Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film

In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film:
    In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : Excellent assesment Laz, and your right, in that second picture Brady is standing much more upright as if to pass. Thanks for taking the time to write all of this, very good read, excellent information. 
    Posted by sporter81

What a bunch of baloney that is, he's standing with his hands between the centers legs like he always is. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Prolate - do you have the All-22 cam for the Welker drop in the Super Bowl?  Can you post pics?  What is the coverage at the moment Brady releases the ball?
    Posted by Mighty2013

I hate to see that play again but it would be good to see the coverage, it looked like he was wide open but who knows. Maybe Brady threw it where he did to avoid a pick. 

Either way its a new season and this is going to be the Patriots year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Prolate - do you have the All-22 cam for the Welker drop in the Super Bowl?  Can you post pics?  What is the coverage at the moment Brady releases the ball?
    Posted by Mighty2013

Oh boy, here we go again Undecided

I've posted a sequence of four.  The first is just before the release, the second about the time of the release.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And here's one from the endzone angle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From the coaches film it's pretty obvious that Welker's route is straight up the numbers.  Brady could have hit him in stride by throwing the ball at the 20 yard line number.  But would the safety have gotten there first? Brady's throw was conservative, maybe too much so, but do you risk an interception there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film":
    From the coaches film it's pretty obvious that Welker's route is straight up the numbers.  Brady could have hit him in stride by throwing the ball at the 20 yard line number.  But would the safety have gotten there first? Brady's throw was conservative, maybe too much so, but do you risk an interception there? Posted by prolate0spheroid
    We risked an interception by throwing the ball 27 yards in the air when we needed 5 or 6 to get a managable 3rd down...with 4 minutes to play AND the lead in the SB!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to "Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film": We risked an interception by throwing the ball 27 yards in the air when we needed 5 or 6 to get a managable 3rd down...with 4 minutes to play AND the lead in the SB!
    Posted by TrueChamp

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about that play call either. I understand going for the jugular but at that point in the biggest game of the year I was hoping for something more conservative and time consuming. A couple of runs on first and 2nd to maybe set up 3rd and 2 ( or better) with under 3 minutes left in the game. 

Just my opinion though, I'm not a coach and never will be. I think that Brady is great and thought that any problems that they had offensively were mostly a result of questionable play calling by OBrien. I think that Josh is going to have this offense playing at its full potential.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Note:  The positive part starts up after the "~~~"...Personally, I'd probably just skip right to that if I was a reader right here.

Thank you for the shout, mthurl
    Ma6dragon- Any withdrawal of something that'cha find any degree of satisfaction, self-worth, and/or comfort in- Svx...  But any & all of the effects based off inspirings of any single aspect which cannot be tallied on the final profit margin, any 1 thing which can be afforded from the non-material, is at it stands at this very moment of time, viewed as a superfluous afterthought which should have no bearing and has no place within those hardened figures which get placed into the equation of life, idealogue, and personal ideal.  As the euphemism of defeat which has been applied into the common vernacular to ever more & more increasing degrees, goes: "It is what it is."  Hopeful, right, LOL!?!  I'm not so certain that we can ever hope to prove to those whom do not believe it plays any aspect in the humanity & commonality of mankind, that there is either more strength which holds the whole sh#th#le together through faith & hope, verses profit line, nor that the homeless bvm sittin' on the hot street & begging his way towards 5 or 10 bucks after 8 hours, if given the choice, would choose to do this verses working at a job which can provide him with enough of a living wage that he can both make rent AND eat.  N'eh?  Things fall apart...and the reason is that the center cannot hold.  Unfortunately Yeats never saw the need to elucidate whether or not the center corp consists anything more than net material wealth &/or gain.
         Like I said, "It is what it is."  ...And I expect nothing less than these ideas to be viewed in the light of the jealous rants of a madman who is too lazy to get a 100k a year paying job.

Digger...Are those celebratory fireworks or lights over atop of Sodom?  In either event (lol), I trully DO appreciate the sentiment man.

Lol, Sod...?  Sod, people are in zero way (apparently it certainly appears)- difficult to deceive.  He!!, The GOP and Mitt Romney are making a case out of Obama's remarks to small business owners that "they DID have help."  Play off their senses of of entitlement based on unfitting remarks discounting their hard work...  For, It shall be better Earth once we begin to recognize that small business owners did not receive the benefits of any tax breaks, any restrictions which might have helped to curtail any larger business gaining a monopoly on their areas of trade, nor the random fruits based afforded through a successful greater national economic outlook during that business's start-up...  Make the leap of critical analyises here folks.  

Thanx bobbysu; (Do you ever say anything passionately negative and condescending, bobbysu?  Idk, it's- Well, personally at least, I find this to be just a such a disagreeable trait in other people <j/k>) 

Shenanigan, IF I can't hope to convince you the accuracy of Belichick's defensive vs Offensive player Total Draft Count since 2006...when I broke it down by O Vs D by Round...AND by year- I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that I don't believe I have a chance in he!! to convince you that either:
    A> The Giants Linebackers aren't reacting to where they already sense play-direction to be heading just prior to the snap,
    And/Or-
    B> The Giants linebackers ARE reacting, and the reason is not because there are any giveaway "tells" by NE's Offense...but because they have ESP.  Alright?  YOU say right here that it's due to Unions, Occupy Wallstreet, or Obamacare...And I'LL sign off on your premise without even battin' an eye any longer.  And I ain't jokin' either (that's about where my faith is).

Prolate, sorry to include you in that "4 horsemen" comment on my first OP...  It ain't you, It's Me.  I have a bare minimum of tolerance towards those whom play favorites based on any single event, minus that 1 specific play in question...Most people assign accolades and/or blame based on larger measures of past accomplishments.  Not me...I'm neurotic, detail-oriented, exacting...a f##k!ng hopeless cause.  The worst is that with the grosser and grosser forms of excusitory, I end up attempting to beat back what I believe is the limited viewpoint which is based on the generalizing, not the specific case in question.  -And I end up becoming exactly what I wanted to set myself up as a bulwark to curb, A person who plays favorites and is less and less objective in his non-partisaned viewpoints, himself.  It svx.

~~~

TrueChamp (and of course I hope is unconditionally understood, "ALL")-

There is ZERO denying what this Offensive Blueprint (IF excercised correctly) just might mean.  Revolutionary...  Yep. 
    Try to best Belichick's and McDaniel's Design, under the scope of this very same qualifier, Right HERE (A challenge posed to ALL):  
         ~Attempt to come up with a better Offensive Look, based on the principles of utilizing the greatest degree of the same set of O personell positional sameness when/by using the greatest degree afforded by the same number of individual O performers on the field of play play after play, WHICH- Can offer up the greatest degree of looks that can give a Real and True threat in equally proportions of either being big enough and powerful enough in base scheme to Run the Ball, YET be afford the speed, open-field maneuverability and has the greatest degree of skill-set performers and weapons, To offer the greatest degree of very real and recognizable threat to Pass the Ball.

Terrifying, right?

Just....such a pretty brilliantly diverse idea for a base single Offensive look, that can do SO much, while attempting to shortchange it's functions and useability and limit itself in any Offensive area of gameplay, Soo little...wow.  Ya really, just HAVE to respect what this thing could do if excercised correctly, and the successes that this thing will bring in the end, if consistantly adhered to in a steadfast way early on.
         Like I said, there are 2 keys here- Brady doing the little things, and accepting the fact that he's gonna get a little dirtier and in almost all probability, have lesser passing massive numbers (and no doubt about it: More work with Less individual fanfare, is sorta a hard sell to any & every human being that has ever walked this earth).  2- The #2 TE vs FB role-  Man...  You are attemting to intertwine a concept that doesn't break the back of Hernandez, a player whose role and gameplay in every stage all through college and the pros, has been tailored and refined within the designs of A #2 (and in retrospect, this is the A#1 criterion needed from the get-go)- Pass-catching TE role, WAY more to that of what the traditional fullback role has morphed into through the 80's, 90's and half of this decade, of being a solely 1 dimesional wrecking ball of a lead-blocker for the RB.  Lol...And with your wrecking ball fullbacks who've probably ALL combined to catch perhaps 10 or so passed balls in their pro careers, all combined in all their tenures in the league combined...=THESE guys you're attempting to turn into at least the barest of minimums in the pass-catching threat department, ala Hernandez.  
         ^ Easier said than done. 

I've been hard on Brady, relative to this subject in particular in relation to what I witnessed after DVR'ing The Pats preseason game (Q: Ya wanna know how long it takes a fanatic to breakdown 1 2 hour long preseason game #1, in total time?  A: However long <not good at 1st grade math> it is in total span of time between the 7:30p.m. kickoff time, to when the final whistle when he shut off his direct tv and went directly to bed @ 3:30 in the am...minus 1 p#ss break).

I will say this on Brady...THAT sideline timing pattern sent to Brandon Lloyd's way wherein Lloyd was just 1 fraction of a milisecond late in looking up in time to get his hands up in order to make a play on Brady's pass...JESUS...  THAT pass- Well, I'd be willing to take a bet that if you offered up a challenge to NFL QBs that you had to throw the football, AND hit a 4.5 running 40 in overall speed moving target 20 yards+ away, And the bullseye window was a target zone slightly larger than a grapefruit...such as 2 palms cupped together= I'd bet Tom Brady could hit it...with disturbingly exact regularity too.
         That pass was a laser that you DO NOT see from QBs whom are anything less than Once-in-a-Generation, Greatest of the greats.  Watching this degree of preciseness in slo-mo, was simply THAT much more disturbing to me in respect to ANY-one's ability to place the ball where and how and completely perfect like that.  If ya tvo'd the game, go back.

~

NE's DefenseSICKIt will- be- sick.  I- I-  Look, I've made no past claims on NE's Overall D outlook in recent times (individual performers on the otherhand, PLENTY of times).  I'll make 1 now:  IF NE's O can simply afford NE's D ANY degree of a few TOP dominating games, Or even series in a game, or even if just earlier on the 1st half (and I ain't sayin' they have not, did not, nor will do in the future)- I'm solely saying that this small allowance, WILL show that this D is not dominant...But GREAT.  If they do not, this Defense will STILL be dominant <now is the time for varying trolls to cut and paste these words in their scrapbooks in desperate hopes to use in the future> 
    *** <Look ^ Above>
    See?  Here's the asterik & reminder for this, just so ya don't forget & subsequently overlook such a cherry opportunity to attempt to undermine after ya reach the bottom of the page (few hours from now)

Mayo- Been hard on him til now...It was warranted.  'Least in my exacting formula for what it means to constitute being a game-changer...a play-direction-changing, big individual playmaking dominant defender.  Mayo was always a precise tactician.  If Mayo has the open-look on tackling a ball-carrier in the open grounds...that ball-carrier will make it by Mayo once- Once in 7 trillion times.  Homeboy's surgical when wrappin' up a guy and sending him to the turf.  Now, He looks like he can finally hurt and make the runner wish he never went that way in the process (If it helps, picture Mayo less as a doctor surgeon these days...he's now more slosely to Steve Martin's version of a Dental Surgeon in Little Shop of Horrors).

^ C'we call our D unit this if they start dishin' out some serious punishment?

With Mayo's unbelievably more physical boost in his play (seriously, RE-watch Mayo in preseason game #1), + seeing at so many times last year, the way Spikes would go hail-mail, full-force brain-damage, like watching a canonade penetrating & blowing up a small section of the O-Line's rampart on plays, + Hightower...yeeghhhh- 
    ONCE Hightower gets up to speed and recognizes internally that he's got enough size, speed, strength and swagger, that he trully does have zero fear in his play vs his opponents (and living up to it's abilities) in the pro game, And this could be like watching 3 wrecking-ball volleys blowing up a wall.  That is to say...these guys are gonna start dishing out punishment & destruction, as opposed to solely viewing their total skills, abilities, and overall task, As that of being solely a slowdown, speed-bump stop-gap to their opponent, and for their own Offensive Unit's sake.  
         And Hightower WILL get up to speed...Zero reason to even insinuate otherwise- Surrounded by Spikes and a now ripped Mayo + We know that this WAS purely his brand of game leading 'bama's #1 D- the fact that Hightower was indeed playing on his heels, BIG-time...still shouldn't give rise to the slightest worries through any reasonable concern whatsoever that this recognition won't become a total afterthought in the very immediate future) 

~

Here's another guy that has taken his game to a new level:  Matthew Slater.  Based on his play up until that very point in time (2012 Preseason game 1)- I saw nothing close to being worthy in Slater's game, to give him a pro-bowl bid last season...  Heck, maybe Belichick & Kraft bought Slater a pro-bowl bid...'Cause now & as a Result?  =THIS guy comes down on Special Teams with 1 intention: To kill and/or "just" Maim.  
    ~In otherwords, and thus in consideration of the fact that Belichick seems to go out of his way, to take just 1 2nd level player in his skill-set, whom has looked to have finally taken his game on this team, to the next level...and cutting him at the end of camp.  Lol, Now that Slater has recognizably made that final successful leap in elevating his play in such a noticeably apparent way, look for him to get the boot.

Chandler Jones doesn't look like some freak mutation of Size + Athleticism, right?  Someone compared him to Kearse in his physical look...to me, that just about nails it.  "Freak" is just 'bout right.  You should not be that athletic, and that balanced, and that long & manueverable, and that fast in your extreme force, at THAT size.  Haha...and he smiles in deferential humility when he's given the rook task of carrying the pads of vet players off the practice field.  Chandler Jones looks like he's Michael Strahan's and Julius Pepper's love-child.  Built like the bricks##thouse of strength and muscle and mass, like dad...long, athletic, and agile like Ma. 
       Indeed, I'm actually beginning to DIS-like him (lol...I'll wait til he starts up some non-profit charities and adopts some children of genocide victims, before expressing my sentiments full-force on him further).

~

Final "of note" to NATE SOLDER:  I was hoping for a boy....I was all-set to call him "Gabe Carimi."  Chicago stole my child, and after he solidified 1/2 of their disturbingly bad O-Line last year and got injured in the process, Chicago threw my kid back out for further injury a week later (Bears for some reason, actually want to hurt their own players more than the opponents, it very much appears, too often).  Now, he's back and looking sick...  So PLEASE, Nate Solder...I promise to never speak of the unbelievably fantastic OT I wanted so badly, IF (and only "if")- Ya take some yoga classes or somethin' for chris'sakes...JESUS man?!?  Do you have ANY balance?!?  You are OURS now, and Us Pats Fans will get f##k!ng Mr. Meyagi on the horn, and foot the bill, If it means that you can somehow gain enough balance not to get thrown down on the ground while overreaching on every single play!?!  I know O-Line is a pretty thankless job, but MAN?!?  Watching just this 1 preseason game, I saw that'cha didn't have enough balance in space to react to a D-Lineman in pass-protection...while coupling this aspect with not having enough force to seal off a FREAK!NG Secondary Defensive Player in zone run-blocking.  Soooo, where does this leave us?  Lol...Come ON man, lol!  Yoga, Medicine balls, etc.- I beg you...please at least entertain the notions of what these lines of training might give to your game, o.k.?  If you do, I pledge to never utter Gabe carimi & Nate Solder in the same post ever again (my word).

Devin McCourty-  Guys, I wish I could convince and show some of you folks, just how complete this kid's game is, and what it brings as an added factor to the entire D Unit...I do.  2 plays from Preseason Game 1 can hope to illustrate the full-depth of what this kid's game offers into the whole unit- 1 (btw, BB had him Dave Thomas most of the night <1st half when he played w/ 1st team>...he shut him down)-  1 pass...I counted 1 successful pass play to his man, and you can rewind and rewind and rewind- Same thing happened last year (Buffalo game)- The backfield Safety came up and tore through DMC and DMC's coverage assignment (go and watch, it was a middle of the field catch in the latter 2nd Quarter I'm pretty certain)- Same apply- DMC on the otherside of where he started after getting hit by his own Safety, Safety on the ground, and the receiver with the ball in his hands (DMC made the recovery and the tackle right there)-  DAT WAS IT...  Here's your reward McCourty=You gave up a completion...you svck.  
    Meanwhile, 2 plays where you can SEE the depth of all the added things that a guy like this brings to the D Unit as a whole-

#1.  DMC is covering and trailing Dave thomas as he's streaking at a sharp angle over the middle and then up the far sideline (late 1st quarter I believe)- pass play completed to a trailing eligible behind DMC and Thomas (LBs responsibility bubble)- In 1 instant, even before a guy like Thomas is even able to stop (let alone attempt to seal DMC off so that the guy who made the catch can turn it for a bigger gain)- DMC is able to change directions, SO fast- Immediately off Thomas (watch-BE-fore Thomas can even stop, let alone hope to be in any equation to try to block DMC off from the ball-carrier)- DMC's sheds of and squares up and seals off the sideline and upper field- The pass-catcher starts his move (no bite, DMC's squarely broken down and sealed off the edge for no amount of additional yardage gain), and BAM- the 2 LBs (and DMC) are there to make the immediate stop.

