We are What we said Indy was!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

We are What we said Indy was!!!!!

Didn't we used to say that Indy couldn't go the distance because they had one over paid super star and couldn't afford balance and depth on the rest of the roster.  LOL look in the mirror.  One player now accounts for 1/8th of the payroll.  That player (among others) had a crappy day today.  That player should have come into the game after the 10-0 deficit, and fired up the troops.  Instead he threw the ball to peoples feet and far over their heads.  Hope Brady and a bunch of rookies can win 3 or 4 straight in Postseason cause that's the way it's gonna be for the next few years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!!

Giggity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to We are What we said Indy was!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Didn't we used to say that Indy couldn't go the distance because they had one over paid super star and couldn't afford balance and depth on the rest of the roster.  LOL look in the mirror.  One player now accounts for 1/8th of the payroll.  That player (among others) had a crappy day today.  That player should have come into the game after the 10-0 deficit, and fired up the troops.  Instead he threw the ball to peoples feet and far over their heads.  Hope Brady and a bunch of rookies can win 3 or 4 straight in Postseason cause that's the way it's gonna be for the next few years.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Any more notes on that piano of yours?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't we used to say that Indy couldn't go the distance because they had one over paid super star and couldn't afford balance and depth on the rest of the roster.  LOL look in the mirror.  One player now accounts for 1/8th of the payroll.  That player (among others) had a crappy day today.  That player should have come into the game after the 10-0 deficit, and fired up the troops.  Instead he threw the ball to peoples feet and far over their heads.  Hope Brady and a bunch of rookies can win 3 or 4 straight in Postseason cause that's the way it's gonna be for the next few years.

Your thesis might have merit if the Pats had given Brady his contract ext in the offseason and that had affected their ability to sign players but since that took place the week of the 1st game it doesn't appear that his pay has any affect on this years team

why don't you get back to us next year and we can re-evaluate?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Can't agree with anything you said, but if you had said we have become a soft pass happy offense destined to lose in the playoffs to a hard nosed running team than you'd probably be right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Really though, what's happening on the forum today. Every game counts but this game counts a little less we're not that much badly off having lost the game we might have another in the loss column but we're soooo angry now heading into 2 of the games by which we will be heavily measured in terms of the playoffs. Relax, let them do their thing next week and hopefully by monday next week we'll have proved what we're made of 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Who's we?  You and your 15 personalities.  Give up your whiney a@@ biotching about Bradys hair, where he lives, his wife and how much he makes.  I can assure you that no one wants to hear your BS.  Other than your alter ego's, of course.  BTW in cased you missed it, there is no Cap this year and if there was, we would be 30 million under it.  Go suuck Farves toes(all 11 of them).  We know you like that.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Scuzz,

Your rant about everyone who is not a brainless automoton Brady worshiper is the same person, is getting very old. 

You are a paranoid dork.

Just for your own education, most teams have decided to stay at or around where the cap would be even in this uncapped year.  They did this for a few reasons, not the least of which is because they believe there will be a cap next year and they want to keep things on track to be under that.

Are you calling Kraft cheap by saying we would be 30 million under the cap if there was one?  That would be false.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

So 1 bad half and tom brady is no good?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Your thesis might have merit if the Pats had given Brady his contract ext in the offseason and that had affected their ability to sign players but since that took place the week of the 1st game it doesn't appear that his pay has any affect on this years team why don't you get back to us next year and we can re-evaluate?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]

Except that there are those here who would argue Manning's last contract hurt the colts while Brady gave his team a discount.  Interestingly, the colts after those contracts went to two sb's and won one while the pats went to one and lost.  Additionally, since the contracts the colts are 5-1 vs. the pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Until Indy wins two more SBs, there's really no comparison.  Yes, Brady is paid a butt-ton of bucks and yes, he stunk today as did the rest of the team.  But, at last count he's beating your Indy over-paid guy by two SB's.  So I guess you should ask yourself how much those two more SBs are worth.  I'd say about one-eighth of the overall payroll and at least a dollar more than Peyton will make on his next contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Your thesis might have merit if the Pats had given Brady his contract ext in the offseason and that had affected their ability to sign players but since that took place the week of the 1st game it doesn't appear that his pay has any affect on this years team why don't you get back to us next year and we can re-evaluate?

