We don't need these guys. See you later.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We don't need these guys. See you later.

Talib - How many times is he going to get hurt in the biggest game of the year? You can't give this guy a long term contract and watch him battle hip injuries all year, only to get healthy enough and then get hurt again. Think about who hurt him this time...Welker. Welker couldn't hurt a canary without getting concussed...he had no problem hurting Talib. I don't care if you say, "oh he took a hard hit...it could of happened to anyone". Bull crap! That is a play that happens to people everyday in the NFL, there was nothing crazy or flukey about it. He is injury prone. Just sign some other corner for half the price and call it a day. I'm done with this guy.

Amendola - No need for him. He did nothing all year. He is an injury waiting to happen and he has no legs to separate. Don't need him.

Arrington - This guy stinks. Did anyone have a worse year than him?

Blount - Not going to be missed if someone makes the mistake of paying him next year. I wanted to see what he would do today with a defense focusing on him, I think he showed what that was.

Vollmer - Great player when healthy, but when is that exactly? Two years ago I watched him Have to be helped to his knees evey other play. This year he didn't make it to November. This guy has back problems, knee problems, leg problems...it's a problem, he's not going to make it through a season. Why keep him around? He's not dependable...we've got plenty of guys like that on this roster already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: We don't need these guys. See you later.

In response to mthurl's comment:

Talib - How many times is he going to get hurt in the biggest game of the year? You can't give this guy a long term contract and watch him battle hip injuries all year, only to get healthy enough and then get hurt again. Think about who hurt him this time...Welker. Welker couldn't hurt a canary without getting concussed...he had no problem hurting Talib. I don't care if you say, "oh he took a hard hit...it could of happened to anyone". Bull crap! That is a play that happens to people everyday in the NFL, there was nothing crazy or flukey about it. He is injury prone. Just sign some other corner for half the price and call it a day. I'm done with this guy.

Amendola - No need for him. He did nothing all year. He is an injury waiting to happen and he has no legs to separate. Don't need him.

Blount - Not going to be missed if someone makes the mistake of paying him next year. I wanted to see what he would do today with a defense focusing on him, I think he showed what that was.

Vollmer - Great player when healthy, but when is that exactly? Two years ago I watched him Have to be helped to his knees evey other play. This year he didn't make it to November. This guy has back problems, knee problems, leg problems...it's a problem, he's not going to make it through a season. Why keep him around? He's not dependable...we've got plenty of guys like that on this roster already.

I guess you can add Gronk to this list too.

It was very disappointing to see Talib go down early in this game.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

If you're complaining about Talib and Vollmer being injured, do you want Gronk back?  

Talib and Vollmer are iron men compared to him. 

I'd dump Amendola ASAP, he's useless.  Try to trade Gronk for a draft pick. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'll give Vollmer one more year and see... but

all the other 3... agree.

unless talib is back for 5 mill at one year with no gtd $ besides that, pass.

Amendola epitimizes the word disappointment.

Sounds bad but i honestly think i might have better balll instincts than Arrington. he seems clueless when its hanging up there. kinda sad. but he did go to Hofstra for college (FYI hofstra doesnt play football anymore)

Blount, like I said all year, is our best homerun RB when in the open but if there isnt a gaping 5 foot hole the guy looks like MAroney. dances for no gain. Ridley, if can stay away from fumbles, is a very productive RB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Agree on Talib, Amendola, Arrington, Blount.

I'd keep Vollmer.  It's surely a risk, but I don't have confidence that he can be easily replaced with equal talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

If you're complaining about Talib and Vollmer being injured, do you want Gronk back?  

Talib and Vollmer are iron men compared to him. 

I'd dump Amendola ASAP, he's useless.  Try to trade Gronk for a draft pick. 

Well here's the thing about Gronk, he's not a good/solid player, he's a outstanding player. So what do you do with him? Because he hasn't helped us the last three years in the post season, and that can't be discounted, but when he is out there he is better than just about anyone on the field. Do I think Gronk will stay healthy and win a Super Bowl next year? No...no I don't, but I don't think we'd get anything in a trade for him either...why would we? He's injury prone, he's got a bad back, a bad knee, a bad wrist and who knows if he'll ever be the same after the knee surgery...or when he'll be back. Why would someone want to trade for that? Never mind his 40 million dollar contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I'll give Vollmer one more year and see... but

all the other 3... agree.

unless talib is back for 5 mill at one year with no gtd $ besides that, pass.

