We are balanced.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: We are balanced.

In Response to Re: We are balanced.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Seriously do you just make stuff up and hope everyone will believe it? BJGE has no games with 30 carries in 4 seasons so how do you know? How has it been proven? Talk about total BS! He had 1 game that was close with 27 carries in 2011, he had a 5.0 avg that game. I would say that is more than being remotely effective. There have only even been a handful of games where he's had at least 20 carries but in four seasons in ANY regular season game where he has had at least 20 carries he has never had less than a 4.0 yard avg. You're unbelievable. Talk about perpetuating myths by spewing lies, my lord good man.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being yet another voice of reason on this B.S thread.

Oh and to answer your question, yes he does make these things up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Seriously do you just make stuff up and hope everyone will believe it? BJGE has no games with 30 carries in 4 seasons so how do you know? How has it been proven? Talk about total BS! He had 1 game that was close with 27 carries in 2011, he had a 5.0 avg that game. I would say that is more than being remotely effective. There have only even been a handful of games where he's had at least 20 carries but in four seasons in ANY regular season game where he has had at least 20 carries he has never had less than a 4.0 yard avg. You're unbelievable. Talk about perpetuating myths by spewing lies, my lord good man.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I've heard that expressed about him several times by pundits so I mentioned it. I didn't think anybody was going to have an aneurism over the comment and conclude I was a pathological liar because of it. Get over yourself and take a chill pill.

The guys a 3.7 yards a carry guy this year, a flat 4.0 for his career; in other words, nothing special.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Thank you for being yet another voice of reason on this B.S thread. Oh and to answer your question, yes he does make these things up.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

List the things I've made up Einstein.

This thread started with my noting the FACT that we run at about the NFL average number of times and pass 4 times a game more than the average.

With all your hot air you have yet to refute that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

3.7 times 3 equals 11.1 yards and a first down. Zero turnovers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]3.7 times 3 equals 11.1 yards and a first down. Zero turnovers.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Wow, we could just give it to BJGE every play and we would score every time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]3.7 times 3 equals 11.1 yards and a first down. Zero turnovers.

By that logic every running back in the league should just get the ball on every play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Wow, we could just give it to BJGE every play and we would score every time.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Nope, it wouldn't work, defenses would stack the box and shut down the run. They have to have a mix of passing and running, run some play action. And, If they had a guy like MJD back there they couldn't be stopped by even the best defenses. I'd looking forward to seeing what Ridley and Vereen have after a full camp. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : By that logic every running back in the league should just get the ball on every play.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Not really what my  point is dude. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Not really what my  point is dude. 

Then what was it?  Because as far as I can tell that is the most obvious way to interpet what you posted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

3.7 yards a carry doesn't mean everything, if it does then handing it off to him every down would mean the offense would never see 4th down. My point was that the 3.7 yards per carry stat doesn't tell the whole story. 

My opinion is and has been that they need to at least have the threat of a running game in order for the passing game to work against the better defenses like the Giants. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : List the things I've made up Einstein.

First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 2/21/2012
    In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Backing up an argument with facts means nothing to you. You consistently dismiss facts with statments like, {take away all of BJGE's good runs and he was terrible} How could I counter that argument? Should I make up a bunch of "if" scenarios too? Ok here goes. "IF" we hadn't thrown 10 int's in our last 8 playoff games we " MAY" have won more games. "IF" we ran the ball more then we "MAY" have not thrown the 10 INT's. "IF" we were more balanced then a 138 pass to 55 run ratio we "MAY" have scored more then our 17 ppg average against the Giants in the last 3 contests. All of which were losses. 2 of which were Super Bowls. Was that better? Sorry I still had to throw in the facts. Next time I will try and throw out cheap one line insults like you. Perhaps it will register a little more clearly for ya...
    Posted by TrueChamp

"Why is it so hard for you to wrap that pea brain around the concept that BB isn't fooled by BJGE's "average" in that game. He knows the guy had TWO runs over 4 yards. But you expect BB to ask for more of that in the SB? Pffft."

Babeparelli.

Quote by you... Yet you clearly see below that 6 of his limited 10 carries went for over 4 yards or more. A 4.4 yard average is good.

All running backs get stopped for short or negative yards. Ask the Giants who's 1st 3 carries went for -1, 0 and 1 yard. Yet they handed that guy the ball 14 more times, despite having a QB who also threw for over 5000 yards.

That = balance. They had it, we didn't. How many times can I embarrass you on your own thread?

