We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and....

5-2 is correct. if you think that we should be undefeated than you need to wake up. jets played 60 minutes of better football against us. and we only played the first 30 minutes against denver. that makes us 5-2..... 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and....:
    [QUOTE]"5-2 is correct. if you think that we should be undefeated than you need to wake up. jets played 60 minutes of better football against us. and we only played the first 30 minutes against denver. that makes us 5-2..... " If the Jets played "60 minutes" against us, why was it Pats 9, Jets 3 in the THIRD QUARTER? If the Ponies played "60 minutes" against us, why was it Pats 17, Ponies 7 in the THIRD QUARTER? BTW, GET A CLUE.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

get new glasses old man.
    it was 13-9 in the 3rd quarter, jets d pressured brady all day(60min) thats why the pats could only score field goals, or can you not remember that far back.
    and as for denver, didn't they have 2 td's drives of 90 plus yards against the pats? did the pats put up any points in the 2nd half? 

and maroney does stink. why do you think he is so great? cause he had 140 plus yards in a blow out against the worst run def in the league, wow he must be great. how about his 43 yards on 13 carries today against another terrible run def.  belichick and co. obviously didn't have any faith in him considering that he was 3rd on the depth chart before injuries. and they kept BJGE on the roster. don't get me wrong, he can be serviceable, he is great in the open field, can catch the ball. but he has no explosiveness at the line, he runs up right, he is not an every down back. sorry
    lets see how well he does against miami in 2 weeks.  

so before you tell me to get a clue, the pats should NOT be 7-0 because they lost out right in those two games.  there are plenty of games left, so we shouldn't be worried about what they coulda, shoulda and woulda be or done. there are a handful of tuff games coming up so lets hope we don't see the pats of week 2 and 5 again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : I'm "angry" at "fans" that are "angry" at a back that had what 145 yards last week? Most of those that "analyze" the Pats (don't they have better things to do than say, "Let's sign Zack Thomas..."?) ARE just that, fake fans.  I've always let coaches handle things since I was eight and I don't see why these people can't do the same. Perhaps we should critique what THEY do for a living? Sheesh. We're 5-2.  Get a grip.  Don't remember anyone complaining about the RB's when Drewsoe was QB and we were 5-11 back in ought ought.

145 yards last week, how about the games previous to that...  Did his performance reflect last weeks game, or was it more like a trend we've been witness to for the past 4 years?  I really do like Maroney and think he has great potential, but it just doesn't shine through enough...  This is a discussion board, people are going to discuss things, and I doubt anyone is forwarding their convincing arguments to Belichick demanding action!  I was going to continue on further but it looks like you might have your hands full with msniii.

Maybe some big band music will lighten your mood?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats are what they are, 5-2. 

On the good side they continue to get better as the season goes on.  Butler is fast.  Chung is in.  Vollmer needs work but he's already better than nothing.  Many of the 11 free agents are starting to get it.  Brady is back on target.  Brandon Tate and Mark LeVoir just walked on the field.  No other NFL team has this much upside.

On the other side, the Patriots are in the league's toughest division.  New Orleans really gutted out the Miami win in the fourth quarter, the Bills won, the Pats yawned, the Jets yawned in response.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after the bye week we have miami at home.and it wont be easy.henne isnt doing bad,and the dolphins can put up points.they have a two headed monster in willams,and brown,and one thing the pats defense still struggles with is, stopping the run.as for our record being what it is.its not bad.as for it should be 7-0?it isnt.being close only counts in horse shoes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : It's the Dolphins next, in Miami.  And that will be a very tough game.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Dolphins lost their starting CB yesterday, should make things a little easier. (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/5198/afc-east-injury-roundup-t-o-hurts-his-knee) Looks like they are thinking about starting a Rook in there for us. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : So you're saying that Denver and the Sanchezes both outplayed us the WHOLE game?

They won! Period!!! If we won would we want to listen to folks saying it was a fluke? Tuck Rule. How many time did we hear that.

first step in fixing a problem is admitting it.

We Lost!

second step is deciding what caused the loss and addressing it,

Dropped passes, lack of timing, lots of new players of def learning each other.

Final step. Address the issues.

I would say that we have, Brady is getting his timing and feel back. Still needs work on accuracy, but much better. Def has stepped up and are playing very well as a unit. Running still a concern

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

5-2 means nothing to me. It's all about what they do in the next 4 games that will prove what kind of team they are. We are 1-2 on the road, the Saints and the Colts are two dome games on the road. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

We're 5-2.

I will say that I believe we'd beat either of those teams if they were up next week, but we did definitely lose both of those games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : What trend?  Two seasons of 800+ plus yards as a part-time feature back is "AWFUL"? I don't have msniii, whatever that is.  Nor do I like "big band music".  As the Raspberries wrote, "I'm a rocker..." The fact is, Maroney is a good back, and you're wasting your breath complaining about him being on a 5-2 team.  It's like knocking Eason, even though he got us to the Super Bowl.

Hey man, great post, great thread, except for that part about Maroney.  Man that guy plays scared.  Who can blame him though?  Those NFL linebackers sure hit hard.  At least Maroney isn't running away from the line of scrimmage (yet).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : What trend?  Two seasons of 800+ plus yards as a part-time feature back is "AWFUL"? I don't have msniii, whatever that is.  Nor do I like "big band music".  As the Raspberries wrote, "I'm a rocker..." The fact is, Maroney is a good back, and you're wasting your breath complaining about him being on a 5-2 team.  It's like knocking Eason, even though he got us to the Super Bowl.

I'm generally not one to get into arguments online...  However, I said weak link in the chain not "AWFUL," as you apparently quoted me.  I also already covered the difference between complaining and discussion.

Msniii is the other person you are debating on this thread, not some new age tech tool or std...  Clearly you're more senile then we thought...

You still have not addressed the original burn I threw down on you. Which started with you trying to yell at "fake fans" yet you don't even have a clue about who's next on the schedule!  I just found that this small fact possibly would discredit your seemingly knowledgeable demeanor...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They should not be 7-0. They didn't make the plays they should have made in the Jets and Denver game particulary Brady.The Bills / Ravens game could have gone either way so there record is just about spot on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]And Moroney does dance too much.  And doesnt take guys on first level at all.  Thats irritating.  Even when he has a good game, you feel like he left 50 yards on the field
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]   Amen......My friend ...both your posts are right on.........some one has to take time to explain that to we coulda,,,,we shoulda....He needs adult supervision interpreting what he sees !!!!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Pats are 5-2 and anyone would be happy having that record with their starting QB coming off of career threatening knee-surgery. Brady is 15-4 td/int which is exactly where last years MVP Peyton Manning is at this point in the season (Brady has more passing yards, and played tougher teams). Indy couldn't have an easier schedule and it has been obvious since the numerous rule changes and blown calls in the 2006 AFC Chamionship game that the league is in the tank for not only the Colts, but the Manning family as a whole. The fact of the matter is, Brady lost 2 games where his timing was off but the fact of the matter is, the state of the Pats QB situation is better than ay team in this league. I can't wait to see how they stack up against the Colts and the Saints. The Pats play the Colts well and almost beat them with Matt Cassell last year save for a coaching blunder. At the end of the day, it will be the Steelers and Pats facing off for the AFC Championship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and....:
    [QUOTE]"fans"are complaining about Maroney. Why???????????????????????????????????????????

7-0 really?????????  You needed McElvin to make one of the stupiest mistakes a player can make in order to win.  The Ravens drop a pass inside the 10 after driving the length of the field.  You were manhandled by the Jets and you played two of the most pathetic teams in the league and you really believe you should be a 7-0 team.  That is why I love coming here.  You guys say some of the craziest things. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Hey, what happened to JintsFan.

I thought he would be here to talk about how well Eli salts the fries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchwillyPete. Show SchwillyPete's posts

[QUOTE] the Patriots are in the league's toughest division. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely absurd. AFC East is one of the worst divisions in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We win 35-7, we're 5-2, should be 7-0, and.... : This is absolutely absurd. AFC East is one of the worst divisions in the NFL.
    Posted by SchwillyPete[/QUOTE]

Let me guess - you are going to nominate the NFC East as the toughest.

And I agree with you. They are pretty good against teams without wins.

The Giants wins come against teams with a 8-23 while they lost against teams that are 10-2.

The Cowboys wins are against teams that are 7-18 while they lost to teams that are 11-2.

The Eagles wins are against teams that are 3-16 and their losses (including one to Oakland) are to teams that are 8-5.

Horrendous. I am skipping the Skins because, well, they can't even beat teams with no wins.

So, the divisions combined wins are against teams that are 18-57 while the losses came against a combined 23-9.

Face it. That division stinks. And I didn't even add the Skins in because that would radically skew the numbers lower.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

We're 5-2 and i'm happy that we're 5-2 and not 3-4 (we're one fumble and one dropped pass away from possibly having 2 more losses). 

All I want is for them to make the playoffs, have a bye in the playoffs, and homefield advantage in the divisional round. 

I would LOVE to bring the Broncos to Foxboro in January and not have the miscommunication/inaccuracy issues that we had a few weeks ago.

We're going to get another shot at the Jests in a few weeks and I believe we'll take care of business against them in Foxboro and allow them to feel what it's like to play a Patriot team that's playing more like it should be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

maroney's stats since being drafted

2008-  93yrds (wow 3 games)
    2007-  835yrds
    2006-  745yrds            

don't see two seasons of 800+ yrds there.
    check the facts before you write..jacka@#
    he is serviceable as said before

i'm not even getting into eason, cause you were put to shame with that comment on the other tread that you started.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

welker is our running game.and during this bye week hopefully the pats can fix the running game,rather if its the running backs or the O-Line not opening lanes up.the pats also need to fix the problem of stopping the run.for we have some great running backs comeing up that we need to stop.