1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Re: Was at the game in Seattle...

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheSalmon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couple things...

There were a lot of Pats fans.  Walking past them after the game everyone seemed to have the same look of "Man, Pats just let one get away."

After all the trash talking by the Seahawks, the ints, all the long passes given up by the secondary, and all the rain and noise, and all the travel, and the Pats not bringing their A game, it really just came down to 1 or 2 plays.  The int in the endzone, and the biggest one, the intentional grounding at the end of the half. Should have just taken the field goal but...

The Seattle fans were extremely loud, until Welker scored that TD to take the lead.  Lots of Pats fans sitting on that side, around me and we just went crazy. That shut em up for a while lol.  Great route/pass/catch.  The 4th quarter yelling was unbelievable. My ears were still ringing for about 2 hours after the game.  All the other Pats scores or redzone turnovers were on the other side of the stadium.

I've been reading all the posts since last night.  Everyone's gotta relax.  Seattle is a good team with a great defense and an amazing homefield advantage between all the noise and the rain.  It was like a playoff game to this town and team, a statement game. 

and...Injuries are literally hurting the Pats. Ha. Gregory has been injured and I'm thinking that his presence would have helped the secondary out tremendously. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, road games are tough.  It seems like the Patriots play 1/2 their games somewhere else.  And those injuries... is there a team in the NFL that is missing more key players than the Patriots?  Did those Seahawk fans mention anything about their key turnovers where they almost "let one get away"?

[/QUOTE]

It's more like 50%. lol

The "Let one get away" statement refers to Pats having a 13 point lead in the 4th quarter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

salmon-Trying to get pats fans to listen to reason is like trying to herd a bunch of cats-it can't be done. Pretty soon they'll want to Fire BB and trade Brady.It's just "A" typical of the NE fan.

Sad yet true!

[/QUOTE]

Yea. People are just upset.  Sucks to lose a close game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im going to enjoy when the seahawks dont make the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind a rematch of these 2 teams in the SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sorry for you loss....lol.

Actually, despite the outcome it's a blast watching games live. Very different from watching on t.v. - each way has it's pros/cons

altho watching game live can be expensive. It's obscene how pricey most of the tickets are.  I'd much rather bring my family to some of the minor league sporting events where tickets cost $7 each, then I'm more than happy to buy the $5 hot dog...lol

[/QUOTE]

Was fun.

Went to the concession stand got a beer, a lemonade for my GF, and a bottle of water.  Lady starts taking the bottle cap off the water and I'm like hey I need that cap so i can put the bottle in my sweatshirt pocket and carry the other drinks. Oh, we don't give out the caps. And then she just looked at me like I was dumb and didnt offer a holder.  Whatever, I got skills, made it back with 1 small spill. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

And I'll be in Foxborough on Sunday the 21st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

In response to TheSalmon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Couple things...

There were a lot of Pats fans.  Walking past them after the game everyone seemed to have the same look of "Man, Pats just let one get away."

After all the trash talking by the Seahawks, the ints, all the long passes given up by the secondary, and all the rain and noise, and all the travel, and the Pats not bringing their A game, it really just came down to 1 or 2 plays.  The int in the endzone, and the biggest one, the intentional grounding at the end of the half. Should have just taken the field goal but...

The Seattle fans were extremely loud, until Welker scored that TD to take the lead.  Lots of Pats fans sitting on that side, around me and we just went crazy. That shut em up for a while lol.  Great route/pass/catch.  The 4th quarter yelling was unbelievable. My ears were still ringing for about 2 hours after the game.  All the other Pats scores or redzone turnovers were on the other side of the stadium.

I've been reading all the posts since last night.  Everyone's gotta relax.  Seattle is a good team with a great defense and an amazing homefield advantage between all the noise and the rain.  It was like a playoff game to this town and team, a statement game. 

and...Injuries are literally hurting the Pats. Ha. Gregory has been injured and I'm thinking that his presence would have helped the secondary out tremendously. 

[/QUOTE]

I was at the game as well, and there were a lot of Pats fans which didn't surprise me. The Seahawks are a good team and Qwest is loud, but the Pats should have won by 30. They left so many points out on the field it was crazy. The hawks fans next to us were amazed at the poor decision making by the Pats coaches and Brady. Constantly letting Seattle of the hook, which has been a hallmark of this season so far.  I was kind of amazed that Gronk was a non-factor in this game,  and that the Pats didn't stick with the run, but the Seattlle run D is good, and Ridley looked terrible.  The one thing that really stood out, is just how solid the play of the Hawks defensive backfiield is in contrast to NE. The pats dbs were constantly out of position all day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

.... and if Seattle didn't sore more than the Pats, the Pats would have won.

LMFAO!!!

Seattle's got a good team, but the Pats tantalizingly only play 50 of 60 minutes (seemingly) lately, with Mr Brady constantly and consistently being excused for continued late game misfires and poor performance. Plus, those "young and still learning" DB's (an obvioiusly educationally challenged bunch) persit on either giving up MORE down the middle GASHES or make a PI play. Even if yoou include the occaisional INT, they still perform badly 2 of 3 instances.... NOT good.

