Was the interception Pass interference?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Was the interception Pass interference?

Blackburn pulls gronk behind him, and then makes the catch

Look at the extension of blackburns arm to move gronk from where he was, thats classic interferance right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Was the interception Pass interference?

Huh? I have no idea what you are seeing. Gronk put his arm on Blackburn and he swatted Gronks away... Brady underthrew the ball. Gronk did not fight for it (like he could have if he was 100%). You are really grasping at straws here. Both players were hand fighting the whole time. Gronk has no more right to extend his arms to move Blackburn...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He didn't impede Gronk from making a play on the ball and was himself making a play on the ball. It was a clean interception. A healthy Gronk would have boxed him out or if Brady threw it a bit longer and not a duck Gronk could of made a play on it. Bad decision to toss the ball and a poor throw on top of it. That's all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice idea, but I don't think so. The mistake was in throwing the pass to begin with.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YankeeBill. Show YankeeBill's posts

In Response to Was the interception Pass interference?:
    [QUOTE]Blackburn pulls gronk behind him, and then makes the catch http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N5snDQnd_Mw#t=60s Look at the extension of blackburns arm to move gronk from where he was, thats classic interferance right?
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Even if it was, the SBC Giants had two of the same no calls against them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This one is a big time reach.  That play showed how limited Gronk was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

No. Just like the play Sterling Moore made was not pass interference.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

dont try and blame the refs. makes you look weak

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

If you are looking for pass interference look to the Patriots secondary that benefited on two blatant no calls last night. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Blackburn pulls gronk behind him, and then makes the catch http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N5snDQnd_Mw#t=60s Look at the extension of blackburns arm to move gronk from where he was, thats classic interferance right?
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

In a word: NO

Brady under threw the ball. If it was longer, and Gronk didn't have to come back and fight for the ball OVER Blackburn, it'd be a different story. 

Now, let's all stop whining about what "may" have cost the Pats the game. Let's say that I had a Patriot WR Morning: I dropped my keys, I dropped my bagel, I dropped my laptop....... Think the "dropsies" MAY have been a significant contributor?

Oh, and for teh yahoo posting about all those "whiners" complaining abut eh Patriot defense last week...... Let's hear how very snug, safe, and comfortable YOU were when, with 4 minutes left, Eli took the field. "No way they're gonna score!" you wee bragging, right?? Seems to me that the #31 defense showed up at that ppoint. Great catch or no, you NEVER let a WR get behind you on with a lead of less than 3. NEVER!  Yessir,  YOU ae the true genius about that defense thing. After going up 17-12, they NEVR got a three and out, which a goor defense would do. Something about "momentum".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Gronk should have leveled the guy. We don't have smart receivers when it comes to protecting the ball in situations like that. Perhaps it is a chink in the armor of the coaching.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Bring in the clowns. At least a few were bound to appear. Back in 2008, a few sore loser Pats fans were circulating a petition on the internet to replay the last 2 minutes of the game because they claimed the officials stopped the clock (effectively giving the Giants a time out) as they were determining the placement of the ball for a first down on their last TD drive. This time, Brady had the ball and 57 seconds to drive for a winning TD. Like the last SB loss, he couldn't get it done.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Was the interception Pass interference?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Was the interception Pass interference? : Bring in the clowns. At least a few were bound to appear. Back in 2008, a few sore loser Pats fans were circulating a petition on the internet to replay the last 2 minutes of the game because they claimed the officials stopped the clock (effectively giving the Giants a time out) as they were determining the placement of the ball for a first down on their last TD drive. This time, Brady had the ball and 57 seconds to drive for a winning TD. Like the last SB loss, he couldn't get it done.
    Posted by CommChairman[/QUOTE]

Hernandez drop was costly on that drive. 80 yards in 57 seconds is a tall order.

Of course if the D gets the stop in the last minute this is moot anyway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Gronk should have leveled the guy. We don't have smart receivers when it comes to protecting the ball in situations like that. Perhaps it is a chink in the armor of the coaching.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Gronk was already falling backwards on a bad ankle to begin with. There was no chance he could have leveled the guy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was the interception Pass interference? : Hernandez drop was costly on that drive. 80 yards in 57 seconds is a tall order. Of course if the D gets the stop in the last minute this is moot anyway.

The point is that almost everyone - including the Giants - expected Brady to work his magic, and it was surprising to again see that he couldn't. (The Giants screwed up by scoring too quickly and leaving too much time on the clock for Brady.) In 2008, after the Giant go ahead TD, I expected that Brady would cooly position the ball for a tying field goal on his last drive . He had 35 seconds and 3 timeouts - why not? He lost his composure and just went for the winning home run with Moss. In this game, Brady had 57 seconds for a second shot at immortality. Fans just have to accept that Brady in reality is not the clutch magician that we often credit him as being.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was the interception Pass interference? : Hernandez drop was costly on that drive. 80 yards in 57 seconds is a tall order. Of course if the D gets the stop in the last minute this is moot anyway.

We wouldn't have needed 80 yards if not for the safety

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

No

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]
    I wish Gronk has the foresight to grab Blackburn and prevent him from even making a play.  I am surprised Gronk did not get better position on Blackburn because you could tell he sees the pass is underthrown.

Sections
Shortcuts