we need to improve on offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect. Show mosseffect's posts

we need to improve on offense

14.4 points a game just dosent cut it in the nfl we need some big time playmakers on offense

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: we need to improve on offense

I agree but if there is a really good defensive player available at 29 I would rather take him and wait 'til the second to pick a wideout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect. Show mosseffect's posts

i agree with not having many draft picks,we need to make each one count,i wouldnt mind seeing a great running back drafted

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What team is this in reference to? The Patriots scored 557 points, most in the NFL. That is 34.8 points per game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to mosseffect's comment:

i agree with not having many draft picks,we need to make each one count,i wouldnt mind seeing a great running back drafted

Dude, we had the 7th best rushing offense last year.  A 1200 yard back in Ridley, Vereen will get much more reps this year and from last year he proves he has electric ability, add to that Bolden has a year under his belt, and sprinkle in Washington and I'd say we are set at RB.

Now, if you want to say we need another receiver than I 100% agree.  BB will either draft one, sign one after training camp cuts, or trade for one.  Book it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Also, I don't think we're in need of 'playmakers' on offense but rather we need more mental toughness and good health come playoff time.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm still trying to figure out who scored 14.4 points/game? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I believe he's referring to the past couple playoff losses.  He's right in saying the offense has underwhelmed in past playoff losses, but I wouldn't attribute our losses to lack of talent or lack of 'playmakers' but rather we had the misfortune of injury and the team was not as mentally tough as their opponent.  Simple as that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I believe he's referring to the past couple playoff losses.  He's right in saying the offense has underwhelmed in past playoff losses, but I wouldn't attribute our losses to lack of talent or lack of 'playmakers' but rather we had the misfortune of injury and the team was not as mentally tough as their opponent.  Simple as that.

I think he's clueless and has no idea what he's talking about, but you're nicer than me...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Also, I don't think we're in need of 'playmakers' on offense but rather we need more mental toughness and good health come playoff time.  

Agree.   Moss and 2007 changed how people understand the game of football around here.

It's the same people who keep bringing up "field stretchers" and thinking the D is allowing teams to jump out to huge leads on us, as to why we lose those games.

BB may be done in FA at WR, but I can't see him not getting one in this draft.

Would love a trade for Earl Bennett and Quinton Patton in Rd 2.

I've told you before that I like Bennett.  A lot of upside and is wasting away in Chicago with Nancy Cutler throwing to him.  

I could see BB bringing in a camp cut guy later in training camp or possibly bringing back Lloyd on a lesser deal.

Also, a lot of us developed a warped sense of reality after 07 because we were spoiled by those exciting shootouts.  We have seemed to forget that we won 3 Super Bowls without a "deep threat" but rather smart, physical possession-type receivers.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Amendola brings to diversifying this offense, and what other rookies/campcuts BB brings in to make this offense tougher.  I'm excited.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

14.4 points a game just dosent cut it in the nfl we need some big time playmakers on offense

If only we had a guy like Randy Moss.  We would have won many SBs.  Oh wait...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect. Show mosseffect's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2013/04/24/time-for-patriots-draft-impact-receiver/5NKDor8qFEc2Y0Vcw7Nk3M/story.html here you go muzwell as for the irish mo b like i said before we  need to improve the offense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I think he's clueless and has no idea what he's talking about, but you're nicer than me...

Haha that may be the case.  I just did the calculation and the Pats have averaged 15.8 ppg in their last 5 playoff losses dating back to 2007.  That's pretty bad, but like I said, it's more of the opposing defense outplaying us, injuries, and lack of mental toughness; it's not lack of 'playmakers.'

Either way, the OP should have clarified where he's getting this 14.4 stat.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

That 14.4 points was with the best slot WR in the game, he's in Denver now.  

The Pats need to make some major moves in this draft for the WR position or things will be much worse on offense this upcoming season.

Or maybe it's a situation where it's addition by subtraction?  Obviously Wes is a phenomenal player and I loved him when he was here, but maybe his existence here contributed to the predictable offense.  We got rid of Moss in 2010 and went 14-2 that year.  Just an example.  People were p*ssing and moaning when we dealt Moss and Brady went on to having one of the best years a QB has hever had.

I know I'll get bashed for this premise but when you can link it to similar examples from the past, the statement doesn't look that outrageous.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts