Waters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Waters

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/Patriots_Waters_Chiefs_NFL_11-16-11_V0RI27L_v2.238ad0c.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Waters

He has been an unsung hero of sorts. Carter and him help to offset a few of the bad choices made in recent history.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

The Waters signing had me thoroughly confused.  When I heard, all I could think was "oh my god, they got WATERS!"  I thought it was bigger than AH or Ochocinco.  And then... the media barely mentioned it.  Nobody mentioned it.  I doubted myself... was he just a name that was past his prime?  The Chiefs are on TV so seldom that I hadn't seen him play in awhile.

Then the season started, and he played at the Pro Bowl level that I thought he would.  He's EASILY been the best Pats O-lineman to this point.  And still, he got little recognition.  And that's when I remembered that the media are idiots and don't bother talking about offensive guards unless they're calling the owner a liar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Hey Babe, those were also choices, they didn't just drop in here by an act of God.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Carter is easily the hugest addition this offseason. He seems to have fixed the one of the major problems plaguing NE's defense the last few seasons. 

Waters, I am convinced is second. Great addition. And I think he was an improvement over what anyone has offered there since Neal went down. 

Anderson deserves props as well, I hope he see the field more!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I might get killed for this by some people but I think Waters is better than Mankins. I think Mankins is a better run blocker but Waters is right there behind him but Mankins is average to above average pass blocker where as Waters beats him in that category. Maybe they're equal when you add it all up. Carter and Waters are definately the two best FA pickups we made. Hope we can get both locked up for another 2 or 3 years cuz I think they both have quite a bit left in the tank. Good leadership too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

Carter and Waters have been fantastic. I'd even argue that Waters has made a bigger impact on the offensive line than Mankins.

My concern with both of these guys is that their contributions are very temporary due to their age. We've got to develop a young pass rusher off the edge -- disappointed after showing promise last year that Jermaine Cunningham doesn't seem to be that guy.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts