Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bennyboy444. Show Bennyboy444's posts

Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense?

Tom Brady is currently saying that he liked the fact that they had the chance to win the game with the call... yet the Pats obviously could have been conservative and punted it and had the defense win. Brady also said he likes that coach "had faith in us".

I think was showing that he had no faith in the defense.  Belichick was basically showing that he wanted the Patriots to win THEN, because he thought that regardless of where the Colts offense had the ball, the Pats defense could not stop them.

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Re: Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense?

The defense blow...just as it did in the 2006 AFC game, just as it did in 2007 and just as it did in 2008. Defense lost this game for us - hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, i have rewinded that 4th down play 25 times and Faulk clearly had control of the ball beyond the 1st down marker!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all knew this BS call would come at the end!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense?:
    Tom Brady is currently saying that he liked the fact that they had the chance to win the game with the call... yet the Pats obviously could have been conservative and punted it and had the defense win. Brady also said he likes that coach "had faith in us". I think was showing that he had no faith in the defense.  Belichick was basically showing that he wanted the Patriots to win THEN, because he thought that regardless of where the Colts offense had the ball, the Pats defense could not stop them. What do you think?
    Posted by Bennyboy444

BOTH

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2027860. Show user_2027860's posts

I think Belichick played the card he was dealt. To be honest the root of the problem was the lack of a game closing running game. The D was out there too long and wore down as the 4th qtr went along. Maroney's fumble was the real killer in all of this. With that being said, PLEASE SIGN LARRY JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Maroney's f-up was critical.  The kid is a major loser.  If you talk to him please relay to him that I hear that tap dancers are in great demand 'round these parts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfrombc. Show marcfrombc's posts

In Response to Re: Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense?:
    In Response to Was this faith in offense or NO FAITH in defense? : BOTH
    Posted by seattlepat70

You are correct. I had the same reaction to Brady's "faith" remark. If the Pats were further down field I could've seen Belichick's reasoning better, but they were too damn close to their own end zone. Also, they blew a timeout doing this which kept them from challenging the spot of the ball. I actually think Faulk made it despite the bobble of the ball.

Sections
Shortcuts