We Control Our Own Destiny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: We Control Our Own Destiny

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

If we take of business, we're the #1 seed!  Didn't think I'd be saying that tonight.

Can't have it any better than that.  Won't be easy with 2 road games at tough venues for the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

Welcome to the BDC Sports Forum Glen R!

You nailed it!

Welcome? I've been posting here off and on for 10 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to nomadfan's comment:

It will be difficult to beat the Ravens in Baltimore without Gronk but the pats had surprised multiple times this year.

Didn't we blow the game last year with Gronk and Welker last year? I think we did. We stopped/never tried to established the run.

Have you contacted the Pats to be their OC and HC for the next three games and through the playoffs?  Appears to me if you replace McD and BB, the Pats will win it all!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Winning out isn't going to be easy.  As we saw last week, we can't discount any team.  I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

That is how I feel. I just think tonight proves that Denver is not some juggernaut. Tired of the media with that.

They are vulnerable just like every team. They can be scored on fairly easily and Gomer can be limited. They are more than beatable.

Look at it from the bandwagon whiner point of view. It goes like this....

There are no other good teams or QBs in the NFL. Every game we lost had nothing to do with the fact that the other team and QB was better than us that day. The Pats are the best in the NFL at every position every year and if the team didn't screw up we'd be undefeated SB champions every year.

This is the kind of idiocy you get from 'fans' who know nothing about football.

Are you responding to me or Russ?

every team is beatable. Including us. I hate to use the cliche, but it holds true in that any given Sunday, any team can beat another. It gets even more apparent in the playoffs. Everything is up for grabs and we are in a good position to capitalize on it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It will be difficult to beat the Ravens in Baltimore without Gronk but the pats had surprised multiple times this year.

Didn't we blow the game last year with Gronk and Welker last year? I think we did. We stopped/never tried to established the run.

Defense fell apart once Talib went out.

No, TFB, it is the play of Brady that is the core reason the Pats don't play well.  Tough to multi-task and play all 22 positions at once.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You nailed it!

Leon can't remember what he posted yesterday!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Have you contacted the Pats to be their OC and HC for the next three games and through the playoffs?  Appears to me if you replace McD and BB, the Pats will win it all!

I think you are on to something. However, I would rather have Russ playing instead of Brady. I think Russ would protect the ball better and know exactly when to run or pass. I heard he reads defenses very well, knows how to set the oline protection and always, always finds the open guy without staring anyone down. And the best part of it....Russ has no binkies. He won't be clouded by his trust, confidence in nor fondness for any one player. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Winning out isn't going to be easy.  As we saw last week, we can't discount any team.  I'm just going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

That is how I feel. I just think tonight proves that Denver is not some juggernaut. Tired of the media with that.

They are vulnerable just like every team. They can be scored on fairly easily and Gomer can be limited. They are more than beatable.

There are no other good teams or QBs in the NFL. Every game we lost had nothing to do with the fact that the other team and QB was better than us that day. The Pats are the best in the NFL at every position every year and if the team didn't screw up we'd be undefeated SB champions every year.

every team is beatable. Including us. I hate to use the cliche, but it holds true in that any given Sunday, any team can beat another. It gets even more apparent in the playoffs. Everything is up for grabs and we are in a good position to capitalize on it. 

But, glenr doesn't go the other way.  There are certain posters here who are so focused on one player being the cause of all the Pats ills and losses.

He is correct if all he does is pay attention to those fans who simply say "Pats win it all" without regard for the teams faults and make it appear it is a given they'll win it all.  The team has as good a chance as any.

Wouldn't it be nice that the team caught fire at the right time, will all the pieces falling into place and they make a run like other "unexpected" teams have in the past?  If the team itself feels confident they can put it together, how can I, as a fan, say otherwise, and feel the team doesn't have a clue and they'll never make it to the SB as some here profess.  Let us see them try their best and if they do make it, we'll shout and scream all the louder!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yesterday and the day before we were discussing injuries and the violence of the game.

I made the point that all teams experience injuries during the season to key players and it wasn't just the pats.

Then we were discussing the all out violence of the game and how most of us just love to see a guy get blown up on the field of the play. A real decleater that gets off you off your feet. Nothing like it!

I remember when we were discussing it you had to excuse yourself becuse you feeling squeemish and didn't care for the BIG HIT.

I think that sums up the last couple of days pretty well.

Okay I get it....every team has injuries and guys IR'd this time of year. I think the point was its not just the pats, but, the pats decimation includes more probowl/all pro type talent than say the other playoff teams currently in the picture. Vollmer, Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly are some of the best if not the best at their respective positions. 

PI have no,issue with big hits. Love them as long as they are legal and don't permanently injure someone unnecessarily. I don't watch the game because of it. I watch because it is the ultimate team sport, unlike any other. Hits are a part of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Get the Patriots in a Super Bowl covered in snow, they'll win.  

That the victory will come in new yack, all the better...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"That's the game the defense BLEW A 2 SCORE LEAD, TWICE, in one game!!!!!!"

