FORUMS ARE BACK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: FORUMS ARE BACK

Test

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Cool new forum.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cool new forum.

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

[/QUOTE]

test

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Still bugs in the system, I see. When I go to the forum, I get a line-up of threads from 10 days ago. I have to re-boot it, so of speak, by going to the last thread available, before switching back to page one, to get the right sequence of threads. What is so hard? Get this fixed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This new format still isn't working right. What is so hard? Get this fixed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Not only does the new forum stink but the entire website is terrible. Obviously designed for the twitter crowd it lacks even the simplest things like the ability to check league standings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Please let me know if you encounter any other problems.

BDC...I can't understand why you can't see the bugs in this system. It seemed to be working fine over the weekend. But now...this! I'm not a computer whiz, do I can't tell you what is specifically wrong. I outlined it as best as possible in a previous post. It is so annoying not to be able to cite articles, photos, or to cut and paste.

Why the necessity for the new format? Every time BDC has changed the format in the past, the product got worse. Unfortunately...this is more of the same. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

This Forum is terrible now. Nothing working right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I've never seen anything like this.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Do you still want us to let you know about problems or would you like to get the email pile a little smaller first? You do know your flirting with a record number of tickets. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

**Kathleen Sebelious secretly laughs**

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

The guys in the Red Sox forum found this workaround to get your posts to show up, but you have to use Internet Explorer:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/";" rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/";; rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/" rel="nofollow">http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-enable-compatibility-view-in-internet-explorer-11-ie11/

Meanwhile, Dev has given me an estimate of 12-24 hours for a fix to be in place. 

[/QUOTE]

What happened to the 12-24 hour "fix"???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've never seen anything like this.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe BDC hired Rusty to "fix" what wasn't broken...LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Still unable to post links to articles. My goodness...can't we just go back to the way things were here??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Much better, thank you. But, there's still far too much wasted space between an original post, and subsequent responses, which makes reading through threads difficult, and frustrating.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Apparently, I spoke too soon...it's back to being a mess again! Get your act together, guys! This is both frustrating and annoying.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently, I spoke too soon...it's back to being a mess again! Get your act together, guys! This is both frustrating and annoying.

[/QUOTE]

I can't post anything unless it's from my iPad, now a few days ago I could post using the computer...not anymore. I imagine based off the very limited responses I'm seeing on the threads, that other people are having the same issues. And you know what? I'm not going to go change my web browser again, I've already done that once before, the way I see it is until this place fixes this people aren't going to come here. Does boston.com care? Not a chance in hell, and why would they? They're not charging us...yeah there are advertisements every square inch of the page and countless pop ups, but it's still not costing us anything. Imagine if we were paying for this? Or if they were going to start charging for this? All you have to do (to make decision if you'd pay for access here) is remember how often they botch things around here..it'll make the decision easy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Tip:  Open the internet window in inprivate browsing...  Type Boston.com in the top left and go from there.  This is the lone way it works for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tip:  Open the internet window in inprivate browsing...  Type Boston.com in the top left and go from there.  This is the lone way it works for me.

[/QUOTE]

Really? I'll try that on the days it's not working, today it is for some reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or,

Face your device magnetic north, hold a horseshoe in your non-dominant hand, and wait for a neap tide.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't post anything unless it's from my iPad, now a few days ago I could post using the computer...not anymore. I imagine based off the very limited responses I'm seeing on the threads, that other people are having the same issues. And you know what? I'm not going to go change my web browser again, I've already done that once before, the way I see it is until this place fixes this people aren't going to come here. Does boston.com care? Not a chance in hell, and why would they? They're not charging us...yeah there are advertisements every square inch of the page and countless pop ups, but it's still not costing us anything. Imagine if we were paying for this? Or if they were going to start charging for this? All you have to do (to make decision if you'd pay for access here) is remember how often they botch things around here..it'll make the decision easy.

[/QUOTE]

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! I imagine that BDC went to this new format to save a few dollars. Well, here's another old saying, "You get what you pay for".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What happened to, "This will all be fixed in 24 hours"??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]
    What happened to, "This will all be fixed in 24 hours"??

[/QUOTE]

case of the "unknown unknowns".

They could only fix what they knew about (known knowns), and they certainly knew there were other things wrong but didn't know what those things actually were (known unknowns).  However there were clearly some things wrong that they didn't even know they didn't know about (unknown unknowns).

Given how this thing appears to have been built, I would venture to guess that when they fix one thing, they have no clue what they will break by doing so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All of us would welcome an update. Is anything being done to correct all of the obvious problems? Is there some explanation for why it's taking so long to fix the problems? Is there some sort of timeline, in which things will be running smoothly here, again??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Please BDC dottie...or I will be forced to continue to "make news"...on the 24 threads I see from 4 different timelines in history.  Yes=running smoothly=Normalcy.  yeeecch-

Sections
Shortcuts