We Control Our Own Destiny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

We Control Our Own Destiny

If we take of business, we're the #1 seed!  Didn't think I'd be saying that tonight.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Re: We Control Our Own Destiny

You just beat me to this thread! It's awesome how we now control everything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sad part is with O that cant score in first half and shaky defense, no way Pats win in both Miami and Baltimore, especially since both are literally playoff games for both teams who need to win out for the 6th playoff spot

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

It will be difficult to beat the Ravens in Baltimore without Gronk but the pats had surprised multiple times this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Winning out isn't going to be easy.  As we saw last week, we can't discount any team.  I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will be difficult to beat the Ravens in Baltimore without Gronk but the pats had surprised multiple times this year.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't we blow the game last year with Gronk and Welker last year? I think we did. We stopped/never tried to established the run.

[/QUOTE]

Defense fell apart once Talib went out.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't we blow the game last year with Gronk and Welker last year? I think we did. We stopped/never tried to established the run.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you BB!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sad part is with O that cant score in first half and shaky defense, no way Pats win in both Miami and Baltimore, especially since both are literally playoff games for both teams who need to win out for the 6th playoff spot

[/QUOTE]

yeah thats how i feel too. the patriots were very lucky to win these last three games and the way theyve been playing i caant see them beating miami or baltimore. the bills may give them trouble too. im just being realistic here based on what weve seen since the bye week. the patriots are a very good team but when you lose the key starters that theyve lost it isnt going to bode well. got to give credit to belichick... hes done a very good job at keeping the team focused. most teams would have packed it in. brady has made some big plays but the o line has been awfull.. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, no.  He's talking about Week 3 down there last year when the refs came out when Edelman was yanked down on that great catch or cheapshotted in the zone by Reed.

Or, the missed FG to lose it, when they claimed it was good. It was so bad, the replacement had to be replaced.

[/QUOTE]

That's the game the defense BLEW A 2 SCORE LEAD, TWICE, in one game!!!!!!

Too bad they would have eliminated them from the play-offs with a loss there and never would have had to play them in the AFC.

Oh, what might have been, if not for the D. AGAIN!.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, no.  He's talking about Week 3 down there last year when the refs came out when Edelman was yanked down on that great catch or cheapshotted in the zone by Reed.

Or, the missed FG to lose it, when they claimed it was good. It was so bad, the replacement had to be replaced.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad they would have eliminated them from the play-offs with a loss there and never would have had to play them in the AFC.

[/QUOTE

yeah if i remember correctly they had the lead late in the game and the ravens scored a couple of quick touchdowns in the closing minutes to win the game. i dont think they had talib yet.. they traded for him a few weeks later. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"That's the game the defense BLEW A 2 SCORE LEAD, TWICE, in one game!!!!!!"

Yep. Like Rusty I was bitterly disappointed in how Brady blew the coverage. I mean, he's not the fastest guy but if he angles properly from the safety position, he should be able to shut those down without getting flagged. Hitting his guy off the line of scrimmage before dropping back into coverage would have made a big difference also. Grrr....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

It's not about Gronk; it's about the D and the O-line.  That's what it comes down to.  If the O adjusts to dink and dunk and trusts that Ridley has repented his fumbling ways, it will still be effective enough.  

Of course, Gronk takes the offense to a whole new stratosphere, but insomuch as the next 2 games, they CAN put points on the board, especially if they can finally establish the run.

Keep opposing offenses off the field by getting an early lead and establishing the run.  The odds are that the Pats are due to jump out to an ealry lead finally.  If the D is not on the field for 7 minutes at a time, they'll have enough to make stops when needed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we take of business, we're the #1 seed!  Didn't think I'd be saying that tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Yessir! or is it ma'am?  This is the time of year we thrive!  BB knows just how to push the buttons to get his team believing they can get it. Now they have something to play for and will put everything into these last 3 games to get their goal and BB will dangle the bye week in front of them and remind them of the rest they will get after 3 hard weeks of football and then on to the Dance Babaaay!! (Dick Vitale Voice)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and we also couldn't defend the pass. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Winning out isn't going to be easy.  As we saw last week, we can't discount any team.  I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

[/QUOTE]

That is how I feel. I just think tonight proves that Denver is not some juggernaut. Tired of the media with that.

[/QUOTE]

They are vulnerable just like every team. They can be scored on fairly easily and Gomer can be limited. They are more than beatable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

yeah if i remember correctly they had the lead late in the game and the ravens scored a couple of quick touchdowns in the closing minutes to win the game. i dont think they had talib yet.. they traded for him a few weeks later. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the playoff game against the ravens? Talib played in that game but went out with an injury. The back of the defense never recovered after that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LuvsThosePats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yessir! or is it ma'am?  This is the time of year we thrive!  BB knows just how to push the buttons to get his team believing they can get it. Now they have something to play for and will put everything into these last 3 games to get their goal and BB will dangle the bye week in front of them and remind them of the rest they will get after 3 hard weeks of football and then on to the Dance Babaaay!! (Dick Vitale Voice)

[/QUOTE]

it sure wouldn't hurt having the #1 seed

[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe how many people are sitting here frightened of Miami and not even giving us a chance to win. The same fools who were probably sticking out their chests when the Miami troll was here in August. Not one person respected what Miami did and most called Wallace a bust. Now after we have WON some close games against "conceived" Inferior opponents we are conceding losses now?  WOW man

Un Informed Fans. You guys got me sounded like Rally now. Wake up a nd Grow a Pair! This team has Grit. Slow starts are usually do to starting the game with bad playcalling. All that can be fixed. Playing the 5th ranked D shouldnt be easy, nor should playing the # 1 D in Houston. If you are worried about the Dolphins offense and them shredded us than you probably dont like our chances in postseason so just stop watching now. Bmore is game I could see folks being scared of but Miami? Yes they are a tough team but its a divisional game and its always close. You guys act like we are gonna be lucky to hang around. Just put someone to cover Clay who is everywhere and we know Wallace will be bracketed and shut down. Call a good game and protect # 12 and get outta there with a W.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not sure the seed matters.   Brady has been brutal at home lately in AFC title games.

3 TDs, 7 INTs in his last 3.   I almost welcome the road AFC title game again to get him to wake up.

[/QUOTE]

It does matter. It's 1 less game to reach the SB. I would rather go that route than to have to play an extra game plus do so on the road. Clearly the #1 seed is an advantage for many reasons. I don't think the seed or where we play has any bearing on waking players up. If you are not awake for a playoff game, then you will never be awake. This is what you dream about as a kid, and this is what they have waited their entire lives for. Brady is no different.

i am not going to go on a rant about who is at fault. Clearly Brady shares it, but so does the D.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is how I feel. I just think tonight proves that Denver is not some juggernaut. Tired of the media with that.

[/QUOTE]

They are vulnerable just like every team. They can be scored on fairly easily and Gomer can be limited. They are more than beatable.

[/QUOTE]

Look at it from the bandwagon whiner point of view. It goes like this....

There are no other good teams or QBs in the NFL. Every game we lost had nothing to do with the fact that the other team and QB was better than us that day. The Pats are the best in the NFL at every position every year and if the team didn't screw up we'd be undefeated SB champions every year.

This is the kind of idiocy you get from 'fans' who know nothing about football.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts