FORUMS ARE BACK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

FORUMS ARE BACK

Please let me know if you encounter any other problems.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Re: WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS! THEY WILL BE FIXED, BUT DEV CANNOT GIVE ME A TIMELINE - SORRY

well, nice to get a little customer service.

Thanks for at least letting us know it's been noted.

Are there any work arounds for various browsers???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: WE ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS! THEY WILL BE FIXED, BUT DEV CANNOT GIVE ME A TIMELINE - SORRY

Tinman, the only workaround I know of is for posting messages via IE11 the way you found:

It does appear you can post in IE11 on Windows if you add Boston.com to your compatibility view sites:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/";; rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/";;; rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/

I wish I had time to talk football by ourselves but work beckons: )

(Someone figured out how to post a new topic but I haven't been able to pull that off yet)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Is this a sign of armmegedon?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, nice to get a little customer service.

Thanks for at least letting us know it's been noted.

[/QUOTE]

They'll probably get around to fixing this in about the same time it gets you to travel back to Oz. Geez!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Re: A WORKAROUND AND AN UPDATE FROM DEV

The guys in the Red Sox forum found this workaround to get your posts to show up, but you have to use Internet Explorer:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/"; rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/

It's how I'm able to post now.

Meanwhile, Dev has given me an estimate of 12-24 hours for a fix to be in place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If you are using XP, like me, IE8 is the last update for it. XP and IE8 are no longer supported

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I use Firefox as it is a separate company and is always updated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

NMPL--

I tested IE 8 (although from Win 7) and was able to post in here once I set the site to compatibility view and marked for getting latest sites from MS.

The pages, however, even in the forum are horrendous and it takes a few moments to figure out how to use the forum pages.

But, it did work.

Uncertain that anyone with any other browser than IE can post at this time. Firefox (you?) and Chrome user are unable to post at all except using the headers.

DOTTIE:  we're aware of that work around, thank you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Thanks Tin Man, yes Firefox for me, I am a card carrying member of Microsoft Suxs Club.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The workaround came from a couple guys in the Pats forum actually (including Tinman).

I posted the how-to link in the Sox, Pats, and Celts forums. :)

But without Tinman no workaround would be around. :) Thx dude.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The workaround came from a couple guys in the Pats forum actually (including Tinman).

I posted the how-to link in the Sox, Pats, and Celts forums. :)

But without Tinman no workaround would be around. :) Thx dude.

[/QUOTE]

thanks, but I can't take the credit.  Info came from TripleOG, actually.

I just tried to get the word out around here, and get Dottie's attention, once I got moving on it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

new header text

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

TFB--

Right now it appears that posting can only be done using some version of IE with "compatibility view" set for this site.

If you are using another browser, you can post short messages in the "headline" box, that seems to work for everyone right now.

Otherwise, Chrome and firefox do not seem to work at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB--

Right now it appears that posting can only be done using some version of IE with "compatibility view" set for this site.

If you are using another browser, you can post short messages in the "headline" box, that seems to work for everyone right now.

Yeah, I have ran into a couple of state websites that have this same problem.  What a mess, I have no idea why it is so hard to have sites work with all browsers.  I have faith they will get it working soon.  Until then we have to use the clunky IE.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I'd hate to be involved in the "post-mortem" (or if they are being stylish, the "retro") meeting on this project.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

TFB--

[/QUOTE]

[object]

Yeah, I have ran into a couple of state websites that have this same problem.  What a mess, I have no idea why it is so hard to have sites work with all browsers.

[/QUOTE]

Nice to see you managed to find your voice here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TFB - bigger problem is lots of folks having trouble figuring this out for one reason or another so for now it's a pretty small convo :)

But hey, we can kick it around.

For example reports coming out Belichick has decided TB only has a few good years left and is planning to go after a big time receiver.  http://www.hngn.com/articles/29024/20140416/new-england-patriots-rumors-belichick-thinks-brady-s-window-closing.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.hngn.com/articles/29024/20140416/new-england-patriots-rumors-belichick-thinks-brady-s-window-closing.htm

Nice to know that BB is thinking along those lines, which is what many of us have wanted - though IMO a strong D will help Brady even more than receiving help...

@Tinman I saw a post or two from TripleOG so props to him. It was your post I saw that mentioned the compatibility view. Bottom line the Pats fans came up with the workaround not the Sox fans so let's get that straight. :)  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm in!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I tried the IE thing and the home page opened with a Huge Chelsea Clinton Head and I was unable to scroll right/left

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Lets see if this works now

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Won't work for Chrome...works for IE.....10-4...got it working in IE