Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him?

This may have been addressed in other discussions, but I don't see how Thomas could possibly think he could get away with what he said. Coach has obviously had problems with him in the past already, and comments like these only make the relationship worse. 

There have been a few posters here defending Thomas and being critical of BB, but like it or not, BELICHICK IS THE BOSS. If Thomas doesn't want to feel like a kindergartner, TOUGH. Take your punishment and shut the heck up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him?

In Response to Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him?:
    [QUOTE]This may have been addressed in other discussions, but I don't see how Thomas could possibly think he could get away with what he said. Coach has obviously had problems with him in the past already, and comments like these only make the relationship worse.  There have been a few posters here defending Thomas and being critical of BB, but like it or not, BELICHICK IS THE BOSS. If Thomas doesn't want to feel like a kindergartner, TOUGH. Take your punishment and shut the heck up.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly why is Thomas wrong?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Showed up late to work. I get in trouble if I do it, so should he.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him?:
    [QUOTE]Showed up late to work. I get in trouble if I do it, so should he.
    Posted by Bergzilla[/QUOTE]

well, how late were you for work? Did you have inclement weather at the time like in Boston. Did you call and tell your supervisor you were going to be late or follow the protocol for such occurence per your corporate policy?

Apparently, AT DID follow protocol by calling, it was bad weather, AND he was just 10 minutes late.  Let's say there are 4 games left in the regular season AND each game is pretty close to being a must win game. Are you going to risk the whole season because several players were late IN BAD WEATHER - or are you going to get into a pi**ing contest for no good reason?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Nope, did not call. I was a big boy and looked at the weather and knew to leave early. And I make less than 50 grand a year.

Not a pi**ing contest. The defense has been sloppy and has missed assignments. The D needs to kicked! This might make everyone a bit more attentive. Either way there needs to be discipline. Maybe this is not AT first tardy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Nope, did not call. I was a big boy and looked at the weather and knew to leave early. And I make less than 50 grand a year. Not a pi**ing contest. The defense has been sloppy and has missed assignments. The D needs to kicked! This might make everyone a bit more attentive. Either way there needs to be discipline. Maybe this is not AT first tardy?
    Posted by Bergzilla[/QUOTE]

So, let's take some things into context here - the Patriot's entire season may be on the line if we don't win our next game. So, think of this as a corporate project with 4 projects - the first project which has a 1 week deadline.

If I were the boss and had this kind of a deadline - and a player on my staff was 10 minutes late - and had followed company policy by calling to let me know - would I send him home so that he could NOT participate in completing a project on time?  Nope.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : well, how late were you for work? Did you have inclement weather at the time like in Boston. Did you call and tell your supervisor you were going to be late or follow the protocol for such occurence per your corporate policy? Apparently, AT DID follow protocol by calling, it was bad weather, AND he was just 10 minutes late.  Let's say there are 4 games left in the regular season AND each game is pretty close to being a must win game. Are you going to risk the whole season because several players were late IN BAD WEATHER - or are you going to get into a pi**ing contest for no good reason?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

BB is addressing "LACK OF DISCIPLINE AND COMMITMENT which are both needed to win games!  If you think it's about being 10 minutes late you are..........silly!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : BB is addressing "LACK OF DISCIPLINE AND COMMITMENT which are both needed to win games!  If you think it's about being 10 minutes late you are..........silly!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY - yet it is BB who used this as a terrible excuse to instill discipline and commitment. Don't you think it's kind of desparate? Ummm, shouldn't this have already happened?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : well, how late were you for work? Did you have inclement weather at the time like in Boston. Did you call and tell your supervisor you were going to be late or follow the protocol for such occurence per your corporate policy? Apparently, AT DID follow protocol by calling, it was bad weather, AND he was just 10 minutes late.  Let's say there are 4 games left in the regular season AND each game is pretty close to being a must win game. Are you going to risk the whole season because several players were late IN BAD WEATHER - or are you going to get into a pi**ing contest for no good reason?

Bubba,
    I understand what you are saying in principal. I am of the belief that these four guys being missing from practice isn't going to cost us the game this week. If we win, would you say that Belichick did the right thing? He did tell the players that it was time to put in overtime this week. If he didn't do anything what would that say about his authority? I don't think that AT or any of the other guys should have taken it personally but I understand why AT did..He's a repeat offender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : Bubba, I understand what you are saying in principal. I am of the belief that these four guys being missing from practice isn't going to cost us the game this week. If we win, would you say that Belichick did the right thing? He did tell the players that it was time to put in overtime this week. If he didn't do anything what would that say about his authority? I don't think that AT or any of the other guys should have taken it personally but I understand why AT did..He's a repeat offender.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

I don't think that the outcome of this game will have much to do with this single decision. Either the Patriots are going to be prepared to win - or they are not.

