Was Brady on pain-meds during Jets game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Was Brady on pain-meds during Jets game?

Most of us here agree that Brady was not Brady against the Jets in the playoffs. We did not see any resemblance of the Brady spiking the ball in the endzone as he did against Pittsburgh or the taunting of the Jets after touchdown scores on Monday Night Football.

Some have suggested that the downtrodden apprearance in Brady's face that was overwhelmingly obvious throughout the game was reflective of a mental breakdown that was triggered by some combination of the Welker benching/Brady Interception/Crumpler endzone drop. I was mystified each time I was able to get a good look into Brady's eyes.

When news of Brady's foot broke, it explained much of the outcome of the game, in my opinion.  But it also brings up some interesting questions that I hope you guys will provide feedback with. 

1) Was Brady on major pain-meds during the Jets game? Does this explain his very strange demeanor during the game?

2) If in fact Brady was on major pain-meds during the game, then presumably the condition of his sprained/broken foot deterioted at some point that we have not been made aware of.  Having said this, do you guys think that Brady's foot was possibly aggravated further during the season finale against the Dolphins? This is purely speculative for me to ask this, but if it were the case and it came out, imagine the hell that BB would take after what happened to Welker last year.

3) Why not Hoyer against the Jets if Brady's foot was in such bad shape?

I have complete confidence in BB and his decision-making.  We are not entitled to these answers and I am perfectly fine with that!

Next year will be great as long as we can avoid the final outcome being dependent on Brady's Health which has been the case the last three seasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Re: Was Brady on pain-meds during Jets game?

I don't know if he was or wasn't but you do bring up a good point about his demeanor on the sideline. I noticed the same thing. He was unusually subdued for the most part. The camera shot of him setting by himself was very unusuall to say the least. Someone I know who went to the game said that the whold team was pretty subdued at the start of the game and they came out flat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

Come on, MAN!  LOL - Brady was said to have had the "footie" problem for MUCH of the season...........face it, Brady was REX-OR-CISED!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

P.S.  Players do not take meds, they are given shots to problem area.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  you can't have it both ways.

If Brady is injured to the point that whatever treatment he's taking (or not taking) -- and this is two years in a row now we've heard this ex post facto injury explanation  -- is limiting his effectiveness, get him the hell out of there. If he's still your best option, despite those limitations, then sure, you play the hand your dealt . . .  but it's not a valid excuse and neither Brady nor the coaches should get a pass on this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Brady may have caught a flu at the wrong time.  His facial expression to me looked like someone is sick.  The under garment that he put on further proved that.  Brady doesn't wear those heavy under garment...just look at the Chicago game.  It was colder than Jets/Pats playoffs game and he wore nothing [literally speaking].

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

His facial expressions looked like he knew that his receivers weren't getting open and the play calling was not helping the situation much, plus it must not be fun to realize that this could not of happened at any worse time...as the clock ticked away and he sat while the D sprung holes that were there all along. Yes that was the longest run on sentence ever written:(

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Brady definitely was not Brady, demeanor wise.. 

Doubt it was from pain killers tho. Pain killers tend to create euphoria, not subdue someone. Something else was wrong, possibly a cold, possibly locker room chemistry breakdown.

Maybe he just realized early on that the Jets gameplan had completely out-classed what they prepared for, and the frustration came early. They were driving the field easily in the first two drives and got 3 points.. 

Whatever it was, it better stop in the future. He looked that way against the, Balt and the Giants.. Weird stuff

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-baby. Show tom-baby's posts

I agree 100%.  There is no possible way that Tom Brady could ever lose a football game unless he was drugged or the officials were out to get them and hand a win to some other undeserving team.  The only team in the history in the NFL that has ever deserved to win the Super Bowl is New England.  Don't worry, the Patriots will win it all next year.  They always will.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Was Brady on pain-meds during Jets game?:
    [QUOTE]Come on, MAN!  LOL - Brady was said to have had the "footie" problem for MUCH of the season...........face it, Brady was REX-OR-CISED!

Posted by MYNJJets[/QUOTE]

Hey listen I don't make excuses aight cauz they don't accomplish anything.

You guys played really good that day esp on D.

But Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady IDK what it was but TB wasn't the Tom Brady from the regular season.

I heard reports that he was under the weather and he had been "under weather during the bye week too" 

Again not making excuses u guys beat us but....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

i don't know about the meds thing, but I could see he was pissed. The Jests managed to take the middle of the field away, and coverage sack him, screwing the game plan. I'm just surprised that BB didn't get the adjustments for this soon enough to change the game, it hurts! I'm ready for next year! (go Pack!)KMc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Maybe the look on his face was an expression of painful thoughts like how much longer do we have to put up with O'Brien?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]His facial expressions looked like he knew that his receivers weren't getting open and the play calling was not helping the situation much, plus it must not be fun to realize that this could not of happened at any worse time...as the clock ticked away and he sat while the D sprung holes that were there all along. Yes that was the longest run on sentence ever written:(
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

i agree, he was probably befuddled by the lousy gameplan and milking the clock down by 11 points ikn the 4th quarter and not using the hurry up offense which they should have used most of the game to gets the jests defense oout of sync

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I agree 100%.  There is no possible way that Tom Brady could ever lose a football game unless he was drugged or the officials were out to get them and hand a win to some other undeserving team.  The only team in the history in the NFL that has ever deserved to win the Super Bowl is New England.  Don't worry, the Patriots will win it all next year.  They always will.

Thank you I was wondering just how to type that. I think the expression on his face was. "Wow so thats what a pass rush looks like"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]Brady may have caught a flu at the wrong time.  His facial expression to me looked like someone is sick.  The under garment that he put on further proved that.  Brady doesn't wear those heavy under garment...just look at the Chicago game.  It was colder than Jets/Pats playoffs game and he wore nothing [literally speaking].
    Posted by nZone[/QUOTE]

All I know is from the very start of the game when they had a camera shot of Tom, the first thing I noticed was a severly RED nose!  He also looked like he was very sick, which leads me to believe (like I did watching the game) that Tom Brady had the flu & was trying to play through it.

As for the "drugged up" possible performance, it could have been a combination of pain meds & flu medicine.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]His facial expressions looked like he knew that his receivers weren't getting open and the play calling was not helping the situation much, plus it must not be fun to realize that this could not of happened at any worse time...as the clock ticked away and he sat while the D sprung holes that were there all along. Yes that was the longest run on sentence ever written:(
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think you explained it very well.  I agree.  I think that Brady knew early on that the YETS had their number and that there were no adjustments being made.  This dovetails with what Welker said after the game, something to the effect of "you plan all week for one thing and you get something completely different.". 

Many PATS fans want to blame somebody or something but not many will credit the YETS or having the answer to the PATS passing game this time.  Next time it will be something completely different, count on it.