Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?

Was this a case of Ochocinco being Ochocinco or was he wrong for doing this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?

Harley, Link didn't work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?:
    Was this a case of Ochocinco being Ochocinco or was he wrong for doing this? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-tries-to-bribe-official-on-repl?urn=nfl ,200914
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

my vote goes to option C: HE'S AN IDIOT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Sometimes people who try to be funny try too hard and cross the line.  He probably wishes he had that joke back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Was this a case of Ochocinco being Ochocinco or was he wrong for doing this? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Ochocinco-tries-to-bribe-official-on-repl?urn=nfl ,200914

I didn't think it was funny..I was almost embarrassed for him when I watched the replay of it. I didn't really even think there was that much wrong with it but I know the NFL will. I'm not saying this to be sarcastic but I actually think this guy could use some professional help. I've never seen anyone that needs attention the way he does. I really thought it was an embarrassment.

By the way..Sending gift baskets with deodorant to the Ravens defense..That was funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I saw no harm in it but the league can't have every joker playin pranks all game long. This isn't wrestling. He should get a reasonable fine for using a prop just to keep it under control. At least the pranks should get better if they're going to cost a player $5,000 or $10,000.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

In Response to Re: Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?:
    Harley, Link didn't work.
    Posted by K-max

Try it now, I put a different link in there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Being in my mid 40s I can remember the 70s and 80s when football was fun...TD dances like the icky woods shuffle, players throwing balls in the stands after TDs...another thing the league has dumped. I liked Chads dollar personally.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

He might be able to achieve greatness as a WR if only he didn't apply so much energy towards being a jester.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

As soon as I saw a dollar bill in his hand, I started laughing. Don't worry, King Goodell will fine him. My God, you can't bribe a 6 year old with a single anymore. Personally, I thought it was funny.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Where's the short circuit in his mind?  I guess he thinks his past will give him a pass on this lame ploy to be funny.  But, we shall see, I think a fine may be on the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I laughed - it's clear the guy was joking around.  It's not like he was waving a $100.  From what I could tell, it was a $1 bill.

Joey Porter should take notes on how to have a big mouth/personality, but still be funny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

When Ocho pulls his next ploy he should have one of those giant size checks on the sideline with Goddell's name on it and he can pull out a sharpie and sign it..
    that would be funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I thought it was great! He's just having a little bit of fun with the game and the league.  His gift basket to the Ravens was even better lol. 

I can't wait to see what he's sending to the Steelers this week; he said it's even better, so i'll be interested in seeing that one. 

I hope he doesn't get a big fine since it was obviously a joke, but I guess NFL stands for No Fun League anymore as some might say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I thought it was funny, I guess some people are just a little too touchy on the issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

It was a joke, personally I found it hilarious, but I can see how some people could take it the wrong way.  I have no doubt that Headmaster Goodell will fine him some obscene amount, dude's had his panties in a bunch ever since he stepped foot into the comish's office.  I'm a huge fan of Chad and don't find anything wrong with what he did, that being said an uptight ref could have gotten upset with it, so I can't say it was a smart move, especially in the current No Fun League.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Was this a case of Ochocinco being Ochocinco or was he wrong for doing this? http://www.examiner.com/x-22708-Sports-Twitter-Examiner~y2009m11d9-Ocho-Cinco-explains-attempted-bribe-of-referee
    He should have had a wad of hundreds... that would have been funnier!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

In Response to Re: Was Ochocinco funny or wrong?:
    [QUOTE]When Ocho pulls his next ploy he should have one of those giant size checks on the sideline with Goddell's name on it and he can pull out a sharpie and sign it.. that would be funny.
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE

Ah yes Harley. You've done it again. That would be very funny!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Chad Johnson might be the most entertaining player in Football. Though I'm sure he'll be fined,I don't think it should be a big fine,in fact I think his fine should be 1.01. I picked that number because it's exactly one cent more than the Bribe.
    The worst part of the attempted bribe is others actually bribe the basterds but they never get caught,Ochocinco at least tried to bribe the referee up front...LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In real life, it's pretty funny.

But in the NFL, which works very hard at pretending gambling does not exist, the subject matter of this particular salvo from Ocho is not within the scope of what might be considered . . .

umm . . .

jokeable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

The Bengals have two playbooks. One for the team, and one for Chad's celebrations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1165. Show Mike1165's posts

I chuckled, but a big reason for that is because the NFL works so hard to clamp down on any individual expression from its players.  So anytime anyone does anything to remotely rock the boat I appreciate it, even if the gag isn't all that great in of itself.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I thought it was funny. Sometimes I do think he is a bit obnoxious though. I sure wouldnt want his antics on my team. But I will say sending the Ravens deodorant was pretty funny

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Caraway, he crossed the line? really? come on guys have a sense of humor the guy was clearly just having some fun with the ref. I love Chad Ochocinco and cant wait to see him do this same exact stuff when he is a Patriot cause its only a matter of time before he comes to NE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i feel really bad for anyone who took that seriously and didnt find it funny

Sections
Shortcuts