Weather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Weather

I live down in RI. It's only about 45 minutes from Foxboro.  Today the wind is really pretty brutal and it's mid 30's right now at 1:00 in the afternoon. 

I had heard the game time weather would be 30's. If the wind remains like this tonight it would certainly be a factor with field goals and the passing game.
    Anyone with an opinion on who the weather might favor?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Re: Weather

The weather will undoubtedly favor those of us who are smart enough to stay home and watch this game on TV.....

But I live in PA and couldn't get tickets anyway, so what do I know? 

Go Pats!  A Monday Night beatdown of the sport's most arrogant team/coach/fans is in order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think Brady being confortable at home in these conditions will favor the Pats.  Brady has much more experience than Sanchez in these conditions. 

With that said... GO PATRIOTS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

With Moss gone, we throw maybe one or two deep balls a game so this won't affect us nearly as much as it would have with Moss. We're not a vertical team anymore, we're horizontal. While the wind can still affect that passing game, it won't be as big a factor because Brady's accurate and he can throw some bullets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

I also believe that this would be a benefit to NE.  I have noticed that many of the Jets big plays this year have come on downfield passes to Edwards, Holmes, and Keller.  The high wind would hurt this type of aerial attack.  The Pats have benefited from downfield passing too, but they have also gained a lot of yardage on short passes and screens.  I have no doubt that BB will devise a attack that will be effective in whatever conditions the game is being played.  Also, Brady has proved that he is a great "bad weather" QB, and I think that the verdict is still out as to how composed Sanchez can be under these difficult conditions.  Bring on the wind!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Wish Ghost was playing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Really.. the Jets have the better defense, better O line and running game... and you guys think the wind would benefit NE??  lol.. jeez 

The only argument would be that the Patriots have the better passing game and can "weather" the wind better.. however using the patriots past team with Moss vs the current team to say they benefit does not make any sense..

The type of team the Jets are vs the type of team the Patriots are would make it more favorable for the Jets.. Hope the wind is not that bad. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The Jets have a better Oline? Really? Please explain why.

The Pats run the ball fairly well with two running backs who won't sniff a probowl vote. They protect Brady extremely well. They have the best offense scoring wise in the NFL. Yet the Jets have a better oline. 

Light has had a very good year, while I'll take Vollmer over Woody any day of the week. I'd also take Mankins over anyone they have. Ferguson isn't that great.

I love blanket statement that have no supporting evidence.

In Response to Re: Weather:
    [QUOTE]Really.. the Jets have the better defense, better O line and running game... and you guys think the wind would benefit NE??  lol.. jeez  The only argument would be that the Patriots have the better passing game and can "weather" the wind better.. however using the patriots past team with Moss vs the current team to say they benefit does not make any sense.. The type of team the Jets are vs the type of team the Patriots are would make it more favorable for the Jets.. Hope the wind is not that bad. 
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The Jets have more of a vertical passing game, that's why windy conditions help the Pats

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I see snow flurries on radar.  One batch is in a line between Springfield and Worcester, drifting towards Foxboro.  There's a bigger batch on the MA/NY state line.  Snow is pinwheeling around a low pressure center near Augusta, Maine. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I love it when teams come into new england and the weather is atrocious. Probably not idle for fans in the stand, but sure is an advantage