We need Chung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We need Chung

I know Patrick Chung has been in the doghouse to most people ever since the first Buffalo game this season, but Pat is the best cover Safety (asides from McCourty) we have. Tavon Wilson may have a better nose for the ball, but he's not nearly as instinctual as Pat and he gets beat on a double move too easily. Gregory is turrible, he's the worst tackler on a team full of bad tacklers, he takes bad angles, he's no good against the run and he gets sucked into a PA way too easily. 

Patrick, on the other hand, is the best run defender on the team asides form Spikes and Wilfork. With McCourty out roaming the field, Belichick is free to send Pat on a blitz. He can do what he does best and play closer to the line, he's the best tackler on the secondary.

BTW, statistically, Chung is allowing nearly 53% of the passes thrown his way for completion, but Gregory and Wilson are allowing close to 67%. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: We need Chung

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I know Patrick Chung has been in the doghouse to most people ever since the first Buffalo game this season, but Pat is the best cover Safety (asides from McCourty) we have. Tavon Wilson may have a better nose for the ball, but he's not nearly as instinctual as Pat and he gets beat on a double move too easily. Gregory is turrible, he's the worst tackler on a team full of bad tacklers, he takes bad angles, he's no good against the run and he gets sucked into a PA way too easily. 

Patrick, on the other hand, is the best run defender on the team asides form Spikes and Wilfork. With McCourty out roaming the field, Belichick is free to send Pat on a blitz. He can do what he does best and play closer to the line, he's the best tackler on the secondary.

BTW, statistically, Chung is allowing nearly 53% of the passes thrown his way for completion, but Gregory and Wilson are allowing close to 67%. 

hey 49, i differ here. every safety will be asked to cover in the current pass league.  he is a liability there. we need a second safey we dontg currently have, unless ebner is a shooting star by next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: We need Chung

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

hey 49, i differ here. every safety will be asked to cover in the current pass league.  he is a liability there. we need a second safey we dontg currently have, unless ebner is a shooting star by next year.

Not saying Chung is a great safety, Im saying out of the guys we have now, he's the best we have to play. Also, I don't think Chung is nearly as bad as everyone tries to make him seem. He's a very managable Safety who's only real weakness is in man coverage. 

Safeties shouldn't be in man-coverage to begin with, so I don't blame him for looking bad out there. 

Sections
Shortcuts