Weaker 2011 draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1264477. Show user_1264477's posts

Weaker 2011 draft?

If I were a college player and I knew there was a fair chance that there would be a big cut in pay for the players in the 2011 draft, I would probably come out early. 

2011 may be cheaper for the teams, but it may have less talent as well.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Weaker 2011 draft?

I think it's fair to say that 2010 will be a deep draft due to all of the juniors entering, and 2011 will suffer "some" because of that.  I think the 2011 quality will suffer most in the 1st round, because anyone good who could leave early did so in 2010.  It's still good that the pick we got from the Raiders was in 2011.  I can't imagine what the top picks will ask for next year with no cap in place.

We will have some real good quality with our 2nd round picks next year.  All those guys who come out of college early can't all fit in the 1st round.  I wonder just how many who can leave early, will?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimc052886. Show Jimc052886's posts

The fact that 2011 draft class might be a weak draft class means nothing because we all know if BB and company find no value in the pick they received from the trade they will just trade down in the first round or even out of first round all together and pick up additional late round pick.... kind of like this years draft....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I dont necessariliy think it will be a weak draft.. I think there will easily be atleast 10 guys worth picking in round 1. I think the pay cut will only affect the guys that go in the 1st round because those guys demand insane amounts of money considering they are rookies. This is the reason why currently, rounds 2-4 are considered the best value in the draft today. The pay scale will be fixed which will have a major impact on the 1st rounders. So players that will be tempted to leave in 2010 will be 1st rounders, and as u know, most players that have a shot of being drafted in the draft end up leaving anyways, so i dont think the impact of this will be that great on the quality of players in 2011 top 20 picks..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Everytime the Pats have a high first, during the Belichick era, they draft great players (cf: Seymour and Mayo) to build the team. And yes a top ten pick gives the Pats flexablity in 2011 draft.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts