WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons

I've wanted Konz as the pick for some serious time now...  But now, my reasons are entirely different.  Being on BDC as well as various Pats Message Boards for all of a decade now during that span of previous Belichick Draft Times, there's most often times a common consensus "feel" for the draftee that would be ideal, wanted as just a bit more than some other options, and held as that hopeful choice by just even the slightly greater majority of Patriot Fans for any given Pats Draft on any given year...

I'd like for even just 1 freak!ng time, for Us to have called the inevitable Belichick 1st Round Selection- CORRECTLY.  Just once, that's it.  He!!, I stated in pre-draft 2 years past how DMC was far and away THE best CB in that draft...yet, he STILL wasn't my final choice in the end.  Heck, I'm not even sure It's conceivable to think that a broad-aim consensus pick could EVER theoretically come to be, even in our wildest dreams...  I'd be happy for ALL, IF 1 Pats Poster called 1 of Belichick's 1st Round Selections accurately...that'd be a major miracle of momentous proportions in and of itself.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons

In Response to Re: WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons:
    [QUOTE]sorry. I think that is clearly RB now. Unless you assume Ridley/Vereen are starters, which you cannot, then NE has a depth problem at least there. WR is addressed for now. NE at the very least needs to find someone who has played and started at RB to be sfe. In reality, they need to upgrade the poition entirely IMO, getting a star runner a la Corey Dillon. Being able to run at will is important, and NE hasn't been able to do that since 2004. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

thanks for the opinion. i have been of teh same opinion this past year. i want a dominating line no mater who we have at rb. and there are few fa's left. who are you advocating we take in the draft. rb is 2nd for me prioritywise on offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons:
    [QUOTE]The last time I actually broke down the draftboard and who might be available to the Pats I had Devon Still or Michael Brockers as one of those two should be there and then I would move my 31 back to pick #37 (trade with Cleveland who has a bunch of picks and would likely be looking to move up into the late 1st Id take #37, 100 and one of Clevelands 6th round picks). At 37 the Pats might still get Konz as he has been sliding a bit and the second best Center Ben Jones can be had at the end of round 2 or even in the third. If Konz isn't available there though I would take one of the many CB's that will be there and be happy with Jones if I had to go that way.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

like i said, id take whoever scar liked best is who id go with. i have had still/brockers/reyes as ideal 27 (scars pick notwihtstanding). curry, branch, etc 31

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Ben Jones from Georgia in the 2nd or 3rd round is more likely and is a BB type of player, highly intelligent with 4 years of starting experience in the SEC.  He did not give up a sack his senior year!
    Posted by PatsFanVA33[/QUOTE]

i like jones too. i repeat myself. best c scar sees is who id like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WEAKEST POSITON ON OFFENSE NOW IS CENTER - KONZ in round 1- GIVE BRADY MORE TIME to use his weapons : The OL actually did a very good job last year and everyone is coming back. Connolly did a good job at C but gave up some pressure in the playoffs. One reason might be because Mankins needed assistance given his knee. The other being that Connolly also had minor injures through the year and never got into the flow at C. Given a full preseason and health this OL should come together and be at least as good if not better then it was last year. No need to go crazy after a C. With Scar we have some liberties not to take one early but take a mid-late round C and groom him for a year or two down the road. I still think the best thing to do is to take a late C with high upside but very raw and groom him with Mallett. By then when Brady is ready to retire after this contract you have a QB/C duo that are on the same page and have been practicing together for years. Though I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes Konz in the first I also wouldn't expect it. The way this off-season has gone so far I'm expected a heavy D draft (save for a WR or some later round depth on the OL)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

"  I still think the best thing to do is to take a late C with high upside but very raw and groom him with Mallett. "

it's woprked in the past.
    still i wouldnt risk this year.