#2.  DMC in man-up 1-1 w/ the lone receiver on the far end of the field-  Wideout goes in motion towards the line (BIG mistake)-  Run play in that direction (DMC's way, far side of the field)...Obviously the wideout was moving in to attempt to help seal the edge of the line in a running play sweep around the far end (BIG mistake going in motion TOWARD the play, bringing a CB w/ a full set of his gameset skills, into the mix).  result?  Before the guy can even block him, DMC had speared into the edge (ahead of the WR's reaction)- saw the run, sealed the edge, And you see the RB making 1 twist/spin attempting to alter his run direction and slow down in his runner's shift in time enough to turn it back inside-  Nink (or whomever has the golden locks of hair now)- Crushes him.

^  SOME of you guys, MUST begin to recognize and pay closer attention to the sheer wealth of added pluses that players who have and are completely willing and selflessly able to remove NO aspects of their position's stereotypical skill-sets, AND what and HOW much this helps EVERY other aspect and play on the field of play on any and so many great numbers of total plays...please.  Sterling Moore at the end of this season might end up w/ 2 more PDs or 1 more INT than DMC.  I like him (b/c he's a Patriot)...But a poor man's version of Asante Samuel, does NOT make the qualifications of what it means to play and try to offer up the game of a: Complete Cornerback (and all this entails).

Please Come to terms with the following:
    ~A CB whom on the final stat line, gets 1 more PD, and makes 4 or 5 less tackles, and whom is in and altering 10 or more less plays...WHILE covering the 3rd or 4th best receiver, verses the 1st or 2nd pass-catching option, AND biting on 1, 2, and even 3 or more passes which result in successful completions for large gains...  
    ...IS not the better Cornerback, because at the end of the year he ends up with 1 more INT OR 2 more PDs.

Final shotNE's Safeties...  Sheez, talk about feast or famine.  Good grief, what 1 year does in terms of the skill of How your Safety corp looked in '11 vs Now.

Gregory
    Allen
    Chung
    Wilson
    Ebner

REALLY Instinctual Smart wicked ballhawks that seem to love to make contact...  If that's the 1 sentence skill-set that defines your current Safety corp...I'm o.k. with these guys being placed under that defining umbrella.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Note :  The positive part starts up after the "~~~"...Personally, I'd probably just skip right to that if I was a reader right here. Thank you for the shout, mthurl ;  Ma6dragon - Any withdrawal of something that'cha find any degree of satisfaction, self-worth, and/or comfort in- Svx...  But any & all of the effects based off inspirings of any single aspect which cannot be tallied on the final profit margin, any 1 thing which can be afforded from the non-material, is at it stands at this very moment of time, viewed as a superfluous afterthought which should have no bearing and has no place within those hardened figures which get placed into the equation of life, idealogue, and personal ideal.  As the euphemism of defeat which has been applied into the common vernacular to ever more & more increasing degrees, goes: " I t is what it is ."  Hopeful, right, LOL!?!  I'm not so certain that we can ever hope to prove to those whom do not believe it plays any aspect in the humanity & commonality of mankind, that there is either more strength which holds the whole sh#th#le together through faith & hope, verses profit line, nor that the homeless bvm sittin' on the hot street & begging his way towards 5 or 10 bucks after 8 hours, if given the choice, would choose to do this verses working at a job which can provide him with enough of a living wage that he can both make rent AND eat.  N'eh?  Things fall apart...and the reason is that the center cannot hold.  Unfortunately Yeats never saw the need to elucidate whether or not the center corp consists anything more than net material wealth &/or gain.      Like I said, "It is what it is."  ...And I expect nothing less than these ideas to be viewed in the light of the jealous rants of a madman who is too lazy to get a 100k a year paying job. Digger ...Are those celebratory fireworks or lights over atop of Sodom?  In either event (lol), I trully DO appreciate the sentiment man. Lol, Sod ...?  Sod, people are in zero way (apparently it certainly appears)- difficult to deceive.  He!!, The GOP and Mitt Romney are making a case out of Obama's remarks to small business owners that " they DID have help ."  Play off their senses of of entitlement based on unfitting remarks discounting their hard work...  For, It shall be better Earth once we begin to recognize that small business owners did not receive the benefits of any tax breaks, any restrictions which might have helped to curtail any larger business gaining a monopoly on their areas of trade, nor the random fruits based afforded through a successful greater national economic outlook during that business's start-up...  Make the leap of critical analyises here folks.   Thanx bobbysu ; (Do you ever say anything passionately negative and condescending, bobbysu?  Idk, it's- Well, personally at least, I find this to be just a such a disagreeable trait in other people <j/k />)  Shenanigan , IF I can't hope to convince you the accuracy of Belichick's defensive vs Offensive player Total Draft Count since 2006...when I broke it down by O Vs D by Round...AND by year- I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that I don't believe I have a chance in he!! to convince you that either: A > The Giants Linebackers aren't reacting to where they already sense play-direction to be heading just prior to the snap, And/Or- B > The Giants linebackers ARE reacting, and the reason is not because there are any giveaway "tells" by NE's Offense...but because they have ESP.  Alright?  YOU say right here that it's due to Unions, Occupy Wallstreet, or Obamacare...And I'LL sign off on your premise without even battin' an eye any longer.  And I ain't jokin' either (that's about where my faith is). Prolate , sorry to include you in that "4 horsemen" comment on my first OP...  It ain't you, It's Me.  I have a bare minimum of tolerance towards those whom play favorites based on any single event, minus that 1 specific play in question...Most people assign accolades and/or blame based on larger measures of past accomplishments.  Not me...I'm neurotic, detail-oriented, exacting...a f##k!ng hopeless cause.  The worst is that with the grosser and grosser forms of excusitory, I end up attempting to beat back what I believe is the limited viewpoint which is based on the generalizing, not the specific case in question.  -And I end up becoming exactly what I wanted to set myself up as a bulwark to curb, A person who plays favorites and is less and less objective in his non-partisaned viewpoints, himself.  It svx. ~~~ TrueChamp (and of course I hope is unconditionally understood, " ALL ")- There is ZERO denying what this Offensive Blueprint (IF excercised correctly) just might mean.  Revolutionary...  Yep.  Try to best Belichick's and McDaniel's Design, under the scope of  this very same qualifier , Right HERE ( A challenge posed to ALL ):        ~ Attempt to come up with a better Offensive Look, based on the principles of utilizing the greatest degree of the same set of O personell positional sameness when/by using the greatest degree afforded by the same number of individual O performers on the field of play play after play, WHICH- Can offer up the greatest degree of looks that can give a Real and True threat in equally proportions of either being big enough and powerful enough in base scheme to Run the Ball, YET be afford the speed, open-field maneuverability and has the greatest degree of skill-set performers and weapons, To offer the greatest degree of very real and recognizable threat to Pass the Ball . Terrifying, right? Just....such a pretty brilliantly diverse idea for a base single Offensive look, that can do SO much, while attempting to shortchange it's functions and useability and limit itself in any Offensive area of gameplay, Soo little...wow.  Ya really, just HAVE to respect what this thing could do if excercised correctly, and the successes that this thing will bring in the end, if consistantly adhered to in a steadfast way early on.      Like I said, there are 2 keys here- Brady doing the little things, and accepting the fact that he's gonna get a little dirtier and in almost all probability, have lesser passing massive numbers (and no doubt about it: More work with Less individual fanfare, is sorta a hard sell to any & every human being that has ever walked this earth).  2- The #2 TE vs FB role-  Man...  You are attemting to intertwine a concept that doesn't break the back of Hernandez, a player whose role and gameplay in every stage all through college and the pros, has been tailored and refined within the designs of A #2 (and in retrospect, this is the A#1 criterion needed from the get-go)- Pass-catching TE role, WAY more to that of what the traditional fullback role has morphed into through the 80's, 90's and half of this decade, of being a solely 1 dimesional wrecking ball of a lead-blocker for the RB.  Lol...And with your wrecking ball fullbacks who've probably ALL combined to catch perhaps 10 or so passed balls in their pro careers, all combined in all their tenures in the league combined...=THESE guys you're attempting to turn into at least the barest of minimums in the pass-catching threat department, ala Hernandez.        ^ Easier said than done.    I've been hard on Brady, relative to this subject in particular in relation to what I witnessed after DVR'ing The Pats preseason game ( Q : Ya wanna know how long it takes a fanatic to breakdown 1 2 hour long preseason game #1, in total time?  A : However long <not good at 1st grade math> it is in total span of time between the 7:30p.m. kickoff time, to when the final whistle when he shut off his direct tv and went directly to bed @ 3:30 in the am...minus 1 p#ss break). I will say this on Brady ... THAT sideline timing pattern sent to Brandon Lloyd's way wherein Lloyd was just 1 fraction of a milisecond late in looking up in time to get his hands up in order to make a play on Brady's pass...JESUS ...  THAT pass- Well, I'd be willing to take a bet that if you offered up a challenge to NFL QBs that you had to throw the football, AND hit a 4.5 running 40 in overall speed moving target 20 yards+ away, And the bullseye window was a target zone slightly larger than a grapefruit...such as 2 palms cupped together= I'd bet Tom Brady could hit it...with disturbingly exact regularity too.      That pass was a laser that you DO NOT see from QBs whom are anything less than Once-in-a-Generation, Greatest of the greats .  Watching this degree of preciseness in slo-mo, was simply THAT much more disturbing to me in respect to ANY-one's ability to place the ball where and how and completely perfect like that.  If ya tvo'd the game, go back. ~ NE's Defense -  SICK .  It will- be- sick .  I- I-  Look, I've made no past claims on NE's Overall D outlook in recent times (individual performers on the otherhand, PLENTY of times).  I'll make 1 now:  IF NE's O can simply afford NE's D ANY degree of a few TOP dominating games, Or even series in a game, or even if just earlier on the 1st half (and I ain't sayin' they have not, did not, nor will do in the future)- I'm solely saying that this small allowance, WILL show that this D is not dominant...But GREAT.  If they do not, this Defense will  STILL be dominant <now is the time for varying trolls to cut and paste these words in their scrapbooks in desperate hopes to use in the future>  *** < Look ^ Above > See?  Here's the asterik & reminder for this, just so ya don't forget & subsequently overlook such a cherry opportunity to attempt to undermine after ya reach the bottom of the page (few hours from now) Mayo - Been hard on him til now...It was warranted.  'Least in my exacting formula for what it means to constitute being a game-changer...a play-direction-changing, big individual playmaking dominant defender.  Mayo was always a precise tactician.  If Mayo has the open-look on tackling a ball-carrier in the open grounds...that ball-carrier will make it by Mayo once- Once in 7 trillion times.  Homeboy's surgical when wrappin' up a guy and sending him to the turf.  Now, He looks like he can finally hurt and make the runner wish he never went that way in the process (If it helps, picture Mayo less as a doctor surgeon these days...he's now more slosely to Steve Martin's version of a Dental Surgeon in Little Shop of Horrors). ^ C'we call our D unit this if they start dishin' out some serious punishment?           With Mayo's unbelievably more physical boost in his play (seriously, RE-watch Mayo in preseason game #1), + seeing at so many times last year, the way Spikes would go hail-mail, full-force brain-damage, like watching a canonade penetrating & blowing up a small section of the O-Line's rampart on plays, + Hightower...yeeghhhh-  ONCE Hightower gets up to speed and recognizes internally that he's got enough size, speed, strength and swagger, that he trully does have zero fear in his play vs his opponents (and living up to it's abilities) in the pro game, And this could be like watching 3 wrecking-ball volleys blowing up a wall.  