We should help out Josh....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

killa...ahhh...I think it's from California somewhere..very good..and oh yeah...I think Denver is in big trouble....big trouble, big price...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

shouldn't we? Let's send him O'Connell and pick #47 for the #12, and we take Rey Maualuga. #34 is most likely in Carolina and we still have #23...Bailouts are all the rage now...let's help out Josh...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

No way. Maybe we offer him Gutz, but not O'Connell. He's our backup quarterback, and Brady's clear successor in a few years. His preseason games were great, and I think he'll be even better with another year in the system. We'd essentially be giving up a third (the pick we used to draft him) and a second in order to sign a LB we'd have to pay more money. How is that fiscally responsible?

I think it's more likely we swap firsts with Houston, plus #58, in order to take Maualuga before San Diego. That's better value, because we retain our backup QB, pay less to sign Maualuga--not to mention we don't have to sign two first round picks--and we also have a chance to sign an impact player (S, WR, CB) with #47.

But it sure is fun to play GM, isn't it? :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

RM might be there at 23, plenty of mocks having dropping.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

do you really think that sounds like a fair deal? his 1st rounder for a sophmore back up QB with no NFL in game experience and a 2nd rounder? what kind of weed are you smoking and where can i get some?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Reamer....If that could happen, I like that scenario a lot...you play GM real good...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

We should take Cassel back from KC, so we can accomodate both McDaniels and Cutler. While we are at it, hire Shanahan as our OC. (Not a bad idea!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I dunno...things are really spiraling downward in Denver....O'Connell is Josh's boy...what is he worth to Denver in this situation?...do we have a price for letting O'Connell go?..next year's first and a swap of this year's first...things are really getting ugly out there...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

I still think that # 12 pick is mighty valuable...would we give them O'Connell and #58 for that #12....hmmm...I might...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Airmanflight23. Show Airmanflight23's posts

[Quote]why not just trade Gutierrez for a 1st round pick in 2010 while they're at it? god i can't believe people are even taking this thread seriously[/Quote]

really, also incase some of you did not notice the Broncos signed Chris Simms. I think we did Josh enough of a favor by letting him calls the plays of the greatest offense ever assembled

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Bozo..it is Humbolt....lucky me...we aren't trading O'Connell and we're not going to help out the kid head coach..if Cutler demands out that situation is terrible...and everything has a price....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I wouldnt trade o'connel for less than a mid second, why...tons of potential, very cheap, has done well in very limited playing, but now has a year in the system and got some extra reps last year after Brady went down. Now in 2 more year, I see him netting a draft pick. I think our next top 3 rd drafted QB will be Brady's replacement, in about 4-6 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

I think we should trade O'Connell and a bag of Super Skunk for Cutler and some Mexican dirt weed and their 12th pick...the super skunk is good believe me.

More seriously....what the hell is McDaniels doing out there? Guy can't even have his first practice before he's got the franchise embroiled in a QB controversy. Cutler has the best young gun in the game...he's a little risky at times, but the guy can flat out chuck it...and with Eddie Royal and Brandon whatever his name is he's got two great young receivers...and McDaniels wanted Cassel?

Cassel had a great year for us, but he's not even close to as talented as Jay Cutler. I guess McDaniels prefers less risk and less reward from his QB, but my hunch is that Cassel isn't going to be the guy he was for NE in KC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats sweet, Cali weed is teh sh*t lol You are right Denver is in big trouble but them being in trouble doesnt make your trade purposal any less crazy. But thats why your hitting a bogn somewhere and not the GM of a pro football team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[Quote]why not just trade Gutierrez for a 1st round pick in 2010 while they're at it? god i can't believe people are even taking this thread seriously[/Quote]

tell me about it....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Cutler is an immature baby if he doesn't realize that this is a business and not a daycare. He needs to grow up! McDaniels is not to blame for this...his players are either backing him or keeping out of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I guess McDaniels prefers less risk and less reward from his QB, but my hunch is that Cassel isn't going to be the guy he was for NE in KC.

Truly Josh wants less risk. Cutler is a lot like Favre, but without the experience. McDaniels wants a guy who can will play smart, and by his rules. I'm sure Tom Brady can do what he wants at times, but Matt Cassel followed the book. He would be much more valuable to Josh than Cutler will, talent or no. And of course Matt will not take KC to an 11-5 season...at least not in 09. Denver would have been a better situation for him at least right now. GMs take calls all the time. Cutler (more likely his agent) reads that as disrespect. Well, he needs to get to camp and show them what he can do. Jay is probably mostly upset at Shanahan getting the axe. Mike was the one who believed in him when they were saying he went way too high. This "situation" will only hurt them both.

I still think that # 12 pick is mighty valuable...would we give them O'Connell and #58 for that #12....hmmm...I might...

They would still have to "dispose" of Cutler, and I doubt they'll cut him. So your scenario would depend on another trade deal. But the #12 would be nice. They could take Rey Maualuga, and that would keep him away from SD at 16!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Why is this thread making me so hungry?

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts