We need that bye (#2 AFC)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

We need that bye (#2 AFC)

The texans and ravens got away with a couple HUGE "W" today... i am not impress with them, but this NE team, really needs the bye week to get Gronk back at full health.

Ravens Schedule is not easy... Chargers, Steelers, Redskins, Denver, NYG, Cincy

but they need at least to drop 2 games for NE to have a chance.

There is a lot of football left, but it does not look good for us.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

Re: We need that bye (#2 AFC)...Houston is a bit overrated. Balty always has problems on the road. Pats can beat both.

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The texans and ravens got away with a couple HUGE "W" today... i am not impress with them, but this NE team, really needs the bye week to get Gronk back at full health.

[/QUOTE]

u ought to be impressed with houston...played a bad game, down by 14 in 4th qtr and still won and still scored 43 pts

the good teams win even on their bad days-they will be dangerous esp at home

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: We need that bye (#2 AFC)

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are going to pay a steep price for those 3 putrid losses against Arizona, Baltimore, and Seattle...in terms of playoff seeding. Beating out Denver for the 3rd seed is not guaranteed, either. The Broncos have a very easy schedule the rest of the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are going to pay a steep price for those 3 putrid losses against Arizona, Baltimore, and Seattle...in terms of playoff seeding. Beating out Denver for the 3rd seed is not guaranteed, either. The Broncos have a very easy schedule the rest of the way.

[/QUOTE]

i agree and pointed it out after each josh playcalling-caused loss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I feel too. Denver will probably run the table with their schedule. Going to Denver for a playoff game is dicey. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The toughest part of our schedule is ahead of us, the good news is the Texans may have peaked too early and the Ravens and others are racking up the injuries the same way we are.  1st round bye would be nice but with the youth on our team the more experience we get them leading up to the Super Bowl the better and more time for important players to get healthy... in short, just get into the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bye would be nice, but a bunch of recent Super Bowl winners have done it without the benefit of the week off.  I think we'll win the Division and therefore at least get home field advantage for the first playoff game and be a minimum of fourth seed.  The key for us is winning the rest of our games.  The two toughest are Houston (which helps us triply if we beat them by providing a win for us, a loss for them, and the win of the tiebreaker for us) and SF.  The rest of the schedule isn't so bad, with NYJ, Miami twice, and Jax.  Balt has a reasonably tough schedule too, with Pitt, NYG, and Den, plus Cin, Was, and SD.  This is helpful, because they have the tiebreaker against us.  Houston's schedule is relatively soft (Pats and Minn are the toughest, then Indy twice,  Det, and Ten).  Denver has a cupcake schedule, with Balt and maybe TB being the only tough opponents (they also have KC twice, Oak, and Cleveland).  We have the tiebreaker with Denver, though, so that helps.  Pittsburgh hasn't done well in the division (they are 3-4, while we're 6-1) so that helps with tiebreakers.  Their schedule is fairly weak however--Balt is their toughest game, then they face Cle twice, Cin, Dal, and SD.  Overall, it's hard to say, but I think fourth seed is a minimum barring any disasters in the Division, and third is likely.  First or second will be tough, but Balt has some tough games still and we get a chance to help our fate by beating Houston.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If Gronk hadn't been injued I think NE ends with the 2nd seed. 

Just my prediction. 

Either Baltimore OR Texans drop the games they need to drop for NE to get in. 

Texans just need one bad week, and one butt kicking from the Pats to slide back. 

No Gronk? Well, I think NE loses to HOU and SF. 

Sorry, but it's how I feel. He is too important to the offense. Everyone on the opposing defense flows to this guy. He opens things up. He is a tremendous (best TE) blocker for the runners. 

Now NE has to pick between a terrible blocking TE and Hernandez (if he is healthy) and shuffle people in and out. 

