WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/18/11/Packers-saddened-by-Jollys-prison-senten/landing_packers.html?blockID=607532&feedID=5065

unless there's much more to the story somehow, this seems like another RACIST overreaction by the justice system. contrarian was planning on hanging back on this one but when i read the trivial example of racism on another packer thread it got my bloood going. this dude is 28 yo, in his peak career form. no violence against annyone, not a menace to anyone, yet because he violates his parole by "abusing" his own body with a prescription-based drug he loses his freedom for 6 years? where's the outrage?

in a state where aaron rodgers is ranked just behind jesus (no, not tebow) and abe lincoln (was from there) in a statewide most liked survey, this says a lot about their real approach to people of color. is there any white athlete anywhere who has been this railroaded under a similar set of conditions? why hasnt lindsey lohan been put in a cell for more than a day yet? how much chance after chance after chance after chance has she had? this is dIsgusting and an OUTRAGEEEEE! sentence one white athlete like this and the laws will be changing in a heartbeat due to the protests and media coverage. this man clearly needs help and is about 3 relapses away before we seriously even consider the possibility of jail.

unlike lohan who had a DWI and other menace-type charges, jolly has been totally clean so y are we as a society persecuting and witchhunting him for? if he were white, no way a prosecutor anywhere even has the gall or nerves to bring this in front of a judge. look at the nationwide stats, white criminals and persons in the same situations, routinely get offered rehab time while blacks routinely get to rot in a jail cell... yep, nice justice! not about $ but RACEEEEE and the interpretive systems it imposes on many including ivory tower judges!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?

He was arrested for having a half pound of codeine, that's a lot. You get charged for dealing when you have that much. He was facing 20 years and got off with parole. Then he got caught with almost a pound and a half of codeine...that's 3 times as much. He was facing a lot of jail time and got 6 years. You don't have to like the law but it does in fact apply to everybody.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?:
    http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/18/11/Packers-saddened-by-Jollys-prison-senten/landing_packers.html?blockID=607532&feedID=5065 unless there's much more to the story somehow, this seems like another RACIST overreaction by the justice system. contrarian was planning on hanging back on this one but when i read the trivial example of racism on another packer thread it got my bloood going. this dude is 28 yo, in his peak career form. no violence against annyone, not a menace to anyone, yet because he violates his parole by "abusing" his own body with a prescription-based drug he loses his freedom for 6 years? where's the outrage? in a state where aaron rodgers is ranked just behind jesus (no, not tebow) and abe lincoln (was from there) in a statewide most liked survey, this says a lot about their real approach to people of color. is there any white athlete anywhere who has been this railroaded under a similar set of conditions? why hasnt lindsey lohan been put in a cell for more than a day yet? how much chance after chance after chance after chance has she had? this is dIsgusting and an OUTRAGEEEEE! sentence one white athlete like this and the laws will be changing in a heartbeat due to the protests and media coverage. this man clearly needs help and is about 3 relapses away before we seriously even consider the possibility of jail. unlike lohan who had a DWI and other menace-type charges, jolly has been totally clean so y are we as a society persecuting and witchhunting him for? if he were white, no way a prosecutor anywhere even has the gall or nerves to bring this in front of a judge. look at the nationwide stats, white criminals and persons in the same situations, routinely get offered rehab time while blacks routinely get to rot in a jail cell... yep, nice justice! not about $ but RACEEEEE and the interpretive systems it imposes on many including ivory tower judges!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you are an idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?:
     The US loves to incarcerate people at a high rate which is also helping bankrupt the country .Personally I would put a person like that in a half way house and make them pay their way,pay for their rehab and save money for when they get out maybe a Year?America fills super max prisons in California with retarted white kids for stealing candy bars ,America is sick sick sick.
    Posted by Mybologna

Donte Stallworth KILLED a guy while driving after drinking and spent a grand total of 24 days in jail. Lohan did 14 days for violating probation. Kill someone, 24 days, violate probation 14 days. Hmmm... The legal system is a mess for sure but knock it off with the racism crap. Black, drinking & driving, KILLED someone, 24 days served

Personally, I believe anyone guilty & in prison belongs there and likely wasn't given enough time to begin with and on top of that will be let out way too early due to over crowding. 

But yeah, it was awfully racist to arrest this guy on more than one occasion for having all that dope. I think they arrest other races for drugs too though. They even go to jail for it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?:
    http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11/18/11/Packers-saddened-by-Jollys-prison-senten/landing_packers.html?blockID=607532&feedID=5065 unless there's much more to the story somehow, this seems like another RACIST overreaction by the justice system. contrarian was planning on hanging back on this one but when i read the trivial example of racism on another packer thread it got my bloood going. this dude is 28 yo, in his peak career form. no violence against annyone, not a menace to anyone, yet because he violates his parole by "abusing" his own body with a prescription-based drug he loses his freedom for 6 years? where's the outrage? in a state where aaron rodgers is ranked just behind jesus (no, not tebow) and abe lincoln (was from there) in a statewide most liked survey, this says a lot about their real approach to people of color. is there any white athlete anywhere who has been this railroaded under a similar set of conditions? why hasnt lindsey lohan been put in a cell for more than a day yet? how much chance after chance after chance after chance has she had? this is dIsgusting and an OUTRAGEEEEE! sentence one white athlete like this and the laws will be changing in a heartbeat due to the protests and media coverage. this man clearly needs help and is about 3 relapses away before we seriously even consider the possibility of jail. unlike lohan who had a DWI and other menace-type charges, jolly has been totally clean so y are we as a society persecuting and witchhunting him for? if he were white, no way a prosecutor anywhere even has the gall or nerves to bring this in front of a judge. look at the nationwide stats, white criminals and persons in the same situations, routinely get offered rehab time while blacks routinely get to rot in a jail cell... yep, nice justice! not about $ but RACEEEEE and the interpretive systems it imposes on many including ivory tower judges!

I now live in Milwaukee, a city that is sadly rated in the top four or five cities in the country for its racism so I wouldn't doubt if this carries accross the state to other cities, but in this case please don't pull the race card.

Jolly was fairly charged and convicted of those charges and got what he deserved. His sentence considering the amount of Codeine he was found with could have been much longer. What would be fair in this case would be mandatory jail time with possible early parole if Jolly shows he can reform, but this is also his second offense. He only made it worse for himself by trying to throw evidence away which only compounds the crime. 

If Lohan or someone else get off easily that is a separate issue that should be dealt with. Not saying Lohan doesn't deserve equel punishment but I've better things to do than read about her personal issues but if she's guilty as charged Lohan should be punished as well.

Hetchinspete.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE?:
    In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : Donte Stallworth KILLED a guy while driving after drinking and spent a grand total of 24 days in jail. Lohan did 14 days for violating probation. Kill someone, 24 days, violate probation 14 days. Hmmm... The legal system is a mess for sure but knock it off with the racism crap. Black, drinking & driving, KILLED someone, 24 days served Personally, I believe anyone guilty & in prison belongs there and likely wasn't given enough time to begin with and on top of that will be let out way too early due to over crowding.  But yeah, it was awfully racist to arrest this guy on more than one occasion for having all that dope. I think they arrest other races for drugs too though. They even go to jail for it
    Posted by hang3xc
    iwell, its a racial not RACIST issue and point of view here. no way u willl find any non-tea party blak person (less than .01% of the population who will agree that most are guilty and deserve their sentences. u know how many got railroaded with overharsh crack sentences and those who walked away scotch-free with same amounts of cocaine. (re: whites).

look, most people in prison are overwhelmingly non-white (and the admitted users of overwhelmingly more drugs) who are there for personal drug use or being small down drug dealers for largely harmless drugs like marijuana. i have no beef with guys who deal heavy doses of cocaine and heroin esp to kids getting max deals but its ridiculous that these poor guys go down forever for this crapp. imagine if u actually went after the USERS as they do in some other places, WHITES like u would be the first crying and whining about how unfair it is! i guarantee when when non-whites are the ones in power and selectively writing the laws to not punish all their constituencies, things will be much fairer and the US will stop imprisoning more percentage of its folks than any other nation on EARTH! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

He was arrested for having a half pound of codeine, that's a lot. You get charged for dealing when you have that much. He was facing 20 years and got off with parole. Then he got caught with almost a pound and a half of codeine...that's 3 times as much. He was facing a lot of jail time and got 6 years. You don't have to like the law but it does in fact apply to everybody.
    Posted by shenanigan
    comrade, i stand corrected, you have a point. i didnt know it was for that much drugs. codeine is highly addictive, assumed it was a personal use thing. he clearly was likely dealing. as i said, if there was more to the story... so yes, he should go down, my beef is still with the lack of consistency. i have read about white celebrity with dealer amounts who get off routinely. if this is the standard, i want it across the board! robert downey jr, comes to mind. again and again he was busted. a few times he had dealer amounts incl once overseas. everyone kept talking about how it was a disease and now to his credit, he turned his life around.

y is it only white suburban types are worthy of these multiple chances? jolly clearly could have turned his life around. and yes like mybolgna said, he has the money where taxpayers could have been left not holding the bag. u fine and control him while giving him multiple chances too. seems like a total waste to take all that revenue out of the tax base. now u have to feed and house him at 50k per year, for what?  will he better off? no! even a 18 month sentence with lohan-paris hilton release conditions would have been fairer. lohan is different i guess for its a personal use vs dealer amounts. big difference but still want to see consistency in sentencing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

how can you keep it real when you don't even know the relevent facts of your topic.  YOu are hopping into Texas Pat territory now. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

The US loves to incarcerate people at a high rate which is also helping bankrupt the country .Personally I would put a person like that in a half way house and make them pay their way,pay for their rehab and save money for when they get out maybe a Year?America fills super max prisons in California with retarted white kids for stealing candy bars ,America is sick sick sick.
    Posted by Mybologna

Silly generalities notwithstanding, have you considered moving?  I don't know all the nuances with respect to Jolly's case, but having travelled and lived around the world, I can tell you with absolute certainty that America's jail and justice systems, while not perfect, do try rehabilitating criminals with more zeal than most other countries.  With respects you "America is sick, sick, sick," again, there are plenty of other places in this great big wide world to call home - perhaps a chance of scenary would suit you best.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

CC:

As much as I disagreed with your point of view earlier I'll come to your defense only in that you finally are seeing the light and admitting to it, but the main issue is that you like many fans over react and come to conclusions without knowing all the information. It's very easy to spout off a point of view based on a little knowledge but it would be better if you say your piece when you have all of the facts.

Just some friendly advice from another imperfect Boston fan. 

Hetchinspete 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : comrade, i stand corrected, you have a point. i didnt know it was for that much drugs. codeine is highly addictive, assumed it was a personal use thing. he clearly was likely dealing. as i said, if there was more to the story... so yes, he should go down, my beef is still with the lack of consistency. i have read about white celebrity with dealer amounts who get off routinely. if this is the standard, i want it across the board! robert downey jr, comes to mind. again and again he was busted. a few times he had dealer amounts incl once overseas. everyone kept talking about how it was a disease and now to his credit, he turned his life around. y is it only white suburban types are worthy of these multiple chances? jolly clearly could have turned his life around. and yes like mybolgna said, he has the money where taxpayers could have been left not holding the bag. u fine and control him while giving him multiple chances too. seems like a total waste to take all that revenue out of the tax base. now u have to feed and house him at 50k per year, for what?  will he better off? no! even a 18 month sentence with lohan-paris hilton release conditions would have been fairer. lohan is different i guess for its a personal use vs dealer amounts. big difference but still want to see consistency in sentencing!

