Watching from afar....random thoughts on the AH Situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

Watching from afar....random thoughts on the AH Situation

I am overseas & I do not get all of the news blitz from the media. I have been following the AH situation since the "OJ redue 1994' occured last Monday.  Trying to make sense of this case  well certainly has created a vast amount of opinions to the point it is hard to know what to believe. Who did what, where, when, & how is all circumstantial at best & to be honest the truth may never be known.

• My European wife always comments on how media 'sensationalizes' the events as opposed to neutral reporting. From what I have been reading online the media focus has been probably 80% geared towards AH whilst perhaps 20% attributed to gentleman who was killed. I think there is a little to much CSI out there these days...

• As a parent I cannot imagine how the parents of slain person must feel. Can any parents out there imagine that somebody shoots your child in the back of the head? I mean a bloody execution & all the media does is talk mostly about TE issues, cap concerns, or even Goodal suspending AH.

• What is wrong with the media camping out in front of AH house? Why don't they go camp out in projects & actually help detract from more crimes occuring? The Police are not talking nor is AH just leave the guy alone & let the due process takes it course.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Watching from afar....random thoughts on the AH Situation

In response to KUL00's comment:

I am overseas & I do not get all of the news blitz from the media. I have been following the AH situation since the "OJ redue 1994' occured last Monday.  Trying to make sense of this case  well certainly has created a vast amount of opinions to the point it is hard to know what to believe. Who did what, where, when, & how is all circumstantial at best & to be honest the truth may never be known.

• My European wife always comments on how media 'sensationalizes' the events as opposed to neutral reporting. From what I have been reading online the media focus has been probably 80% geared towards AH whilst perhaps 20% attributed to gentleman who was killed. I think there is a little to much CSI out there these days...

• As a parent I cannot imagine how the parents of slain person must feel. Can any parents out there imagine that somebody shoots your child in the back of the head? I mean a bloody execution & all the media does is talk mostly about TE issues, cap concerns, or even Goodal suspending AH.

• What is wrong with the media camping out in front of AH house? Why don't they go camp out in projects & actually help detract from more crimes occuring? The Police are not talking nor is AH just leave the guy alone & let the due process takes it course.

I am sad to say that it seems we can no longer do that in the US. The erosion of civilization in this country has gotten to the point that no one cares about neutral reporting if it gets in the way of making a buck or causing a click. We also can no longer wait for the facts to become known, we must generate our opinions and condemn people so we can say "I told you so" when the facts do come out. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, agreed.  Let the due process take it's course and justice will prevail, just like in the OJ trial.  Good thing we locked up that murderer.

[/QUOTE]

The man takes time to write his opinion down and you pick one sentence out of context and show your a&&. Truly classless. 

I agree with you KU.  Far too often events that occur everyday all over the world get ignored because the offender or victim aren't high profile individuals. In the instance they are famous, every little action or non action gets speculated on and psyco analyzed by everybody on multiple media outlets. It's like a mass smear campaign with little to no factual basis. Being a parent, I couldn't imagine being in that scenario having to see all the nonsense people put out there.  No matter how this event shakes out, it's a horrible situation for everyone involved. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry

I make my living off the Evening News
    Just give me something-something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
    I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
    Come and whisper in my ear
    Give us dirty laundry

Dirty little secrets dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
    We love to cut you down to size
    We love dirty laundry

We can do "The Innuendo" we can dance and sing
    When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
    We all know that Crap is King
    Give us dirty laundry!

Kick 'em when they're up
    Kick 'em when they're down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We want information and we want it now.  We live in a 24 hour news cycle world.  Believe me if the news stations didn't make money covering these "events" they wouldn't be there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, agreed.  Let the due process take it's course and justice will prevail, just like in the OJ trial.  Good thing we locked up that murderer.

[/QUOTE]

The man takes time to write his opinion down and you pick one sentence out of context and show your a&&. Truly classless. 

I agree with you KU.  Far too often events that occur everyday all over the world get ignored because the offender or victim aren't high profile individuals. In the instance they are famous, every little action or non action gets speculated on and psyco analyzed by everybody on multiple media outlets. It's like a mass smear campaign with little to no factual basis. Being a parent, I couldn't imagine being in that scenario having to see all the nonsense people put out there.  No matter how this event shakes out, it's a horrible situation for everyone involved. 

[/QUOTE]

That's how this board rolls now. There are those who are respectful and want to simply post their opinions and there are those who believe they are sports writers....always picking on the one or two comments that they believe they can "shred" and aaaaaway we go. The guy has been on here longer than 3/4 of the board and he throws out his view and it takes a handful of replies before someone is trying to act like a pompous fool.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for your perspective, KUL00.  It does appear to be but one more media tsunami that would make a feeding frenzy on the Serengeti pale by comparison. (Can I mix a metaphor or what?)

I often chuckle at the media's steadfast insistence that they 'do not determine the news, merely report it' when in reality they do exactly that by determining which news to report.  A free press is one thing; this does appear to be quite another.

Sections
Shortcuts