Was at Gillette on Sunday...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Was at Gillette on Sunday...

First off, Boston was great.  Stayed at the Marriott Custom House and really enjoyed the view at the top.  Saturday night I went out and had some shepard's pie and some beers (can't remember the place now).  Walked around some of the cool side streets that night and checked out the State House and Boston Common on my way to Cheers on Beacon Street.  Stopped by the Black Rose (which is right across the street from the Hotel) at the end of the night.  Needless to say I was hung over Sunday morning.  I went with my step father and his nephew to sunday morning mass at St. Leonard's on Hanover Street. It was in Italian and I don't speak Italian nor am I Catholic so it wasn't that fun. I guess church isn't suppose to be. lol 

Took the train to Gillette and got to the stadium about 45 min before gametime (train ride back was delayed). Glad I read the fine print about no backpacks allowed at the stadium.  Lots of tailgaters, so cool!  We sat up high in the 301 section. I actually liked that better than sitting close cause I could see the field and the unfolding of a play much better.  Not as many Jets jerseys at the stadium when compared to Seattle and all the Pats jerseys there.

Great game to go to considering the OT win. That McCourty return made the trip, and the fumble almost ruined it!  lol

-Brady in the 4th and OT put the team in position to win with their backs against the wall.  And good to see Gostkowski make some clutch field goals.

-Heard a lot of fans make similiar statements about Welker "I don't know what they'd do without him." I agree.

-Lot's of "Put Tebow in cause he s_cks!" haha 

-Pats still banged up in the secondary. When I saw both Chung and Gregory were out I got a little nervous.  McCourty back at safety for a while, didn't see much improvement.  If the Pats can get a win in London, the bye week should allow this team to get healthy for the final push.

-Gillette was loud but not as loud as Century Link.  The level of noise has more to do with the differences in the the design of the stadiums and less to do with crowd's enthusiasm, IMO.

-Also, if they win on Sunday their record will be 5-3. Which is the same as last year at this time.  Should be a good game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Was at Gillette on Sunday...

glad you had a good time! I woulda went to the Saturday 4:00 Church mass, then left early Sunday morning for the game to get lots of tailgating time in! Thats the best part of the experience!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Save the salmon....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Funny considering that jets fans boo their own team more than any other fans in the NFL. I guess 43 years of nothing makes them angry

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Cool, thanks for sharing.  I would also like to know about the booing from the crowd.  I only heard it happen once on tv and it seemed pretty loud.  Were there more Booing then that one time? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

To THE SALMON

in regards to the the booing or  sarcastic cheering. I watched / listened on TV and it seemed there was a derisive cheering when Brady threw the OB pass on the first series. it was like they were cheering because he got out of the tackle box and didn't get a grounding call.

Did I read too much into this?

The train is great !  sure beats the $60 parking! It isnt tailgating but still a lot of good socializing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

glad you had a good time! I woulda went to the Saturday 4:00 Church mass, then left early Sunday morning for the game to get lots of tailgating time in! Thats the best part of the experience!

Plane landed around that time.  But for sure, next time I want to go much earlier to tailgate.  I'm use to the tailgates here in NM for the UNM football games.  Gillette put em to shame no doubt. Easily double the size.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

still got the coolest avatar in the history of Mankind

Haha.  Thanks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Save the salmon....

Ok so didn't get to have the Atlantic Salmon, but the Pacific Salmon was really good. Is there a difference in taste?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:

Were you BOOing the pats like the rest of them???

My booing was directed towards the Jets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

In response to TheSalmon's comment:

-Also, if they win on Sunday their record will be 5-3. Which is the same as last year at this time.  Should be a good game.

Great observation, it's good to keep the season in perspective.

Got the info from Reiss, from this weeks mailbag I think...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Cool, thanks for sharing.  I would also like to know about the booing from the crowd.  I only heard it happen once on tv and it seemed pretty loud.  Were there more Booing then that one time? 

The only booing I remember, if my memory recalls correctly, was sometime during the 2nd quarter???  I'm pretty sure it had to do with the Pats choosing not to go for the 1st down on 4th down...  Could have been more, but I was already a few beers in and I might have been in line at the urinals for some of the others. lol

Im gonna rewatch the game tonight on NFL Network, but they cut out all the in between plays stuff, so probably won't hear it.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:

To THE SALMON

in regards to the the booing or  sarcastic cheering. I watched / listened on TV and it seemed there was a derisive cheering when Brady threw the OB pass on the first series. it was like they were cheering because he got out of the tackle box and didn't get a grounding call.

Did I read too much into this?

The train is great !  sure beats the $60 parking! It isnt tailgating but still a lot of good socializing.

Didn't catch on to any derisive cheering except when it was directed towards Tebow.  But I would say that some of the fans were frustrated by what they see as offensive inconsistencies (especially when compared with last years offense).

Ok, one instance or statement that comes to mind was what I heard after the McCourty fumble. "There goes the season!"   LOL

The train ride was great! Would definitely do that again.

Sections
Shortcuts