Personally I wouldn't have given him 6 years but I'm kind of a softy. He has a drug problem and probably tried to subsidize his lack of NFL income when he got suspended by also dealing (just a guess). I also have no problem with Stallworth's punishment or Lohan's but like I said I'm a softy and if someone repents and seems genuinely sorry and intent on changing than I give them the benefit of the doubt. As far as whites getting less for the same crime- that may be true but I don't know of any cases so I'm not going to get upset over hypotheticals at this point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : Silly generalities notwithstanding, have you considered moving?  I don't know all the nuances with respect to Jolly's case, but having travelled and lived around the world, I can tell you with absolute certainty that America's jail and justice systems, while not perfect, do try rehabilitating criminals with more zeal than most other countries.  With respects you "America is sick, sick, sick," again, there are plenty of other places in this great big wide world to call home - perhaps a chance of scenary would suit you best.
    Posted by gr82bme
    talking other WESTERN countries/the EU nations or are u trying to sneak in the loser majority and developing nations like china, iran, saudi arabia and all of AFRIC? clearly amongst western countries the US is dead last! i have seen reports on scandenvaian max prisons. it looks like the four seasons. they have personal assistants for massages, catered meals, cable and most have INDIVIDUAL rooms for there is no such thing as overcrowding. they have private drug counseling with private access to the best doctors. also by focusing on hard drug ABUSE rather than wasting everyone's time on persecuting recreational drug use and "softer" drugs, they have less reasons to put most at risk of being criminalized in the freakin region. these extremists talk about smaller government (which i support btw) but only focus on the ECONOMIC 1%. WELL GUESS WHAT, WHEN U WASTE TIME AND resources criminalizing abortions and anything that goes on in a woman's womb (the born child should have full precedence over any child still attached in someone else's womb like humans have precedence over other animals) as well  as criminalizing most things that a person CHOOSES to put into their own body you in effect support BIGGER government. persecuting or legislating morality creates bigger government and more regulations by default in addition to a bloated military. makes the federal government require more taxes, workers and power as a result.

one day someone will figure out how to take the best of the right's approach to smaller government and combine it with the best of the left with in a capitalistic framework to create the most perfect union possible. yes to more free but regulated access to guns, yes to more free but regulated access to most drugs, yes to more free but less regulated access to ABORTIONS for those who CHOOSE to go that route for whatever reasn!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You don't want to compare the U.S. to China or Iran, fine, but you can't compare us to places like Finland or Denmark either. There are more illegal aliens in Arizona than there are people in those countries. They're almost entirely homogenous (read: white) and they have practically zero immigration, legal or otherwise. They don't spend anything on defense because they can get away with it. But when the stuff hits the fan, who are they going to run to for help? Hint: not China or Iran. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

how can you keep it real when you don't even know the relevent facts of your topic.  YOu are hopping into Texas Pat territory now. 
    Posted by UD6
    LOOK I ADMITTED IT UPFRONT... still dude, 6 years is tooooo much! seems the attitude should be less prison and more rehab. how has that strategy worked in recent years? another brotha with a felony record to maximize the coffers of the private prison industrial complex. least he can afford the $5 a minute fone calls these bastardds charge. so work all day for $1 per day but spend it all on one fone call, where's the logic? give the guy 18 months at most, free him after a year if good with his rehab and drug tests then have him serve a 10 year probation period or suspended sentence. prison should be mostly for murderes, rapists, white collar criminals, ARMED ROBBERS, and those who commit pedophilic ACTS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

You don't want to compare the U.S. to China or Iran, fine, but you can't compare us to places like Finland or Denmark either. There are more illegal aliens in Arizona than there are people in those countries. They're almost entirely homogenous (read: white) and they have practically zero immigration, legal or otherwise. They don't spend anything on defense because they can get away with it. But when the stuff hits the fan, who are they going to run to for help? Hint: not China or Iran. 
    Posted by Muzwell
    GOOD POINT BUT WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH DRUGS? those guys do far more drugs and have far more yet less "crime" (if its decriminalized, no crime..got it?)... my point was on drugs ..period... have no beef with criminalizing criminal aliens and so forth. talking purely about the idiotic and moronic approach to drug policy... period! while we're at it, lets add in prostitution as well. another largely victimless "crime" to crush and punish the "poor"..

remove the criminal and illegal aspects from drug policy and the price automatically comes down and things are more in the open abd can be properly regulated. mexicans stop shooting each other to meeet the overwhelming demand in  the us. funny how that works. most cartels or bosses become legit or go out of business with easier more honest and open access.

by having competition from everywhere to meet the demand, price goes down and no need for many to break into homes or sell their bodies to raise money. do people do this for cigarettes or beer? u can buy walmart beer or super cheap ones. there are choices. how did prohibition work out? this is really another issue between the bible thumpers whose gods write books and theism blinds them to most of the common sensed pragmatic world vs the secularists as the overwhelming are in SCANDENAVIA.  that takes precedence over WHITE!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? :
    In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : Silly generalities notwithstanding, have you considered moving?  I don't know all the nuances with respect to Jolly's case, but having travelled and lived around the world, I can tell you with absolute certainty that America's jail and justice systems, while not perfect, do try rehabilitating criminals with more zeal than most other countries.  With respects you "America is sick, sick, sick," again, there are plenty of other places in this great big wide world to call home - perhaps a chance of scenary would suit you best. Well honey I live in Canada and have done 2 years for manslaughter if you think prisons rehabilitate how about inviting me to your house we can have a few drinks and then I start playing prison guard,or heavy see how you like it.
    Posted by Mybologna

Wow, another internet tough guy - just another notch in your lip stick case I suppose.  Please forgive me oh terrifying one for not quivering in my boots.  Given your response, I'm betting you didn't take that two years to improve your education - oh well, perhaps the Canadian prison system needs to improve.  Alas, I don't know the rules for "playing prison guard," but I bet you'd be really, really good at it.  My, how special.  Your future is so bright, you ought to wear shades.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : talking other WESTERN countries/the EU nations or are u trying to sneak in the loser majority and developing nations like china, iran, saudi arabia and all of AFRIC? clearly amongst western countries the US is dead last! i have seen reports on scandenvaian max prisons. it looks like the four seasons. they have personal assistants for massages, catered meals, cable and most have INDIVIDUAL rooms for there is no such thing as overcrowding. they have private drug counseling with private access to the best doctors. also by focusing on hard drug ABUSE rather than wasting everyone's time on persecuting recreational drug use and "softer" drugs, they have less reasons to put most at risk of being criminalized in the freakin region. these extremists talk about smaller government (which i support btw) but only focus on the ECONOMIC 1%. WELL GUESS WHAT, WHEN U WASTE TIME AND resources criminalizing abortions and anything that goes on in a woman's womb (the born child should have full precedence over any child still attached in someone else's womb like humans have precedence over other animals) as well  as criminalizing most things that a person CHOOSES to put into their own body you in effect support BIGGER government. persecuting or legislating morality creates bigger government and more regulations by default in addition to a bloated military. makes the federal government require more taxes, workers and power as a result. one day someone will figure out how to take the best of the right's approach to smaller government and combine it with the best of the left with in a capitalistic framework to create the most perfect union possible. yes to more free but regulated access to guns, yes to more free but regulated access to most drugs, yes to more free but less regulated access to ABORTIONS for those who CHOOSE to go that route for whatever reasn!

You know commy, you're a pretty interesting guy with a truely marketable skill set - to use so much space to say so little - man, have you considered politics?  Nice rant though.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : GFY Douchbag
    Posted by Mybologna

Ah yes, another pearl of wisdom from our northern neighbor Mybologna.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : Ah yes, another pearl of wisdom from our northern neighbor Mybologna.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
    Posted by gr82bme

Why is this even a topic, stupid!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: WAS EX-PACKER JOLLY RACIALIZED +RAILROADED WITH A 6-YEAR SENTENCE? : Why is this even a topic, stupid!
    Posted by Rotorhead

Didn't start the topic "stupid," just responding to a post.  Read and comprehend much brain surgeon?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Anyone who would proudly call themselves a communist is an idiot.  All questions and inquiries by communists are idiotic.  All assertions by communiists are not true.

The record of communism is clear:  evil, murder, war-mongering, enslaving, totalitarian, satanic - it's a real hit list!  Communism succeeded only in developing a system of government WORSE than any other that came before it.

If you are a communist - you are an idiot.  Move to North Korea - it's a workers' paradise.  You can write commentary on the North Korean women's soccer team.  It will be great - you will write one commentary and then you will be arrested and shot.

Have fun with that.

Sections
Shortcuts