Warnings Were Out

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Warnings Were Out

1. Who hasn't wanted a run game?

2. Brady had a few very bad throws and McD only called 50% of the game well

3. One decent game by a sub doesn't make a guy widely regarded as a top 5 guard by all NFL experts overrated, it just means the backups did their jobs well and deserve praise

4. Baltimore proved the D can 100% be run on, Spiller/Jax were both hobbled. Big play capability and McCourty improvement are of course GREAT signs

5. Amen

6. Non-holds cost Pats an undefeated season, it is what it is, like palming in basketball it happens every play, you just have to make sure they get the most obvious/costly ones

7. Truth

8. Bills are a dangerous 9-7 team if they don't turn it over, a 6-10 team if they are continously as careless as they were today

9. Pats D is still a work in progress, but I have FAR more hope for it at this point in '12 then I did a year ago, and that was a SB team

10. This win should spring thr Pats to yet another AFC East title, HUGE win indeed, and yes the Jets are a joke once more and should be a trainwreck all season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's all take some time to realize what is happening here:

1. Ridley and a little (actually a  lot) of Bolden has completely transformed this offense into what SOME of us have wanted.

The amazing part was even when Buffalo was playing run they still broke off 10 yarders.

2. Great game by McDaniels and Brady. They simplified the game down into the basics. This is what I've wanted since 2010.

Mostly the whole game, some will say first half was poor on McDs part but without the 2 fumbles and 2 missed FG's which were not his fault most of us would think it was fine.

3. Logan Mankins is overrated.

4. The D, while not perfect, cannot be run on and you have to like the big play ability.  McCourty was outstanding. I've been on his side this whole time. I don't buy the media crap like some do.  You're embarassing yourselves.

The long catch and run was  not exactly bend but don't break but allowing yards but forcing tuenovers and making key stops is the hallmark of a good Belichick defense.

5. Thank god the real refs are back.

6. It's very clear the NFL tells the refs to not call holding. Chandler Jones and Nink were held literally on every other play. Lots of jersey being tossed around.

...once in a blue moon they do, and if that game is a SanFran or the Texans it will no longer be just one sided...we will get some also!!

7. Donald Thomas is not as bad as many have stated.  Yep.

8. Buffalo is not really a playoff time and the 4 INT game last in Buffalo is still mindboggling, as we saw today. They cannot stop the run after spending all that money and switching to a 4-3.

They wasted their money on that D-line..some say it is the best but I think not top half in NFL..

9. I cannot blame our defense for 14 points when it was tied directly to quick turnovers, back to back.

10. Great win. Huge win.  A season changing kind of win which will reset the team and bring it up a notch into the 2nd part of the 16 game season.  The Jets are horrendous and were embarrassed as predicted.  Phat Rex/Mangione remains a moron of epic proportions.

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes I think I still a little too disgusted with half 1 to realize how good Brady/McD were overall, I should give them the same amount of credit you are.

I am just as much a Pats fan as a Celts one, but I don't spend nearly as much time on this board as I (did) that one. The C's board is trash now, filled with Laker fans, I'm waiting for the season to start and Dottie to fix the forum options, it has been weeks now with nothing. But anyhow, if there are fans here who are too blind to see that the pass/run needs to be at around 55%/45% (or less) and who want Brady throwing 60+% of the time, then I pity that camp.

Baltimore is a great team, the Bills an average one, so I will be worried if great teams with top RB's can run on us, no matter who is reffing the game. Baltimore was given more penalties than us, although it was the McCourty no-contact BS call that stole the game from NE.

I really am liking this aggressive young D, minus the safeties. This team needs 2 more pro-bowlers, one a DE/DT and another at S to truly be amazing.

Maybe Indy will trade us Vinatieri for a 5th or 6th rd pick? They still need 2-3 rebuilding years of bottom 10 finishes before they contend again and Vinatieri will be well over 40 by then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The defense kept their head up and were still quite energetic even after the Bills went up 21-7.

I think this is a maturing of the young D. Don't know if it was just me but I think they hung their heads after the refs let Baltimore back into that game and really did not play with the same energy.
    This game they never gave up. I think they have tons of potential and can be the best or one of the best teams against the run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Ridley and a little (actually a  lot) of Bolden has completely transformed this offense into what SOME of us have wanted.

2. Great game by McDaniels and Brady. They simplified the game down into the basics. This is what I've wanted since 2010.

4. The D, while not perfect, cannot be run on and you have to like the big play ability.  McCourty was outstanding. I've been on his side this whole time. I don't buy the media crap like some do.  You're embarassing yourselves.

6. It's very clear the NFL tells the refs to not call holding. Chandler Jones and Nink were held literally on every other play. Lots of jersey being tossed around.

8. Buffalo is not really a playoff time and the 4 INT game last in Buffalo is still mindboggling, as we saw today. They cannot stop the run after spending all that money and switching to a 4-3.

9. I cannot blame our defense for 14 points when it was tied directly to quick turnovers, back to back.

10. Great win. Huge win.  A season changing kind of win which will reset the team and bring it up a notch into the 2nd part of the 16 game season.  The Jets are horrendous and were embarrassed as predicted.  Phat Rex/Mangione remains a moron of epic proportions.

Flash ratings: 

1.  sf    14.7
    2.  ne    14.4
    3.  hou    13.4

All three of these teams had crushers.  Frisco beat up a slightly better team, at least as my numbers go.

. . .

18 nyj   7.3  My numbers don't quite know that Revis Island isn't coming back, but they suspect.

