WE Have No Teddy, Ted or Willie, etc Can Wilfork and Mayo be a Strong Enough Influence For a player like Talib.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

WE Have No Teddy, Ted or Willie, etc Can Wilfork and Mayo be a Strong Enough Influence For a player like Talib.

mccourty? i doubt it. we need someone like that in the secondary who will hold guys accountable.

who on this team is going to get in the face of a player who may need that once in a while?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: WE Have No Teddy, Ted or Willie, etc Can Wilfork and Mayo be a Strong Enough Influence For a player like Talib.

It will be interesting, I believe (assuming he jumps right into the starters role) Talib will the the third oldest defensive starter after Wilfork and Ninkovich (and then Gregory if we ever see him again).

Not sure who on that D will show him the "Patriots Way"...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: WE Have No Teddy, Ted or Willie, etc Can Wilfork and Mayo be a Strong Enough Influence For a player like Talib.

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It will be interesting, I believe (assuming he jumps right into the starters role) Talib will the the third oldest defensive starter after Wilfork and Ninkovich (and then Gregory if we ever see him again).

Not sure who on that D will show him the "Patriots Way"...

[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking and curious about when i wrote the thread.

it will be interesting to see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bdbreu = Commie Contrarian

Pathetic some of you fall for this crap.

[/QUOTE]

You know Rusty everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Rusty, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've Read Rusty on BDC I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The obnoxious poster. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're posting these little posts? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the reader!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

P.S. Brdbreu is an intelligent passionate fan. CC is just and attention seeking tool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

P.S. Brdbreu is an intelligent passionate fan. CC is just and attention seeking tool.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for 2 minutes of laughter above.

i didnt know you were a funny dude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I would much rather have Talib on the team than Cromartie, Brandon Marshall or Plaxico Burress.  It's all in the nature of the incidents and in the timing.

Most of Talib's messups were a while ago.  He at least says the right things now.   Maybe he grew up a bit.

Some multiple sex offender messed with Talib's sister.  The guy is in jail now.  Talib exhibited a rather controlled violence in that incident.  Talib has no criminal charges pending.

Talib should have popped a Ritalin (I would guess that he has an ADD problem but he keeps it under control), but he popped an Adderall with amphetimines added.  I have a pretty good understanding that this isn't meth monster behavior.  It's more like the NFL league office has zero tolerance for small stuff these days.

For these two incidents, Vince Wilfork's presence isn't going to "reform" Talib that much. 

In other news, Aaron Hernandez once again was not busted for pot addiction last month.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Spikes:  Aqib, welcome to the team, man.

Talib:  Thanks, glad to be here, man.

Spikes:  Good, now don't be a knucklehead or you'll be starring in my next Chatroullette appearance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taib:  Thanks, glad to be here, man.

Spikes:  Good, now don't be a knucklehead or you'll be starring in my next Chatroullette appearance.

[/QUOTE]

laughing my @ss off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taib:  Thanks, glad to be here, man.

[/QUOTE]

lol   +1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I don't think it will be any single individual that keeps Talib in line. Rather I think it will be the enviroment as a whole that helps him.  There are enough veterans in the defense that perform at a high level which he can draw experience from and enough rookies playing at a high level that he can share his experiences with as well. When people perform at a high level  on the field their thoughts and opinions are held in higher regard in the locker room. The fact that he has an opportunity to be an integral part of a unit that has a very realistic chance of going all the way will do wonders for him. Success breeds success and I'm hoping that will be the case with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it will be any single individual that keeps Talib in line. Rather I think it will be the enviroment as a whole that helps him.  There are enough veterans in the defense that perform at a high level which he can draw experience from and enough rookies playing at a high level that he can share his experiences with as well. When people perform at a high level  on the field their thoughts and opinions are held in higher regard in the locker room. The fact that he has an opportunity to be an integral part of a unit that has a very realistic chance of going all the way will do wonders for him. Success breeds success and I'm hoping that will be the case with him.

[/QUOTE]

yes and he hasnt been a knucklehead z(or acting like one) for tampa lately. save for using the "greenies" of teh nfl.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Pretty good thread and it brings up a good point...who exactly on defense can enforce or by example, lead the "Patriot Way" to Talib? To me this portion of the team is gone - there are no more Bruschis, Laws, Harrisons or McGinnests on this defense. In reality there aren't many players like that on this team...the team is very young. The "Patriot Way" didn't work on Ocho or Haynesworth. Spikes seems like the total opposite of the "Patriot Way" and signing a player like Talib in actuality is also NOT the "Patriot Way". I really don't care if it brings us a Super Bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty good thread and it brings up a good point...who exactly on defense can enforce or by example, lead the "Patriot Way" to Talib? To me this portion of the team is gone - there are no more Bruschis, Laws, Harrisons or McGinnests on this defense. In reality there aren't many players like that on this team...the team is very young. The "Patriot Way" didn't work on Ocho or Haynesworth. Spikes seems like the total opposite of the "Patriot Way" and signing a player like Talib in actuality is also NOT the "Patriot Way". I really don't care if it brings us a Super Bowl.

[/QUOTE]

thanks man and for the good post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Huh? The Patriot Way isn't about being a choirboy. According to Jerod Mayo it's this, “Just having mental toughness, everyone doing their job, and ignoring the noise. It’s hammered in our head every day. If everyone does their job, we’ll be successful.”

They don't need Tedy, Ty, Rodney or Willie types to mold new players to the Patriot Way, if the player doesn't do his job he's gone. It's as simple as that. What do you mean you don't care if it brings us a Super Bowl?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huh? The Patriot Way isn't about being a choirboy. According to Jerod Mayo it's this, “Just having mental toughness, everyone doing their job, and ignoring the noise. It’s hammered in our head every day. If everyone does their job, we’ll be successful.”

They don't need Tedy, Ty, Rodney or Willie types to mold new players to the Patriot Way, if the player doesn't do his job he's gone. It's as simple as that. What do you mean you don't care if it brings us a Super Bowl?

[/QUOTE]

hey digg, i think mthurl means if talib is not squeeky clean, and we win a super bowl, who cares.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

hey digg, i think mthurl means if talib is not squeeky clean, and we win a super bowl, who cares.

Alrighty then. I'll take your word for it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

what he means is that imaginary moral high ground will be gone

I got it now, I went back and read it a few more times. Thanks anyway. :p

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

troy brown siad this today. he doesnt know anybody in the locker room "who can guide him the right way like we had".

Sections
Shortcuts