We need that bye (#2 AFC)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: We need that bye (#2 AFC)

How's that saying go? Oh yeah..... ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.... as we saw with the Cardinals, especially for the Patriots. They have had issues against teams with good QB's. The Texans and Schaub's 500+ yards yesterday concern me. They face no other team with a top-notch or even a good QB. This should allow the DB's to do a better job, knowing they're not going to face a gun slinger. But, that won't mean much if they still play poorly. Even in a loss, Luck did out throw Brady in yards and had 2 TD's. I saw many drops and poor rookie throws too. I also saw several penalties there were , well, atrocious, like Arrington's total mugging on the first possession. They regularly get beat like an old rug. With less than average QB's in their future, we can only hope to see this improve.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The texans and ravens got away with a couple HUGE "W" today... i am not impress with them, but this NE team, really needs the bye week to get Gronk back at full health.

Ravens Schedule is not easy... Chargers, Steelers, Redskins, Denver, NYG, Cincy

but they need at least to drop 2 games for NE to have a chance.

There is a lot of football left, but it does not look good for us.

[/QUOTE]

The bye would be nice, but is not necessary. The Giants won after going 9-7. If the Pats win the AFC East, they should be able to win a wild card game and two more, even if it means going on the road. If they can't do so, then they simply weren't good enough to be at the Super Bowl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

What ???  Hernandez ankle, mankins hip and ankle, gronk forearm, Conolly back. 70% of the starters are limited all week.

i say WE NEED THAT BYE !

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think the Pats need a bye. As of right now, other than Gronk, the Pats have no significant injuries (Chung doesnt count). Of course, that can change.

That being said, the Patriots are a rhythm team. As long as they can catch/maintain their fire going into the playoffs and through the playoffs, we won't need a bye.

Wildcard game against Pittsburgh and away game at Denver are probably my biggest concerns.

I would not mind one bit playing in HOU. Offensive teams/Pass happy teams tend to thrive in domes (I know HOU is a retractable roof but I'll call it a dome). Pats are yet to play in a dome, but I think the Pats could thrive in that situation

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

What ???  Hernandez ankle, mankins hip and ankle, gronk forearm, Conolly back. 70% of the starters are limited all week.

i say WE NEED THAT BYE !

[QUOTE]

I don't think the Pats need a bye. As of right now, other than Gronk, the Pats have no significant injuries (Chung doesnt count). Of course, that can change.

That being said, the Patriots are a rhythm team. As long as they can catch/maintain their fire going into the playoffs and through the playoffs, we won't need a bye.

Wildcard game against Pittsburgh and away game at Denver are probably my biggest concerns.

I would not mind one bit playing in HOU. Offensive teams/Pass happy teams tend to thrive in domes (I know HOU is a retractable roof but I'll call it a dome). Pats are yet to play in a dome, but I think the Pats could thrive in that situation

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most teams will be badly beaten up after Week 17.

Bottom line is if you're good enough to win the Super Bowl, you're good enough to take the long road to get there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i say WE NEED THAT BYE !

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most teams will be badly beaten up after Week 17.

Bottom line is if you're good enough to win the Super Bowl, you're good enough to take the long road to get there.

[/QUOTE]

i wanted the buy and home field adv thru badly coming into the season. but in the last few weeks i put the odds on #4.

we'll see. if  we do better, i'll take that as gravy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The texans and ravens got away with a couple HUGE "W" today... i am not impress with them, but this NE team, really needs the bye week to get Gronk back at full health.

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are going to pay a steep price for those 3 putrid losses against Arizona, Baltimore, and Seattle...in terms of playoff seeding. Beating out Denver for the 3rd seed is not guaranteed, either. The Broncos have a very easy schedule the rest of the way.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I feel too. Denver will probably run the table with their schedule. Going to Denver for a playoff game is dicey. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they just lost McGahee for 6-8 weeks too. They may not run the table after all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are going to pay a steep price for those 3 putrid losses against Arizona, Baltimore, and Seattle...in terms of playoff seeding. Beating out Denver for the 3rd seed is not guaranteed, either. The Broncos have a very easy schedule the rest of the way.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's how I feel too. Denver will probably run the table with their schedule. Going to Denver for a playoff game is dicey. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they just lost McGahee for 6-8 weeks too. They may not run the table after all.

[/QUOTE]

good point. but as long as manning and his receivers arer there, who is going to beat them on their schedule

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good point. but as long as manning and his receivers arer there, who is going to beat them on their schedule

[/QUOTE]

Had Jax held onto that big lead yesterday, the Pats would have had a legitimate shot at number one. But no Gronk might make it harder to beat Tex even at home. 

Sections
Shortcuts