I said it before and I'll say it again.... this bunch creates no fear in any aspect of the game to any opponent. The offense? Lights out until the 4th qtr, then they become predictable.

Not many team make it to, let alone win, Super Bowls by continually gakking up double digit 4th qtr leads.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, your team as a loser and you as a loser on our board with you having almost 2000 posts under this particular board handle of yours that you're using right now, really shows everyone you aren't a raging loser.

LMAO

Tell us how well your Jets will do this Sunday, Phatty Virgin.  We all know one thing: When the Pats throttle your piddly team next week, you won't be here.

[/QUOTE]

Does that give you almost 300 posts?

[/QUOTE]

this gutless pilon won't show up monday after the jets gets pumped.. gutless wipeout..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seattle's got a good team, but the Pats tantalizingly only play 50 of 60 minutes (seemingly) lately, with Mr Brady constantly and consistently being excused for continued late game misfires and poor performance. I said it before and I'll say it again.... this bunch creates no fear in any aspect of the game to any opponent. The offense? Lights out until the 4th qtr, then they become predictable.

Not many team make it to, let alone win, Super Bowls by continually gakking up double digit 4th qtr leads.  

[/QUOTE]

Well . . .  just to extrapolate on AZPAT's point a little (and we've had this discussion recently), the Pats didn't just "let one get away."
     They've been letting games -- including some very important games (as this one was not) get away for a good long while now. I know there are always excuses -- errrrrrrr . . .  reasons -- why this or that or the other thing continually happens to New England, but the simple fact of the matter is that this team does not (cannot) execute under pressure.

I didn't see any of this game or any of the highlights, but I did log onto this site at about 6:00 (central) to see that the Pats lead had been cut to six with three minutes and change left. I knew at that point -- without knowing anything at all about how the game had progressed to that point -- that the Pats would lose, and I'll bet many of you did, too (although I suspect some of you were (are) loathe to admit it.

It was the same feeling I had when the Pats only went up nine on Baltimore with seven minutes left in that game. You could feel the loss coming and, as happens so often with Patriots teams of recent vintage, they simply stop executing in crunch time. Happens over and over again.

Sure, the Pats might beat you 45-20 . . .  but they'll never beat you 13-10.

Not this version, at any rate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well when the Pats come to town, it's the Super Bowl for that team and fans.  Even a team with no natural enemies like Seattle.  I mean the Jets still treat that one playoff win over the Pats a couple years ago the same way a Steeler fan treats their 6 SB wins combined.

[/QUOTE]

Seattle faces its nemesis on Thurs nite: the 9ers. On the road. The 9ers were just humiliated by the Gmen. That game will be for the division lead just like the Jets game will be for the Pats. Here's hoping the 9ers crush those trash talking Hawks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im going to enjoy when the seahawks dont make the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

Considering they have wins over GB and NE I'd guess they have a decent shot at making the playoffs.  Those have to be 2 of the tougher teams on their schedule so now if they handle the soft part of their schedule, they should be able to get to 10 wins.

Clearly they are much different team at home than on the road, so maybe that will catch up with them.  They are similar to what the Jets were a few years ago.  Rookie game manager QB, good running game, stout D and arrogant coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Nice post,

ignore the trolls.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Of course it is. The Patriots are like the Raiders or Cowboys in the 70's. The biggest game of the year for almost every team. They are the measuring stick of the league. The Steelers have also been great but Roethlisberger/Tomlin does not inspire the passion of Brady/Belichek. The Giants are unbeatable when they are on but they are off so often that they don't inspire any opposing passion. The Seahawks celebrated and trash talked like they won the Championship. They most likely won't even make the playoffs this year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

What are you talking about. They are the definition of the measuring stick for the Giants or did they win another super bowl in the past 10 years that i do not know about. Pats have best winning percentage of the past 10 years, 5 SB appearances in last 11 aand were the first team to go 16-0. Belichek has been coach of the year at least 3 times (I lost count) and Brady has won 2 MVP's. Peyton Manning is great also but he's now on his second team and 4th head coach. Like I said they are the measuring stick of the NFL. Giants usually lose as many games in a year as at may take the Pats 2 and a half years to lose. If the Pats weren't a measuring stick you would not be on this site. The Jets and Cowboys have sites also.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What are you talking about. They are the definition of the measuring stick for the Giants or did they win another super bowl in the past 10 years that i do not know about. Pats have best winning percentage of the past 10 years, 5 SB appearances in last 11 aand were the first team to go 16-0. Belichek has been coach of the year at least 3 times (I lost count) and Brady has won 2 MVP's. Peyton Manning is great also but he's now on his second team and 4th head coach. Like I said they are the measuring stick of the NFL. Giants usually lose as many games in a year as at may take the Pats 2 and a half years to lose. If the Pats weren't a measuring stick you would not be on this site. The Jets and Cowboys have sites also.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....

Sections
Shortcuts