WARRIOR is ULTIMATE no mo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

WARRIOR is ULTIMATE no mo!

i loved this guy back in the day. one of the most electrifying performers ever, no one made an entrance better than this guy or cut a promo any better all coked and roided up. oh the 80s.. best decade mankind will ever know! may the ultimate warrior RIP! just 3 days after giving a riveting HOF speech and boom! one of the best wrestlemanias ever and one of the best wrestling periods now forever marred by this! life is fragile.... prophetic last words from justthis past Monday on Raw (as his last breaths were trending):

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he said. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Re: WARRIOR is ULTIMATE no mo!

He has returned to the "Parts Unknown" from which he hailed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

The Warrior reportedly dropped dead while walking with his wife, outside the hotel where they were staying. He was only 54 years old: http://kotaku.com/the-ultimate-warrior-has-died-1561162797

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

i loved this guy back in the day. one of the most electrifying performers ever, no one made an entrance better than this guy or cut a promo any better all coked and roided up. oh the 80s.. best decade mankind will ever know! may the ultimate warrior RIP! just 3 days after giving a riveting HOF speech and boom! one of the best wrestlemanias ever and one of the best wrestling periods now forever marred by this! life is fragile.... prophetic last words from justthis past Monday on Raw (as his last breaths were trending):

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own," he said. "Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."

Don't like speaking ill of the dead, but the Ultimate Warrior had a reputation for being the Ultimate Jerk while in the WWF. He was fired (for real) three times by Vince McMahon. Yet Vince, after 20 years of him being away, brought him back to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame, and had signed him to a contact to work in some capacity in the company, just a few days before the UW's death:  http://voices.yahoo.com/the-self-destruction-ultimate-warrior-8148.html 

Rest in peace, Ultimate One.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I didn't really pay attention to wrestling during the time he was involved, but like most people who had watched wrestling at one time or another, I knew who he was and had watched him a few times.  Never really a fan but still a sad ending to another wrestler.

Pretty much gave his own eulogy on April 7th going into the WWE HOF.  Kind of creepy but here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR08M6EUd0g

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well known problem in that business.....

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-7-most-shocking-deaths-pro-wrestling-8546133.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's the article to which you refered: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-7-most-shocking-deaths-pro-wrestling-8546133.html?cat=14

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's the article to which you refered: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-7-most-shocking-deaths-pro-wrestling-8546133.html?cat=14

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I keep forgetting to make the link active! Computer skills are not one of my strengths!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Never bothered to keep up with wrestling once I learned it was fake, but I was a big fan and always loved the Ultimate Warrior. The Hulkster, Jimmy Superfly, U.W., Andre the Giant....Those were good times.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

Never bothered to keep up with wrestling once I learned it was fake, but I was a big fan and always loved the Ultimate Warrior. The Hulkster, Jimmy Superfly, U.W., Andre the Giant....Those were good times.

[/QUOTE]

To paraphrase the late, great Rick James:

"Streoids are a hel_ova drug(s)"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Roids, pain pills, speed...It's a wonder half these guys make it to 50.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Roids, pain pills, speed...It's a wonder half these guys make it to 50.

[/QUOTE]

MUST B HARD TO GET LIFE INSURANCE..FOR rappers, the risk is bullets... seems like they both have the same life expectancy...one can recover from bullets i guess..even if u recover from drugs, u never quite recover due to the residual effects. how does one retool a heart  or brain cells once fried?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

MUST B HARD TO GET LIFE INSURANCE..FOR rappers, the risk is bullets... seems like they both have the same life expectancy...one can recover from bullets i guess..even if u recover from drugs, u never quite recover due to the residual effects. how does one retool a heart  or brain cells once fried?

[/QUOTE]

It's not all about drugs. Pro wrestlers are highly underated athletes, and actors. Though scripted, the wear and tear on their bodies from their ring wars, working around 300 days per year, and all that travel, takes it's toll. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The best part about that post is that you implied that you thought it was real.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not all about drugs. Pro wrestlers are highly underated athletes, and actors. Though scripted, the wear and tear on their bodies from their ring wars, working around 300 days per year, and all that travel, takes it's toll. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a great point. People love saying "wrestling's fake", and it IS, in regards to the 'competitive' side of things. As far as getting body slammed, or thrown on top of a ladder...there is no faking that stuff. This is hollywood stuntman type s h!t happening on often-live TV.

And his speach on Monday Night Raw was creepy...

"...every heart takes it's last beat, every lung takes it's last breath..." and went on to talk about how Legends live on, and it's because of the fans. 

Hollywood can't ever top real life...it's amazing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you are a fantasy football fan? Try a real sport.. like football, and not some fixed spectacle that is filled with the blow hard loser mindset that lives at the NY Jets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me guess, you are a fantasy football fan? Try a real sport.. like football, and not some fixed spectacle that is filled with the blow hard loser mindset that lives at the NY Jets.

[/QUOTE]

You really need to lighten up, porty. We're not talking about a "real sport" here...we're talking about sports entertainment. The WWE is a sports soap opera, that often is hilarious. It's stars are great athletes, and actors. I'm not ashamed to say that I've been entertained by the WWF (now the WWE) for many years.

Why watch the news? If you want to know what's happening, watch pro wrestling. When the Iranians were giving us trouble, behold...Vince McMahon brings us the Iron Shiek. When the Russians were provoking, we had Ivan and Nikita Koloff, and Nickolai Volkoff (all of whom hailed from South Jersey).  

The Grand Wizard of Wrestling distinquished himself by serving several Administrations, acting from his bunker home underneath the White House. Bobby the Brain Heenan took over from The Wiz, and advised Bill Clinton through such troubling times as the Monica Lewinski scandal. It was Heenan who told Bill to argue that, "It depends what your definition of is, is". Now, we have Paul Heyman as the man behind he scenes.

Lighten up, brother! LOL!!!  

Sections
Shortcuts