We are wasting a roster spot on #5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: We are wasting a roster spot on #5

In response to Vacilando's comment:

Let the Pat Robertson bandwagon move onto the CFL.

Bwahahahahaha.  Never heard that one before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm just curious for the people who say we need to waste a 53man spot for a practice QB.

What is the waste? The 53rd spot is a virtual street scrub anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm just curious for the people who say we need to waste a 53man spot for a practice QB.

[/QUOTE]

This particular street scrub would actually hurt the team with his sub par play bringing down the quality of talent throwing duck balls to receivers.  So we keep him why?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'll go on record as saying Tebow absolutely makes this team as the #3 QB and to go further I like what he brings to the table in terms of character and leadership in the locker room. I think these 2 intagibles go a long way for a team playing well when it counts....as in the playoffs.

"Defense Wins Championships"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

By this logic every year we should just donate 53rd players salary to a homeless shelter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I'll go on record as saying Tebow absolutely makes this team as the #3 QB and to go further I like what he brings to the table in terms of character and leadership in the locker room. I think these 2 intagibles go a long way for a team playing well when it counts....as in the playoffs.

What the hell does this mean "character and leadership?"  Who would listen or respect a guy on their team that is paid just to recite the gospel?  

let's just hire a team motivational speaker that does that professionally and also better than Tebow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just for the heck of it, what would you be thinking if you were an opposing D and saw....

Brady in the shotgun with Tebow standing right next to him? What are you going to call on defense?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

By this logic every year we should just donate 53rd players salary to a homeless shelter.

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, hey genius, what does the salary have to do with anything? LMAO# your "logic".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

What the hell does this mean "character and leadership?"  Who would listen or respect a guy on their team that is paid just to recite the gospel?  

let's just hire a team motivational speaker that does that professionally and also better than Tebow!

[/QUOTE]

So it is your position that Bill Belichick brought in a football player so he could, "recite the gospel"?

Go away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This particular street scrub would actually hurt the team with his sub par play bringing down the quality of talent throwing duck balls to receivers.  So we keep him why?

[/QUOTE]

What makes you think he would play?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

Just for the heck of it, what would you be thinking if you were an opposing D and saw....

Brady in the shotgun with Tebow standing right next to him? What are you going to call on defense?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

LOL, this based on the assumption that any team is afraid of Tebow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

On a more serious note the problem with this scenario is that it would require Tebow to be able to fulfill more than one role for it to be effective.  If all he can do is run with the ball in his hands then it is too predictable.  And if he doesn't get the ball it's basically giving the defense one less guy to worry about as the play develops.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I invite anyone to come watch the preseason practices to adequately understand just how badly of a passing QB Tebow truly is...  Stressing PASSING, and if a QB can't pass he isn't a QB at all.  Balls off the mark, spirals consistently unravelling past 10yds, and of course questionable reads.  

Dont insult FB, HB, and TEs that have made a living learning their positions only to have "a good football player" step in.   Lets not confuse a good guy with a good football player.

He's never caught regular passes nor has he consistently ran the ball so he doesn't fit any other position.

To be blunt you don't belong in the NFL if you cannot perform consistently Which he never has...

Time to move on, let Edelman mock a truly pistol QB and keep someone that can actually contribute.  He's been given opportunities time and again and failed.

Then you must be of the "BB is a f'n idiot" school, because BB signed the guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vacilando. Show Vacilando's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jesus H. Babe, why would we a keep a guy on the team that would not contribute to actually winning a game?  Emotional support?  That's why there are coaches, positional coaches, wives and girlfriends and teammates that actually DO PLAY!

Drinking tonight?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Your religious bigotry is showing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jesus H. Babe, why would we a keep a guy on the team that would not contribute to actually winning a game?  Emotional support?  That's why there are coaches, positional coaches, wives and girlfriends and teammates that actually DO PLAY!

Drinking tonight?

[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of scrubs on every NFL team that barely ever get on the field. Just ask Mallet.

Don't drink but maybe one beer a month.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I invite anyone to come watch the preseason practices to adequately understand just how badly of a passing QB Tebow truly is...  Stressing PASSING, and if a QB can't pass he isn't a QB at all.  Balls off the mark, spirals consistently unravelling past 10yds, and of course questionable reads.  

Dont insult FB, HB, and TEs that have made a living learning their positions only to have "a good football player" step in.   Lets not confuse a good guy with a good football player.

He's never caught regular passes nor has he consistently ran the ball so he doesn't fit any other position.

To be blunt you don't belong in the NFL if you cannot perform consistently Which he never has...

Time to move on, let Edelman mock a truly pistol QB and keep someone that can actually contribute.  He's been given opportunities time and again and failed.

Very Rutyesque post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

On a more serious note the problem with this scenario is that it would require Tebow to be able to fulfill more than one role for it to be effective.  If all he can do is run with the ball in his hands then it is too predictable.  And if he doesn't get the ball it's basically giving the defense one less guy to worry about as the play develops.

[/QUOTE]

So, as a defense your play call would be???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I finally got around to watching a quick replay of the Eagles game.  I liked what I saw for the most part, considering it was the first pre-season game.  One thing I didn't like was that BB hasn't cut Tebow yet.  The guy is undescribebly bad and will not improve.  He has been working on his "throwing" for 5 years now, and it looks just as terrible as it always has.  He isn't going to ever get to where he needs to be to play as an NFL QB.  Can we please use his roster spot on a QB who can actually throw?

Get off the guy's back! He's not that bad. Against the Eagles, he was given absolutely no time to throw. Like him or not, he's a winner. Besides, who says that he's going to make the team? Odds are that the Pats will carry two QBs, Brady and Mallett...and Tebow will be cut. Thereafter, he'll be added to the practice squad, if QB desperate Jacksonville doesn't pick him up. 

While on the practice squad, Tebow will be very helpful to the team when preparing to face mobile QBs like Cam Newton, and Kaepernick. So...let's support the guy, and give him a chance.

I don't think #5 has any practice squad eligability.  I'm pretty sure he would have to make the 53 man roster to stick.  Quite frankly, he really isn't even good enough to warrant a spot on the practice squad anyway.  Yes Tex, he really is that bad.  Sorry, just the truth.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Tebow could effect 11 times as many plays as Slater, yet no one is saying "get rid of Slater"

[/QUOTE]

How WILL TT affect any plays during the regular season if he is not on the field? He does not take TB off the field does he? He does not play other positions does he? I am not sure what you are refering to...

[/QUOTE]

he doesnt take TB off the field, but they could be on the field at the same time

so far we have seen in public practice pretty much pitch and catch, no hitting and players getting familiar with the plays and other players. The Eagles practices (which I did not see) brought in the element of hitting, and practicing against new faces and new plays...still not much in the way of game plans.

After TB practice this week, public practices are complete, and the team will get to work on what players can actually do on the team...I have a lot of confidence that BB and McD can game plan TT in certain situations.

I also like TT in the locker room and on the practice field.

I was skeptical all off season after he signed. I still dont see him playing straight QB at any time. But it is interesting what his other options could be. We saw in Denver that TT could run very well, and hit on some deep throws. The Jets, with Rex and Sporano were unable to creatively find any role for TT. I am coming around to thinking that BB and McD can. If they cannot, or TT cannot grasp what BB and McD want to do, they will simply shake hands and walk away.

[/QUOTE]

This guy couldn't get on the field and play for one of the worst offenses in the league.  Now he is going to one of the best and the gimmick tricks should work and warrant some playing time?

He couldn't take Sancheez's spot, now he is going to replace TB for spells in NE?

Backfield?  How many yards did Ridley run for last year?

[/QUOTE]

your post replies to my post needs 3 corrections;

-I stated he could not get on the field with the Jets because of Rex and Sporano. BB and McD could find a role for him

-I stated TT could be on the field along with TB

-Ridley is the main RB, but the team could carry 5, with TT being one of them in an H-back role. He runs bigger and is more a load to tackle than Blount.

[/QUOTE]

BB and McD know so much more about the extremely limited role this guy can play?  I love BB but this genuis thing is getting out of hand.

Ridley comes off the field for TT.  Almost as dumb as taking TB off the field.

Can you imagine are HOF QB driving down the field 78 yards to the two yard line and then TT coming in and lofting a wounded duck for an int in the endzone.  BB would be fried here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drinking tonight?