BJGE carries

Minus 1 yard

4 yards

4 yards

17 yards

4 yard
    s

2 yards

7 yards

5 yards

3 yards

minus 1 yard

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Nope, it wouldn't work, defenses would stack the box and shut down the run. They have to have a mix of passing and running, run some play action. If they had a guy like MJD back there they couldn't be stopped by even the best defenses. I'd looking forward to seeing what Ridley and Vereen have after a full camp. 

Deception regarding run vs pass is obviously a part of the game. But it is not always a part of the game. Sometimes you're just trying to create mismatches and sometimes you're just trying to make the D cover a lot of the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Deception regarding run vs pass is obviously a part of the game. But it is not always a part of the game. Sometimes you're just trying to create mismatches and sometimes you're just trying to make the D cover a lot of the field.

Thats what deception does, it creates mismatches. When a defense knows exactly what the offense is going to do they dictate the matchups. The Giants were able to do that for most of the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Then what was it?  Because as far as I can tell that is the most obvious way to interpet what you posted.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Have we ever ran the ball more then 3 plays in a row? The answe,r yes 3 times all season.

I think his point is that just like Antowain Smith in 2003 we don't need a stud RB to use a running game in the biggest games if the season. 3.7 ypc is adequate, just like 4.2 was last year for our 1,000 yard 13 tds guy.

Smith had 26 carries for a paltry 83 yards in the 03 SB despite his 3.9 ypc that year, but the commitment of the run led to a wide open passing game against one of the best D-lines in the game(much like the Giants 2 weeks ago)

We scored 32 points and Brady completed 32 passes, a then SB record.

Are you burying your head in the sand to the fact that running opens up the pass? It doesn't need to be 5ypc, it just needs to be accounted for by the defense.

I didn't think of it, just ask every successful coach in NFL history.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Thats what deception does, it creates mismatches. When a defense knows exactly what the offense is going to do they dictate the matchups. The Giants were able to do that for most of the game.

As they did our last 3 contests. 2 of them being SB's. All of them being losses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Have we ever ran the ball more then 3 plays in a row? The answe,r yes 3 times all season. I think his point is that just like Antowain Smith in 2003 we don't need a stud RB to use a running game in the biggest games if the season. 3.7 ypc is adequate, just like 4.2 was last year for our 1,000 yard 13 tds guy. Smith had 26 carries for a paltry 83 yards in the 03 SB despite his 3.9 ypc that year, but the commitment of the run led to a wide open passing game against one of the best D-lines in the game(much like the Giants 2 weeks ago) We scored 32 points and Brady completed 32 passes, a then SB record. Are you burying your head in the sand to the fact that running opens up the pass? It doesn't need to be 5ypc, it just needs to be accounted for by the defense.  I didn't think of it, just ask every successful coach in NFL history.

Bingo! Thanks, you explained it much better than I did lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Belichick needs a tutorial on football apparently.  It's really deplorable that some guy can coach a pro team for 12 years and have no idea how to manage the running game.  Kraft really needs to get off his duff and fire that loser.  In fact, I think Rusty was saying yesterday that if Belichick didn't deliver a Super Bowl win next year, Kraft should fire him . . . and trade Brady too. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : BabeParilli Posts: 3776 First: 5/29/2008 Last: 2/21/2012 In Response to Re: We are balanced. : In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Backing up an argument with facts means nothing to you. You consistently dismiss facts with statments like, {take away all of BJGE's good runs and he was terrible} How could I counter that argument? Should I make up a bunch of "if" scenarios too? Ok here goes. "IF" we hadn't thrown 10 int's in our last 8 playoff games we " MAY" have won more games. "IF" we ran the ball more then we "MAY" have not thrown the 10 INT's. "IF" we were more balanced then a 138 pass to 55 run ratio we "MAY" have scored more then our 17 ppg average against the Giants in the last 3 contests. All of which were losses. 2 of which were Super Bowls. Was that better? Sorry I still had to throw in the facts. Next time I will try and throw out cheap one line insults like you. Perhaps it will register a little more clearly for ya... Posted by TrueChamp "Why is it so hard for you to wrap that pea brain around the concept that BB isn't fooled by BJGE's "average" in that game. He knows the guy had TWO runs over 4 yards. But you expect BB to ask for more of that in the SB? Pffft . " Babeparelli. Quote by you... Yet you clearly see below that 6 of his limited 10 carries went for over 4 yards or more. A 4.4 yard average is good. All running backs get stopped for short or negative yards. Ask the Giants who's 1st 3 carries went for -1, 0 and 1 yard. Yet they handed that guy the ball 14 more times, despite having a QB who also threw for over 5000 yards. That = balance. They had it, we didn't. How many times can I embarrass you on your own thread? BJGE carries Minus 1 yard 4 yards 4 yards 17 yards 4 yard s 2 yards 7 yards 5 yards 3 yards minus 1 yard

You embarrass yourself with every post with your asinine crying to do more of what was obviously not getting it done.