That is to say...these guys are gonna start dishing out punishment & destruction, as opposed to solely viewing their total skills, abilities, and overall task, As that of being solely a slowdown, speed-bump stop-gap to their opponent, and for their own Offensive Unit's sake.        And Hightower  WILL get up to speed...Zero reason to even insinuate otherwise- Surrounded by Spikes and a now ripped Mayo + We know that this WAS purely his brand of game leading 'bama's #1 D- the fact that Hightower was indeed playing on his heels, BIG-time...still shouldn't give rise to the slightest worries through any reasonable concern whatsoever that this recognition won't become a total afterthought in the very immediate future)  ~ Here's another guy that has taken his game to a new level:  Matthew Slater .  Based on his play up until that very point in time (2012 Preseason game 1)- I saw nothing close to being worthy in Slater's game, to give him a pro-bowl bid last season...  Heck, maybe Belichick & Kraft bought Slater a pro-bowl bid...'Cause now & as a Result?  =THIS guy comes down on Special Teams with 1 intention: To kill and/or " just " Maim .   ~In otherwords, and thus in consideration of the fact that Belichick seems to go out of his way, to take just 1 2nd level player in his skill-set, whom has looked to have finally taken his game on this team, to the next level...and cutting him at the end of camp.  Lol, Now that Slater has recognizably made that final successful leap in elevating his play in such a noticeably apparent way, look for him to get the boot. Chandler Jones doesn't look like some freak mutation of Size + Athleticism, right?  Someone compared him to Kearse in his physical look...to me, that just about nails it.  "Freak" is just 'bout right.  You should not be that athletic, and that balanced, and that long & manueverable, and that fast in your extreme force, at THAT size.  Haha...and he smiles in deferential humility when he's given the rook task of carrying the pads of vet players off the practice field.  Chandler Jones looks like he's Michael Strahan's and Julius Pepper's love-child.  Built like the bricks##thouse of strength and muscle and mass, like dad...long, athletic, and agile like Ma.     Indeed, I'm actually beginning to DIS -like him (lol...I'll wait til he starts up some non-profit charities and adopts some children of genocide victims, before expressing my sentiments full-force on him further). ~ Final " of note " to NATE SOLDER :  I was hoping for a boy....I was all-set to call him "Gabe Carimi."  Chicago stole my child, and after he solidified 1/2 of their disturbingly bad O-Line last year and got injured in the process, Chicago threw my kid back out for further injury a week later (Bears for some reason, actually want to hurt their own players more than the opponents, it very much appears, too often).  Now, he's back and looking sick...  So PLEASE, Nate Solder...I promise to never speak of the unbelievably fantastic OT I wanted so badly, IF (and only "if")- Ya take some yoga classes or somethin' for chris'sakes...JESUS man?!?  Do you have ANY balance?!?  You are OURS now, and Us Pats Fans will get f##k!ng Mr. Meyagi on the horn, and foot the bill, If it means that you can somehow gain enough balance not to get thrown down on the ground while overreaching on every single play!?!  I know O-Line is a pretty thankless job, but MAN?!?  Watching just this 1 preseason game, I saw that'cha didn't have enough balance in space to react to a D-Lineman in pass-protection...while coupling this aspect with not having enough force to seal off a FREAK!NG Secondary Defensive Player in zone run-blocking.  Soooo, where does this leave us?  Lol...Come ON man, lol!  Yoga, Medicine balls, etc.- I beg you...please at least entertain the notions of what these lines of training might give to your game, o.k.?  If you do, I pledge to never utter Gabe carimi & Nate Solder in the same post ever again (my word). Devin McCourty -  Guys, I wish I could convince and show some of you folks, just how complete this kid's game is, and what it brings as an added factor to the entire D Unit...I do.  2 plays from Preseason Game 1 can hope to illustrate the full-depth of what this kid's game offers into the whole unit- 1 (btw, BB had him Dave Thomas most of the night <1st half when he played w/ 1st team>...he shut him down)-  1 pass...I counted 1 successful pass play to his man, and you can rewind and rewind and rewind- Same thing happened last year (Buffalo game)- The backfield Safety came up and tore through DMC and DMC's coverage assignment (go and watch, it was a middle of the field catch in the latter 2nd Quarter I'm pretty certain)- Same apply- DMC on the otherside of where he started after getting hit by his own Safety, Safety on the ground, and the receiver with the ball in his hands (DMC made the recovery and the tackle right there)-  DAT WAS IT...  Here's your reward McCourty=You gave up a completion...you svck.   Meanwhile, 2 plays where you can SEE the depth of all the added things that a guy like this brings to the D Unit as a whole- #1 .  DMC is covering and trailing Dave thomas as he's streaking at a sharp angle over the middle and then up the far sideline (late 1st quarter I believe)- pass play completed to a trailing eligible behind DMC and Thomas (LBs responsibility bubble)- In 1 instant, even before a guy like Thomas is even able to stop (let alone attempt to seal DMC off so that the guy who made the catch can turn it for a bigger gain)- DMC is able to change directions, SO fast- Immediately off Thomas (watch-BE-fore Thomas can even stop, let alone hope to be in any equation to try to block DMC off from the ball-carrier)- DMC's sheds of and squares up and seals off the sideline and upper field- The pass-catcher starts his move (no bite, DMC's squarely broken down and sealed off the edge for no amount of additional yardage gain), and BAM- the 2 LBs (and DMC) are there to make the immediate stop. #2 .  DMC in man-up 1-1 w/ the lone receiver on the far end of the field-  Wideout goes in motion towards the line (BIG mistake)-  Run play in that direction (DMC's way, far side of the field)...Obviously the wideout was moving in to attempt to help seal the edge of the line in a running play sweep around the far end (BIG mistake going in motion TOWARD the play, bringing a CB w/ a full set of his gameset skills, into the mix).  result?  