If NE beats these teams, it will be from the spread, Lloyd, Welker, Hern/Edleman, whoever, with a RB who can flex. It will take perfect football from Brady. It will take the defense playing out of its mind. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Putrid?  You mean the losses by one or two points each?  Troll

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't think the Pats need a bye. As of right now, other than Gronk, the Pats have no significant injuries (Chung doesnt count). Of course, that can change.

That being said, the Patriots are a rhythm team. As long as they can catch/maintain their fire going into the playoffs and through the playoffs, we won't need a bye.

Wildcard game against Pittsburgh and away game at Denver are probably my biggest concerns.

I would not mind one bit playing in HOU. Offensive teams/Pass happy teams tend to thrive in domes (I know HOU is a retractable roof but I'll call it a dome). Pats are yet to play in a dome, but I think the Pats could thrive in that situation

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

While a bye would be nice, i'm not overly concerned as long as we are healthy for the most part. The most recent SB winners (Giants and Packers) won it without a bye. It's all about coming into the playoffs hot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Playing balt on the road I don't think is as problematic as going to Den or Hou.

[/QUOTE]

This, thankfully we own the tie breaker against Den and Hou has to not only face us but the Colts twice. There is an oppertunity to sneak into a bye spot but we need to beat Hou first and hope they drop at least one to the Colts. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just my prediction. 

Texans just need one bad week, and one butt kicking from the Pats to slide back. 

Sorry, but it's how I feel. He is too important to the offense. Everyone on the opposing defense flows to this guy. He opens things up. He is a tremendous (best TE) blocker for the runners. 

Now NE has to pick between a terrible blocking TE and Hernandez (if he is healthy) and shuffle people in and out. 

If NE beats these teams, it will be from the spread, Lloyd, Welker, Hern/Edleman, whoever, with a RB who can flex. It will take perfect football from Brady. It will take the defense playing out of its mind. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Z.  All good points.  I think we split with SF/HOU at worst if Gronk is not in the lineup.  With any luck the weather could play into our favor at that point in the season.  I realize that those are both physical teams, but they are also warm weather teams coming to Foxbourgh in Dec.  Also, I have a hunch that Gronk will only miss 2-3 games.  He has proven what a tough SOB he is, and if there is any chance of him being out there against SF or HOU or both, I think he will be.  A #2 seed is not out of the question, but I think NE will have to run the table the rest of the way to get it.  It isn't an easy road, but if you look at it game-by-game it isn't impossible.  We need to start by taking care of buisness against a Division rival on the road this Thursday night.  Jets always seem to make it interersting.  Also, in a weird way, Gronk not being there might make NE a little bit tough for the Jets to prepare for this week.  It is obviously a tough loss not having him, but now the Jets have to figure out how NE is going to try to attack them.  I'm sure Hernandez will be a "Game Time Decision", and I could see guys like Vereen/Edelman/Shiancoe/Fells??? being a bigger factor than normal in Gronk's absence.  Should be interesting to see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I don´t agree... i think The offense will be OK... in the 30 - 32pts range without Gronk. Hernandez can run a show, different than Gronk´s but equaly effective.

THIS OFFENSE IS WHAT IT IS  BECAUSE OF #12 and the Oline not #87. If the Oline gets healthy i think they can play good enough to beat anyone @home this year.

TEX and SF are @NE, thats HUGE !!!... 

#2 will be hard to get. 

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just my prediction. 

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

OP is a troll

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm curious mighty, who isn't a troll in your mind? I'm pretty sure you've called everyone a troll once for questioning anything about the Pats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Needing to see either the Texans or Ravens lose at least two games, IF the Pats can run the rest of the table, I think the Ravens would be the better choice to do this. Their beat up defense needs to play halthy offenses in the Broncos and Giants. Plus, who knows what could happen with RG3 when they play the 'Skins. The Chargers are underperforming offensively, and should be no challenge. Cincy is consistently inconsistent. Run off 3 wins, then run off three losses. I doubt if Gentle Ben will be ready to play in 2 weeks, so last night's Ravens/Steelers game could very well be repeated in two weeks. I can see them losing two of the three games involving the Broncos, Giants, and 'Skins, all having offenses that could handle their defense. .

The Texans tough part of their schedule is coming up, with three straight road games. Other than NE, I don't see them losing to either the Lions or Titans. Their best chance of two losses is to the Pats and splitting with the Colts. Now, that means the Pats would have to win out, including against the Texans and 49'ers at home in consecutive weeks. I can see them losing to the Texans (those 500+ passing yards yesterday was NOT a mirage), but not to the 49'ers. Their hope would be to have a 65-60 shoot out with Houston, as I see their DB's getting torched badly. Sorry, but Luck is NO Schaub, who has a stable of veteran/proven receivers. That game COULD get very ugly, very fast, from a Pats fan pespective.  

But, bottom line is that this is the NFL, where anything is possible. Going into yesterday, no one gave the Browns or Jags a chance. Yet, they both had double digit leads and blew them (now, where have we heard or seen about this before?).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Putrid?  You mean the losses by one or two points each?  Troll

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those exhibitions that put the number "3" in the loss column. Guess what? Doesn't matter how they loss, they're still losses. You know, using your philosophy of "a win is a win". From what I remember, playoff seedings are determined by wins and losses, not by a "How Much Did You Lose By?" category. Having to play playoff games on the road due to shoddy play gakking up two wins (coming from in front both times with double digit 4th Qtr leads) is NOT a good thing. The loss to the Cardinals was, well, just plain inexcusable.

Save he "troll" for when yiou need a different one syllable arguement. (Go ask Mommy what a "syllable" is.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I could see the Pats winning out and the Texans losing one other game to give us a Bye week.  If that happens and Denver can go into Baltimore and beat the Ravens in the Playoffs we could have Home Field throughout.

Could the Pats stumble against SF or Houston sure, but I don't see them losing another home game this season.   I like the way the D looked with Talib yesterday.  The seemed to be right on the receivers and tackling well.  I didn't see a lot of space after a catch like they have been playing and te YAC was way done except for a couple of screens but you can expect that to happen in every game.

I never really believed that one guy could make a difference but I'm starting to.  Give them a couple of games against the Jest and that Phins and they could start to look like a well run machine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well I used to say, "Give BB as Bye, 3 games to Glory"  and that thoery has been proven wrong so at this point I would like to get the bye but this team could also go on the road and win games if needed. A part of me would like that because the last couple times weve made it the the SB, the other team was more battle tested than us and we are behind in the gut check wins category as well so a couple of rough road games may be what this teams need and I still believe # 2 is attainable from the Ravens, but the Texans have # 1 IMO and thats not changing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

We should be safe at # 3

A # 2 has poor odds as it looks today.

Might, just could be, a tad tricky for the Pats not to have 1 more loss.

However, lets for now say they win out.

Denver loses at least 1 more and a good chance at 2 losses.

This week. Detroit has a long history of playing very well at home on Turkey Day. Houston has drawn them this year so no gimmie for Houston by any means.

Week 13 has Denver hosting TB. TB playing very well so no gimmie for Denver.

Week 14 Ravens at Wash and Wash is strong at home, no gimmie for Bal.

Week 15 has Denver at Bal so we get a game on one of em'

Colts at Houston for a Div Rival. No Gimmie for Houston.

Week 16 Ravens at home against the G Men. Giants play tough in Dec.

Week 17 has the Texans at the Colts for the second div game. Again, no gimmie for Hou and a season split very well could happen.

These are a few games that stand out to me. Of course there are always the "how the hell did that happen?" losses that happen every week so we may catch a break somewhere ahead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

OP is a troll

[/QUOTE]

For the love of God enough of this "Troll" crap when you don't agree with someone. If someone is being an obvieous wise azz and trouble maker, sure, but other wise please cease.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/immature

Sections
Shortcuts