BJGE carries

Minus 1 yard

4 yards

4 yards

17 yards

4 yard
    s

2 yards

7 yards

5 yards

3 yards

minus 1 yard

Woodhead carries.

Nearly 50% of the runs were 3 yards or less.

70% were 4 yards or less.

5% were over 7 yards.

The backs got 3.6 yards a carry. That is about the dismal number BJGE averaged for the year.

But you expect BB to want more of that? Ridiculous. I'll trust BB to know how to roll in the game over you.

This thread was about the balance for the season and it has been shown that your crying about balance in general just isn't so. You're the one focusing on one game, not this thread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : You embarrass yourself with every post with your asinine crying to do more of what was obviously not getting it done. BJGE carries Minus 1 yard 4 yards 4 yards 17 yards 4 yard s 2 yards 7 yards 5 yards 3 yards minus 1 yard Woodhead carries. 3 6 4 1 -1 4 1 Nearly 50% of the runs were 3 yards or less. 70% were 4 yards or less. 5% were over 7 yards. The backs got 3.6 yards a carry. That is about the dismal number BJGE averaged for the year. But you expect BB to want more of that? Ridiculous. I'll trust BB to know how to roll in the game over you. This thread was about the balance for the season and it has been shown that your crying about balance in general just isn't so. You're the one focusing on one game, not this thread.

stop using BB as a shield to defend your logic.....obviously BB is a great coach, that was never the argument......the debate is over the play calling and execution

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]No, that's not what I said. I said if Brady continues to play poorly when the chips are on the table, 40+ passes, turnovers, bad throws, etc, then you do trade Brady for a 1st rd pick and turn it ovet to Mallett or Hoyer.  Because it will be proof x 1000 that Brady has gone over the edge. It's what Ted Thompson did with Favre in 2008.  Thanks, but your ego has gotten out of hand. We're not at that point yet, but if this seriously happens again, we will be. Then you let BB transition it over to McDaniels.  Yep.  This is all in Brady's hands and BB's hands.  BB can only control what Brady does mentally and physically on the field so much. He probably has asked Brady what he was thinking on the awful INTs he's thrown in those spots, more than once.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Here's what you said: Get rid of Brady.  Get rid of Belichick:

. If we lose next year in the playoffs or SB for the same reason, it will be time to trade Brady (Yep) and let BB walk off into the sunset when his deal expires after 2013.  I have no isssue losing games when outplayed, but there is absolutely no reason to keep making the same mistakes over and over whether it be 2006 or 2011. Good day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Belichick needs a tutorial on football apparently.  It's really deplorable that some guy can coach a pro team for 12 years and have no idea how to manage the running game.  Kraft really needs to get off his duff and fire that loser.  In fact, I think Rusty was saying yesterday that if Belichick didn't deliver a Super Bowl win next year, Kraft should fire him . . . and trade Brady too. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Yeah, these clowns know so much more than BB that they would have kept feeding the ball to the 3.6 yards a pop running game rather than the 91 PR QB.

What did the great running game do when BB gave them a shot to make a diiference in the crucial part of the game with 4:40 left?

BJGE ran for a 1 yard loss to put them at 2nd and 11. Pffft.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No, that's not what I said. I said if Brady continues to play poorly when the chips are on the table, 40+ passes, turnovers, bad throws, etc, then you do trade Brady for a 1st rd pick and turn it ovet to Mallett or Hoyer.  Because it will be proof x 1000 that Brady has gone over the edge. It's what Ted Thompson did with Favre in 2008.  Thanks, but your ego has gotten out of hand. We're not at that point yet, but if this seriously happens again, we will be. Then you let BB transition it over to McDaniels.  Yep.  This is all in Brady's hands and BB's hands.  BB can only control what Brady does mentally and physically on the field so much. He probably has asked Brady what he was thinking on the awful INTs he's thrown in those spots, more than once.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Now you want to trade Brady. Brilliant thinking Einstein.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are balanced. : Here's what you said: Get rid of Brady.  Get rid of Belichick: . If we lose next year in the playoffs or SB for the same reason, it will be time to trade Brady (Yep) and let BB walk off into the sunset when his deal expires after 2013.  I have no isssue losing games when outplayed, but there is absolutely no reason to keep making the same mistakes over and over whether it be 2006 or 2011. Good day.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

And he calls other people trolls.

Trade Brady and fire BB. That's troll talk.