WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!

Im so sick and tired of a Connelly at LG and the people who Say "we dont need mankins" because we do.Not only did he give up a big red zone sack today, he was manhandled in the run game and whiffed as a fb.Which also bring up the point that we need a more traditional fb

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!

Nope.

Wrong.

But thanks for playing.

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Okay.... I called him...He will be showing up on Wednesday!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!:
    Nope. Wrong. But thanks for playing.
    Posted by p-mike

You can honestly say connelly is doing a good job(good job dosent mean giving up sacks and missing blocks)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

yea and matt light consistantly getting beat is connolly's fault.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

Matt Light blows!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

ill second that he cant handle the bullrush for crap..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

matt light was horrible today. that said, having Mankins back would not hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Matt Light should apologize in public to Bob Kraft, not just in private.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!:
    Im so sick and tired of a Connelly at LG and the people who Say "we dont need mankins" because we do.Not only did he give up a big red zone sack today, he was manhandled in the run game and whiffed as a fb.Which also bring up the point that we need a more traditional fb
    Posted by Bspikes55

The problem was on the ends mostly and Mankins wouldn't have helped on that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

im kinda of scared to see what jared allen is gonna do to matt light.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Ok well il rephrase this as "Connelly is crap " and yeah i would mind the ot frm bc or wisconsin as a 2nd round light replacemnt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You probably know that the Players Union is asking Mankins to report shortly right? So we'll have him back pretty soon one way or the other, whether or not any exclamation points are used in your posts. 

The way the line played today we could use him, but as others have pointed out he won't solve the issues on the edge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The main reason Brady got hit so much yesterday was the stupid play calling having the receivers go deeper.  John Hannah, let alone Mankins, couldn't help the idiotic play calling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Ok well il rephrase this as "Connelly is crap " and yeah i would mind the ot frm bc or wisconsin as a 2nd round light replacemnt
    Posted by Bspikes55

2nd round? Carini from Wisconsin is rated in some polls as the #1 tackle in college football. He's a 1st rounder and that's were I'd draft a tackle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I agree. If we had Mankins this year we'd easily be 5-1 right now. The Pats have dropped the ball on this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'll settle for a left tackle that can stop a outside speed rusher. Volmer was better on the left side tackle and I would put him back there. Put Light at right and even if he still suxs against the speed guys (which is likely) at least you have taken better care of Brady's blind side.

Not one of our Offensive Lines better days that's for sure. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I agree. If we had Mankins this year we'd easily be 5-1 right now. The Pats have dropped the ball on this one.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You're right Bspikes55; this offensive line is just not that good and Mankins will be an improvement, as long as he plays like he did in the past (he'll be back in November). A lot of fans let their emotions get in the way of an honest assessment of talent.  Just because the fans like Connolly and don't like Mankins doesn't make the first better than the pro-bowl-quality second.

Fortunately, our coach doesn't listen to the fans all that much . . . he'll do what's best for the team.  And I think that means Mankins will start before too long.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If Mankins could play LT we would need him, but he's just a LG. Easily replaceable. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't want him no matter WHAT happens.  He has made this thing into a war, and that is the worst possible outcome for a contract negotiation.  If they play him AT ALL this year, I will be disappointed. Since they are not going to be able to trade him, sit him.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to WE NEED MANKINS BACK!!!!:
    Posted by Bspikes55

we certainly need some depth as the season goes on, but on the otherhand, the Patriots are 5-1 w/o mankins. I'd rather see some help w/ pass rush or secondary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Mankins will be of very little help!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7f3b85846f255359e67319eacb175ed1&plckUserId=7f3b85846f255359e67319eacb175ed1">
    First: 8/9/2008
    Last: 10/25/2010
    I don't want him no matter WHAT happens.  He has made this thing into a war, and that is the worst possible outcome for a contract negotiation.  If they play him AT ALL this year, I will be disappointed. Since they are not going to be able to trade him, sit him.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be perfectly honest, I blame the Patriot's organization on this one. Based on the last report that I saw regarding Mankins contract negotiation, both sides had apparently pretty much settled on the terms but that the Pats had wanted an apology from Mankins.  This was reasonable to me seeing how Mankins had said some messed up things.  Mankins to his credit did agree to apologize, which he personally did in a face to face meeting with Kraft.  However, where the Pats screwed things up was when they tried to get a little too cute by trying to force a public apology on top of the one he had aready made.  To me, by trying to force a public mea culpa, they wanted to really humble/humiliate the guy, which pretty much ended any good will that they had at that point.

That said, we do really need to re-sign Mankins (if it's still at all possible).  The fact is that given all the number of draft picks we had during the past few seasons, re-signing these guys is going to be a daunting task  when you start having back to back to back years in which you have 5-6 free agents up for free agency.  Also, we need to have some  veteran presence out there seeing how young this team is sarting to become, and the fact is, Mankins is a beast at his position.  Lastly, for those who think the Pats don't need him, then ask yourself why the Pats offered so much money for this guy when the historically go cheap on the OL and usually opt not to re-sign guys that require big money a la Damien Woody?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Alright I'll say it again: NO - WE DO NOT NEED MANKINS.

Addressing this issue on multiple levels is necessary:

SHORT TERM:
    Mankins has not been here for all of training camp, preseason, and the first 6 games of this season. Add in the fact that we already had our bye, and the fact is there is no time for us to let him get back into game shape. We have gone 5 - 1 while he was out, and could have beaten the Jets if we'd played better. I feel that we will split the games with them this year, and that should be enough to give us the edge in the AFC east (since we beat a common opponent that they lost to - Baltimore).

LONG TERM:
    Mankins wants crazy money. He is disgruntled and if/when he comes back he will not be happy about it. He's not going to be a team player this year. IMHO I don't think BB should play him if he does come back. I wouldn't even let him back into the locker room since he will be a distraction and a malcontent. Ideally we would have traded him, but the truth is NO ONE ELSE thinks he's worth it. If they did there would have been a great chance that we could have had him sign his deal and traded him away. I truly think that the Pats would have let him go for a 2nd rounder. 

That report of Mankins being asked to apologize publicly came from his agent - not any representative of the Pats nor an objective outsider. It's not obvious that his agent is desperately trying to fix his blunder and is lying his butt off to make his player seem like the victim???

OVERALL:
    The line had a bad day YESTERDAY - against ONE OF THE BEST D's IN THE LEAGUE. We held up well against the Dolphins, and the Ravens the previous 2 games! Allow them the occasional bad day, but this is still a very capable OL.

LAST ISSUE WITH THE ABOVE COMMENTS:
    How exactly does signing Mankins to a big money deal make it any easier to sign the current players when their contracts are up? It's obvious that BB doesn't value Mankins as much as the other positions, since we are having this discussion in the first place, so why should we sign him to a big money deal? I'm not Einstein, but that doesn't quite add up...

Sections
Shortcuts