26 buf 5.5  They were in 21st place last week.  Nice first half on their part but roadkill in the latter part of the game.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Give me a break. One week ago you wanted Brady traded for draft picks and said the Patriots should go to Mallet (I assume or Edelman maybe). Hypocrits to the end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Captain Obvious starting a thread to praise himself, lol.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Captain Obvious starting a thread to praise himself, lol.  

[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They should of ran it more - my god - Ridley ripped off ten yards everytime he touched it. Very impressive. I wish he had a 30 yard gainer, because he deserved it.

Ugene Chung can play safety better than Patick Chung.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

OMG give it a rest with the no one wants a running game Rusty.  What a surprise when they run the ball well you come out here and post.  When they were stuffed in Balt. last week, you were no where to be found talking about the running game. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Yup, I agree. Nice thread rusty. They have two good backs, I'd like to see a 60-40 run pass ratio.    It's been proven over and over that when they run they win, when they pass too much they lose. It's a fact. The defense played great, forced 6 turnovers and only gave up 2 real drives. They took control of the division today.. The jets are done, so are the bills and phins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As much as I loved seeing the run game today like that we can't count on it every week, but it's there folks, it's available.  Teams will have to worry about it now with a perfromance like this which will just help open everything else up for the passing game.  One thing though, when D's key on the run I just hope Josh doesn't try to force it and get cute with throwing different backs in trying to improve the run game.  We seen. today what Riddley and Bolden have, keep using them two  Still, so much depends on how the line plays, how they plan to use Welker to open up the field.  It was a very good blue print to build on today, now D's are going to have to worry about the run game.  Again, I think Welker's play opens everything up. 

2 runners over 100 yards, 2 receivers over 100 yards, that is an amazing balance.  I also really like how Fells looked today, he missed on a long pass but he had a huge key block down on the goal line and had a nice reception.  Imagine when AH81 gets back and then if Ballard makes it back late this season.  The thought of having four very different and capable TE's is exciting.  Good things in store if they build off todays game plan and stay on track with what worked today.

Add into all of this, I don't think the Pats can play worse then they did against the Ravens and Chiefs and only losing by 1 pt to the Ravens and 2 points to the Chiefs in games that easily could have gone the Patriots way while playing poorly and then coming out today with a 2nd half like that is starting to put things into perspective, this team can be a monster powerhouse. 

We need to be excited with what we witnessed today in the 2nd half, what a huge game this was for this team.... and us fans who were starting to doubt.  Putting up 52 points against a division team who was supposed to have a much improved defense, I'm excitied.  Speaking of defense, the DB's still need work but loved the line and LB play today.

I will enjoy going back and watching this game again during the week and feel very good going into the Denver game of what we seen today.  If they can build off this then there isn't anyone out there who can stop this team.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think we had to go to Welker to get some momentum back after we were down. It almost looked like panic offense for a while there. Hell of a half time adjustment. Then back to the run. Set up the play action very nice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

starting a thread to praise himself for a reality and trend that doesn't yet exist. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

logan mankins is not overrated.....not even close

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  His toughness is not overrated...but his play certainly is.  He's had a LOT of false starts, holding calls, and other things like that against him.  Last year he was horrendous in that department. 

He's a good player, but I just don't see the dominance that goes with all the drooling that goes on for him.  I don't see him springing a ton of long runs, paving the road, I don't see him shutting out fast pass rushers that try to get in Brady's face, etc.  In my opinion, while a good, solid player...he's not quite worth the contract he was given. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Rusty. There were a lot of posts going back and forth during the off season with one side wanting TB to pass more because they felt the NFL is now a passing league. Then there were others like Rusty and others who felt like this team was much better when it was balanced like in the day when Charlie Weiss was the OC. From what we've seen so far, and it's not just one game, they are committed to the run as much as the pass. They are averaging 147 yards a game after 4 games so far. Both BB and TB said after the game today that they really practiced hard all week on the run. Fells was really providing some key blocks and is going to be a great addition to the two and three tight end sets.  

Myself I really like a balanced team. It makes TB's job so much easier by not putting so much responsibility on his arm all the time. This is one offense that is only going to get better but one that will be more unpredictable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  His toughness is not overrated...but his play certainly is.  He's had a LOT of false starts, holding calls, and other things like that against him.  Last year he was horrendous in that department. 

He's a good player, but I just don't see the dominance that goes with all the drooling that goes on for him.  I don't see him springing a ton of long runs, paving the road, I don't see him shutting out fast pass rushers that try to get in Brady's face, etc.  In my opinion, while a good, solid player...he's not quite worth the contract he was given. 

[/QUOTE]

he is the leader and tone setter of the offensive line....he isnt perfect, but i dont believe he is overrated.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Rusty. There were a lot of posts going back and forth during the off season with one side wanting TB to pass more because they felt the NFL is now a passing league. Then there were others like Rusty and others who felt like this team was much better when it was balanced like in the day when Charlie Weiss was the OC. From what we've seen so far, and it's not just one game, they are committed to the run as much as the pass. They are averaging 147 yards a game after 4 games so far. Both BB and TB said after the game today that they really practiced hard all week on the run. Fells was really providing some key blocks and is going to be a great addition to the two and three tight end sets.  

Myself I really like a balanced team. It makes TB's job so much easier by not putting so much responsibility on his arm all the time. This is one offense that is only going to get better but one that will be more unpredictable.

[/QUOTE]

No one argued that they should pass more. The argument was wether they were good enough to run it more and still be able to outscore opposing teams. Other than in 2004 with Dillon the Pats were not winning super bowls because they were some sort of great running team. They were winning because they were very good in almost every phase (offense, defense and special teams).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I thought the whole arguement was that Lawfirm wasn't good enough to put the game into his hands over Brady's.  Even in the arguments I never seen anyone say they wanted more passing but that is what the team was best at...

Sections
Shortcuts