But on the other hand - what is the player's perception on BB's decision. Do THEY think it was stupid? Do THEY think the lost the dolphins game because of BB's decision to go on 4th and short vs. taking a field goal? Do THEY think BB lost the game vs. the Colts? 

Unfortunately, I think this another decision that will have a greater negative impact if it goes awry....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : EXACTLY - yet it is BB who used this as a terrible excuse to instill discipline and commitment. Don't you think it's kind of desparate? Ummm, shouldn't this have already happened?

Why is this a terrible excuse?  He stressed this very thing the day before.
    When you catch a previously potty trained puppy peeing on the floor, you swat them on the butt right then.....not prior to or afterwards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

It would be one thing if AT were late and was leading the team in tackles, and was a leader on the field but he's neither and so he should shut his yap and worry about how he's going to justify the sick amount of jack the Patriots pay him and avoid being labeled the biggest FA flop in Patriots history.  AT should be thankful he's still an NFL player.   

50+ other players managed to make it to work on time.  No excuses. 

Don't need motivation?  Think it's childish?  What gets you up in the morning AT?  Money?  Obviously it isn't getting a ring.  I guess getting paid and mailing it in is good enough for you but thank God that isn't good enough for the likes of Vrabel, Bruschi, Brady, and others who trusted their leadership and set the example and were rewarded for their efforts with 3 championship rings. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : I don't think that the outcome of this game will have much to do with this single decision. Either the Patriots are going to be prepared to win - or they are not. But on the other hand - what is the player's perception on BB's decision. Do THEY think it was stupid? Do THEY think the lost the dolphins game because of BB's decision to go on 4th and short vs. taking a field goal? Do THEY think BB lost the game vs. the Colts?  Unfortunately, I think this another decision that will have a greater negative impact if it goes awry....
    Yeah, we should get rid of Belichick and keep AD.  BB makes too many bad decisions and treats his players like kindegartners.  Show him the door.  I'm sure the Jets would be right there to grab him up so they can kick the Pat's butts every season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Bubba- what happened did only 4 players have bad weather in their areas of town?  ONLY an azz can accept the excuse that the weather made the guy late.
    If he left 10 minutes earlier (because the weather was bad) then he would have been there on time.  People like you, just want the world handed to you on a platter... THE BOSS SAID 8:00- not 8:10.  50 people made it.... and the others did not.  Three of the four who did not make it- realized that they are required to do what the boss says or be disciplined.  ONE of them is an attitude case- who is way overpaid.. and needs to STFU. It is too bad that they cannot make a case for him being detrimental to the team and void the remained of his contract.  His play has not been worth a vial of camel dung- and his LOSER attitude is worth even less.  AT needs to go....Losers always blame the world around them when they are unable to meet their committments... LOSERS are not necessary in a winning franchise- so AMF Adailiass....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Oh, is AT pushing to be traded?  He better be.  He's needs to cut his loses and get paid, errrr traded somewhere else.  Hey, I hear Washington overpays players to underachieve.

AT ranks 347th in the NFL in tackles.  Wow!  Need motivation?  How about playing to the level they expected of someone who makes as much as AT makes.

How many LBs, including some Rookies, are playing better than AT for FAR LESS than he makes.  This guy's a bum.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

You're missing the point. BB needs to maintain discipline. All the rest of the team members were able to be on time, except Guyton, Moss, Thomas and Burgess.

Compare and contrast how Burgess dealt with being sent home, with how Thomas behaved. His being late is just another symptom of his bad attitude. Remember, he's shot off his mouth off before...and BB has already sat him down due to his poor play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I don't think sittin AT will effect the W-L colum, he's had plenty of chances this year and he's proved he's more trouble than worth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Was Thomas pushing Belichick to trade him? : I don't think that the outcome of this game will have much to do with this single decision. Either the Patriots are going to be prepared to win - or they are not. But on the other hand - what is the player's perception on BB's decision. Do THEY think it was stupid? Do THEY think the lost the dolphins game because of BB's decision to go on 4th and short vs. taking a field goal? Do THEY think BB lost the game vs. the Colts?  Unfortunately, I think this another decision that will have a greater negative impact if it goes awry....

Yeah you know what. This is one of those gray areas like when Glenn got suspended. Either the team backs Belichick and responds well or they back AT and things go down hill. I'm hoping for the former over the latter

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

As expected, the Patriots side of this one has been hushed.  Consider that there's a lot more going on that what gets published.  If I were a betting man, I'd wager that BB had factored much more than sheer tardiness into his decision to send players home.  Of course, team members would be aware of the situation.  The worse thing a player could do is to decry and mock the coach through the media.  Personally, I would prefer to see this brand of defience on the field, aimed at the opposing team(s).  Perhaps, this was a misdirection of moxy?  Methinks.

Sections
Shortcuts