[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of scrubs on every NFL team that barely ever get on the field. Just ask Mallet.

Don't drink but maybe one beer a month.

[/QUOTE]

AS soon as Amendola is injured Edelman will be anything but a scrub.

Or we can have a cheerleader holding a clip board on the bench.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe in the past we've used the 53man spot to carry an extra OL, DL, or CB all of which provided needed depth during the year because of injury. When you try to break down a 53 man squad it's hard to keep everyone and tend to let go of a couple of good players every year and end up losing them in waivers because there simply is not enough room. The 53rd man is not always a scrub but a needed depth piece most times. Now the 8th player on the PS is a street scrub and is usually filled by a player similar to Tebow, a practice arm because it's not worth wasting a 53man spot for. But, Tebow can't be on the PS. Tebow is a great guy and great college player but not a NFL football player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Simple Babe, you play call the same as you would if Ridley or Vereen is next to Brady. Tebow can't throw so there is little danager of him throwing it and if he was going to throw it you know Brady's not going out for a pass or block so the Pats would essentially be putting themselves in the hole playing with 10 players not 11. You have a spy to watch Tebow for a draw run because you know he can't catch so there is nearly no way he'd release and out run a LB anyways (4.7 speed means Spikes could cover him). Tebow won't stay in and block because well he stinks at it. So right there if you try to have Tebow throw, Catch, or block the Pats would be putting themselves in a disadvantage over having someone like Vereen on the field limiting their playing ability. So the only logical conclusion is Tebow is meant to be a decoy or run a draw. In the latter case you rush two with 2 protecting the edge and a LB spy. If Tebow is a decoy then the Pats are only playing 10 players and you can afford to leave and extra LB in the box to watch him. You know who came up with that defense? BB, when he faced Tebow as a Jet and it worked all to well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

Simple Babe, you play call the same as you would if Ridley or Vereen is next to Brady. Tebow can't throw so there is little danager of him throwing it and if he was going to throw it you know Brady's not going out for a pass or block so the Pats would essentially be putting themselves in the hole playing with 10 players not 11. You have a spy to watch Tebow for a draw run because you know he can't catch so there is nearly no way he'd release and out run a LB anyways (4.7 speed means Spikes could cover him). Tebow won't stay in and block because well he stinks at it. So right there if you try to have Tebow throw, Catch, or block the Pats would be putting themselves in a disadvantage over having someone like Vereen on the field limiting their playing ability. So the only logical conclusion is Tebow is meant to be a decoy or run a draw. In the latter case you rush two with 2 protecting the edge and a LB spy. If Tebow is a decoy then the Pats are only playing 10 players and you can afford to leave and extra LB in the box to watch him. You know who came up with that defense? BB, when he faced Tebow as a Jet and it worked all to well.

2 good posts in a row. No wonder there is no response

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

True I'll give you that Tebow is a great person, without a doubt, but a great leader? Looking back at his last 2 teams he divided the locker room between guys that liked him and those that were just annoyed by him and thought he was a gimmick. It's a little hard to earn respect and be a leader when you're the 3rd QB on the roster and can't even throw. Imagine that speech,

"ok guys we can do it just get on my back and we'll win"

"Tebow where are you going?"

"Oh I'm not dressing today but I'll be tebowing harder than anyone else in Krafts box for you and that will lead you to victory"

You can be a great guy but unless you are a leader on the field you aren't one in the locker room and I don't see how Tebow can be a leader on the field. Is he going to work with the RBs to show them how to run and pick up blitzes? Is he going to work with the young WRs on their catching? Is he going to show Mallett how to read Ds and throwing mechanics? All Tebow can do on the field is work harder than anyone else but his cult following works against him as I'm sure players don't like the enormous crowds to follow him just to practice hard when players like Ridley are getting their block knocked off on gameday and don't get nearly the same following.

Great guy yes, leader well first he has to prove himself on the field to become that and he can't even get 2nd team reps to do that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if there is a direct snap to TT for a HB option sweep, how does your spy defense hold up? You can't possibly think TT is not better at a pass option than Ridley or Vereen.

(Just was putting this out there to explore the possibilities.)

Sections
Shortcuts