Yep. Like Rusty I was bitterly disappointed in how Brady blew the coverage. I mean, he's not the fastest guy but if he angles properly from the safety position, he should be able to shut those down without getting flagged. Hitting his guy off the line of scrimmage before dropping back into coverage would have made a big difference also. Grrr....

Hey now stop picking on Rusty. It's not the D's fault. Just like this year, I'm sure he's saying the run D has been great and Jones and Vellano have been shutting runners down even if they are ranked 31st in the league in run D. Don't let silly facts get in the way, it's Brady's fault for not being able to play NT why they are so low not that we have 2 rooks who shouldn't even be starting and 1 who most likely won't be on the Pats next year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

But, glenr doesn't go the other way.  There are certain posters here who are so focused on one player being the cause of all the Pats ills and losses.

He is correct if all he does is pay attention to those fans who simply say "Pats win it all" without regard for the teams faults and make it appear it is a given they'll win it all.  The team has as good a chance as any.

Wouldn't it be nice that the team caught fire at the right time, will all the pieces falling into place and they make a run like other "unexpected" teams have in the past?  If the team itself feels confident they can put it together, how can I, as a fan, say otherwise, and feel the team doesn't have a clue and they'll never make it to the SB as some here profess.  Let us see them try their best and if they do make it, we'll shout and scream all the louder!

Makes sense And I agree. 

Now is the time to catch fire. They have showed already they are resilient and don't give up. The injuries I think derail and continuity. example, they were just re acclimating Gronk into the lineup. He finally was his old self. Then gets hurt again. They have experience playing without him, but need to acclimate to it again. They have 3 games to do this and get everyone p,aging at. High level. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lifer- look at Green Bay- Now they have their starting QB out and look what happened to them-Your post sounds like an excuse. Everybody has injuries to key players...everybodY.

Yes it is the ultimate team sports ,moving at 100 miles an hour every play. If a guy gets hurt a guy gets hurt. It happens. I love the BIG HIT and always will.

Ahh, it's no excuse, simply an observation. They have survived without them but there is no denying these guys are key cogs in the wheel and not just a player On the 53. 

Qb is like no other position. Especially when you have an all pro playing it. You lose an all pro and instantly any connection to pass catchers, how the protection is set, comms in the huddle and at the line, pace/flow of the offense, etc suffers immensely...which means you don't put up points. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Get the Patriots in a Super Bowl covered in snow, they'll win.  

That the victory will come in new yack, all the better...

Yes, to win in NY would be delicious.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Get there first Lifer and Wozzy but I do appreciate the enthusiasm.

Leon, one of the rare, sensible, posts you have made.

Any fan, of any team, should have the enthusiasm thier team has the chance to make it to the big dance if they are in the running.  The Pats currently are.  But, right now, they have to win in Miami..then we'll go from there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I'll drink myself silly if the Pats can beat the Ravens down in BAL. Not only will that put the Pats in for the first seed (provided they beat MIA this week), but they'll keep the Dirty Birds out of the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Get there first Lifer and Wozzy but I do appreciate the enthusiasm.

We have a chance every year, far better than knowing you never have a chance every year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Lifer- look at Green Bay- Now they have their starting QB out and look what happened to them-Your post sounds like an excuse. Everybody has injuries to key players...everybodY.

Yes it is the ultimate team sports ,moving at 100 miles an hour every play. If a guy gets hurt a guy gets hurt. It happens. I love the BIG HIT and always will.

Ahh, it's no excuse, simply an observation. They have survived without them but there is no denying these guys are key cogs in the wheel and not just a player On the 53. 

Qb is like no other position. Especially when you have an all pro playing it. You lose an all pro and instantly any connection to pass catchers, how the protection is set, comms in the huddle and at the line, pace/flow of the offense, etc suffers immensely...which means you don't put up points. 

When anyone who is not a Pats fan makes the "same" obervations, it is an opinion etc..  In Leon's mind, a Pats fan who makes these same observations is making excuses.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

You nailed it!

Leon can't remember what he posted yesterday!

Same dribble

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

When anyone who is not a Pats fan makes the "same" obervations, it is an opinion etc..  In Leon's mind, a Pats fan who makes these same observations is making excuses.

Every forum looks the same after a loss.  It was the refs etc.

last night I read in the Denver forum that Goodell lives in New England and what is why he favors New England.   Really?  The New England JETS?

I hear that Pat fans behave badly (some do) but last night there were at least 3 stabbings in the parking lot in Denver after the game.

these trolls that try to say that whining and boorish behavior is unique to Pats fans should take a look at their own team forum sometime.

Jets, Giants, Colts, Broncos and don't get me started on the Ravens and Saints fans who are whining superstars.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Every forum looks the same after a loss.  It was the refs etc.

last night I read in the Denver forum that Goodell lives in New England and what is why he favors New England.   Really?  The New England JETS?

I hear that Pat fans behave badly (some do) but last night there were at least 3 stabbings in the parking lot in Denver after the game.

these trolls that try to say that whining and boorish behavior is unique to Pats fans should take a look at their own team forum sometime.

Jets, Giants, Colts, Broncos and don't get me started on the Ravens and Saints fans who are whining superstars.

isn't it the same analogy where some people think that their own shyt don't stink? Laughing

More succinctly put.  Yes.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts