Waters.....yes, no, maybe?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Waters.....yes, no, maybe?

In response to Waters.....yes, no, maybe?:
    [QUOTE]
    BB swung and missed on his replacement.....Gallery
    [/QUOTE]

I don't think that was the case.  Well, let me say this..... I hope that wasn't the case.  Gallery isnt even half as good as Waters.  Gallery would have got TFB killed!  I would like to give BB more credit then that!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

One thing that keeps racking my brain about the whole thing is BB never actively looked for a replacement. General if BB has concerns about a position where players are in doubt he brings in a ton of guys to give them looks. He's done that with TE, WR, T, DT, CB but not with G. To me that suggests that he knows Waters is coming back and isn't overly concern with the RG position

exactly...and they wouldnt keep his locker for him if they didnt expect him comng back. these 2 things lead me to believe its arranged. see you week 1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

I think it's important to note that Waters' absence is excused.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/07/26/bill-belichick-says-brian-waters-absence-has-been-excused/

I think that's what most of us assumed, just nice to have it confirmed

[/QUOTE]

that was a week or 2 ago. you guys didnt see it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Why is it that every reporter in America can dig up TMZ-style dirt on the Red Sox, but nobody knows what's going on with Waters??

Because in the Red Sox there are leaks from the ownership group down to the kid they pay to clean up peanut shells from under the seats at Fenway but Kraft has a specialty built prison BB designed to hold people indefinitely if they even comment about what color the urinal pucks are

[/QUOTE]

priceless. laughing my blank off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I wonder about the fine print of the new bargaining agreement.  If a player refuses to report to camp, perhaps the Patriots can retain all rights to that player without giving up one of their precious 53 spots.  So, Brian Waters doesn't report to camp, the Patriots cut down to 53 players, in week 1 someone gets injured and Waters pops up all fresh and ready to go.   Waters wanted to skip camp anyway, so this is the way it went down.

Funny how that worked.  It must be funny because Jonathan Kraft is laughing and Brian Waters is laughing.  Belichick never laughs, ever.  It's bad form to laugh or smile when you're in the coaching business. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I wonder about the fine print of the new bargaining agreement.  If a player refuses to report to camp, perhaps the Patriots can retain all rights to that player without giving up one of their precious 53 spots.  So, Brian Waters doesn't report to camp, the Patriots cut down to 53 players, in week 1 someone gets injured and Waters pops up all fresh and ready to go.   Waters wanted to skip camp anyway, so this is the way it went down.

Funny how that worked.  It must be funny because Jonathan Kraft is laughing and Brian Waters is laughing.  Belichick never laughs, ever.  It's bad form to laugh or smile when you're in the coaching business. 

:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I don't want Waters back. Football is a team game and when he saw the team struggling on the offensive line he should have returned immediately if he wanted to play.  

If he is going through some personal issues then a statement from the Patriots PR staff should have been made.  We as fans and media were left hanging believing Waters would return, now we are transitioning into the realizition he is not returning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]
    BB swung and missed on his replacement.....Gallery

I don't think that was the case.  Well, let me say this..... I hope that wasn't the case.  Gallery isnt even half as good as Waters.  Gallery would have got TFB killed!  I would like to give BB more credit then that!!

Go back and look at the $$$ they gave to Gallery

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't want Waters back. Football is a team game and when he saw the team struggling on the offensive line he should have returned immediately if he wanted to play.  

If he is going through some personal issues then a statement from the Patriots PR staff should have been made.  We as fans and media were left hanging believing Waters would return, now we are transitioning into the realizition he is not returning.

Bottom line is that the Patriots have always left us hanging....and will continue to do so....just the way they operate. I don't take offense to it because I don't see any rules saying that have to. Would i like to know what's going on?....who wouldn't?? I do agree this is a TEAM game, and nobody should get a free pass no matter what your credentials are. Either play or retire....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Apparently he has had equipment delivered to his locker, so I am guess he is back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems the Waters decision directly will detirmine the outcome of Koppen, McDonald and Wendell.

Seems reading all the info out there, Waters would be in camp if he was playing for the TExans or Cowboys. Seems Cowboys have there own OL troubles....wonder what Waters is worth in a trade to his home state?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Waters return is promising, at least according to twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/search/brian%20waters

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

More promising news, my favorite negative nellies, Ron Borges and Andy Hart, both say Waters isn't walking through that door.

http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/61979224/borges-i-don-t-think-waters-is-coming-back.htm?

http://blog.patriots.com/2012/08/30/from-the-hart-final-patriots-roster-projection/