Qball,

Tom has been a huge cap hit for years.  It's laughable when people say he paid for peanuts as a home town discount.  He's counted like ten bucks less against the cap than Manning for years.  Look it up.  It is just more huge now.  We will see the effects of the even Huger cap hit next year when the cap is reinstated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Scuzz, Your rant about everyone who is not a brainless automoton Brady worshiper is the same person, is getting very old.  You are a paranoid dork. Just for your own education, most teams have decided to stay at or around where the cap would be even in this uncapped year.  They did this for a few reasons, not the least of which is because they believe there will be a cap next year and they want to keep things on track to be under that. Are you calling Kraft cheap by saying we would be 30 million under the cap if there was one?  That would be false.

Sybil you are the only one ranting, over and over on every thread about Bradys hair, where he lives, who he married and how much he makes. Perhaps you should get yourselves together and realize He will never be yours, so give it up!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Except that there are those here who would argue Manning's last contract hurt the colts while Brady gave his team a discount.  Interestingly, the colts after those contracts went to two sb's and won one while the pats went to one and lost.  Additionally, since the contracts the colts are 5-1 vs. the pats.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

I have made that arguement myself - as you probably remember - however - what I said here is that hey, let's wait and see what happens - the Patriots have made a commitment to re-tooling through the draft  - which may  very possibly become a much more economical thing after the CBA is sorted out

If it looks like the Pats do not address areas of need( running game, pass rush) either through the draft or free agency then the arguement could be made that they hurt the team with the contract they gave Brady

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Until Indy wins two more SBs, there's really no comparison.  Yes, Brady is paid a butt-ton of bucks and yes, he stunk today as did the rest of the team.  But, at last count he's beating your Indy over-paid guy by two SB's.  So I guess you should ask yourself how much those two more SBs are worth.  I'd say about one-eighth of the overall payroll and at least a dollar more than Peyton will make on his next contract.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

Gr8,

You are missing the point.  When we won those rings Brady was a reasonably priced system QB playing on a well balanced team with depth.  Since he signed his first superstar contract in 05?  We have won nothing (well except for those stat filled 18 games in 07).  But it's not about the stats right?  It's not about regular season wins right?  It's about superbowls right? 

Now we are what we said they were.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Sybil you are the only one ranting, over and over on every thread about Bradys hair, where he lives, who he married and how much he makes. Perhaps you should get yourselves together and realize He will never be yours, so give it up!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Scuzz,

Didn't you just post the same thing five minutes ago?  After today Brady should cut his hair and spend more time in the film room and less time putting on product.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Indy down by nine

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : I have made that arguement myself - as you probably remember - however - what I said here is that hey, let's wait and see what happens - the Patriots have made a commitment to re-tooling through the draft  - which may  very possibly become a much more economical thing after the CBA is sorted out If it looks like the Pats do not address areas of need( running game, pass rush) either through the draft or free agency then the arguement could be made that they hurt the team with the contract they gave Brady

Qball,

I like what you are saying about building through the draft etc..  I hope we can keep enough of the guys we draft to compete for rings.  Is it possible we haven't been able to address the pass rush and running game, because we didn't have the cap space to do it?

All in all I am optimistic about having all those picks next year and having the rookie cap in place.  I've probly been too hard on Brady.  I'd rather have him than anyone else.  I guess I just feel a little bit betrayed with the huge contract.  He is set for life and really could have lived up to his reputation as being a "hometown discount" guy.  He's set for life.  Maybe they could have given him an incentive laden contract that would max out at 19 per.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Scuzz, Didn't you just post the same thing five minutes ago?  After today Brady should cut his hair and spend more time in the film room and less time putting on product.

No sybil, 2 completely different posts! You and yours need to learn how to read.
    I think you've been turned down too many times by guys that wear hair product.
    He will never be yours!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Fail.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Gr8, You are missing the point.  When we won those rings Brady was a reasonably priced system QB playing on a well balanced team with depth.  Since he signed his first superstar contract in 05?  We have won nothing (well except for those stat filled 18 games in 07).  But it's not about the stats right?  It's not about regular season wins right?  It's about superbowls right?  Now we are what we said they were.

I don't think I'm missing the point - you're comparing TB's present paycheck (on a contract he just signed - yes, large, but still the ink is drying) - BUT, it's an uncapped year, so the "hit" against the cap doesn't exist - though I grant you it will once the next CBA is signed by both parties.  My point was you're trying to put a "price" on TBs success compared to Mannings.  Manning's been paid far more than TB has until the latest contract signing and when Manning does sign later this year, I'm willing to bet he'll be better paid than TB.  So, when taking all the money both have made in their careers - TB's value as measured in SB success, has been far greater than Peyton's value - thus far.  Only time will tell whether or not that value continues - but up to now, I'll take TB's return on investment over Peyton's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : I don't think I'm missing the point - you're comparing TB's present paycheck (on a contract he just signed - yes, large, but still the ink is drying) - BUT, it's an uncapped year, so the "hit" against the cap doesn't exist - though I grant you it will once the next CBA is signed by both parties.  My point was you're trying to put a "price" on TBs success compared to Mannings.  Manning's been paid far more than TB has until the latest contract signing and when Manning does sign later this year, I'm willing to bet he'll be better paid than TB.  So, when taking all the money both have made in their careers - TB's value as measured in SB success, has been far greater than Peyton's value - thus far.  Only time will tell whether or not that value continues - but up to now, I'll take TB's return on investment over Peyton's.

Gr8,

You are wrong.  Brady has counted as much (close enough) against the cap as Manning since 05 when he signed his superstar contract (don't tell me about that time in 07 when he moved 10 bucks from one part of his contract to another to help sign Moss).  This most recent Contract is even bigger, and you are right that it hasn't affected personel decisions yet, but it surely will.

As for Brady's success vs. Mannings, those three rings were when Brady was a system QB making market (not celebrity) money.  It was when we used to pay the middle class of the team and had quality and depth at every position.  You are actually making my point for me bro.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Gr8, You are wrong.  Brady has counted as much (close enough) against the cap as Manning since 05 when he signed his superstar contract (don't tell me about that time in 07 when he moved 10 bucks from one part of his contract to another to help sign Moss).  This most recent Contract is even bigger, and you are right that it hasn't affected personel decisions yet, but it surely will. As for Brady's success vs. Mannings, those three rings were when Brady was a system QB making market (not celebrity) money.  It was when we used to pay the middle class of the team and had quality and depth at every position.  You are actually making my point for me bro.

Well, I beg to differ - but neither of us are going to change the other's opinion, so we'll have to agree to disagree.  That said, if you're that wrapped up over TBs earnings as they pertain to the overall welfare of the team as a whole and if going a whole six years without a SB upsets you that much, might I suggest you become a fan of another team (which, I believe you probably are anyway).  We had a bad loss today - other teams are better than us at this point in time this year.  We may not win the SB this year or for several others.  My point is, I'll take TB regardless of his salary and today's stinker any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are What we said Indy was!!!!! : Well, I beg to differ - but neither of us are going to change the other's opinion, so we'll have to agree to disagree.  That said, if you're that wrapped up over TBs earnings as they pertain to the overall welfare of the team as a whole and if going a whole six years without a SB upsets you that much, might I suggest you become a fan of another team (which, I believe you probably are anyway).  We had a bad loss today - other teams are better than us at this point in time this year.  We may not win the SB this year or for several others.  My point is, I'll take TB regardless of his salary and today's stinker any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Gr8,

First, I'm a longtime pats fan and I'll thank you to not imply otherwise. 

Second, you'll take Brady "regardless of salary"?  lol.  You can't be serious.  Are you that much of a Homer as to say that it would be impossible to overpay him?  His agent strolled into the offices and said 1) Brady is a superstar.  2) The fans worship him unconditionally. 3) He's builiding a city out in Hollywood so you are gonna have to pay big to keep him here.

You see Gr8 it is the unconditional (and irrational) worship of him that forced management to overpay, and then caused the cutbacks in other areas of the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

What do you mean by "we"? Aren't you an ex-pat who has chosen to live in another country? You don't matter.

Sections
Shortcuts