We got Crumpler!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Re: We got Crumpler!

WHY?? OLD, SLOW BUT GREAT BLOCKER- SO ARE TEAM O-LINE SUBS. ANYONE OF WHICH CAN GO IN ON GOAL LINE PLAYS ( LIKE VRABLE DID, STICK HIS HAND UP AFTER A BRUSH BLOCK, CATCH THE PASS FROM TB---TD). WHY WASTE DRAFTING A TE YOU WILL HARDLY EVER USE, TO CATCH PASSES THAT WILL BE THROWN, ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. USE THE DRAFT CHOICE FOR THE D, DEEPLY IN NEED OF HELP.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: We got Crumpler!:
    Is this a good signing??? I ask myself what is going on. We let go of Watson and we get Crumpler who is older, slower and is not the same tight end he used to be back in Atlanta. What does BB see in Crumpler? Alge went to Tennesee a few years back with the hope of revamping Tenessee's attack. What did he accomplish? He had a really big fumble that cost Tennessee a playoff game against the Ravens in 2008. So Baltimore went to the playoffs and Tennessee didn't. I don't think we can count on him to catch many passes. Hopefully, he can still block.
    Posted by NYC

Well here is what Reiss says:

Once one of the NFL's upper-echelon combination tight ends as both a pass catcher and blocker, Crumpler has slowed down of late. While he was considered a key cog in the Titans' rushing attack as a blocker last season, he had 27 receptions and averaged a career low 8.2 yards per catch.

I tend to think that Alge still has something in his tank....he has never played with a high caliber QB like Brady....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Hopefully this move signals preparation for bringing a running game back and perhaps drafting a good RB. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

From Bruce Allen on Twitter.

"So Brady will be throwing to Alge and Moss next season. Is there a Lichens available in the draft? Fungi, maybe?
    "

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The guy's name is Crumpler.

How can you not like him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

All of the sudden it seems like a successful free agency period. We maintained the players that we needed to and upgraded the TE position. I bet we're not done yet.