WEEI: Brady had fractured foot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: WEEI: Brady had fractured foot?

Lets not make excuses.........we got flat out whooped in all three phases.....and coaching.............no adjustments..........we lost plain and simple.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

not saying that its not true, but is there some kinda subtle pattern emerging where TFB's ailments always seem to be conveniently leaked after tough losses?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from swheeler23. Show swheeler23's posts

Brady did not say this. Two radio guys did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Oh, I get it. I'm not making excuses for the guy. I admire him and respect him for what he's done for the franchise thus far. Could we have done better? Yes, but such is life. I wouldn't want any other guy as the leader of our team.

I'd much rather talk about actual possibilities instead of starting threads that call for a Brady replacement or Belichick being fired.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Yeah, and Sanchez had a bad shoulder, so what.  Tom doesnt need his foot to throw anyway....  He looked good when everything went right, so im not buying it.  Lets all move on....I came here to see if there was some offseason talk, and still looking at what ifs/ but this, why didnt we do this....Lets MOVE ON!  ITS OVER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to WEEI: Brady had fractured foot?:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/boston-radio-station-spreads-rumor-tom-brady-has-a-broken-foot/ Doesn't justify the entire loss but does play a part, no doubt.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Jeez! In the SB against the Giants it was the foot (remember the pics of the walking boot) Last year it was the shoulder and this year the foot again!?? C'mon man, enough with the excuses. Who is he now , Brett Favre?? We lost, Tom sucked, PERIOD!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i agree with all posts here and also wouldnt rather having anyone than TFB leading the team. my above comment wasnt even directed at brady specifically, but more the fact that the media is developing a pattern of releasing stuff like this after the fact. no excuses, the pats lost, time to move on. i am done talking about those goons from jersey too, i have vented my share and my eyes are now on the future..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

In Response to Re: WEEI: Brady had fractured foot?:
    [QUOTE]Tom doesnt need his foot to throw anyway.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

This very well may be one of the dumbest statements I have heard in a while.  The entire throwing motion starts with the lower body, if you don't have a solid base, it's very difficult to make accurate or strong throws.

Again, not saying that this excuses the loss, but it explains why he was more hesitant to get hit, why he wouldn't pull the ball down and run for a couple yards, and why he wasn't moving around in the pocket as much as he normally would.  That's of course assuming that the foot is still fractured now, and not when he was listed on the injury report with a foot injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

Also, if it did in fact happen during the game, it could explain why the offense went cold after the first 2 offensive series (although the Jets adjustments should be given credit as well).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

im more interested in some of what the players were saying that they werent prepared for the scheme the jests played...in particular welker and branch and moss saying the same about the giants superbowl...

this concerns me the most because we have always been the best prepared... and that was the issue in the game... the offense could not get on track because of what the jests did....   ultimately bill is responsible for that but I would like to know if Obrien created that game plan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is ridiculous...Rahzid, what I was trying to say is that even if his foot was bothering him, it didnt effect his throws, which when someone was open he found them...its that noone was open for the most part....that 37 yard dart to Gronk shows you all you need to see,.

Of course planting ur feet is necesarry in throwing, but he was fine...this foot thing happened weeks ago, and we had not problem blowing out Chicago, Miami, etc... so with 2 weeks off, his foot should have felt better than ever, so STOP it with the excuses already

jcour brought up only good point, how the hell are you not prepared for ZOne, its only one or two, zone or man, but the Wr's made it seem like they werent prepared for it...whos fault is that?  Rexy played zone succesfully against # 18, so that combined with the fact we scraped them when they played man, its obvious to prepare for zone too....Maybe Rexy was right, Maybe T.B. should have been watching film instead of some stupid broadway show ironically about a SB winning coach....lol  - what a dissapointment....Why does Bill continuously wait till do or die time to lose his mind, and have us unprepared is beyond me, maybe is his betting....I cant explain it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re preparation:  AND the Jets played exactly the same way the prior week vs. the colts.  Its not like they didn't provide a tell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If Brady were on the Jets, Rex's wife might have been able to fix him up at half time...just sayin...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

just an excuse not to play in the probowl. he doesnt want to go to hawaii for a vacation w/ his family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, and Sanchez had a bad shoulder, so what.  Tom doesnt need his foot to throw anyway....  He looked good when everything went right, so im not buying it.  Lets all move on....I came here to see if there was some offseason talk, and still looking at what ifs/ but this, why didnt we do this....Lets MOVE ON!  ITS OVER!

Sorry but that has got to be the stupidist comment about a qb I've ever heard.  You don't need your feet to throw...come on now.  While the arm is important it's just as important the use of the hips and foot placement when delivering the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from voigt. Show voigt's posts

Brady and his hurt foot was a big part of the loss to the Giants in the SB. He wanted to take the team all the waya, I get that, but for the good of the team, he should have sat it out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

All this talk of Brady sitting out is ridiculous. He's a diehard competitor. You think any competitor wnats to sit in the biggest game of his team's season? Come on, be serious.

If he sat and we lost, people would have jumped on him for being "such a celebrity QB and a fairy, ever since he married Giselle." If the guy plays with a hurt foot, he "was being selfish and should have sat." There's no winning for him.

Again, I'm not saying we lost because of this foot injury but it is something to consider in the grand scheme of things. We won't know if it was true or not until much, much later, if ever. We didn't know about his broken ribs last year until this past summer...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

nahhhh, just a fractured EGO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrackerEd. Show TrackerEd's posts

That explains why he was moving so slow.  wait....does he always have a broken foot?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]this foot thing happened weeks ago, and we had not problem blowing out Chicago, Miami, etc... so with 2 weeks off, his foot should have felt better than ever

According to the article (and I'll use that term loosely), it happened during the game.  At least before the article was updated.  Try to keep the timing of posts in perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Maybe it explains why Brady was just sitting on the bench, looking downcast, instead of pep-talking and rallying the team, like he usually did.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady wont play in the Pro bowl. This is just a reason for him not to go. I bet Momma knows a lot better places in RIO D. I've been there, nice place to destroy your liver watching the butt floss walk by.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dont we have a backup QB?  Yeah, when ur starter gets hurt, you put in your well trusted backup that you've had all year....if not, then he is not injured, just hurt, and like Brady always sais, "there are a lot guys that are hurt" , so what!

He didnt take any hits that looked to injure his leg, I never saw him limping, and Brady usually scrambles like twice a year, and his quota for this year had already been met, so its a stretch to say he didnt run cuz his leg hurt....He had no problem hopping around, dodging invisible defenders, or ghosts as Jaws called them....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc96c4/article/report-brady-has-stress-fracture-in-foot-that-predates-2010

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]All this talk of Brady sitting out is ridiculous. He's a diehard competitor. You think any competitor wnats to sit in the biggest game of his team's season? Come on, be serious. If he sat and we lost, people would have jumped on him for being "such a celebrity QB and a fairy, ever since he married Giselle." If the guy plays with a hurt foot, he "was being selfish and should have sat." There's no winning for him. Again, I'm not saying we lost because of this foot injury but it is something to consider in the grand scheme of things. We won't know if it was true or not until much, much later, if ever. We didn't know about his broken ribs last year until this past summer...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE] Stop when brady had a great defence he wow. When the offence had to carry the D brady choked.    The last 3 games end of story. P.S. since 2005 Devner.

Sections
Shortcuts