Before the guy can even block him, DMC had speared into the edge (ahead of the WR's reaction)- saw the run, sealed the edge, And you see the RB making 1 twist/spin attempting to alter his run direction and slow down in his runner's shift in time enough to turn it back inside-  Nink (or whomever has the golden locks of hair now)- Crushes him. ^  SOME of you guys, MUST begin to recognize and pay closer attention to the sheer wealth of added pluses that players who have and are completely willing and selflessly able to remove NO aspects of their position's stereotypical skill-sets, AND what and HOW much this helps EVERY other aspect and play on the field of play on any and so many great numbers of total plays...please.  Sterling Moore at the end of this season might end up w/ 2 more PDs or 1 more INT than DMC.  I like him (b/c he's a Patriot)...But a poor man's version of Asante Samuel, does NOT make the qualifications of what it means to play and try to offer up the game of a: Complete Cornerback (and all this entails). Please Come to terms with the following: ~ A CB whom on the final stat line, gets 1 more PD, and makes 4 or 5 less tackles, and whom is in and altering 10 or more less plays...WHILE covering the 3rd or 4th best receiver, verses the 1st or 2nd pass-catching option, AND biting on 1, 2, and even 3 or more passes which result in successful completions for large gains...   ... IS not the better Cornerback, because at the end of the year he ends up with 1 more INT OR 2 more PDs. Final shot :  NE's Safeties ...  Sheez, talk about feast or famine.  Good grief, what 1 year does in terms of the skill of How your Safety corp looked in '11 vs Now. Gregory Allen Chung Wilson Ebner REALLY Instinctual Smart wicked ballhawks that seem to love to make contact...  If that's the 1 sentence skill-set that defines your current Safety corp...I'm o.k. with these guys being placed under that defining umbrella.            
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Yeah you almost convinced me that BB using 13 of 16 first and second rounders on defense means he's spent all his hight draft picks on offense.  It was especially brillliant how you highlighted the third round breakdown showing more offensive players taken in the third round, because by high draft picks we obviously are talking about 3rd rounders. 

And now from a blurry photo shot a thousand feet above the field you are convincing me that you can tell Brady is standing up more straight in the second picture.  Lets just leave out the fact that standing up more straight is not a sign of anything because in any case run or pass the QB stands up after the snap. If you were sitting on the field with a measuring tape you would be hard pressed to find a measurable difference and there's no way to tell here.  The Giants may have some cue, or may have just watched the play and adjusted like defenses always do, it doesn't make your particular observation any more correct.

Your assault of words isn't a sign that you've dug in and found a deeper observation it's a sign of how much time you've had to spend spinning a new reality to convince yourself of your own B S.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : Yeah, I wasn't crazy about that play call either. I understand going for the jugular but at that point in the biggest game of the year I was hoping for something more conservative and time consuming. A couple of runs on first and 2nd to maybe set up 3rd and 2 ( or better) with under 3 minutes left in the game.  Just my opinion though, I'm not a coach and never will be. I think that Brady is great and thought that any problems that they had offensively were mostly a result of questionable play calling by OBrien. I think that Josh is going to have this offense playing at its full potential.
    Posted by sporter81

Sporter, they did run on first down, but lost a yard.  It was an I-formation power run where Mankins got beaten badly with a speed move and BJGE was hit in the backfield.  So the Welker call came on second and eleven.  I have no problem with passing in that situation, and Welker was a good target on that play. The call actually worked fine--it was the execution that failed.  Same, actually, with the run call on the previous down.  Had Mankins held his block maybe the play would have worked.  

One thing people ignore about both Giants Super Bowls is how much their front seven was able to dominate our O-line, both against the run and the pass.  You can change up the play calls all you want, but if the blockers fail to stop the defenders it's not going to matter. A lot of what happened in both games can be explained by what happened in the trenches.  We tend to think our O-line is great, but our blockers have not been very effective against the Giants D-line and LBs.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Digger ...Are those celebratory fireworks or lights over atop of Sodom?  In either event (lol), I trully DO appreciate the sentiment man.

Lol, the intent was fireworks. Don't stare too long, I wouldn't want anyone to have a seizure.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : Sporter, they did run on first down, but lost a yard.  It was an I-formation power run where Mankins got beaten badly with a speed move and BJGE was hit in the backfield.  So the Welker call came on second and eleven.  I have no problem with passing in that situation, and Welker was a good target on that play. The call actually worked fine--it was the execution that failed.  Same, actually, with the run call on the previous down.  Had Mankins held his block maybe the play would have worked.   One thing people ignore about both Giants Super Bowls is how much their front seven was able to dominate our O-line, both against the run and the pass.  You can change up the play calls all you want, but if the blockers fail to stop the defenders it's not going to matter. A lot of what happened in both games can be explained by what happened in the trenches.  We tend to think our O-line is great, but our blockers have not been very effective against the Giants D-line and LBs.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Yeah, my bad, I forgot about that one.. to forget the whole game would be good for my mental well being.lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~~Sporter's WAY wrong...THOSE NYG defenders are freak!ng BLANKETING Wes Welker.  Honestly, It's like WhereTH's the Ref?!?!  Ya can't just DRAPE yourself, hanging directly over & on top off the shoulder pads while initiating THIS much pre-catch contact & nearly pulling an eligible wideout down to the ground, and NOT get a pass Interference call...!!?!!  Sheez, what h#se-job.   

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I find that I personally enjoy dating st#pid women vs more intelligent females...They are more reasonable, if not intelligent, detail-oriented, astute, objectively thorough-  I'll take less less reality and truth any day'a the week, if just means I can ward off that pesky taskmaster called, Accuracy...and all those bothersome additional complications which arise from it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

~~ Sporter's WAY wrong...THOSE NYG defenders are freak!ng BLANKETING Wes Welker.  Honestly, It's like WhereTH's the Ref?!?!  Ya can't just DRAPE yourself, hanging directly over & on top off the shoulder pads while initiating THIS much pre-catch contact & nearly pulling an eligible wideout down to the ground, and NOT get a pass Interference call...!!?!!  Sheez, what h#se-job.   

Yeah that photo shows it all.  I mean it's not like that photo is the most irrelevant of all the ones posted because it is well after the ball has been thrown at the point where Welker is the farthest away from the defender precisely because the ball was thrown where it was and the DB has already changed angles to accommodate where the ball was thrown. 

That would be like me using a picture of Mankins getting owned on the previous play where BJGE got stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey to justify an opinion that NE shouldn't have run the ball to that side.  OMG look Mankins got owned. Why would they run there? So stupid!!!!!!

/end sarcasm

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : Yeah that photo shows it all.  I mean it's not like that photo is the most irrelevant of all the ones posted because it is well after the ball has been thrown at the point where Welker is the farthest away from the defender precisely because the ball was thrown where it was and the DB has already changed angles to accommodate where the ball was thrown.  That would be like me using a picture of Mankins getting owned on the previous play where BJGE got stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey to justify an opinion that NE shouldn't have run the ball to that side.  OMG look Mankins got owned. Why would they run there? So stupid!!!!!! /end sarcasm
    Posted by pcmIV

Sounded like his point was that WW was wide open, which I think most of us agree he was. He was probably wide open because the gints didn't expect our 5ft7 slot receiver to run a 27 yard route down field on 2nd 11 with the lead and needing only a 1st down to kill the clock and win the game....who would?

Further more Collinsworth notes both before and after the play that the "giants were confused" and that nobody was over the top on WW.

To your last point, if the coaches knew Mankins is playing on a torn acl, do you think it was wise to...

A; take Hernandez off the field?(Hern caught the 1st down as a FB the 3rd down before) btw he was pissed with his hands in the air in disbelief he was being taken off the field.

B: Bring in BJGE AND Polite to announce we are trying to run out the clock.

C Further announce the run by only having 1 receiving option on the field.... Branch?? WHY???

C: Then run right at your severely injured guard who was trying to block big as$ Chris Canty

If the object was to run out the clock by bringing in your power run game then why pass on 2nd and 3rd? If the object was to go for the kill then why bring in your power run game on 1st? It's a conundrum. We were unsure of what were going for...lack of identity.

My opinion is that Brady is the only thing that carried our offense in the SB, and he didn't need to be. McD should have round house kicked OB in the noggin, catching his headset as he fell and helped deliver us win a SB.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : Sporter, they did run on first down, but lost a yard.  It was an I-formation power run where Mankins got beaten badly with a speed move and BJGE was hit in the backfield.  So the Welker call came on second and eleven.  I have no problem with passing in that situation, and Welker was a good target on that play. The call actually worked fine--it was the execution that failed.  Same, actually, with the run call on the previous down.  Had Mankins held his block maybe the play would have worked.   One thing people ignore about both Giants Super Bowls is how much their front seven was able to dominate our O-line, both against the run and the pass.  You can change up the play calls all you want, but if the blockers fail to stop the defenders it's not going to matter. A lot of what happened in both games can be explained by what happened in the trenches.  We tend to think our O-line is great, but our blockers have not been very effective against the Giants D-line and LBs.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

I seem to remember us shredding them the few times we went no huddle.  Same in 07 when Moss's late TD came on a possession when we went no huddle.

Note to new OC Josh McD.  Go and Stay no huddle till a team shows it can stop it.  Then continue to use it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

So Champ, please tell us exactly what formations, personnel, and play calls you would have called. Because right now you seem to be demanding that they do more smashmouth running while at the same time complaining about them telegraphing the run by using smashmouth formations. Do you have some play where they line up in five wide but then end up in I formation at the snap? I'm puzzled about what you would have called. Please enlighten us by sharing the formations, packages, and plays that would have worked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Champ:

The point I was making is that it is silly to argue about the throw to Welker based on a photo that was taken well AFTER the ball was thrown.  Perhaps the example I used was convoluted, but I wasn't actually making a point about the running call on the previous play.  I was just using it as a device to demonstrate what I perceive to be the flawed logic of using the photo that Laz highlighted to evaluate the throw to Welker.  I was saying that arguing about the throw based on that photo would be the same as arguing that the Patriots ran the ball to the wrong side using a photo of Mankins getting trucked as "evidence".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to "Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film":
    In Response to Re: Watching the Pats-Giants Coaches Film : I seem to remember us shredding them the few times we went no huddle.  Same in 07 when Moss's late TD came on a possession when we went no huddle. Note to new OC Josh McD.  Go and Stay no huddle till a team shows it can stop it.  Then continue to use it. Posted by tcal2-
    No huddle was the thing that worked best for us all year. The giants defensive coordinator, if I remember right, said he didn't know why they got away from it in the Super Bowl but he was glad they did.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts