Was 66 removed? Bravo if so.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so.

Honestly... what the hell took so long?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so.:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, he was getting to the point of being abusive. I had two run ins with him this week, and he was so bent on ranting that he was making obvious mistakes in his arguments and logic. He was pretty easy to dispatch with to be honest. A sad end to what was once a half way decent poster many moons ago. I remember having a couple of actually civilized conversations with him. I'm sure he'll be back though, if he's not already.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that exchange. Anyway. Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, he was getting to the point of being abusive. I had two run ins with him this week, and he was so bent on ranting that he was making obvious mistakes in his arguments and logic. He was pretty easy to dispatch with to be honest. A sad end to what was once a half way decent poster many moons ago. I remember having a couple of actually civilized conversations with him. I'm sure he'll be back though, if he's not already.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I had a few run ins with him this week and honestly I began to think, is there something seriously wrong with this guy? I mean maybe he really had run into a bad spot (I know he was unemployed). I kind of started to feel bad about it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so. : I had a few run ins with him this week and honestly I began to think, is there something seriously wrong with this guy? I mean maybe he really had run into a bad spot (I know he was unemployed). I kind of started to feel bad about it. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. On the one hand, he was dealing with a prolonged unemployment in a field that is drying up because of funding cuts, which makes you feel bad for him.  It is about to happen to my 'cuz.  On the other hand, if I flash forward three years from now, in my wildest nightmares I could not imagine my 'cuz turning into '66.  

Hell, I got caught up in the bad economy for a five-year drought.  Five years! Lost my house, most of my finest guitars, my killer Mackie sound mixer, 350 CDs, etc.  It sucked.  I felt down from time to time, but I just had to laugh, realize that most lives lived in this world are not non-stop smooth as silk, and roll with it.  In the middle of it I met a sweet woman.  I got married.  I finally found a career that seems to be gelling. All because I have been pretty much happy the whole time.  None of that would have happened if I didn't try to maintain my happiness.   

Lesson for '66 to learn: Getting angry and bitter without taking positive action (like a completely new career) is a waste.  And it is a crime if you are unleashing your anger on fellow human beings. It sure won't make you happy.  So stop being angry. You might as well make fun of it and get your friends and family to laugh at it, 'cause life will cut you off at the knees if you take it too seriously.  Dude, if you are reading this, you still have it a heck of a lot better than 75% of the people on this planet who, for the most part, find some way to love and be happy through it all.  Straighten your game out, check your attitude and look to new opportunities if your career is kaput.  Not saying it will be easy, but nobody owes you easy.  It will be worth it once you get past it to the next good stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

i can't recall one conversation where he wasn't rude or abusive. he insulted every person that he talked to.  wonder if he acts like this with every interaction he has throughout the day.. probably.. i'm glad that he is gone, he was ruining this forum but in a way i kind of feel badly for him in that someone could be that miserable in life. he seemed to be getting worse of late, maybe he takes some kind of medication and got off of it..

oh well, go patriots!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so.": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so. : I had a few run ins with him this week and honestly I began to think, is there something seriously wrong with this guy? I mean maybe he really had run into a bad spot (I know he was unemployed). I kind of started to feel bad about it.  Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE] That was my thought as well. That's why during our exchange last night I said "that gun in your hand? Put it down before you do yourself permanent harm." Guy obviously had issues. I think he was just taking it out on us. It was just blind rage, with no purpose. Just a shotgun blast toward whoever stepped in front of him. So I think you're probably right.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The guy has more issues than National Geographic. I can't recall a single thread wherein he posted over the preceding several weeks that he didn't disrupt in one way or another.  Does anyone on this board seriously wonder why he remains un/underemployed?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just couldn't figure out what he expected people to talk about on a sports board. Maybe it was his way of coping with the pressure of the boys being in a SB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I hope 66 doesn't own any guns, cause he seems like a person that would go to his local McDonalds and gun the place up. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so. : I know what you mean. On the one hand, he was dealing with a prolonged unemployment in a field that is drying up because of funding cuts, which makes you feel bad for him.  It is about to happen to my 'cuz.  On the other hand, if I flash forward three years from now, in my wildest nightmares I could not imagine my 'cuz turning into '66.   Hell, I got caught up in the bad economy for a five-year drought.  Five years! Lost my house, most of my finest guitars, my killer Mackie sound mixer, 350 CDs, etc.  It sucked.  I felt down from time to time, but I just had to laugh, realize that most lives lived in this world are not non-stop smooth as silk, and roll with it.  In the middle of it I met a sweet woman.  I got married.  I finally found a career that seems to be gelling. All because I have been pretty much happy the whole time.  None of that would have happened if I didn't try to maintain my happiness.    Lesson for '66 to learn: Getting angry and bitter without taking positive action (like a completely new career) is a waste.  And it is a crime if you are unleashing your anger on fellow human beings. It sure won't make you happy.  So stop being angry. You might as well make fun of it and get your friends and family to laugh at it, 'cause life will cut you off at the knees if you take it too seriously.  Dude, if you are reading this, you still have it a heck of a lot better than 75% of the people on this planet who, for the most part, find some way to love and be happy through it all.  Straighten your game out, check your attitude and look to new opportunities if your career is kaput.  Not saying it will be easy, but nobody owes you easy.  It will be worth it once you get past it to the next good stuff.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Chris, nice post! I know this is just an online discussion board, but what people post says a lot about their character. I'm sure your 'cuz' will be successful if he has the same out-look on life that you do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Seeing this is a Pats forum a good example for 66 to follow is Tom Brady. In an interview years ago he stated that he doesn't waste time rehashing the past play good or bad....because he said there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Why get upset over and int...learn, improve and move on. We all have set backs in life, those that overcome become better people those that let it overwhelm them become 66.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

This thread is therapeutic in many ways. Can't believe one person could have made so many people's online experience so miserable!

I had couple of exchanges with him and I put him on ignore. But that did not help much as I could see others' responses to him. 

Though I am glad he has been banned, one part of me does feel sorry for a troubled human being...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Oh no, what are we going to do?! Now we have noone to argue with all of you "ex-spurts" Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Chris, I fell for that out of work line once and never again.

Like you I was out or work for over a year but I would never have spent all day on a sports forum. I was out busting my hump going any and everywhere to find work and I was hustling so I had no time to be on a board all day and not even talking sports no less. Maybe his actions made him feel better..

I just think he is a lying sack of shyt who was a troll who liked to pis people off.

I took back my apology once I realized he was a phony.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Wow Chris, excellent post!  I hope 66 does read it and takes it to heart.  I've tried at times to engage the guy in a civil and friendly exchange but he always resorts to negativity and name calling.....kind of like an angry disillusioned teenager.  I do hope for his sake he can wake up and find out that even in the hard times, there's a lot to love about living in this world.

Thanks for sharing man! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]My Impression of patsfan1966... Why do you care? Who cares? Why are you commenting? Why am I the only one that understands that it's stupid to talk about football? It has no bearing on the outcome of anything...we are all going to die.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Yeah that kind of sums it up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]Bout time.  Huge list to follow after him. I don't understand why it's so hard for the mods to see who ruins threads.  Stick to the discussion topic, read people's comments with basic comperhension and respect, and then choose to respond with something of value or move on. Very simple.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

because its up to us to point out the people specifically. the mods dont read every post of every thread. but if they get 200 reports for one person about personal attacks it makes it much easier.

I also had started to report every one of his worthless posts like "who cares" when someone would post an opinion. sure enough the next day hes gone.

Rusty if you start reporting the jet trolls instead of trying to put them in there place it would do alot to get them out of here as well as keep the forums clean. Be like the patriots when you win talk a little when you lose talk less, and when the jets troll you say nothing, and beat them with the report button.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Chris, I do believe your cuz works in the field, however I don't believe 1966 did at all, or not to the extent he said he did. I'm in a similar field (albeit material science instead of chemistry) and I work in the private sector instead of the academic, however when I questioned 1966 on some of the even basic fundamentals of the field he had a high high school, low BS (not the bull-s the actually degree) level education and no understand of basic equipment or procedure analysis work that undergrads working in a lab should know. I might only have my masters but I was describing basic terminology not found in wikipedia and 1966 had zero clue what I was saying. I doubt 1966 was an actual PhD or had more then a base level college education in the field of study. I'm not even sure if they even performed any undergrad work.

I feel bad for your cuz though. What part of the country is he in? What is his focus? Maybe, I might have some contacts and can at least give him a direction to look. In the academic world funding is drying up quick but in the private sector there is a lot of money being tossed into the sciences. Particularly polymer science and bio-chemistry polymeric sciences. Material sciences is also getting a ton of money tossed into it by the private sector. A career shift for a chemist should be fairly easy into the material sciences. Just a couple of classes in mechanical properties of phase shifting materials should be enough to make the transition.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was 66 removed? Bravo if so. : I have done that. Nothing happens.  When Phat Rex and I would go toe to toe, and even after it was clear he lost in embarrasing fashion and wouldn't concede, that's when I would report the loser. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing, you are playing different games, you are playing as if its chess and making logical arguements. hes playing checkers just trying to pee you off. each time you write out a 600 word essay about how much the jets suck, hes sitting around laughing his rump off because the discussion prior to that was about what kind of music brady likes.

His goal is to derail conversations, and in the end he actually wins because its not about facts, its about trolling. dont go toe to toe, just report for trolling and hit ignore like everyone else.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts