We are wasting a roster spot on #5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: We are wasting a roster spot on #5

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm just curious for the people who say we need to waste a 53man spot for a practice QB.

What is the waste? The 53rd spot is a virtual street scrub anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Babe in the past we've used the 53man spot to carry an extra OL, DL, or CB all of which provided needed depth during the year because of injury. When you try to break down a 53 man squad it's hard to keep everyone and tend to let go of a couple of good players every year and end up losing them in waivers because there simply is not enough room. The 53rd man is not always a scrub but a needed depth piece most times. Now the 8th player on the PS is a street scrub and is usually filled by a player similar to Tebow, a practice arm because it's not worth wasting a 53man spot for. But, Tebow can't be on the PS. Tebow is a great guy and great college player but not a NFL football player.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not buying it. You're saying that 53rd man is significantly better than the entire cast of guys that have been cut from NFL teams once the season starts. This team does not have enough talent in depth to make that claim true.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to Vacilando's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll go on record as saying Tebow absolutely makes this team as the #3 QB and to go further I like what he brings to the table in terms of character and leadership in the locker room. I think these 2 intagibles go a long way for a team playing well when it counts....as in the playoffs.

"Defense Wins Championships"

What the hell does this mean "character and leadership?"  Who would listen or respect a guy on their team that is paid just to recite the gospel?  

let's just hire a team motivational speaker that does that professionally and also better than Tebow!

[/QUOTE]

So it is your position that Bill Belichick brought in a football player so he could, "recite the gospel"?

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

For once, we seem to be sort of on the same side of an argument TC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

AS soon as Amendola is injured Edelman will be anything but a scrub.

Or we can have a cheerleader holding a clip board on the bench.

Edelman is lucky he even got signed by somebody.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

AS soon as Amendola is injured Edelman will be anything but a scrub.

Or we can have a cheerleader holding a clip board on the bench.

Edelman is lucky he even got signed by somebody.

Supposively he has looked good in practice.  He will play much more than TT ever will.

If something were to happen to DA we will really need him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And if there is a direct snap to TT for a HB option sweep, how does your spy defense hold up? You can't possibly think TT is not better at a pass option than Ridley or Vereen.

(Just was putting this out there to explore the possibilities.)

It's not the first time teams have faced that against us. Faulk use to run it all the time and so did Woodhead and Edelman and Hernandez. It's not a new wrinkle it's just having proper containment by the D. Btw Faulk also us to pass it sometimes too and given Tebow can't complete more passes than he throws I'd be less worried about that aspect if I was a D than him tossing it back to Brady to have Brady toss it. If Tebow was faster or a better passer than I'd agree with you but he's so poor passing and his speed is that of Spikes I wouldn't worry about him on the field at all. Frankly if I was a D I'd rather give him the 3-5yrds running the ball and hope he tries to throw it than I would have to try to defend Brady for any stretch. To me having him on the field to take the ball out of Bradys hands is a benefit not something I'd be worried about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm not buying it. You're saying that 53rd man is significantly better than the entire cast of guys that have been cut from NFL teams once the season starts. This team does not have enough talent in depth to make that claim true.

Yes, wouldn't the 53man person be logically better than the players that are cut? Hence why one is on a team and the others aren't? Unless you are saying BB is a complete idiot and keeps guys on his team that won't help the team but cuts those that will in which case by all means he'll keep Tebow. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll go on record as saying Tebow absolutely makes this team as the #3 QB and to go further I like what he brings to the table in terms of character and leadership in the locker room. I think these 2 intagibles go a long way for a team playing well when it counts....as in the playoffs.

True I'll give you that Tebow is a great person, without a doubt, but a great leader? Looking back at his last 2 teams he divided the locker room between guys that liked him and those that were just annoyed by him and thought he was a gimmick. It's a little hard to earn respect and be a leader when you're the 3rd QB on the roster and can't even throw. Imagine that speech,

You were in the locker room in Denver and N.Y? What I saw in Denver is a guy that lead his team to victory after taking over despite his problems throwing the ball. The players on the field rallied around him and believed in him. I don't think anything else is more important in a team sport. I think the media did what they do when beating a story to death and sure that might be annoying to some but nobody handles that like BB in N.E.

N.Y was the worst place he could have gone for several reasons. I think under the guy who drafted him and BB's coaching he has the opportunity to develop into a solid NFL QB. He already won a playoff game in Pittsburgh. I'll take a hard working "great" person with that kind of resume as the #3 QB any day. Not to mention his ability to run the football for big yards and tds.

To me Tebow was a no brainer pick up. N.E is the perfect spot for him.

"ok guys we can do it just get on my back and we'll win"

"Tebow where are you going?"

"Oh I'm not dressing today but I'll be tebowing harder than anyone else in Krafts box for you and that will lead you to victory"

You can be a great guy but unless you are a leader on the field you aren't one in the locker room and I don't see how Tebow can be a leader on the field. Is he going to work with the RBs to show them how to run and pick up blitzes? Is he going to work with the young WRs on their catching? Is he going to show Mallett how to read Ds and throwing mechanics? All Tebow can do on the field is work harder than anyone else but his cult following works against him as I'm sure players don't like the enormous crowds to follow him just to practice hard when players like Ridley are getting their block knocked off on gameday and don't get nearly the same following.

Great guy yes, leader well first he has to prove himself on the field to become that and he can't even get 2nd team reps to do that.

1st year he took over as the starter he went what 10-2? 3 come back wins or something and a road playoff win. I watched some of those games and he lead that team. They believed in him, and again that is an attribute I would take in any team sport in the world.

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Vacilando's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What the hell does this mean "character and leadership?"  Who would listen or respect a guy on their team that is paid just to recite the gospel?  

let's just hire a team motivational speaker that does that professionally and also better than Tebow!

[/QUOTE]

So it is your position that Bill Belichick brought in a football player so he could, "recite the gospel"?

Go away.

[/QUOTE]

For once, we seem to be sort of on the same side of an argument TC.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand why such an anti Tebow faction. I'm not a Tebow guy whatever that means but I'm intrigued to have a guy with his resume. Practices hard, high character( seems to be a rare commodity in this league lately) and has lead teams to championships in college and a playoff win in Denver. The Jets don't even count as they were a disaster last year. McD liked what he saw in this guy and BB is on the record with great things he has said about him. It is a no brainer fit imo. I don't get the hate?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

True from the mouths of Den players themselves:

"There wasn’t much talk about him, but you know everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’"

http://www.businessinsider.com/tebow-demaryius-thomas-2012-4

"I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104880/article/tim-tebow-ripped-by-unnamed-denver-broncos-player

"I've been following Tim in New York and I feel horrible for him. Everyone here, I think, wants the best for him. He's a good guy. But you can't turn Tim into something he's not, and he's not really an NFL quarterback. He's more of a gimmick player."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21243971/some-broncos-players-feel-sympathy-for-tim-tebow

No one hates Tebow as a person or is anti-Tebow but he's not a NFL QB and multiple players, coaches, and scouts have said the same along with our own eyes have said it. We don't want him to use up a spot on the team that someone who was better and can actually help the team would take. He gets way to much credit for what the D and his kicker did 2 years ago. What I don't understand is why people, like yourself, keep on raising higher than what he is. Like it or not True you are a Tebowite. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Just for the heck of it, what would you be thinking if you were an opposing D and saw....

Brady in the shotgun with Tebow standing right next to him? What are you going to call on defense?

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

NOT THE DREADED SHOTGUN.

On a more serious note the problem with this scenario is that it would require Tebow to be able to fulfill more than one role for it to be effective.  If all he can do is run with the ball in his hands then it is too predictable.  And if he doesn't get the ball it's basically giving the defense one less guy to worry about as the play develops.

So, as a defense your play call would be???

Simple Babe, you play call the same as you would if Ridley or Vereen is next to Brady. Tebow can't throw so there is little danager of him throwing it and if he was going to throw it you know Brady's not going out for a pass or block so the Pats would essentially be putting themselves in the hole playing with 10 players not 11. You have a spy to watch Tebow for a draw run because you know he can't catch so there is nearly no way he'd release and out run a LB anyways (4.7 speed means Spikes could cover him). Tebow won't stay in and block because well he stinks at it. So right there if you try to have Tebow throw, Catch, or block the Pats would be putting themselves in a disadvantage over having someone like Vereen on the field limiting their playing ability. So the only logical conclusion is Tebow is meant to be a decoy or run a draw. In the latter case you rush two with 2 protecting the edge and a LB spy. If Tebow is a decoy then the Pats are only playing 10 players and you can afford to leave and extra LB in the box to watch him. You know who came up with that defense? BB, when he faced Tebow as a Jet and it worked all to well.

And if there is a direct snap to TT for a HB option sweep, how does your spy defense hold up? You can't possibly think TT is not better at a pass option than Ridley or Vereen.

(Just was putting this out there to explore the possibilities.)

Um, have you seen Tebow throw?  Ridley, Veren, Blount, etc can't be any worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

True from the mouths of Den players themselves:

"There wasn’t much talk about him, but you know everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’"

http://www.businessinsider.com/tebow-demaryius-thomas-2012-4

"I feel really, really bad for Tim. He's a good person, just not an NFL quarterback."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000104880/article/tim-tebow-ripped-by-unnamed-denver-broncos-player

"I've been following Tim in New York and I feel horrible for him. Everyone here, I think, wants the best for him. He's a good guy. But you can't turn Tim into something he's not, and he's not really an NFL quarterback. He's more of a gimmick player."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/21243971/some-broncos-players-feel-sympathy-for-tim-tebow

No one hates Tebow as a person or is anti-Tebow but he's not a NFL QB and multiple players, coaches, and scouts have said the same along with our own eyes have said it. We don't want him to use up a spot on the team that someone who was better and can actually help the team would take. He gets way to much credit for what the D and his kicker did 2 years ago. What I don't understand is why people, like yourself, keep on raising higher than what he is. Like it or not True you are a Tebowite. 

Like it or not there are mnay fans who are not as emotionally infected by the Tebow signing as you and others appear to be. I happen to be in the middle. I don't think he has been a great QB, but to me it was obvious he was a winner based on his time winning championships and leading the Broncos on a complete turn around after they had dug a grave with Kyle Orton. Despite what an un named broncos player says about him not being a QB people like Bill Belichick think he is a QB and one with some rare qualities as shown below.

Just remember that you have an opinion, and it could be wrong. Other people who work in the NFL obviously disagree with you and our coach happens to be one of them.

But you are entitled to your opinion that anybody who doesn't hate this signing is a Tebowit or whatever. I guess we can throw in a few others in this category as well.

"He's a winner,'' said Kraft, who was hosting the Myra Kraft Community MVP Awards at Gillette Stadium in honor of his late wife. "I don't know anyone who hasn't said anything but positive things about him. I'm happy he is part of our franchise.''

The owner, who said he watched Tebow when he was at the University of Florida, likes the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner's competitiveness and spirituality and thinks he will be a locker room asset.

"You can't get enough people like him," Kraft said. "Life is about collecting good people around you. You can't have enough good people.''

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick on Tuesday called New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow a "valuable" player, highlighting both his offensive and special-teams versatility.

"We saw him play last year. He quarterbacked that team to the playoffs, (the) Denver (Broncos)," Belichick said of Tebow. "In addition to some of the quarterbacking things, he's done a lot of other things with the Jets, so, yeah, of course he's a valuable guy.

"When he's the quarterback, he's the quarterback: He can run, he can throw, he can run the option, he can run their regular offense," Belichick said. "They can run Tebow-type plays that Denver ran last year, or that (offensive coordinator Tony) Sparano ran when he was in Miami."

"He doesn't always line up at quarterback when he's in there on offense, so you have to be ready to deal with him at other positions as well," he said. "He's a good runner, he's a strong runner, very strong. He's mobile in the pocket, (a) smart player, he can do a lot of different things. Different option plays and things like that, so you certainly have to be aware of him when he's in there."

"In the kicking game, he's dangerous because of the versatility, but it's really no different than any other punting situation in that you have to cover the eligible receivers," Belichick said.

"You have to be alert for them to snap the ball to the personal protector, and whether he ends up on a sweep or however they do it, those are things that you have to prepare for every week with your punt-return unit," Belichick continued. "The fact that it's him and he's a big strong guy who's a good runner and can throw the ball makes it -- he can do a little bit more than a lot of guys that are back there."

"Weinke, a former Heisman Trophy winner with Florida State who worked with Tebow at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., for the past month, told USA Today on Monday there’s “no question” that Tebow can still play the QB position in the NFL."

