we need to improve on offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: we need to improve on offense

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to mosseffect's comment:

14.4 points a game just dosent cut it in the nfl we need some big time playmakers on offense

That 14.4 points was with the best slot WR in the game, he's in Denver now.  

The Pats need to make some major moves in this draft for the WR position or things will be much worse on offense this upcoming season.

Or maybe it's a situation where it's addition by subtraction?  Obviously Wes is a phenomenal player and I loved him when he was here, but maybe his existence here contributed to the predictable offense.  We got rid of Moss in 2010 and went 14-2 that year.  Just an example.  People were p*ssing and moaning when we dealt Moss and Brady went on to having one of the best years a QB has hever had.

I know I'll get bashed for this premise but when you can link it to similar examples from the past, the statement doesn't look that outrageous.  

Welker has been one of the most reliable players NE has ever had and his stats don't lie.   To expect Danny A or Edleman to pickup the slack is really wishful thinking.  Hopefully the Pats make a move in the first rd for a top flight WR, then maybe I'll feel better about this upcoming season.

That's the point made by Mob..... perhaps that helps us. Who might the D game plan for? Through it to the open man. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

14.4 points a game just dosent cut it in the nfl we need some big time playmakers on offense

The Pats need to make some major moves in this draft for the WR position or things will be much worse on offense this upcoming season.

Or maybe it's a situation where it's addition by subtraction?  Obviously Wes is a phenomenal player and I loved him when he was here, but maybe his existence here contributed to the predictable offense.  We got rid of Moss in 2010 and went 14-2 that year.  Just an example.  People were p*ssing and moaning when we dealt Moss and Brady went on to having one of the best years a QB has hever had.

I know I'll get bashed for this premise but when you can link it to similar examples from the past, the statement doesn't look that outrageous.  

Welker has been one of the most reliable players NE has ever had and his stats don't lie.   To expect Danny A or Edleman to pickup the slack is really wishful thinking.  Hopefully the Pats make a move in the first rd for a top flight WR, then maybe I'll feel better about this upcoming season.

You clearly aren't understanding what I'm articulating.  

I understand Welker was one of the most reliable players the Patriots have ever had.  I also realize that this reliability on Welker created predictability for the opponents to use to their advantage.  Our offense has sucked in the past few postseasons.  In 2010, when Moss departed, who was there to "pick up the slack"?  Nobody in particular.  Everybody stepped up.  Our offense was diversified and that's what I'm hoping comes with Welker's departure.  

I do think BB will draft a WR, and possibly pick up a camp cut, but try to digest what I'm saying instead of misconstruing it and jumping to irrelevant conclusions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

That's the point made by Mob..... perhaps that helps us. Who might the D game plan for? Through it to the open man. 

Thank you, sir.  At least somebody gets what I'm trying to say.  haha 

Look no further than 2010.  Everybody here was up in arms about trading away Moss (I was, too, mind you) and it actually HELPED our offense.  Does that mean we had better guys than Moss?  No, it doesn't.  It means that other guys stepped up in other areas and it helped diversify our offense.  Brady goes on to throw 36 TDs and 4 INTs to win the MVP.  It's not a coincidence. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to thehub's comment:

Thank you, sir.  At least somebody gets what I'm trying to say.  haha 

Look no further than 2010.  Everybody here was up in arms about trading away Moss (I was, too, mind you) and it actually HELPED our offense.  Does that mean we had better guys than Moss?  No, it doesn't.  It means that other guys stepped up in other areas and it helped diversify our offense.  Brady goes on to throw 36 TDs and 4 INTs to win the MVP.  It's not a coincidence. 

Exactly. And it's also not a coincidence our inexperienced, raw D that started 4 rookies played BETTER once Moss was dealt to the tune of a 14-2 record. The D before that was shaky, finding its way, etc, and then they started creating turnovers at a very high rate and helping win games.

@ SD, vs Baltimore in OT, etc.

The offense was more ball control based and by December that D was the best D in the NFL, allowing the least amount of points that month.

Don't throw 40+ times or throw INTs and you not only have a more balanced offense, but a D that is better than it looks.

Voila, complementary football.

Nothing personal with Welker, but he sort of symbolizes a much deeper problem, one that affects the entire team.

Symbolizes? What does that even mean? Why does that really matter?

The bottomline is it was not WW's fault that TB threw to him a lot. TB had options. TB had other options to throw to. If he did not, maybe it was because WW was the only one achieving the level of separation that TB demands on every play. If there is a problem to fix, get to the root of it. Honestly, IDK what that is, but I know WW was not it.

If that issue is not fixed, TB will just latch on to another binky or two. One will definitely be Gronk. Will it be Amendola? IDK. But if it's just a couple of receivers he throws 75% of his passes to then the Pats will be in the same place they have been in the playoffs of recent years.

2007 it was Moss and Welker

2011, 2012 it was Gronk and Welker

Point is that predictability (I don't like the word balance), should apply not just t run vs pass, it should also be about who TB passes to. This is not about blaming TB. Bottomline is that only TB can fix that.

BTW, pls don't say Hern can catch as many balls as WW, until he does it. More than twice in his short career, Hern dropped the ball on the very next play after one where he was hit hard. WW has shown he can keep his composure after getting hit hard.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts