Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary?

In Response to Re: Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary?:
    [QUOTE]Let's play a few real games first before we assess the team weaknesses
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

I agree that it's a new year, lots of new players. .....just feel a little uneasy about our D.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary? : Now why would we employ a common sense approach like this when we can engage in a chicken-little exericise about how the lack of a pass-rush or the youth and inexperience of the secondary will bring about the demise of Western Civilization?  Come on, Tcal2, get with the program.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

lol....heh...besides we still have some time to kill before the first real game :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary? : Thank you! The offensive coordinator was garbage last year and he is there again this year. He better have learned something new or all the teams will be ready for our offense, jus like last year. I have to agree with some one other post above me, that our offensive, last year, had to many missed opportunities and costly turnovers. At the same time, our lack of pass rush is infuriating to watch, especially then watching our secondary get burned on the same play just makes it sad. But who knows, season could start and the team could be clicking perfectly fine.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

granted, the playcalling was pretty vanilla all year with no creativitity whatsoever. Is it because the OC was force to call vanilla because the players couldn't execute....or because the OC is a bad play caller?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

this is all funny to me.  The First 2 games everyone was on the Team is going to do it big time, and since then?   We a doomed for the cellar!

Remember this:  In 2001, the Pats were THE team picked to go down the tubes, and they showed little in the first 2 or so games, until Drew went down, and this skinny little Gumby came in and we were off.

Same in 08 when Cassell came in.  Virtually everyone wanted him gone in preseason, and he was so hated, and even his first few games after Tom went down, the team stunk, nothing, and then going into the playoffs, they were far better prepared for the playoffs then Tom's 07 and 09 teams.  Cassell's team was more well prepared for a SB run if they had made the playoffs.

No one knows anything about this season, until we are at least 4 games or so into it and even then, anything can still happen.

The offense had more to do with any D collapses last year, as the Offense was in and out so fast, Manning kept getting more and more chances to get hot in the 4th and 2 game.  One sustained drive ends it, and we had none.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weakest Link. Pass Rush or Secondary? : I choose to focus on Offense this year. The defense is going to be too depressing. I think the answer to your question is probably a coin toss depending on which play you watch. It's going to be a good year though. The offense is going to score tons.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

White... you just said the defense is going to be too depressing...  You do remember calling me a troll for saying that correct?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Why settle for just one weakest link when you can have two?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The rush is what I'm seeing as the issue.  Coverage looked pretty decent tonight, but they had alot of time to throw it.  Some issue against the run, but if I had to pick one area, Pass Rush is it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am not sure if pass rush is the weakest link. i just know it is the key to this team's success...more than coverage.

let's wait 'til after game one before judging.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE]i am not sure if pass rush is the weakest link. i just know it is the key to this team's success...more than coverage. let's wait 'til after game one before judging.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Even game one is a bit premature to start judging any team.  Remember that the regular season is to get ready for the playoffs, and it is more important to get better as the season moves along, and playing our best at the end.  Every team needs to jell, and a slow start doesn't always mean doom.

Sections
Shortcuts