Tebow may no longer be a lame-duck quarterback without a contract, but according to a handful of quarterback tutors, including Trent Dilfer and Chris Weinke, among others who have recently praised Tebow’s changed throwing motion, he won’t be throwing his signature lame-duck passes for much longer, either.

“Like I told Tim when I found out (Monday) that he signed, ‘You’re locked and loaded, ready to go,’” Weinke told USA Today on Tuesday.

The most recent praise came from former IFL (Intense Football League) All-Star Dennis Gile, who worked extensively with Tebow on his throwing mechanics for more than three months in Scottsdale, Ariz., after last season. Gile, who was himself once signed by the Patriots as a undrafted free agent in 2003 but was subsequently released during training camp, told the Los Angeles Times on Tuesday that Tebow’s throwing motion has become “100 times better.”

“In shorts, out there on the football field, he changed his motion and he’s very smooth,” said Gile, who trains passers in Arizona alongside partner Mike Giovando. “I’ve got it on film, and film doesn’t lie.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tebow-thrown-compliments-qb-gurus-100-time-better-article-1.1371241#ixzz2bxej3QiC

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

TEBOW, Edelman, and Ras-I all make the team. No question in my mind. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Even with a healthy Brady there's a small role for Tim Tebow.  Who remembers the effect that the Miami Dolphin Wildcat initially had on the Patriots? 

Take Brady out and put Tebow in for a bare minimum of one play every two games, on the goal line or on second and 1 yard, perhaps in the fourth quarter when the Patriots want to eat the clock, where one play is hardly enough time for an experienced quarterback like Tebow to screw up a read-option that much.  You'll have about a dozen NFL defensive coordinators uttering the Lord's name in one form or another.  If practice time in the middle of the season is oxygen to other defenses, then Tebow sucks just a little more oxygen out of the room for them.  They have to prepare for the read-option or else Tebow is going to succeed with his play, and then Tebow is going to come back to the same play again and again on the defense until it doesn't succeed.

Preparing for Tom Brady is already a logistical nightmare.  He ran the NFL's most uptempo offense last year, and many defenses just crumpled up under time pressure.  There's nothing like wide-open, unguarded receivers because some poor cornerback couldn't get into position in time.  On top of this, the Pats have a notably unusual bunch of receivers. If you think it's tough guarding Gronk, wait until you see the defense guard Gronk and Suds at the same time.  Nobody in the NFL keeps twins to adequately guard two of them, they're too tall, they're too open.  Gronk also blocks.  Sudfeld threw a decent downfield block himself last week.  Then there's the shorter guys like Dobson, who can also compete against little Papa Smurf cornerbacks.  Then comes the other shoe, explosive guys like Amendola, Edelman, Boyce and Kenbrell Thompkins Spellcheck.  That's Mister Spellcheck to you.  Most NFL cornerbacks are built like indy race cars for speed, but not for hugging tight curves.  So, BB has a ton of mismatches and opponents have to spend time practicing for them.

Tebow just sits there on the bench most of the game, not screwing up, but his mere presence helps Bill Belichick to win the game. 

Now, if Brady does fall down and bust his buns for a few weeks, Mallett and Tebow should probably tag-team throughout the whole game.  A two-headed Mallett and Tebow will be vastly more effective against a defense than either one will be individually.  Mallett is the fastball, Tebow's the curveball.  BB has an extremely intelligent group of starters who can pre-adapt to the switchoffs in preseason.  Tebow comes in, the defense goes back on their heels.  Tebow gets a blow, the defense can't adjust back to a pocket passer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just don't understand why such an anti Tebow faction. I'm not a Tebow guy whatever that means but I'm intrigued to have a guy with his resume. Practices hard, high character( seems to be a rare commodity in this league lately) and has lead teams to championships in college and a playoff win in Denver. The Jets don't even count as they were a disaster last year. McD liked what he saw in this guy and BB is on the record with great things he has said about him. It is a no brainer fit imo. I don't get the hate?

A lot of the anti-Tebow stuff stems from religious bigotry and empty, cliche driven, imagined football expertise. (two things that always pisss me off.)

But the bottom line is that TT's ACTUAL accomplishments compare very favorably to a guy like Luck. And TT has had zero official support compared to the absolute fawning Luck has received.

I can see TT being used to close out big leads. That will save some hits on an aging Brady and add a dimension you want at that juncture which Tom does not provide. You don't need a HOF passer when you are trying to burn up clock in a late 3rd quarter near blowout. And BB might also use TT as a back in the shotgun with Brady. He could be a sweep/pass option guy, a receiver out of the backfield, or simply take a handoff and run. If anybody can exploit the multiple abilities of TT, it's BB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Um, have you seen Tebow throw?  Ridley, Veren, Blount, etc can't be any worse.

I have. His throwing isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be and is far far far superior to that of any running back.

It's comical that people moan about his accuracy so much, in the light of his excellent abilities to take care of the ball. Andrew Luck wishes he took as good care of the ball as Tebow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Even with a healthy Brady there's a small role for Tim Tebow.  Who remembers the effect that the Miami Dolphin Wildcat initially had on the Patriots? 

Take Brady out and put Tebow in for a bare minimum of one play every two games, on the goal line or on second and 1 yard, perhaps in the fourth quarter when the Patriots want to eat the clock, where one play is hardly enough time for an experienced quarterback like Tebow to screw up a read-option that much.  You'll have about a dozen NFL defensive coordinators uttering the Lord's name in one form or another.  If practice time in the middle of the season is oxygen to other defenses, then Tebow sucks just a little more oxygen out of the room for them.  They have to prepare for the read-option or else Tebow is going to succeed with his play, and then Tebow is going to come back to the same play again and again on the defense until it doesn't succeed.

Preparing for Tom Brady is already a logistical nightmare.  He ran the NFL's most uptempo offense last year, and many defenses just crumpled up under time pressure.  There's nothing like wide-open, unguarded receivers because some poor cornerback couldn't get into position in time.  On top of this, the Pats have a notably unusual bunch of receivers. If you think it's tough guarding Gronk, wait until you see the defense guard Gronk and Suds at the same time.  Nobody in the NFL keeps twins to adequately guard two of them, they're too tall, they're too open.  Gronk also blocks.  Sudfeld threw a decent downfield block himself last week.  Then there's the shorter guys like Dobson, who can also compete against little Papa Smurf cornerbacks.  Then comes the other shoe, explosive guys like Amendola, Edelman, Boyce and Kenbrell Thompkins Spellcheck.  That's Mister Spellcheck to you.  Most NFL cornerbacks are built like indy race cars for speed, but not for hugging tight curves.  So, BB has a ton of mismatches and opponents have to spend time practicing for them.

Tebow just sits there on the bench most of the game, not screwing up, but his mere presence helps Bill Belichick to win the game. 

Now, if Brady does fall down and bust his buns for a few weeks, Mallett and Tebow should probably tag-team throughout the whole game.  A two-headed Mallett and Tebow will be vastly more effective against a defense than either one will be individually.  Mallett is the fastball, Tebow's the curveball.  BB has an extremely intelligent group of starters who can pre-adapt to the switchoffs in preseason.  Tebow comes in, the defense goes back on their heels.  Tebow gets a blow, the defense can't adjust back to a pocket passer.

Initially being the key word.  Is it a good idea to take are HOF QB off the field inside the red zone? Imagine if TT fumbles the snap or worse throws a duck into the endzone and its intercepted.  How dumb would BB look.  Worth the roster spot to have him for one play every other game?

How does this help?

I have to disagree again.  All TT will be doing is taking valuable reps away from Mallet, who may become the QB of the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

True, when you say he's a winner as your logic just shows you are one of his fanatics. He's a winner is not true when you look at it objectively. He actually did everything to keep them out of most of the games they won. If not for the good graces of his D and his kicker he'd have a losing record with the numbers he put up. Btw, the article you posted was a typical puff piece after signing with the team. I can pull up the same type of pieces after he was drafted and after the Jets traded for him. The difference is put up articles from the same team after he's off the team. It tells a completely different story. And, the claim he looks 100 times better, from everything we've seen and has been reported before he must of thrown like a 4 yr old right handed girl throwing lefty. It's the only way to throw 100 times better.

Honestly True what do you want to team to say "This guy stinks", "I can't believe I drafted this guy", "His mechanics haven't improved at all"? To get the real story you have to get it after he released not after he's just signed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

True, when you say he's a winner as your logic just shows you are one of his fanatics. He's a winner is not true when you look at it objectively. He actually did everything to keep them out of most of the games they won. If not for the good graces of his D and his kicker he'd have a losing record with the numbers he put up. Btw, the article you posted was a typical puff piece after signing with the team. I can pull up the same type of pieces after he was drafted and after the Jets traded for him. The difference is put up articles from the same team after he's off the team. It tells a completely different story. And, the claim he looks 100 times better, from everything we've seen and has been reported before he must of thrown like a 4 yr old right handed girl throwing lefty. It's the only way to throw 100 times better.

Honestly True what do you want to team to say "This guy stinks", "I can't believe I drafted this guy", "His mechanics haven't improved at all"? To get the real story you have to get it after he released not after he's just signed

PatsEng, you may have some logic to your argument, but Tebow is not about logic, it's about magical belief and hope and I for one look forward to Tebow rather than lead foot Mallett Time!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well, I disagree. Note how you have turned me into a "Tebowite" when first disagreeing with you and I am now a "Tebow Fanatic" after posting factual quotes from Kraft, BB and QB guru's who all say great things about him.

I would also point out that I believe Belichick when he says he brings in players based on what is best for the team. if you have payed attention to anything this man has said while coaching in this league I would say a "puff piece" is the last thing on his mind. He doesn't worry about selling tickets as Prolate suggested, and he doesn't bring in players that he thinks will sux as you say. I think BB see's some quality characteristics in this kid and I won't be surprised if he is on this football team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well, I disagree. Note how you have turned me into a "Tebowite" when first disagreeing with you and I am now a "Tebow Fanatic" after posting factual quotes from Kraft, BB and QB guru's who all say great things about him.

I would also point out that I believe Belichick when he says he brings in players based on what is best for the team. if you have payed attention to anything this man has said while coaching in this league I would say a "puff piece" is the last thing on his mind. He doesn't worry about selling tickets as Prolate suggested, and he doesn't bring in players that he thinks will sux as you say. I think BB see's some quality characteristics in this kid and I won't be surprised if he is on this football team.

True tebowite and tebow fanatic are the same things and the only reason I call you that is the arguments you are making. Only people who are those use the he's a winner defense and that he's a good guy and leader as to the reasons why he makes the team. If you remove Tebow the person and look hard at the games he won and his actually throwing stats it's hard for anyone to argue he's a NFL QB. When you have players he's played with, coaches he's played under, and scouts that scouted him all saying he's not a NFL QB and you still keep making the argument that he is because he's a winner it's hard to think of you as anything but. But, please explain to me without using the he's a winner argument or he's a good guy reference to explain what qualities he brings to the team that makes him valuable. Keep in mind the Pats aren't using him as a TE so far, haven't had him line up as a FB yet, he failed in practice as a personal protector and in NY as the same, and that he's currently averaging less than 45% completition in camp and the first preseason game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"1st year he took over as the starter he went what 10-2? 3 come back wins or something and a road playoff win. I watched some of those games and he lead that team. They believed in him, and again that is an attribute I would take in any team sport in the world."

I have nothing against TT.  He seems like a great guy and all but give some credit to that FG Kicker in Denver.  That Dude was spectacular, nailing 50+ yarder's in a lot of those games and some were for W's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

TEBOW, Edelman, and Ras-I all make the team. No question in my mind. 

One of the rookies can return punts and you might have jinxed all of them!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

True tebowite and tebow fanatic are the same things and the only reason I call you that is the arguments you are making. Only people who are those use the he's a winner defense and that he's a good guy and leader as to the reasons why he makes the team.

People use that argument because being a leader and having great character are 2 qualities BB looks for in a player.

If you remove Tebow the person and look hard at the games he won and his actuallythrowing stats it's hard for anyone to argue he's a NFL QB.

Why would you only look at a running QB's throwing stats when evaluating his performance? Let me cherry pick some stats for you. I just looked up this guys stats and he has scored 27 tds to 9 interceptions in his 16 starts for the Broncos.

He rushed for over 5 ypc and 11 of those 27 tds. If my starting QB scores 27 tds with 3,300 total yard and only throws 9 picks in his 1st year(16 game total) as a starter then he has some good qualities.

When you have players he's played with, coaches he's played under, and scouts that scouted him all saying he's not a NFL QB and you still keep making the argument that he is because he's a winner it's hard to think of you as anything but.

Then what is BB? I guess he has not listened to an unnamed broncos player who said bad things about the guy. BB brought him in for a reason.

But, please explain to me without using the he's a winner argument or he's a good guy reference to explain what qualities he brings to the team that makes him valuable.

Oh, well let me first explain to you how oxygen is good to breath without using that whole, "it keeps us alive argument". I mean, why are you telling me to use criteria which only benefits your argument? How about this, tell me why he isn't valuable without using that whole 47% completion statistic? 

Keep in mind the Pats aren't using him as a TE so far, haven't had him line up as a FB yet, he failed in practice as a personal protector and in NY as the same, and that he's currently averaging less than 45% completition in camp and the first preseason game.

Look, I disagree with your opinion that he is terrible. However, I would admit that if Tebow cannot improve on his throwing accuracy then he will not be a great QB. Yet I think he has shown enough to give a 3rd QB spot to with the hopes to develop his motion/mechanics. Especially given he will be learning from the greatest QB and greatest coach to ever live. I would be surprised if he was cut at this point.

[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Knowing BB, it's a host of small reasons that justify it. 

1.) He helps them scout teams with running Qbs. 

2.) He makes teams have to prepare *something* in case he plays, because the O is so different with him in it, even if it's overall very inferior. Any resources a team wastes are wasted. All the Pats need to do is flash one or two option plays, and opposing teams have to prepare like they have many more.

3.) He contributes on special teams/depth at FB etc. Using him on punt protection, though, is something I'll add they can continue to work on. Because he is expendable, you don't worry about him getting injured, but he can throw a lot better than a RB, and run a lot better than a QB, and has a frame that could block. Trick plays could be an option. 

I'd cut him too and get a real third stringer, but hey that's me. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

First True you look at a QBs throwing stats because that's what QBs do. In a passing league QBs who run first don't last very long or even make rosters so throwing is the most important stat otherwise he might as well be a running back. It's simple if you are a D going against a running QB you say fine I dare you to throw it and we'll stack the box to prevent you from running. That's what the Pats did to Tebow and it worked. Actually after the Pats did it once the entire league did it and Tebow became nothing special except for the playoff game which Pit couldn't get out of their own way. The only reason the Wilson's, RGIIIs, and Kapernicks worked last year is because they could throw on the run and complete passes. BTW as far as what BB looks for in a player I don't think that qualifies anymore not after Hern, Dennard, Talib, Thompkins. BB looks for players with talent first and character second.

You analogy with oxygen would be right if you said explain why oxygen is good without telling me it burns blue and is part of the air. Saying someone is a winner or is a good guy doesn't make them a good player just like saying oxygen burns blue and is air doesn't mean they it keeps you alive. Saying someone is a good player is the same as saying oxygen keeps you alive. But, more to your point ok, here's my explaination on why he isn't a good QB without using 47%. Tebow tends to throw to his receivers in a manner that could get them injured, he doesn't know how to throw it away which leads to sacks, he makes poor decisions on the field when panicked, when his pass is off it tends to act like a duct and float in the air, while scrambling he doesn't do a good job protecting the football, he takes to many chances trying to lobe it over defenders instead of throwing it through him, his mechanics are such that he has a harder time throwing on the run than he does standing still which as a scrambling QB is a lot, it's known he has a learning disability that might cause him the inability to fix said problems. Boy that was easy, would you like more? I don't know where you got the 10-2 record because in 11' he started 13 games (including playoffs) and won 7 while losing 5, that's 7-5, of those 13 games he scored less than 20 points 9 times when you take away D and ST TDs (I'll give him FGs) it jumps up to 11 times out of the 13 games. 8 of those games he completed 10 or less passes. What kind of QB completes less than 10 passes a game more often than not? That's not even pointing out his completion % just showing how rarely he actually throws.

Talk about cherry picking you mentioned his TDs (including rushing) but failed to mention his fumbles along with the ints? He had just as many fumbles as he did ints that year.

BB brings in a lot of players and most never make the team. Some are just camp bodies or to gather info on. He doesn't bring every player in with a reason to use them on the 53man squad. He admits that every year when he says he brings in people just for competition. Just because he brought him in doesn't mean he has a plan to use him on the 53 man squad just like he doesn't have a plan for the bottom 20 players on the team right now. Don't forget the BB comments about him not thinking Tebow was a player. I'm sure that has something to do with it. BB has a big ego we all know that so it's just as likely he brought Tebow on the team to prove something to the media as he brought Tebow on the team to throw passes into the dirt.