We need to get younger! Wait. We need more experience! Wait.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

We need to get younger! Wait. We need more experience! Wait.

Every year every fan knows more than BB. First, we're too old. Then we draft all these quality guys. Now we're too young. So, we look at some more experienced guys to bring in. For example, Kevin Carter for experience and depth. No, no, no! We need to get younger here. Not bring in relics.

As one Pat fan to another. Can some of you just chill the heck out. Shouldn't you have learned by now that maybe, just maybe BB is savvy. Not every move is going to make sense to fans. The best part about that, it doesn't have to.

Personally, I'd like to see him bring in some OLB help. I'm not sold yet. But I'm a fan. I don't need to be sold. Who knows, BB may know better than even me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Re: We need to get younger! Wait. We need more experience! Wait.

BB knows better than me too.
    However, we need to get younger.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

I'm ok with having younger guys with a few older ones on the field.
    To me, it's having the best of both worlds. We'll see what happens.
    I'm sure we're going to have 4 or 5 of these moves before camp is over.

But that's the fun of pre-season. You just never know what's on the BB horizon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

A good mix is what you need, and that's where I feel the Patriots are right now. We've got plenty of vets, but after this draft we've suddenly got a nice infusion of youth.

It's a good balance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Well some positions (LB, CB, RB) are stacked with players who either have too much or too little experience, with very few of those 5 year vets still in their prime.  But this has worked in the past, and both our lines are stacked with players with the right mix of youth and experience. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

First, I would like to nominate randomname75 for the 2009 BDC Postie Award for Best Thread Title of the Preseason.

Well done.

"Wait . . . "

Secondly, the prevailing wisdom around here is that Belichick is . . .  um . . .  the prevailing wisdom. So what you get are a lot of long, intricate, well-thought-out posts that usually end in: "In Bill We Trust." It's okay to disagree with Bill. My guess is that the reason he is as successful as he is is because not a lot of people understand the subject matter the way he does, and sometimes his thought process and intentions are not clear to we mere mortals. Playing armchair coach or quarterback or general manager or what-have-you is what this forum is all about, but I don't think even the worst of the trolls or the most delusional of the esoterics here ( you know who you are) really believes that they have a deeper insight than Belichick.

Sometimes it's just fun to pretend we do.

Maintaining that precarious balance between youth and experience is what seperates the teams that flash and then are gone from the teams that consistently compete for championships. The decisions are not always popular, but if they keep the team realistically in the hunt for the big prize, the guy who makes those decisions always will be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the last i checked this was a discussion forum.regardless what the subject is or what is said,or who,s opinion,its all debated,argued,talked,name calling,picking at misspelling[any clues]telling someone to go f... themselves.its all here.its a sports forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

We need an entire team of players directly in their prime, and the turnover to replace them as they leave their prime with other going into theirs.  Make surethe salaries are kept inside the cap as well.  Sounds easy right?  Always have to have a mix of cheap old guys, cheap young guy, and reasonably priced guys in their prime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Yes, BB knows more than all of us.  But we can still debate, speculate, and share opinions.  That's the whole point of message boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

BTW - I apologize, I should have been more clear as far as what I was referring to when I started this thread. Of course I understand the purpose of a message board.

It wasn't like I had a Steve Martin moment from The Jerk - "Ah... It's a profit deal. Takes the pressure off!"

What I was talking about was the constant complaining on Reiss's Blog about every single move that's been made. There wasn't any real thought, or debate, or speculation. It was just crying.

Believe me - I live for the debates. It's what makes this time of year (as well as the time leading up to the draft) so much fun.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Good times. Go Patriots.

Sections
Shortcuts