We Need New Offense Cood. And Def Coodinator!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

We Need New Offense Cood. And Def Coodinator!!!!!

Offense coodinator, was horrible, I could even tell what the pat's were going to do, just the way they lined up........ maybe (TOM TERRIFIC SHOULD CALL THE PLAYS HIMSELF)!!!!!!! Defense coodinator, Just horrible (PEES) all baltimore did was (RUN, RUN, RUN,) IF YOU CAN'T STOP THAT........BYE, BYE........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: We Need New Offense Cood. And Def Coodinator!!!!!

What number was Pees wearing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Sounds like the Pats are going to miss out on Al Groh, too:

This after missing out on Crennel:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Wow Im glad you broke this story, its not like the world hasnt been screaming this for for a year and a half every fukin day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

bradyslady you are spot on. The play calling on both sides of the ball was horrendus at times this year. Pity the 2 best options both went to kansas. I am particularly concerned with the Pats defense. It has turned into an embarrasment in the NFL. How could this be possible under BB? He has made his living as a defensive genius and look what the defense has become. Was it Romeo who was the defensive genius all along?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

flip who do you like better? who should we get?

Don't say Romeo because his defenses stats were not better than pees when he was here in NE. He's gone now anyway but facts are facts.

Don't say we should have kept Capers instead. His D gave up more points than The Patriots D did this year. His D gave up more points in their wild card game than the Patriots did in their wild card game. When he was the head coach of the Texans his D ranked 28th in the NFL 2 of the 3 years he was there.

Groh, his defenses numbers progressively got worse for the first three years he was DC here in NE before going up just slightly from his previously worst year. His defenses numbers are worse than Pees.

I am all for being educated by others and open minded about how the Patriots can be better. Just waiting for someone to say who AND actually explain WHY they think we should replace Pees with "x" DC?

In short, who is available as DC that has an amazing track record as a DC everywhere he has gone and there's pretty much no doubt he would be an upgrade over Pees? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

If anyone can post the defensive #s under Crennel and Pees, I would be greatful. I could be wrong, but I would be very surprised if Pees #s were better than Crennels.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Statistically we were very close to the top of the league in offense and defense this year. #3 in points allowed and #6 in points scored.  Under Pees we've been a top 5 scoring defense every year except last year, when we were top 10.  I'd say Pees is pretty darn good.  And #6 scoring offense is pretty good with a QB coming back from major knee surgery, consistent injuries across the offensive line all season, and no #3 wide receiver.  I say give us more O'Brien Pees!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Al Groh (under Tuna)

1993 13th - 17.9

1994 18th - 19.5

1995 28th - 23.6

1996 19th - 19.6

Avg. 19.5th - 20.15 pts/game

Romeo (under BB)

2000 26th - 26.2 (cleveland) (under rules where the D can Maul WR)

2001 24th - 17 (under rules where the D can Maul WR)

2002 23rd - 21.6

2003 7th - 14.9

2004 9th - 16.2

Avg. 17.8th -19.18 pts/game

Pees (under BB) (NFL A HIGHER SCORING LEAGUE, A PASSING LEAGUE, Higher QB ratings across the board)

2006 6th - 14.8

2007 4th - 17.1

2008 10th - 19.3

2009 11th - 17.8

Avg. 7.7th - 17.25 pts/game

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Patriot personel were the reason Pees had trouble stopping Baltimore. Pees is a legit top coordinator.
    O'Brien however would not be my choice but I am not sure who else might be available. I wanted Weis but obviously thats out. I may be wrong but at times Brady didn't look to be on the same page as his coordinator.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I dont blame Pees too much....I dont know the complexities of running a defense but his numbers proved to be pretty good.  If we can all remember the season, most games were close.  Although the defense never made the big stop when it was needed, they did enough to keep the score in a reasonable place for the offense to win, in which they didnt.  It was alot of miss tackles and too much Wilhite that killed the pats this season.  Not to mention the Horrible pass rush.

The major disfunction that this team had was the offense not being able to score in the second half.  Not being able to close games out by killing the clock.  Horrible halftime adjustments or lackthereof.  There was only 1 drive this year when TB had a comeback and that was week 1 against Buffalo.

Also in the wildcard game against Balt the pats still had a chance to win that game.  Once again the offense could not produce.  I believe they had the ball about 3-4 times inside Baltimores 50 and could not even get in field goal range.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Brady doesn't call his own plays and never will. it's his one fault.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Everything is approved by the HC.....if the HC doesn't like the play, then he will change it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots need more Riverboat Charlie plays.  They're too predictable, so opposing players are ready to tee off.  I actually saw one flea flicker early in the season.  Oddly enough, it worked for a big gain.

They need to switch up the play calling against other teams, especially when it really counts.  According to the game announcers, Baltimore had plays figured out.  They were yelling "Red 40" which means draw play, just before Kevin Faulk ran a draw play.  The same goes with the snap count.  Baltimore timed some pass rushes perfectly. 

Be just a bit paranoid.  Occasionally assume that the in-helmet microphones might be bugged.  Go into the huddle deadpan, with a hand signal if necessary, and come out running some other play.  If necessary, lie a bit to the offensive line in case one of them is giving a "tell" on the play by the way he tilts his body.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I have to agree with the posters who say the defense wasn't that bad, it wasn't.  The breakdowns on defense this season were mainly due to the offense going three and out again, again and again...  every defense will get tired and have breakdowns eventually.

The lone run to open the game against the Ravens was a breakdown that obviously can't be attributed to fatigue, but it was a well blocked play and Ray Rice just exploded out of the hole.  Without a doubt Mayo had one of the worst games I've ever seen him have, he was committing himself early in plays and getting tangled up with blockers.  Meriweather also got shook on that first play, it was just a well executed play... it shouldn't have set the tone for the entire game but it did...

The offense hasn't been the same since Charlie left, they used to own the time of possession and smack opposing teams in the mouth.  Now they fall back on their heels, take blows and try to finesse their way downfield.  It's not a formula for winning.  We were better off when we played like a team that was less talented, we saw shades of that offense when they were forced to use Matt Cassall... 

Chan Gailey is another guy who was schooled in our offensive system, where is he coaching now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think we definitely need a new game plan when it comes to offense.  I'm not the greatest football mind but watching the games this year I was able to call the play they where about to run almost 90% of the time. I don't know about you guys but I was never surprised at what the Pats where going to do. This is from someone who play football from age 7 to high-school and now some flag football for fun, no way a professional and I thought the offense was transparent.  If I can see I'm sure the pros were ready for the Pats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from spelton1. Show spelton1's posts

bradyslady12 -

First of all, you wish.  Secondly, is the internet shrieking really necessary? The all caps were sufficient to get your point across without the exclamations points, which seem more than a bit superfluous.  Lastly, did you even look at the overall defensive stats before you posted that?  If not, you should have. If you did, then you are either blind, or challenged, in which case, I'm very sorry for your condition...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I guess BB agrees with me. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It looks like bradyslady gets the last laugh:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/01/report_patriots_7.html

It is shocking news. I wonder what their plan is?

Sections
Shortcuts