We got what we asked for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from faninCT. Show faninCT's posts

We got what we asked for

Last year at this time we were complaining that the defense had gotten too old, too slow and we needed to bring in some young guys and build around them. BB did this in the offseason so we are younger and faster (?) but also much more inexperienced. It was on full display last night. I don't think this is our year but it takes time to retool a defensive team. Hopefully next year will be a lot better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

Re: We got what we asked for

I don't mind a young defense but the likes of jonathan Whilhite has got to go. why must they keep frustrating us having him in the line up to learn on the job is beyond me, we got brady, moss and welker, window of opportunity to bring in trophies is closing, why not get the best of the best to help compliment the offense.

This cheap patchwork of discount players they keep picking up is just bullsht. this whole thing started with the joey galloway pick up, never liked the idea from the getgo. this season is just horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigpull. Show bigpull's posts

In Response to We got what we asked for: I agree with you about that... But I have been disappointed with some of the young impact players the pats have past over in the past couple of drafts, whom could of been impact players here, If they would have stood pat and made a pick instead of moving around for future picks to be dealt again and again. Pats needed to get young, but poor drafting has the team reeling...

Last year at this time we were complaining that the defense had gotten too old, too slow and we needed to bring in some young guys and build around them. BB did this in the offseason so we are younger and faster (?) but also much more inexperienced. It was on full display last night. I don't think this is our year but it takes time to retool a defensive team. Hopefully next year will be a lot better.
    Posted by faninCT

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Drew Brees was sacked once and rushed four times. It's not really about Wilhite, the Pats have 0 pass rush. Light and Kaczur got man handled by the Saints' pass rush. 

Pass rush is essential to playing good defense. 

Look at some of the better defenses in the league

Steelers = Harrison and Woodley
    Giants (last year and 07) = Tuck and Osi
    Ravens = Rey Lewis
    Chargers = Merriman and Philips
    Broncos = Dummervil

All we can do is hope that Crable plays up to his potential next year. Another year of no pass rush is bad news for the Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: We got what we asked for:
    Drew Brees was sacked once and rushed four times. It's not really about Wilhite, the Pats have 0 pass rush. Light and Kaczur got man handled by the Saints' pass rush.  Pass rush is essential to playing good defense.  Look at some of the better defenses in the league Steelers = Harrison and Woodley Giants (last year and 07) = Tuck and Osi Ravens = Rey Lewis Chargers = Merriman and Philips Broncos = Dummervil All we can do is hope that Crable plays up to his potential next year. Another year of no pass rush is bad news for the Pats.
    Posted by 49Patriots

To be clear: I'm not moving on to next year just yet.

BUT
    Peppers will carry a $17-19 million cap charge if the Panthers try to retain him, assuming there is a salary cap (a big assumption).  Either way, Peppers will be guaranteed to make that much money, which I doubt the Panthers will be willing to pay for inconsistent production.  What's more is I doubt he'll want to stay in what appears to be a rebuilding project (they'll be replacing the starting QB next year).
    They also have three more second round picks.

On to Miami, b*tch

Sections
Shortcuts