotes that support that...from McDaniel or from Brady...even from BB. There isn't any actual quotes there because they don't exist. YOU want people to imagine contention there...where it doesn't exist. Why? Is it because YOU imagine that? and somehow want to draw a following towards it? I've been reading alot of your posts and you somehow want to show that a percieved failure on the Patriots part, somehow constantly goes back to Brady and some sort of "imagined" selfish attitude he may have.

Do you think Brady was staring down Moss and Welker in 2010 before MOss was dealt? Why did O'Brien blow up at Moss in Miami in Week 4 at halftime?  I know the answer. Why was Moss dealt after that game? Again, I know the answer.

Why did O'Brien blow up at Brady like that on the sidelines in Washington? Was it simply just because Brady threw an INT from the 1 yard line or was it because Brady is choosing the wrong plays based on the coverages and made a bad choice he shouldn't have made?

You can't have it both ways. He gets multiple plays into his headset for plays to choose from.  At least 2. If you don't believe Vic Carucci's article on that topic, then I can't help you.

I just gave you  quote, dude. HE said what I told you said on WEEI in 2010. Tom Brady said it.  If his preference is play almost exclusively in the shotgun and wee see that MOSTLY in 2011, just what do you think that means? It means that'w his preference.  It also means when we use Woodehead as a lead back so he can the shotgun/spread, he passes 40+ times and we lose to good Ds. 

Who called the timeout in the 1st qtr in Oakland last year? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Brady and it wasn't O'Brien. It was BB. After that timeout Brady wasn't in the shotgun much for the rest of the game (by comparison to other games in 2011) and BHGE and RIdley ran amuck on Seymour, Kelly and McClain.

How much more proof do we need, that for whatever the reasoning, the O'Brien/Brady relationship was frayed. 

O'Brien didn't even get the title of OC until, what was it, last year?

Your first fact..........just means Brady prefers not playing under center....that all

Brady and Manning get extra calls because they are that good...they can recognize the D and change if they have to......it doesn't mean Brady is out of control and does what he wants.

Brady and O'brien's history wasn't the question........you said McDaniels........you haven't produced one quote from Brady, McDaniels, or BB that somehow McDaniels has to stop Brady from doing his own thing.

Can you produce one actual quote?    (Let's just say...I know the answer...and you won't answer this one single question.........why?.........because it doesn't exist)

Well, it's clear, he just makes things up and acts like they are facts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Take note, we heard the same thing after Week 4 last year.  This team ran roughshod over Oakland, everyone said "we can't play Oakland every week" as a way to downplay what is happening, but the difference this year?

McDaniels.

McDaniels will not cave into what Brady lobbies for in meeting rooms, etc.  I know many don't want to hear this, but this is a good thing for Tom Brady, his season and his future.

This is a good thing.  Last year, I thought we had it, but Brady clearly didn't respect O'Brien.  McDaniels won't stand for Brady trying to dictate the offensive gameplans, etc.

Link??  As in sausage?  The only link he can supply is his little buddy "Vienna".

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

ANALYSIS: Brady has said that he likes the shotgun because it gives him more time to survey the field. This also heightens the importance of center 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Start with Manning, who threw a remarkable 74.5 percent of his passes from the shotgun in 2010. Aaron Rodgers was also higher than Roethlisberger at 66.1 percent. Tom Brady is at 62.8 percent. Name a top quarterback, and he was often passing from the gun. In 2010, 37.5 percent of all NFL throws, period, were from the shotgun. Not just third down -- all throws.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

C'mon guys, prune those replies. It's easy peasy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Start with Manning, who threw a remarkable 74.5 percent of his passes from the shotgun in 2010. Aaron Rodgers was also higher than Roethlisberger at 66.1 percent. Tom Brady is at 62.8 percent. Name a top quarterback, and he was often passing from the gun. In 2010, 37.5 percent of all NFL throws, period, were from the shotgun. Not just third down -- all throws.

Don't torture Rusty with facts. It's like shooting a vampire with a super soaker filled with holy water.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

McDaniels.

Go look at the game logs and see how well Brady is running the offense and how he's not in the shotgun as much by comparison to last year.  I am not getting into this again. McDaniels is an upgrade over O'Brien for many reasons, including commanding an immediate professional respect. 

I don't need to have a quote from Brady himself for me to have my opinion justified.

Again, why do you think Moss was traded in 2010?  THat's evidence right there and then looking how O'Brien ran the offense a different way, right after Moss was dealt

It's very highly likely before that trade occurred, Bradyy's input how they were going to deal Moss, get Branch and change the style of the offense, was taken into account.

Yes. Absolutely. Stop acting like one of the best QBs ever is left in the dark, doesn't have his input taken into account, etc.

A huge  reason why Moss and Welker even ended up here is because BB took Brady's end of 2006 year opinions on how much he needed for help at WR. Yes, that was WIDELY reported and suggested Brady was ticked off that Reche Caldwell ended up being his #1 WR after Branch was dealt.
    YES.

So, BB fixed it and got him some toys. Stops acting like Brady is some imprisoned QB on this team. It's childish and embarrassing for you.

Also, you following me around like your his lover is VERY embarrassing for yourself.  The board is tired of it.

You're just making it up as you go. Prove any of this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I am sure the media will use that excuse, too, to downplay the throttling the Pats put on Buffalo in that second half. NY had a home opener and put an entire offseason's gameplanning into it. Now look at the Jets. Clearly, comparing the Jets scoring 48 and NE 52, has no real bearing because NY got hot in their opener and we know NE is fare more closer to the 52 points from week to week than the Jets are.

The ESPN media right now are asking what is the real Patriots team, the one from the 1st half of yesterday's game or the one from the second half.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

For those who think you can compare the Jets victory against the Bills and the game yesterday might want to look at the box score. The only thing that was similar was the final score. The Jets scored 7 on ST and 7 more from the Defense as well as 6 from FGs. The Pats offense did all the scoring with the exception of the FG at the end.

But the big difference in the two games was the Jets and Pats running games against the same Bills defense:

Jets          Pats

Rushing             118             247

Attempts             36              40

Yard Per Rush     3.3             6.2

The Patriots doubled the yardage and almost doubled Yards per rush. I can't imagine what the stats would have looked like for the Pats if they used this game plan in the first half.

Like us the rest of the NFL is wondering if this was for real or was it because it was against the Bills who are now 28th against the run.

The best defense coached by the best defensive coach has his team at number 31. Great job Rex. LOL! The Pats and Denver are 10 and 11 agaist the run. So the game this week will be a better test for the Pats running game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Babe's response to me, because I've never seen him give truthful stats even once on these boards:

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Babe, you lie and/or simply mislead, far more often than otherwise.  1st- Just offer up a link to your stats/tall-tales, so we can see IF this is the 1 in 10 exceptions to the babe "honesty" rule.  2nd- Just show us, whether or not, and how the total passes-total runs breaks down IN total, and in particular as it relates to the 4 games played thus far in this season, to the games where NE's Offence performed well (and won), or the one's where they've underperformed and/or lost- this way, we can check-off the lesser "complete agenda-driven guise at misleading others" AND the outright "lying" factors, All in 1 single swoop. 

I'm still waiting for you to produce a shred, an iota of evidence,  that I have offered inaccurate information at any time whatsoever.

2012 - 154 atts in 4 games. 2011 - 612 atts in 16 games. Do the math.

Again, your scurrilous accusations are rendered inept.

<link-free>

~Babe's very next reply post to Rusty:

McDaniels.

< ^ babeparilli ladies and gentlemen...Absolutely DEMANDING that sources be offered for the words in bold, but his team-wide percentages and final season end stats...?  Eh, we don't need a source for that (his integrity supports those figures he proffered, all alone)>

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Giants won the Super Bowl in 2011 with the worst running team in football in both yardage and ypc. Game, set, match.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

C'mon guys, prune those replies. It's easy peasy.

Amen

Until the quote system is fixed (if it ever is), posters who are responding to a message need to delete everything in the "in response to" area except for the single post being replied to

These stacks of postings that build as a result of responses to responses to responses are getting ridiculous and making it hard to follow a dialogue

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

All QB's struggle against physical D's but Brady's winning percentage is the best in the NFL and he's faced a lot of physical defenses through the years. He's got winning records against the Steelers and the Ravens (probably the 2 most physical defenses of the last 10 years).

Sections
Shortcuts