"We do what's best for the team."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

With Belichick as GM, the Patriots have won more games than any other NFL team in the last dozen years and have had the most success overall.  So who are the proven GMs who are better?  Could we have some names of viable candidates?  

start with the GM's who dont have Tom Brady and coach in the AFC Easy for the past decade and we will go from there...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Wagers on open. I've asked many people on here who challenge me on this to accept my more than fair offer.

35+ passes vs Balt and a win, I lose the bet.

35- and we lose, I lose the bet.

35- and we win, I win the bet.

Actually it isn't a fair offer.  You've stacked the odds in your favor.  The driving force in terms of pass attempts is situational football followed closely by execution.  What keeps pass attempts down is either it is incredibly effective (e.g. Pitt this year) or they have a big lead and are content to run out the clock.  If NE is passing a lot it either means they are behind or they aren't getting big plays and need to grind their way down the field.  The problem is you get the causation backwards which is what many people have been saying to you for years now.

BRAVO!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Rasi Dowling

Cunningham

Chung

Ron Brace

Tavon Wilson

Hightower

Butler

Merriweather

Maroney

Spikes - 2 down player gone next year

McCourty - average safety drafted to play corner

Taylor Price

Jackson

Wheatley

Mallett - lucky he only has to handle a clipboard

Vollmer - I'm good for 4 games

Hernandez - how's that risk, high reward working out?

Gronk - didn't we not draft Clay Mathews for him? Love Gronk, but he's done.

Not all of this is Bill's fault^^^, but all of bellow is

Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor, Mike Wright, Albert Hayneswoth, Jonathan Fenene, Shaun Ellis, Joseph Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Robert Gallery, Steven Gregory, Schiancoe, Fells, Ballard, Adrain Wilson, Washington, Michael Jenkins, Leigh Bodden,Lloyd, Holt, Galloway.

There is not another GM in the league who would not have to answer some very serious questions about all this, and who knows? Maybe Kraft will this year.

with apologies to Paul Simon:

Where have you gone Parcells and Pioli? Brady turns his lonely eyes to you..woo woo woo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Rasi Dowling

Cunningham

Chung

Ron Brace

Tavon Wilson

Hightower

Butler

Merriweather

Maroney

Taylor Price

Jackson

Wheatley

Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor, Mike Wright, Albert Hayneswoth, Jonathan Fenene, Shaun Ellis, Joseph Addai, Stallworth, Gaffney, Robert Gallery, Steven Gregory, Schiancoe, Fells, Ballard, Adrain Wilson, Washington, Michael Jenkins, Leigh Bodden,Lloyd, Holt, Galloway.

There is not another GM in the league who would not have to answer some very serious questions about all this, and who knows? Maybe Kraft will this year.

Where have you gone Parcells and Pioli? Brady turns his lonely eyes to you..woo woo woo

NY GIANTS DOWN THE TUBES...10 WINS?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re:

Rasi Dowling

Cunningham

Chung

Ron Brace

Tavon Wilson

Hightower

Butler

Merriweather

Maroney

Taylor Price

Jackson

Wheatley

True, he might have had some of those discussions with Kraft.

My bigger problem with posts like this is that you make it seem like BB is unique. It takes but a moment to google other teams and see the same exhaustive laundry list of misses or question marks on every other GM's resume. Specifically INCLUDING OZZIE whom everyone always references as one of the better GM's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

Rasi Dowling

Cunningham

Chung

Ron Brace

Tavon Wilson

Hightower

Butler

Merriweather

Maroney

Taylor Price

Jackson

Wheatley

NY GIANTS DOWN THE TUBES...10 WINS?

woo woo woo

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

Wagers on open. I've asked many people on here who challenge me on this to accept my more than fair offer.

You realize 35 pass attempts is the NFL average per game, don't you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

You realize 35 pass attempts is the NFL average per game, don't you?

Then take the bet Snake Man!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

Don;t have the offense disappear for long stretches over and over ansd you get your stops.

Miami was 4/11 on 3rd downs.

misleading stat. as they were 2/4 in the second half and one of those converted a 4th so actuslly 3/4 kinda. good first half by the defense. very good. they couldnt even force third down situations in the second half..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re:

With Belichick as GM, the Patriots have won more games than any other NFL team in the last dozen years and have had the most success overall.  So who are the proven GMs who are better?  Could we have some names of viable candidates?  

start with the GM's who dont have Tom Brady and coach in the AFC Easy for the past decade and we will go from there...

Okay, let's have some names.  There are 28 teams if you want to exclude the AFC East.  Which of those teams' GMs should Robert Kraft have in for interviews?  Not a single name has been put forward in this entire discussion.  Surely if Belichick is so awful, a number of alternatives must come to mind right away. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re:

rusty going hard at joe lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

yup. dont get me wrong the O has underperformed but the second half D last 3 weeks has been bad as well and its true...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re:

Okay, let's have some names.  There are 28 teams if you want to exclude the AFC East.  Which of those teams' GMs should Robert Kraft have in for interviews?  Not a single name has been put forward in this entire discussion.  Surely if Belichick is so awful, a number of alternatives must come to mind right away. 

i never said bellichick was awful...u just asked for others who coul be considered and i pointed out that bb the gm has had two things in his favor others have not and the first one-Brady-is a big advantage and covers many a GM sin...plus it sounds weird but its true: BB the GM benefits from BB the coach

just b/c one can coach talent does not mean one can evaluate or pick talent

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

yup. dont get me wrong the O has underperformed but the second half D last 3 weeks has been bad as well and its true...

No. One pre-determines the other. The offense. Go to the source. In an offensiver era like this, you can't have an offense so inept for such large stretches and then expect the D to hold to two FGs in each half or pitch a shutout in one half and also the other.

It's beyond irrational.

If your D is holding to FGs and generally getting off the field, our offense has a responsibility to share the load for the goal of complementary football.

The defense more than did their past last week holding Cleveland to two FGs, with some ref calls going against our D in absolutely and utterly egregious fashion, and this week, it was 10-10 towards the end of the 3rd qtr, but what did our offense do in the 3rd qtr?

NOTHING!

A quick drive, a missed FG and momentum back with nice starting field position and confidence for Miami.

After each team exchanged FGs to open the 3rd, he is the Pats second drive.

New England Patriots at 7:31NEMIA 1st and 10 at NE 20 S.Ridley left tackle to NE 29 for 9 yards (C.Clemons).     2nd and 1 at NE 29 S.Ridley left guard to NE 31 for 2 yards (C.Clemons).     1st and 10 at NE 31 S.Ridley right guard to NE 33 for 2 yards (R.Starks).     2nd and 8 at NE 33 T.Brady pass incomplete short right to J.Boyce [C.Wake].     3rd and 8 at NE 33 (Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at NE 26 for -7 yards (C.Wake).     4th and 15 at NE 26 (Punt formation) R.Allen punts 49 yards to MIA 25, Center-D.Aiken. M.Thigpen to MIA 34 for 9 yards (C.White).    

DRIVE TOTALS: NE 10, MIA 10, 5 plays, 6 yards, 2:14 elapsed

OH NO JOE!!.. Potential burn coming... :P

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re:

DOwn only 7, we panic and this is where it goes awry. The shotgun spread addiction:

Then entire drive is a shotgun spread! Game over.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331215015&period=4

Do ya see? Do ya see?

All we had to do was not panic, keep running it, eat clock and get 7. But, we shot ourselves in the foot to the point we limited our playbook once in the red zone.

FAIL.

Scheme fail. And that started way back on the 2nd drive of the game. You can't committing to a run game.

We would have tied it, eaten some clock, regained momentum and possibly had the ball last, if not taken the lead outright to ice it.

literally rusty... every single person. everyone. everyone espn, nfl, anywhere anyoone. has mentioned defensive struggles. yes we all know the offense is a struggle guess what? should not affect the defenses play. they have been giving up points in the secind half.

its a team loss. offense certainly could've done more. defense (gregory making a 4th & 5 tackle) could've done more as well. its true

Re:

Don;t have the offense disappear for long stretches over and over ansd you get your stops.

Miami was 4/11 on 3rd downs.

misleading stat. as they were 2/4 in the second half and one of those converted a 4th so actuslly 3/4 kinda. good first half by the defense. very good. they couldnt even force third down situations in the second half..

Right, but the real misleading stat is Brady's 2 TD and 352 yards.    If we had run the ball better in the 3rd or committed to it after the 1st drive, we would have eaten more clock earlier in that game.

Miami never had the last drive.

Think SB 46 and why we lost that game.  Hurts to think about, but it's the truth. 

When the D knows you were never genine about sticking to a run game to the point McDaniels and Brady are jonesing for their crack pipe all game long, the trap has been set.

And, that's what teams do to McDaniels and Brady. Think of what BB did to Gomer forcing him into handing it off instead.

Same concept.  These QBs with the big egos and whatnot can be baited.  Brady is angry at the playcalling and he should be. He's partly responsible.

ok atleast you agree on that. and that is true too. i agree, already told you i agree we need to stick to a consistent run. thatll help the o-line too...

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re:

Okay, let's have some names.  There are 28 teams if you want to exclude the AFC East.  Which of those teams' GMs should Robert Kraft have in for interviews?  Not a single name has been put forward in this entire discussion.

Doing that is a sucker's bet. Providing a specific name simply brings a 39 page back and forth argument comparing BB to whomever.

That's why I keep it simple. Despite BB the GM having the best coach in the game and the best QB in the game, he hasn't won a SB in 8 years.

Simple. Honest. Irrefutable.

Re:

He's trying to draw him into the dark side.

Re:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

He's trying to draw him into the dark side.

dont worry. i stay objective. offense can be better, yes. defense, needs to be alot better

Re:

DOwn only 7, we panic and this is where it goes awry. The shotgun spread addiction:

Then entire drive is a shotgun spread! Game over.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331215015&period=4

Do ya see? Do ya see?

All we had to do was not panic, keep running it, eat clock and get 7. But, we shot ourselves in the foot to the point we limited our playbook once in the red zone.

FAIL.

Scheme fail. And that started way back on the 2nd drive of the game. You can't committing to a run game.

We would have tied it, eaten some clock, regained momentum and possibly had the ball last, if not taken the lead outright to ice it.

literally rusty... every single person. everyone. everyone espn, nfl, anywhere anyoone. has mentioned defensive struggles. yes we all know the offense is a struggle guess what? should not affect the defenses play. they have been giving up points in the secind half.

its a team loss. offense certainly could've done more. defense (gregory making a 4th & 5 tackle) could've done more as well. its true

You're right joe. Stand your ground.

Rusty has an agenda, just like UD6.

Every word out of their mouths serves that agenda. Every word from Rusty is motivated by a worship of BB. Every word from UD6 is motivated by a worship of Manning.

T'was ever thus.

Of course the whole world knows our D has sucked for years now. Only Rusty and the homers deny that.

• Sections
    Shortcuts