We need a Patriots board here on BDC

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC

In Response to We need a Patriots board here on BDC:
    Because this is now just a collection of trolls from other teams and crazy people.  It's sad, and kind of pointless.  All we needed was some moderator interaction and things would have been fine.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I wonder which category I fit into...troll or crazy people? Hmmm.

This sounds like you are proposing something like a private forum. That was attempted on the Red Sox board last year. Lasted less than two weeks and created a lot of bad feelings over there. I didn't think it was a good idea then and I still don't think so now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The trolls are annoying, but I think we encourage them by letting them take a topic off course.  Simply ignoring them would more than likely encourage them to leave. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC:
    The trolls are annoying, but I think we encourage them by letting them take a topic off course.  Simply ignoring them would more than likely encourage them to leave. 
    Posted by Ender587

I've been saying this for some time but, rather than the trolls, I'm usually the one who is ignored. Oh, well. Poor me, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

There is a lot of great football talk here and those posters are just here to get under peoples skin. They get off on it.  It detracts from the great football talk because some of the threads end up taken over by the back and forth with them.
    That's giving them what they came for.

I have a couple of them on ignore but I won't give them the satisfaction of knowing which. Not that they should care I don't post that much mostly read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

YES to people policin' themselves
    ( hit ignore or bite your lip - but do your best not to stoop down brother )

MAYBE to fans from other teams visitin' this sight
    ( some of the worst thread -crashers here are actually Pats fans  -
    h e l l - bent on tryin' to quash any and all opposing views )

NO to encouraging the Mods
    ( can't believe this even up for debate )

I've been banned twice a few years back and still dont know why ...
    IMO - I've got like the 3rd frig'gin' cleanest / most polite posts here -
     ( next to MB and Laz  ..lol )

I think one of my favorite sayings somes it up best :

Gotta take the crooked with the straight in this world

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to We need a Patriots board here on BDC :    You got that right.  This is supposed to be a place for pats fans to hang out. But you have a bunch of losers who would rather hang out on our board instead of thier own. You would think it would be more enjoyable for them to talk with thier fellow fans and celebrate thier own sucesses.
    Posted by jerh5

Stop whining! Really...it's embarrassing. If you find several posters to be particularly annoying, put 'em on ignore. If no one responds to their comments, they'll eventually go away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to We need a Patriots board here on BDC:
    Because this is now just a collection of trolls from other teams and crazy people.  It's sad, and kind of pointless.  All we needed was some moderator interaction and things would have been fine.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I somewhat agree with you. There are a handful of annoying trolls, but like the others said I try to ignore them. The thing that amazes me is, I cant figure out for the life of me why any fan of another team would come to this Patriots forum!! I have been a Pats fan my whole life and I have NEVER visited another teams forums, not even to snoop around. I dont care what they are saying about thier team I only care about my team. Since BDC initiated these forums I have lived in 2 different states, Afghanistan, Africa, and Iraq, (thanks Uncle Sam), yet when I am able to get on the internet I always visit BDC and these forums to keep up with my teams. Could care less about any other team. I guess its just envy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC : Yeah, it is.  I am over the top myself and have had a few things pulled, but I would rather be restricted than have to listen to WeDerr, JetMangione, Jints, UD6 and the like.  Thow out Babe, Capitalist/Communist and anything Rusty and I'm good.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Really, I believe this would be a better place if YOU were gone. Mostly every thread you come in you just crap on somebody for what they have to say, then leave. Actual football talk from you is nearly nonexistent from anything I have ever seen. You are mostly a chronic complainer. You are exactly the very last kind of person on Earth that would make a good moderator, and probably the very last kind of person a moderator should ever look to for advice on the subject. Why would they want the advice of a drama queen that constructs a crybaby thread like this? You clearly can't tolerate anything but a cookie cutter manifestation of what you think this should be. That makes YOU the dysfunctional one. Most of the rest of us are emotionally mature enough to know there will be a variety of personalities on a board like this, and that it's okay, even better, like that.

Actually, I would much rather Rusty be here than yourself even though he and I are considered the greatest of foes.

But I would never call for your or anybody else's banning unless they were making threats, just trolling with statements like "the Pats suck" or spreading hate of a racial or other such detestable nature.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC :      Stop whining! Really...it's embarrassing. If you find several posters to be particularly annoying, put 'em on ignore. If no one responds to their comments, they'll eventually go away.
    Posted by TexasPat

LOL  Boo hoo hoo. What a wasted 2nd round pick. waa waa waa. Whining?!!!! LMAO!  But, Since you are a PATRIOTS fan, I let it go until now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Didn't want to say anything TP, but since you brought it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC :   LOL  Boo hoo hoo. What a wasted 2nd round pick. waa waa waa. Whining?!!!! LMAO!  But, Since you are a PATRIOTS fan, I let it go until now.
    Posted by jerh5

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Hm. To me, there are far more Pats fans that get under my skin than either Jints or UD6. Jetmangina is the 1 person I've EVER put on ignore. He doesn't even try to be reasonable, he's here for one thing: antagonizing.