Amendola epitimizes the word disappointment.

Sounds bad but i honestly think i might have better balll instincts than Arrington. he seems clueless when its hanging up there. kinda sad. but he did go to Hofstra for college (FYI hofstra doesnt play football anymore)

Blount, like I said all year, is our best homerun RB when in the open but if there isnt a gaping 5 foot hole the guy looks like MAroney. dances for no gain. Ridley, if can stay away from fumbles, is a very productive RB

For me to bring Talib back it would have to be for a very very reasonable contract (I'm talking a bargain). Is he a good player? Yes. Is he a great player? You can't be a great player when you are unreliable like him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

For me to bring Talib back it would have to be for a very very reasonable contract (I'm talking a bargain). Is he a good player? Yes. Is he a great player? You can't be a great player when you are unreliable like him.

agree. I think 5-6 million for one year is a bargain. even 2 for 11.5 only like 3-4 million gtd. is a bargain. he could make upwards of 8 million a year or teams stay away from him because he seems to be "mr. tap out in the big game" kinda guy.

pisses me off, 2 years in a row with this guy.

my friend whose a Tampa fan said this guy would find a way to F us somehow... and he was right, TWICE.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting seeing all the dump Amendola talk now.  Where were you guys when I was being harassed for saying this stuff earlier in the season? LOL!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Interesting seeing all the dump Amendola talk now.  Where were you guys when I was being harassed for saying this stuff earlier in the season? LOL!

kept my mouth shu t cause I wanted to see how it would play out.... I HAD faith.. HAD.... dont know anymore. smells like a BUST

• You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

I thought he'd be hurt all the time.  I had no idea he'd actually be healthy in the playoffs and completely useless.  I don't know what's worse, a guy who's never on the field, or a guy who plays and does nothing.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I just don't see players like MDC/Arrington/Dink/Gregory/Amendola/Tomkins/Boyce/Dropson/Hoosyourmomma/Ridley/ Mulligan ever playing on a team hoisting a Super Bowl trophy.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

I wasn't on the Amendola hype.  I can' stan Welker now but he can produce numbers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

LOL!

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I would have ot say Amendola was a disappointment this year.  But I think the Pats will go with him.  I'm surprised Gregory isn't up there.  A major turd IMHO.  Arrington could go and I wouldn't miss him.

Talib is a nessary evil.  He can shutdown his side and he'll want to be paid more than some kind of minimum.  Keeping him around wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.  Vollmer is a hellava tackle.  I put him in the same boat as Talib.  He can't easily be replaced.  His health though will probably end his career early.  Put Gronk in that boat too.

The Pats have a lot of off season work to do.  Getting rid of too many useful players just creates more need.  Although health is an issue with certain players they play big when they play.

I don't know what's worse, a guy who's never on the field, or a guy who plays and does nothing.

Worse.. probably the guy who is healthy and on the field but doesn't do anything.  Get off the field and let someone else take the spot, hopefully they can contribute.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I'd like to see if they can find a taker for Amendola and free up the $2M he's guaranteed to make in 2014.

In response to Sobchack's comment:

I'd like to see if they can find a taker for Amendola and free up the $2M he's guaranteed to make in 2014.

I think his cap hit is $4.7 million next season with dead money at $6.8 million. OUCH!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A few points. 1 Volmer is paid almost on incentive.  I would rather keep him as when he is healthy,  he's a great player and when he is injured he doesn't get his money.

I have been vocal on Talib being a goner as he will get paid, but now I wonder if he even will?

Amendola cannot produce.....when Brady doesn't throw to him, im sorry but 2 targets, 1 catch taken back by a penalty is not opportunity imo.

Arrington is probably the best slot cb in the nfl, and great against the run, but he gets toasted when out of position.., I don't understamd him.

Blount is a product of what happens when you "commit" to running the football. BB doesn't value runningbacks, I wish he did, but it is what it is. Blount is gone, and Ridley probably will be after next year. Both can run behind this o line when we run behind this o lone but we don't run behind this o line. 

In 17 games Blount and Ridley had 1,800 rushing yards, and 20 tds at 5 ypc. Do they suck? Does our o line suck?

No.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I don't know what's worse, a guy who's never on the field, or a guy who plays and does nothing.

Worse.. probably the guy who is healthy and on the field but doesn't do anything.  Get off the field and let someone else take the spot, hopefully they can contribute.

Considering how productive the guy Amendola replaced was for NE over the years you have to say he has been an abysmal failure.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Disagree with Talib because look what happens when he isn't out there.  The difference between him playing or not is night and day.  I do agree he is an injury concern, and that should most certainly be factored in when trying to sign him.  However, they really should try to sign him.

Amendola.  Disagree with this one too.  They did panic when Welker was waivering and jumped on this guy with a little too much money, but did you see game 1?  He was lights out all over the field.  Yes he never played that way again, but you wouldn't either after that injury.  He needed more rest or surgery, which he never got.  Now he can.  Besides, it will cost more to get rid of him at this point because of the contract.

Arrington got overpaid, but he still makes a decent nickel corner. 

Blount makes a great headed on a multi headed running attack.  The guy is a beast, and ran very well all year.  You can't really blame today on him having a lack of talent, as the offensive line just was unable to make running lanes today and got completely overpowered. 

Vollmer.  Agree.  When a lineman sustains a back injury in this sport it is pretty much a death knell.  He had a decent start to the season though before that horrific leg injury.  Let's see how his health is in the off season and go from there.  His contract is largely incentive driven, so it isn't hurting us too bad right now. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think his cap hit is $4.7 million next season with dead money at $6.8 million. OUCH!

Exactly.

From what I've looked into he becomes very cutable after 2014. No point at all in releasing him now. Sign Edelman to a deal that pays him just a couple million next year, then Amendola 5-6m a year cash from 2015 on and cut Danny after next season. Who know, if he has a decent year he could be both helpful to a contender and then willing to restructure. 

What about Vollmer and Arrington? Cap #'s?

Blount for 2 years 3-5 million total with like 2 guaranteed. Sure. Someone will go 3 and 9 on the guy with 4-5 guaranteed and then I say no way.

Talib... I was ready to give him 4/22 with games played/behavior/pro bowl incentives to get to 4/40 before this game. Now? Maybe 3/15 with incentives to make it 3/24. Next year being like a 3m base all guaranteed with then those 5m incentives and he can be cut after the season for nothing unless he makes them.

In response to Brad34's comment:

Considering how productive the guy Amendola replaced was for NE over the years you have to say he has been an abysmal failure.

B-I-N-G-O!

In response to rameakap's comment:

Exactly.

From what I've looked into he becomes very cutable after 2014. No point at all in releasing him now. Sign Edelman to a deal that pays him just a couple million next year, then Amendola 5-6m a year cash from 2015 on and cut Danny after next season. Who know, if he has a decent year he could be both helpful to a contender and then willing to restructure. 

What about Vollmer and Arrington? Cap #'s?

Blount for 2 years 3-5 million total with like 2 guaranteed. Sure. Someone will go 3 and 9 on the guy with 4-5 guaranteed and then I say no way.

Talib... I was ready to give him 4/22 with games played/behavior/pro bowl incentives to get to 4/40 before this game. Now? Maybe 3/15 with incentives to make it 3/24. Next year being like a 3m base all guaranteed with then those 5m incentives and he can be cut after the season for nothing unless he makes them.

If Talib is looking for big money then let him go.  He is good but once again was on the sideline when needed the most.

If Blount and Talib want to play in NE they better be ready to make a deal.

Something has to be done with Amendola, the money on the books with him is way too much.  Horrible contract.  Same goes with Arrington.  These guys need to make huge improvments in thsi off season.  Hopefully they will and have much better seasons next year.

• Sections
    Shortcuts