We have no idea how bad this pats team is.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smartacer. Show smartacer's posts

We have no idea how bad this pats team is.....

was baltimore that good?

my observation all season long, pats make any opposing team look good... look for manning to make baltimore look like mediocre team (although i hate colts, this is my prediction...) and then we will realize how bad this pats team is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: We have no idea how bad this pats team is.....

Yeah they must be pretty bad!  Finished 10-6 and made the playoffs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

"Yeah they must be pretty bad!  Finished 11-5 and made the playoffs!'

Amen. Sure Pats need to make a few changes but 11-5 and playoffs is not bad for team in transition. It was sad to see the razor empty at end of game, fans shoulda/coulda showed a little class and stuck around til end and given one final cheer to team for making playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Which team would you all rather support?

Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland, St Louis?  We had a WINNING team to support!  Yes, they did not play well and let us down.  There are worse things in life than your team losing.

PS - smartacer... troll somewhere else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

When you're blown out by a QB with a 10.0 rating then you know that something is amiss!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

There was no chemistry and leadership....to much chirping.  Expect some surprises this offseason across the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Smart- I am sure you are one of those fans that sits down during the entire game and leaves early if the team is losing....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

"Smart- I am sure you are one of those fans that sits down during the entire game and leaves early if the team is losing...."

yeah, one of the 50,000 such fans. the razor was empty, it was embarrassing to see on tv.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Predictable as fuc on offense, along with a o-line that isnt as good as I thought. I think others as well would buy into that. That might actually be our biggest need, our team has played its worst when having those issues. And no respectable running game just screams pressure our QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did I say I was happy about this performance?

The Pats are BAD compated to what?  The SB winning teams, the '07 team, last year?  You need to quantify the "bad" element of your post.  There are BAD teams and there is this Pats team which compared to some of their teams in the past, they may be bad.  You can't just say a 10 - 6 team, which won their division and made the playoffs is a "bad" team.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Really well put agcsbill, this loss will no doubt trigger the silliest of knee jerk reactions, i've already seen two "trade brady" threads.  The Pats have work to do in order to regain their place among the NFL elite, but we need to relax with the whole sky is falling down mentality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

to say this team was horrible is a huge overstatement..We had the tools, in that Indiannapolis game we showed wat we were capable of doing. we were playing good football going into that game. that game shook us up alot. you have to understand that momentum and confidence have ALOT to do with how you play on sundays. This was not a horrible team. it was a team that lost its mojo and didnt get it back in time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I agree theres a lot of talent there, but looks like some weakness in coaching and leadership. Where was the energy today? It had that regular season feel. You can't just put on the jersey and say hey were just gonna win because were the Patriots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

to many losse,s of key players this year from the defense[seymour,bruschi ect],and welkers injury.even though the pats didnt make the playoffs last year.i think that team if they had gone in would have done damage,or even a super bowl.they were much better then this years team even with cassel.im not saying cassel is better then brady,but that team was better then this years team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

It is not that the team was bad, but it is worse than previous years, and the trend appears to be down. And the intangibles just don't seem to be there anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"to say this team was horrible is a huge overstatement..We had the tools, in that Indiannapolis game we showed wat we were capable of doing. we were playing good football going into that game. that game shook us up alot. you have to understand that momentum and confidence have ALOT to do with how you play on sundays. This was not a horrible team. it was a team that lost its mojo and didnt get it back in time." MossDude

True, but to say the team is good is a huge overstatement too. They beat some of the teams they were supposed to beat, but really never could beat some good teams; which leave the Pats a middling team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

They will win if the refs let them get away with the dirty hits they did today...Ravens are dirty players and don't deserve anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

One route that Aiken ran, that was almost intercepted, he just cut the wrong way. Brady was getting on him about it too. Execution was non-existent.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

The only thing I hate is that this year, I really don't know who I want to see win the SB now.

I hate the Jets. I hate the Colts. I hate the Ravens. I hate the Chargers.

I guess the Saints are my pick. They don't run their mouths and their coach is a class act.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

This was a rough year - our D was rebuilding, Brady was trying to find his grove back - Maroney got over the dancing, but started developing butter fingers - our play calling was plain vanilla. 

With a bit of overhaul next year - couple on O - O-line, RB, couple on D - Pass rush, perhaps another CB - and might be make it deep into the playoffs again..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

This Patriot team was overrated and just a bunch of pretenders. Just like the Bengals. We didn't beat any good teams the whole year and got dominated when it was crunch time. Today's Colts-Ravens game shower just how pathetic this team is. They have no playmakers on defense, absolutely no hard hitting players. Look at the way the Colts made plays all day and dominated both sides of the day.

I hope no Pats fan will continue to laugh at Peyton Manning. Our Pats team is laughing stock now. Going from Super Bowl favorites in preseason to getting humiliated at home against a flawed team. Peyton didn't get any unfair PI calls. All of the flags were completely legit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Look the Patriots were a bit beat-up at the end of the year and the Welker injury probably demoralized them. But you can't point to the Ravens' game and say, "See, the Pats scked."

No matter how good a team is, there are some games where the final score distorts how two teams really compare. Sometimes things happen and games simply get out of hand.

I posted this on another thread, but the Patriots were two plays from being 12-4. If they punt against the Colts, that might have been a win. If Brady doesn't throw that late pick against the Dolphins, that's a win. Or in lieu of those two plays, if Maroney doesn't fumble at the goal-line in those team games, the Pats add another score. Then if they're 12-3 going into the last game, who knows what happens, but the confidence level is certainly higher.

It's probably good that the Pats ended 10-6 because there certainly were holes that need to be addressed. A 10-6 record should light a fire under the players. A 12-4 record might have hidden those weaknesses.

In my opinion, the Pats aren't that far away from being back among the elite. They need one or two impact defensive players. Maybe just one -- a pass rusher -- because the right kind of impact player can lift everyone.

Remember, after last year, everyone one wanted the Pats to get younger on defense. They did, but there's a cost. There's a learning curve and they need to replace the leadership they lost.

Offensively, solidify the line and get a third receiver (which could be from a player already there -- Edelman, Aiken), but make sure whoever this OC is that the offensive gets a bit more creative. The Pats strength offensively in the past was how unpredictable they were -- one game going with 2 TE and running a lot, other games going with a spread in passing more, etc. They need to get back to that philosophy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

royf19

You might say they would be 2 plays from being 12-4. Would that really change anything? They still would have an incompetent red zone offense, and a weak defense.

It doesnt matter Flacco completed 4 passes.  Some guy named Chad Henne threw the ball 52 times against us and looked like Dan Marino.
    Admit it, this team didnt beat any good teams, just like last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Smartacer, what would you have said about the Steelers after they won the SB in 2005?  After all, they were 8-8 the following year.  They were 10-6 the year after that.  I suspect that if you were a Steelers fan you would have written them off as history at that point.  However, we all know they won the SB the next year at 12-4.  

I truly believe that you are never as good as you think you are when you are winning, and never as bad as you think you are when you are losing.  That's because the difference between winning and losing is a fine line, not a canyon.  What else explains how every year there are a few teams that go from pretty good to pretty bad and vice versa with mostly the same players and coaches?  Can't attribute it all to schedule.  Sometimes it only takes one or two players to change things considerably.  

Sections
Shortcuts