It's a slow time for football talk, so there is more space for outliers. When there is actual football talk, the 'trolls' don't dominate much.

It's the offseason, if anyone is getting that annoyed on here, do what the players are doing right now...get away from the game.

It'll be fine in a month or so when things start gearing up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Well, it's really just like real life. The world is made up of many different fans, not all are Pats fans; some people come here to provoke, some to contribute and learn; some have a great sense of humor. We can ignore who we want; argue if we think it is worth it. (Mostly, it is not worth it to argue with certain people). What could be better?

Personally, I have learned a lot from being here...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

UD6 is obvious. He is capable of objectivity, UNLESS it somehow relates to the Dolts or especially Fetus Head. If there is any way the issue being spun a certain way can make either of those look better all bets are off with him having the slightest degree of integrity. Jints has a sober take on most things. Any negative remarks whatsoever about the Giants evokes a strong response, every time. He is far more capable of objectivity than UD6. jetmangione is here to try to drag the Pats down so his jets don't look so bad. That is a huge task that no man can pull off. He occasionally, when not putting all efforts into changing the space time continuum to one where the jets aren't a joke, does offer thoughtful comments. The Pats' fans here run the gamut from the Brady sucks and BB doesn't know enough to run the ball more faction to the defense sucks, BB knows exactly what is what and Brady is the key guy that keeps us excellent crowd. Then you have the cheerleaders who don't like arguments. It is a pretty typical Pats' board in general and the mods don't interfere unless provoked it seems.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You forgot "always will win the SB JBolt", he's a card.    On the flip side, SteelCurtain75 is one of the more enjoyable visitors we get. Unfortunately, most are trying to tweek this fan base with their outrageous posts. Let's just chalk up the make-up of this board to "freedom of speech"!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

SteelCurtain75 is the ONLY fan of another team who is welcome to me.  The rest are just here to instigate.  I noticed that whenever Rusty posts, UD is right there to attack him same with Jintsfan and Jetmangina.

I know there are plenty of Pats fans on here that practice trollish behavior but atleast they're Pats fans.

Now, I'm no Rusty apologist but there's no question as to what team he's a fan of.

The main reason I don't like the trolls and have them on ignore is that they don't have anything of substance to add.  They jump in on a thread, it then turns in to a back 'n forth between some Pats fans and them and then the discussion on the original post gets lost.

Some posters always take the bait.  And as long as they do, the trolls will keep trolling.

How many times are we gonna argue Spygate with these people.  They think the Pats are cheaters.  That right there is enough for me to ignore them.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Very well put.

SteelCurtain75 is the ONLY fan of another team who is welcome to me.  The rest are just here to instigate.  I noticed that whenever Rusty posts, UD is right there to attack him same with Jintsfan and Jetmangina. I know there are plenty of Pats fans on here that practice trollish behavior but atleast they're Pats fans. Now, I'm no Rusty apologist but there's no question as to what team he's a fan of. The main reason I don't like the trolls and have them on ignore is that they don't have anything of substance to add.  They jump in on a thread, it then turns in to a back 'n forth between some Pats fans and them and then the discussion on the original post gets lost. Some posters always take the bait.  And as long as they do, the trolls will keep trolling. How many times are we gonna argue Spygate with these people.  They think the Pats are cheaters.  That right there is enough for me to ignore them.
    Posted by Salcon

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

ALL:

Please allow me to tell you something about The Moderators for this BDC Pats Forum...

They're great.  They are...Mods AND the Tech Team for us (if they're actually different, idk).  Both ARE Great.  

Been postin' less because I go on runs then dry spells.  This past "dry spell" was precedented on a sign-in issue which I've had for as long as I can remember...  Forget which is which, but there's the bottommost "Sign in" (the lower one as a part of every thread), And there's a higher "Log in" (the smaller one at the very top left of the page).  As long as I can recall, I've only been able to sign-in with my screenname using that smaller very top-left of the page one.  The other one has never allowed me to sign-in.  But a few times in @ 4 years, I've still had issues with the top left one, here and again but perhaps only 2 or 3 times in total.  This was the case a little over 2 weeks back...Could NOT sign in at all.  

After trying a few times for a couple days, I finally sent a shout out to the tech support people here.  Honestly, my message must have been THE worst and most confusing ever:  Didn't know if it was sign-in or log-in, recently changed my Comcast Bundle (with their e-mail as the only one I use) to DirectTV (and have yet to do an e-mail off them/AT&T)...Didn't even know what or even fully how or why the problem was occuring...  Lmao, No way to contact me back (no e-mail).

1 day=Fixed.

...And they didn't have to.  Why would they have to?  It's a free account for 1 single messageboard Patriots Poster.  In this day and age, ya don't get this sorta service and simple consideration for 3/4's of the services and goods that you actually DO pay for.

In the meantime (before the issue was resolved), I was surfing the web after I randomly Googled some cryptic reference Rusty made about a New Jersey Mom, Tanning and C3PO...?  Ya know, WhatTH's that...had to find out.  Only refernce that came back was on what appeared to be a sweet messageboard (yes woman with dark leather skin and C3PO eyes took her daughter in a tanning booth).  Anyway, while I'm reading the responses & replies on this particular web message page, I'm taken aback by how witty and downright hilarious these posters are on this board...  I'm goin', "Mayyyybe."  Then I begin seein' some image over and over about this poster being on probabtion (recurring picture of kitten in a cardboard box mock jail).  Over & over- "Probation for 36 hours", "Probation for 4 days", "Probation for 2 weeks," etc., etc..  

Scr#w.......THAT.  Davedsone, you want an overly moderated board- GO for it.  Apparently you have NO idea...  This experience of mine just served to remind me just how absolutely suffocating it is to be on one (b/c I have).  Hate it.  A governing body is best when it governs the least.  I ABSOLUTELY prescribe to that doctrine.  Rule on top of Rule on top of Law on top of law...the only result is that those already established get a tad bit more leeway, and EVERY-one is lesser- there's less community because of this, there's less new and novel ideas en masse by ALL...More bad blood, More insipid and trivial ideas forwarded.  Just Awful.

~~

Take some responsibility.  It's in YOUR power to ignore people, report others (btw, I've never even ONCE), and altogether it's in your power to simply scroll right past some poster...  Rather than asking some outside overruling power to clamp down a bit harder on various (and very real) sc#mb#gs and trolls that attempt to incite you, Instead try to recognize that the power and say and sway has been placed in your hands.  Yes, it's far lesser power than a mod has who's in absolute control of everything...  But the payoff is having the uptmost individual freedom to decide for yourself who you'll read or respond to.  A good thread sabotaged by !d!ots is here & there, is the FAR lesser evil than having some random collective of persons flaunting their authority about whom can say what and when in an always fickle and ever ambiguous fashion.  

These Pats Board BDC Mods have done what NO-one EVER does-  They've granted us far more authority to police ourselves and allow us the wonderful privilege to excercise large-scale freedoms of speech and expressions when, seeing as this is a private company's newspaper & web-page, they really don't have to 1 single bit.  Ya just GOTTA respect what they've done.  I've seen this board troll-free at length, and I've seen this board extremely overly moderated (after BDC shifted over from the old format to this one...it was-Bad)...  Trust me...please trust me: This BDC Board was a Far Lesser place to be on, to write on, and to enjoy.   

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

ALL: This past "dry spell" was precedented on a sign-in issue which I've had for as long as I can remember...  Forget which is which, but there's the bottommost "Sign in" (the lower one as a part of every thread), And there's a higher "Log in" (the smaller one at the very top left of the page).  As long as I can recall, I've only been able to sign-in with my screenname using that smaller very top-left of the page one.  The other one has never allowed me to sign-in.  But a few times in @ 4 years, I've still had issues with the top left one, here and again but perhaps only 2 or 3 times in total.  Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I have the same problem. I cannot sign in using the Forum Log-In, it has to be the top left corner.

A couple times this past week I couldn't even get to the sign-in. When I clicked on my Boston.com desktop link, I got the "could not connect to the internet" pop-up, even though I was connected to the internet. LOL.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC : that's their way of telling you they don't like you 
    Posted by JintsFan

what he said

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: We need a Patriots board here on BDC : I have the same problem. I cannot sign in using the Forum Log-In, it has to be the top left corner. A couple times this past week I couldn't even get to the sign-in. When I clicked on my Boston.com desktop link, I got the "could not connect to the internet" pop-up, even though I was connected to the internet. LOL.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

That "forum log-in" hasn't worked for months . . . maybe more than a year now.  The sign-in at the top of the web page generally works, but every once in a while there seems to be some problem.  Laz is right though, the tech support folks generally fix it pretty fast if you send them a note (and often even if you don't). 

Sections
Shortcuts